Jump to content
The Weather Forums

May Winter Continue 2022 PNW


Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, RentonHillTC said:

Anyone got advice on how to teach a 3 year old how to blow their nose? Like how to actually blow air out?

Exhale but keep ur mouth closed? Lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Longtimer
Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, Doiinko said:

How well did up North do in December 2008? SeaTac seems to have had less snow but more cold, but I don't think it's representative of that many places up there.

I had about 35”. 
Here is my old Jetta buried on Christmas Day 2008. 

5DF95463-BF08-4126-8300-12691D2CD658.jpeg

Edited by MossMan
  • Like 1

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Longtimer
7 minutes ago, RentonHillTC said:

I’m just letting him suck his brains out with a baby snot sucker what’s the worst that could happen

Oh I still have nightmares about the snot sucker…

  • lol 1
  • Sick 2

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, MossMan said:

I had about 35”. 
Here is my old Jetta buried on Christmas Day 2008. 

5DF95463-BF08-4126-8300-12691D2CD658.jpeg

Wow, that's a lot! I hope I can experience something like December 2008 here. It looks like we didn't do too bad that winter either, maybe 25-27 inches total, but I didn't live here then. Most I've had in a winter was 18 inches in 2016/17, and somewhere around 8-10 inches in 2013/2014.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Longtimer
Just now, Doiinko said:

Wow, that's a lot! I hope I can experience something like December 2008 here. It looks like we didn't do too bad that winter either, maybe 25-27 inches total, but I didn't live here then. Most I've had in a winter was 18 inches in 2016/17, and somewhere around 8-10 inches in 2013/2014.

It was pretty epic! We also had a low of -3 degrees the morning of the 20th I believe it was. 

  • Like 1

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, MossMan said:

It was pretty epic! We also had a low of -3 degrees the morning of the 20th I believe it was. 

Apparently Portland only dropped to 20 that month, they actually got colder the next December with a low of 12 degrees. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, Doiinko said:

How well did up North do in December 2008? SeaTac seems to have had less snow but more cold, but I don't think it's representative of that many places up there.

We had 63” between December and the first week of January 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Longtimer

Eugene didn’t do great for snow in December 2008, but they did have a 27/10 day. They hit 7 in December 2009.

  • Like 2

Snowfall                                  Precip

2021-22: 52.6"                    2021-22: 82.13" 

2020-21: 12.0"                    2020-21: 71.59"

2019-20: 23.5"                   2019-20: 58.54"

2018-19: 63.5"                   2018-19: 66.33"

2017-18: 30.3"                   2017-18: 59.83"

2016-17: 49.2"                   2016-17: 97.58"

2015-16: 11.75"                 2015-16: 68.67"

2014-15: 3.5"
2013-14: 11.75"                  2013-14: 62.30
2012-13: 16.75"                 2012-13: 78.45  

2011-12: 98.5"                   2011-12: 92.67"

It's always sunny at Winters Hill! 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, SilverFallsAndrew said:

Eugene didn’t do great for snow in December 2008, but they did have a 27/10 day. They hit 7 in December 2009.

The joys of being too far south for most of the notable events people talk about on here. Then only like 5 people can speak of memories from, say, 2/25/19.

Plus the continued absurd current stretch without a sub-freezing high is just straight-up comical at this point.

Anybody else on here gone since Jan 2017 without experiencing one?

  • Weenie 2

Springfield, Oregon cold season 21-22 Stats:

  • Coldest high: 35F (Dec 27, 2021)
  • Coldest low: 17F (Feb 23, 2022)
  • Days with below freezing temps: 36 (Most recent: Apr 17, 2022)
  • Days with sub-40F highs: 5 (Most recent: Jan 17, 2022)
  • Total snowfall: 10.0"
  • Last accumulating snowfall: December 28, 2021
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 14, 2017 (31F) *Longest streak without a sub-freezing high on record*
  • Last White Christmas: 1990
  • Significant wind events (gusts 45+): 0

Personal Stats:

  • Last accumulating snowfall: December 28, 2021
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 14, 2017 (31)
  • Last White Christmas: 2008
  • Total snowfall since joining TheWeatherForums: 30.7"

 

Venmo

GoFundMe "College Basketball vs Epilepsy": gf.me/u/zk3pj2

My Twitter @358jerseys4hope

24

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, TigerWoodsLibido said:

The joys of being too far south for most of the notable events people talk about on here. Then only like 5 people can speak of memories from like 2/25/19.

