April 27th- May 9th | Tornado Outbreak Sequence

Iceresistance

.65” of rain last night. 

More rain through Thursday as the Low moves across No Tx. 
It’s Okla’s turn tonight! 

• Like 2

Before You Diagnose Yourself With Depression or Low Self-Esteem,...First Make Sure You Are Not In Fact, Just Surrounded By A$$holes.

“If I owned Texas and Hell, I would rent out Texas and live in Hell.”  Gen. Sheridan 1866

2018 Rainfall - 62.65" High Temp. - 110.03* Low Temp. - 8.4*

The Low is still sitting in NW Texas and shouldn’t  push through till tomorrow night.
Temps will drop between 10-15* tomorrow. 

• Rain 1

Before You Diagnose Yourself With Depression or Low Self-Esteem,...First Make Sure You Are Not In Fact, Just Surrounded By A$$holes.

“If I owned Texas and Hell, I would rent out Texas and live in Hell.”  Gen. Sheridan 1866

2018 Rainfall - 62.65" High Temp. - 110.03* Low Temp. - 8.4*

12 hours ago, CentralNebWeather said:

Precipitation as of 6 pm. 8A03F7EC-2637-4E26-BACC-5480FBFE16B4.thumb.png.26ebf4daad4c318c967328d71323a2f0.png

12 hours ago, gabel23 said:

I have been home for 30 minutes and the temp has dropped from 39 to 36. I have 1.8" of rain so far and some fat snow flakes are starting to mix in. Radar doing a pretty good job of picking that up. Just a crazy week so far. 

IMG_1756.MOV

PNG image-B67121CCB858-1.png

Let's see if you guys can set some snow stats wrt the time in between "Last Flake & First Flake" of the seasons.  That would be something to see after an dreadful winter for you guys.

• Like 2

• Iceresistance changed the title to April 27th- May 9th | Tornado Outbreak Sequence

Seminole got 4 inch hail last night, but I'm shocked that there was a tornado near Earlsboro 

The Mesocyclone and the BIG hail missed my house again!

• Like 1

Never say Never with Weather, because anything is possible!

All observations are in Tecumseh, OK unless otherwise noted

ww0175_radar_big.png

• Storm 2

Ashland, KY Weather

'23-'24 Winter

Snowfall - 5.50"
First freeze: 11/1 (32)
Minimum: 2 on 1/17

Measurable snows: 4
Max 1 day snow: 3" (1/19)

Thunders: 11
1/27, 1/28, 2/10, 2/22, 2/27, 2/28, 3/5, 3/6, 3/14, 3/15
3/26, 

-------------------------------------------------------
[Klamath Falls, OR 2010 to 2021]
https://imgur.com/SuGTijl

Uploaded a video from my chase on Monday 5/2/22. Another moderate risk that really underperformed given the 15% hatched tornado risk and even expectations of very large hail.

Unfortunately for me, I was far enough away (6.5 hours) that the discrete cells which offered the best structure and had a couple of brief tornadoes, were pretty quickly taken over by the surging cold front. I almost called off the chase when I woke up Monday morning based on how the models were now showing that scenario. But when you were excited as I was to go the night before based on what the models were showing, it's hard to change your mind.

I made it to this storm, mere minutes after it had a confirmed tornado, but it was only a brief tornado despite the obvious, very strong rotation with the storm. Shortly thereafter, it was overtaken by the cold front and became part of a line of storms with some wind and hail.

So in the end, I drove 6.5 hours one way to basically chase/be near the storms for an hour, and then had to drive back to make it back home at 1am. These are the days where I am like, what the f*ck am I doing, and my wife thinks I'm crazy!

• Like 7

• Guest unpinned this topic