May 2022 Observations & Discussions

Iceresistance

Future cast has us getting some storms.  Hope they’re right. We need the rain! 

866B9C70-00BD-419F-86D7-DE38E450B361.png

• Like 3

Before You Diagnose Yourself With Depression or Low Self-Esteem,...First Make Sure You Are Not In Fact, Just Surrounded By A$$holes.

“If I owned Texas and Hell, I would rent out Texas and live in Hell.”  Gen. Sheridan 1866

2018 Rainfall - 62.65" High Temp. - 110.03* Low Temp. - 8.4*

Oh Baby!!    It’s here!!  🙌  Real Rain  😃

55FDF762-84FD-48A1-81CC-7FD1ABB21204.png

• Like 3

Before You Diagnose Yourself With Depression or Low Self-Esteem,...First Make Sure You Are Not In Fact, Just Surrounded By A$$holes.

“If I owned Texas and Hell, I would rent out Texas and live in Hell.”  Gen. Sheridan 1866

40 minutes ago, CentralNebWeather said:

Went down to our local brewery for some beers. It feels like a Friday football game night in late September or early October. Forecast now saying 1.0-1.5” tomorrow through Wednesday morning. Temps stay in the upper 40’s to low 50’s for highs until Thursday. 

I agree this week has had an October feel with the cool mornings and afternoons in the 60's here.  This is just perfect imo.

• Like 1

The official H/L yesterday at Grand Rapids was 62/40. The mean for the day at GR was 51 and that was a departure of -11. For the month the mean is now 59.8 and that is a departure of +2.0. There was no rain fall yesterday. Clouds moved in before sun set yesterday and that kept the temperatures up and the overnight low both here at my house and officially at GRR was 46. At the current time it is partly cloudy here and 49.

• Like 1

All of North Texas is in a thunderstorm alert!   We’ll take it   The Panhandle rain was a mercy   More please!  
It’s cloudy and cool this morning.  

Chances of rain will rise throughout the day through evening.  Love it!  We’ve been robbed of a great deal of rain this year.

• Storm 2

20 minutes ago, CentralNebWeather said:

Looks like most of my area gets 1.5” or a little more. Rain shield moving north/northwest this morning is on my doorstep. Just got the yard mowed. Rain should start in the next hour and go through Wednesday evening. 

Tracking the defo band…what a storm this would be in the Winter…

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, snowstorm83 said:

I spent five days in Cancun, returned to Lincoln yesterday. Fun trip, very hot and humid - so the weather here has been refreshing. 

How was the scene down there?  I want to check out Tulum sometime soon.  I hear it’s really getting to be a popular spot.

• Like 1

BRRRR...Lows this morning dipped down to a chilly 38F. Highs today remaining below normal.

Next weeks CF (Monday or so) will bring another shot of chilly air around here w/lows back into the 40s and maybe some 30s. 

• Like 2

Snowfall for Winter 2023 -24 for Metro Detroit Area 

Oct 2023: 0.2" AN

Nov 2023: 2.2" AN

Dec 2023: 0.5" BN Insane!

Jan 2024: 17.0" AN

Feb 2024: 1.9"  BN

Mar 2024: 4.9" BN

April 2024:

Season So Far: 26.7"

10 minutes ago, snowstorm83 said:

I spent five days in Cancun, returned to Lincoln yesterday. Fun trip, very hot and humid - so the weather here has been refreshing. 

Luv it there. We had an all inclusive and enjoyed every meal. The weather was extremely humid and temps were not all that unbearable, but the HI made it feel in the 100s. I remember looking at my radar for any hurricanes nearby and if Cancun was going to get hit by any of them. I did see a few severe storms, but lasted very briefly. I was on the beach and in the pool the whole time. Its a very nice area to visit. The water was so warm tht it ctually made me sweat in the water. 

• Like 1

April 2024:

15 minutes ago, Tom said:

How was the scene down there?  I want to check out Tulum sometime soon.  I hear it’s really getting to be a popular spot.

I loved it, stayed at an all inclusive resort. People were friendly, food/beverages were good, beach was nice (a bit of seaweed but not terrible). Our hotel lobby was pretty fun and active in the evenings as well. The most annoying part was people trying to sell you drugs and other things on the beach lol. Also checked out the mall area by the northern side of the island which was cool. It was my first time out of the country and pretty sweet overall! 

• Like 3

Snowfall in Lincoln, NE:

2017-18: 21.4"   2018-19: 55.5"   2019-20: 17.6"   2020-21: 49.4"   2021-22: 5.1" 🤮

Average: 26"

2 hours ago, snowstorm83 said:

I loved it, stayed at an all inclusive resort. People were friendly, food/beverages were good, beach was nice (a bit of seaweed but not terrible). Our hotel lobby was pretty fun and active in the evenings as well. The most annoying part was people trying to sell you drugs and other things on the beach lol. Also checked out the mall area by the northern side of the island which was cool. It was my first time out of the country and pretty sweet overall! 