Plus the continued absurd current stretch without a sub-freezing high is rather depressing.

I somehow managed 2.5-3 inches on 2/25/19, but the snowstorm down south was insane. Wasn't it like the snowiest month since 1969? I hope you guys down south could get some full arctic air and the snow with cold temps soon. That lack of a sub-freezing high streak is surprising, let's hope it ends next winter.

Maybe if the February cold blast happened in December or January you may have had one, which means there's still hope!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Doiinko said:

I somehow managed 2.5-3 inches on 2/25/19, but the snowstorm down south was insane. Wasn't it like the snowiest month since 1969? I hope you guys down south could get some full arctic air and the snow with cold temps soon. That lack of a sub-freezing high streak is surprising, let's hope it ends next winter.

Yup, snowiest 72-hour stretch since January wine dine 69. Over 20" in places around town.

Snow hasn't been the issue at all. We've had quite a bit since the 2010s began, but the lack of Arctic cold is just weird. I feel like few people on here truly understand what it's like.

  • scream 1
  • Troll 1

Springfield, Oregon cold season 21-22 Stats:

  • Coldest high: 35F (Dec 27, 2021)
  • Coldest low: 17F (Feb 23, 2022)
  • Days with below freezing temps: 36 (Most recent: Apr 17, 2022)
  • Days with sub-40F highs: 5 (Most recent: Jan 17, 2022)
  • Total snowfall: 10.0"
  • Last accumulating snowfall: December 28, 2021
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 14, 2017 (31F) *Longest streak without a sub-freezing high on record*
  • Last White Christmas: 1990
  • Significant wind events (gusts 45+): 0

Personal Stats:

  • Last accumulating snowfall: December 28, 2021
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 14, 2017 (31)
  • Last White Christmas: 2008
  • Total snowfall since joining TheWeatherForums: 30.7"

 

Venmo

GoFundMe "College Basketball vs Epilepsy": gf.me/u/zk3pj2

My Twitter @358jerseys4hope

24

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, TigerWoodsLibido said:

Yup, snowiest 72-hour stretch since January wine dine 69. Over 20" in places around town.

What was the setup for that event? Was there just some cold air in place already?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, TigerWoodsLibido said:

Yup, snowiest 72-hour stretch since January wine dine 69. Over 20" in places around town.

Snow hasn't been the issue at all. We've had quite a bit since the 2010s began, but the lack of Arctic cold is just weird. I feel like few people on here truly understand what it's like.

The last major regional arctic blast was December of 2013 I think, so I hope we get another soon.

  • Excited 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Doiinko said:

What was the setup for that event? Was there just some cold air in place already?

For 1969 I think repeated low pressure systems moved up along an Arctic boundary, coming onshore around Gold Beach and tracking towards northern Klamath County at a very slow pace, with extensive deformation to the north.

 

In Feb 2019 it was a weird anafrontal-type setup and a stalling low pressure system involved in there somewhere coming onshore south of Cape Blanco. Curry County landfall is generally the sweet spot for the south valley.

  • Like 1

Springfield, Oregon cold season 21-22 Stats:

  • Coldest high: 35F (Dec 27, 2021)
  • Coldest low: 17F (Feb 23, 2022)
  • Days with below freezing temps: 36 (Most recent: Apr 17, 2022)
  • Days with sub-40F highs: 5 (Most recent: Jan 17, 2022)
  • Total snowfall: 10.0"
  • Last accumulating snowfall: December 28, 2021
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 14, 2017 (31F) *Longest streak without a sub-freezing high on record*
  • Last White Christmas: 1990
  • Significant wind events (gusts 45+): 0

Personal Stats:

  • Last accumulating snowfall: December 28, 2021
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 14, 2017 (31)
  • Last White Christmas: 2008
  • Total snowfall since joining TheWeatherForums: 30.7"

 

Venmo

GoFundMe "College Basketball vs Epilepsy": gf.me/u/zk3pj2

My Twitter @358jerseys4hope

24

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, TigerWoodsLibido said:

Yup, snowiest 72-hour stretch since January wine dine 69. Over 20" in places around town.

Snow hasn't been the issue at all. We've had quite a bit since the 2010s began, but the lack of Arctic cold is just weird. I feel like few people on here truly understand what it's like.

You above all others deserve it here man. You’ve been fighting through this slump like a true champ, your time will come, you’ll get a 17/5 day with 20” just wait 😎

  • Like 1
  • Excited 1
  • Confused 1

Weather stats for MBY

Snowfall:

-Total snowfall since joining: 45.25"

-2018-19: 21"

-2019-20: 2.5"

-2020-21: 13"

-2021-22: 8.75"

-Most recent snowfall: 0.25”; February 24th, 2022

-Largest snowfall (single storm): 8.5"; February 12-13, 2021

-Largest snow depth: 14"; 1:30am February 12th, 2019

Temperatures:

-Warmest: 109F; June 28th, 2021

-Coldest: 13F; December 27th, 2021

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Eug/Spr area is actually a great region for cold air damming and low high temps during the winter. A few hundred feet above sea level, isolated from the water, and fairly north. It’s a matter of time before something truly anomalous happens again. I’m surprised there haven’t been any subfreezing days during the winter since 2016/17, even w/o Arctic airmasses. Even inversion patterns could produce 31/29 type days.

  • Excited 1

Weather stats for MBY

Snowfall:

-Total snowfall since joining: 45.25"

-2018-19: 21"

-2019-20: 2.5"

-2020-21: 13"

-2021-22: 8.75"

-Most recent snowfall: 0.25”; February 24th, 2022

-Largest snowfall (single storm): 8.5"; February 12-13, 2021

-Largest snow depth: 14"; 1:30am February 12th, 2019

Temperatures:

-Warmest: 109F; June 28th, 2021

-Coldest: 13F; December 27th, 2021

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Meatyorologist said:

The Eug/Spr area is actually a great region for cold air damming and low high temps during the winter. A few hundred feet above sea level, isolated from the water, and fairly north. It’s a matter of time before something truly anomalous happens again. I’m surprised there haven’t been any subfreezing days during the winter since 2016/17, even w/o Arctic airmasses. Even inversion patterns could produce 31/29 type days.

Exactly, even that has been lacking. Just very weird.

  • Snow 2

Springfield, Oregon cold season 21-22 Stats:

  • Coldest high: 35F (Dec 27, 2021)
  • Coldest low: 17F (Feb 23, 2022)
  • Days with below freezing temps: 36 (Most recent: Apr 17, 2022)
  • Days with sub-40F highs: 5 (Most recent: Jan 17, 2022)
  • Total snowfall: 10.0"
  • Last accumulating snowfall: December 28, 2021
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 14, 2017 (31F) *Longest streak without a sub-freezing high on record*
  • Last White Christmas: 1990
  • Significant wind events (gusts 45+): 0

Personal Stats:

  • Last accumulating snowfall: December 28, 2021
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 14, 2017 (31)
  • Last White Christmas: 2008
  • Total snowfall since joining TheWeatherForums: 30.7"

 

Venmo

GoFundMe "College Basketball vs Epilepsy": gf.me/u/zk3pj2

My Twitter @358jerseys4hope

24

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, TigerWoodsLibido said:

Exactly, even that has been lacking. Just very weird.

It'll come. In a way you won't even expect. A truly biblical event that'll make 2/25/19 look like a joke.

  • Excited 1

Weather stats for MBY

Snowfall:

-Total snowfall since joining: 45.25"

-2018-19: 21"

-2019-20: 2.5"

-2020-21: 13"

-2021-22: 8.75"

-Most recent snowfall: 0.25”; February 24th, 2022

-Largest snowfall (single storm): 8.5"; February 12-13, 2021

-Largest snow depth: 14"; 1:30am February 12th, 2019

Temperatures:

-Warmest: 109F; June 28th, 2021

-Coldest: 13F; December 27th, 2021

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Meatyorologist said:

It'll come. In a way you won't even expect. A truly biblical event that'll make 2/25/19 look like a joke.

I truly believe this winter 22-23 will blow our fuckkin minds.