I’ve been there like 5x and enjoyed every trip.  It has changed dramatically since my first trip way back when I was a senior in HS.  Then I went again for my Froshman year in college back in March 2000.  There have been many new resorts and clubs/restaurants built since the mid 2000’s.  I’d like to go soon, esp now since the US dollar is stronger vs Peso.  Back in the day $1 bought 10 pesos…now it’s double!

There was a major hurricane that hit the area back in late 2000’s I believe which destroyed many hotels, thus all the new developments.  The color of the ocean is something I will never forget.  You can see the cool shades of blue when you look out at the ocean.  Post some pics if you have any that you’d like to share!  Thanks

• Like 2

4 hours ago, snowstorm83 said:

Seaweed was a little annoying , yes, I remember that. 

Btw: we stayed at the Maya Riviera area. 

• Like 1

April 2024:

Lots of solid rain out there this evening.  Just had a heavy downpour with plenty of light rain between showers.  

66*. We’ll have rain until after sunrise. 
At last!  Statewide rain! 😃

754828CD-83ED-4A49-9394-255F26FCB6B4.png

• Like 2
  • Storm 1

Waiting for the next storm here! Temperate day and was overcast the whole way through. 

71/54 for my high/low. 

Ashland, KY Weather

'23-'24 Winter

Snowfall - 5.50"
First freeze: 11/1 (32)
Minimum: 2 on 1/17

Measurable snows: 4
Max 1 day snow: 3" (1/19)

Thunders: 11
1/27, 1/28, 2/10, 2/22, 2/27, 2/28, 3/5, 3/6, 3/14, 3/15
3/26, 

-------------------------------------------------------
[Klamath Falls, OR 2010 to 2021]
https://imgur.com/SuGTijl

Looking forward to a warmer and more humid, summery feel today with a good chance for some daytime storms.  Nothing Severe but some thundery daytime downpours would be nice to see.  Glad to see that a lot of our members out west got a good soaking where it was needed badly.

Alright, Alright, Alright....the Big weekend ahead is looking mighty nice and the models are backing off the stormy look on Memorial Day and delaying it a day or two.  Good news for all those outdoor activities and if you want the Heat to hold on for a few more days.  TBH, I don't mind to see the warmth for a bit longer!

Both the EPS/GEFS are still suggesting a cooler look to open up MET Summer...Hello June...shall we continue the wetter pattern??  Indeed it appears so...

1.gif

image.png

• Like 2

Models have trended toward several days of hot and capped, once again, after the current system.  Models also show a bunch of storms in the Dakotas during that period, after which the front then sweeps through our area with little or nothing.  Rinse and repeat.  Apparently, we can only be either cool and wet or warm and capped this year.  🤬

• Sad 1

season snowfall: 34.8"

'22-23: 30.2"      '21-22: 27.1"      '20-21: 52.5"      '19-20: 36.2"      '18-19: 50.2"      '17-18: 39.5"

Average snowfall: ~30"

That system came together and dropped a lot of rain.  A good old fashioned series of thunderstorm with all the effects. Winds whipped up high late last night.  
I won’t know what I got till later.  Still dark out.  

currently 69*.  Humidity at 96%!  
High today of 74*.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Tom said:

Yeah this was a classic.  Line after line sweeping through the State.  This is the Spring storm system I’m used to!

Edit:  Just checked. My gauge shows 1.5”.   Awesome.  We needed it. 

• Like 3

In looking at this weeks weather history there are a lot of tornadoes but also a lot of years with snow and cold.
The official H/L at Grand Rapids yesterday was 67/45 the overnight low here in MBY was 53 and the official overnight low at GRR was 51. At the current time it is cloudy and 54 here at my house. I see that the NWS is hinting of possible highs reaching near 90 next week.

• Like 1
  • scream 1

Hopefully some nice t'stms this week for my area. Some could be strong to severe.

First real heat of the season next week for S MI (possible 90's) .....then it cools down significantly.

• Like 2
  • Storm 1

April 2024:

I have received 0.70" so far, so the super dry models were wrong.  However, models are generally dropping rain totals today, only showing some scattered light stuff.

It certainly appears we have another period of heat coming(also very dry), so I'm glad we were able to get some decent rain.  This time my garden is nearly fully planted, so the heat will be mostly welcome.

• Like 4

season snowfall: 34.8"

'22-23: 30.2"      '21-22: 27.1"      '20-21: 52.5"      '19-20: 36.2"      '18-19: 50.2"      '17-18: 39.5"

Average snowfall: ~30"

Some light rainfall now currently and temps holding in the mid 60s. Raw, coolish day w/ on and off showers.

• Like 2

April 2024:

Wow, Sun broke through, clouds high tailed it out of here and we have very westerly winds - 15-28mph

(More 28 than 15)  But 65* and Sunny.  After today it will start to warm back up fast.  Enjoy it while I can!

• Like 2