  • Excited 1

Springfield, Oregon cold season 21-22 Stats:

  • Coldest high: 35F (Dec 27, 2021)
  • Coldest low: 17F (Feb 23, 2022)
  • Days with below freezing temps: 36 (Most recent: Apr 17, 2022)
  • Days with sub-40F highs: 5 (Most recent: Jan 17, 2022)
  • Total snowfall: 10.0"
  • Last accumulating snowfall: December 28, 2021
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 14, 2017 (31F) *Longest streak without a sub-freezing high on record*
  • Last White Christmas: 1990
  • Significant wind events (gusts 45+): 0

Personal Stats:

  • Last accumulating snowfall: December 28, 2021
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 14, 2017 (31)
  • Last White Christmas: 2008
  • Total snowfall since joining TheWeatherForums: 30.7"

 

Venmo

GoFundMe "College Basketball vs Epilepsy": gf.me/u/zk3pj2

My Twitter @358jerseys4hope

24

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Pouring rain here this morning... but the ECMWF shows some sun at times this afternoon in the Seattle area.   Tomorrow afternoon looks decent as well.    And then apparently we are actually going to have a nice weekend.  Amazing.   

Even next week looks fairly decent now.... but that would obviously set the stage for a rainy Memorial Day weekend.   I assumed it would rain right through the end of the month anyways so any break is just a bonus.

  • Weenie 3

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Link to comment
Share on other sites

SEA has only picked up .11 from this system... and don't think there will be much more.     But it was enough to push the monthly total to 3.05 inches which is a top 10 wet May there with almost 2 weeks to go.     

There has only been 12 years in which SEA has reached 3 inches of rain in May... and 5 of those years have been since 2009!      Seems to be a trend towards May getting wetter when you look at the long term data.

  • Weenie 2

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Longtimer
10 minutes ago, TT-SEA said:

SEA has only picked up .11 from this system... and don't think there will be much more.     But it was enough to push the monthly total to 3.05 inches which is a top 10 wet May there with almost 2 weeks to go.     

There has only been 12 years in which SEA has reached 3 inches of rain in May... and 5 of those years have been since 2009!      Seems to be a trend towards May getting wetter when you look at the long term data.

May is typically a fairly dry month at Seattle. 3.05” getting you into the top 10, is weak sauce. 

Snowfall                                  Precip

2021-22: 52.6"                    2021-22: 82.13" 

2020-21: 12.0"                    2020-21: 71.59"

2019-20: 23.5"                   2019-20: 58.54"

2018-19: 63.5"                   2018-19: 66.33"

2017-18: 30.3"                   2017-18: 59.83"

2016-17: 49.2"                   2016-17: 97.58"

2015-16: 11.75"                 2015-16: 68.67"

2014-15: 3.5"
2013-14: 11.75"                  2013-14: 62.30
2012-13: 16.75"                 2012-13: 78.45  

2011-12: 98.5"                   2011-12: 92.67"

It's always sunny at Winters Hill! 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, SilverFallsAndrew said:

May is typically a fairly dry month at Seattle. 3.05” getting you into the top 10, is weak sauce. 

Climo is climo.   

SEA is at 278% of normal rain month-to-date and every day has been colder than normal with a -5.6 departure so far which is pretty impressive.  

In fact... as of tomorrow SEA has been below normal on 48 out of the last 50 days.    That is a Feb/Mar 2019 type run... this is actually a little more impressive now.

  • Sick 1

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Longtimer
Just now, Joshua Lake Oswego said:

Looks like the fun is over. Well, it was over as of this last weekend. Very dry for the foreseeable future. Today isn’t a bust because it has been clear for the last couple of days that it would underperform. 

We are probably looking at 90-120 dry days now with maybe 5-6 wet ones mixed in. 

 

6 minutes ago, TT-SEA said:

Climo is climo.   

SEA is at 278% of normal rain month-to-date and every day has been colder than normal with a -5.6 departure so far which is pretty impressive.  

In fact... as of tomorrow SEA has been below normal on 48 out of the last 50 days.    That is a Feb/Mar 2019 type run... this is actually a little more impressive now.

Just a fact. A top 10 wet May for Seattle would be below average here. But yet the whining continues. 

Snowfall                                  Precip

2021-22: 52.6"                    2021-22: 82.13" 

2020-21: 12.0"                    2020-21: 71.59"

2019-20: 23.5"                   2019-20: 58.54"

2018-19: 63.5"                   2018-19: 66.33"

2017-18: 30.3"                   2017-18: 59.83"

2016-17: 49.2"                   2016-17: 97.58"

2015-16: 11.75"                 2015-16: 68.67"

2014-15: 3.5"
2013-14: 11.75"                  2013-14: 62.30
2012-13: 16.75"                 2012-13: 78.45  

2011-12: 98.5"                   2011-12: 92.67"

It's always sunny at Winters Hill! 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Longtimer

This line of light mist has pushed us to 0.22” on the day and 8.50” On the month... which is nothing compared to the pain Seattle has experienced. Or so I am told. 

Snowfall                                  Precip

2021-22: 52.6"                    2021-22: 82.13" 

2020-21: 12.0"                    2020-21: 71.59"

2019-20: 23.5"                   2019-20: 58.54"

2018-19: 63.5"                   2018-19: 66.33"

2017-18: 30.3"                   2017-18: 59.83"

2016-17: 49.2"                   2016-17: 97.58"

2015-16: 11.75"                 2015-16: 68.67"

2014-15: 3.5"
2013-14: 11.75"                  2013-14: 62.30
2012-13: 16.75"                 2012-13: 78.45  

2011-12: 98.5"                   2011-12: 92.67"

It's always sunny at Winters Hill! 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, SilverFallsAndrew said:

Just a fact. A top 10 wet May for Seattle would be below average here. But yet the whining continues. 

You literally just did a total weenie whine right above this sentence in response to Joshua.   Nice work.   😀

At least my post was reporting on what has actually happened compared to normal.    You are whining about something that hasn't even happened yet!

Regardless... we have been far from climo the last couple of months.   And a climo spring is going to seem very nice when it happens again.   

 

  • Popcorn 1
  • Troll 1

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Longtimer
2 minutes ago, TT-SEA said:

You literally just did a total weenie whine right above this sentence in response to Joshua.   Nice work.   😀

At least my post was reporting on what has actually happened compared to normal.    You are whining about something that hasn't even happened yet!

Regardless... we have been far from climo the last couple of months.   And a climo spring is going to seem very nice when it happens again.   

 

Not really a whine. What i described is typical of the dry season. There is always a chance we get a little rain in June, but once it’s over it won’t be back until late September or October. 

  • Popcorn 1

Snowfall                                  Precip

2021-22: 52.6"                    2021-22: 82.13" 

2020-21: 12.0"                    2020-21: 71.59"

2019-20: 23.5"                   2019-20: 58.54"

2018-19: 63.5"                   2018-19: 66.33"

2017-18: 30.3"                   2017-18: 59.83"

2016-17: 49.2"                   2016-17: 97.58"

2015-16: 11.75"                 2015-16: 68.67"

2014-15: 3.5"
2013-14: 11.75"                  2013-14: 62.30
2012-13: 16.75"                 2012-13: 78.45  

2011-12: 98.5"                   2011-12: 92.67"

It's always sunny at Winters Hill! 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, SilverFallsAndrew said:

This line of light mist has pushed us to 0.22” on the day and 8.50” On the month... which is nothing compared to the pain Seattle has experienced. Or so I am told. 

😀

So stupid... it was a straight up factual post.   There was nothing about pain.    You just don't like the realization that this spring is not something that is likely to be repeated very often and bristle at posts that point out that its been pretty far from climo.   

  • Popcorn 1
  • Weenie 1

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, SilverFallsAndrew said:

Not really a whine. What i described is typical of the dry season. There is always a chance we get a little rain in June, but once it’s over it won’t be back until late September or October. 

It was a total weenie whiny post.     Way more whiny than reporting SEA stats.

  • Like 1
  • Popcorn 1
  • Weenie 1

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, TacomaWaWx said:

Good lord

Andrew is in full troll mode again.   😀

  • Troll 1
  • Weenie 3

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We’ve picked up 0.15” this morning…up to 3.18” for the month. Getting a little breezy. Interested to see how windy we get today. 

Tacoma WA elevation 300’

Monthly rainfall-3.56”

Warm season rainfall-11.14”

Max temp-88

+80 highs-2

+85 highs-2

+90 highs-0

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, TT-SEA said:

Andrew is in full troll mode again.   😀

Lol, I was more responding to Joshua. it was only a matter of time before we had more than one or two dry days at a time. Euro still shows some rain in the longer range so I wouldn’t really say that summer has started yet either. 

  • Like 1
  • Popcorn 1

Tacoma WA elevation 300’

Monthly rainfall-3.56”

Warm season rainfall-11.14”

Max temp-88

+80 highs-2

+85 highs-2

+90 highs-0

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, TacomaWaWx said:

Lol, I was more responding to Joshua. it was only a matter of time before we had more than one or two dry days at a time. Euro still shows some rain in the longer range so I wouldn’t really say that summer has started yet either. 

No doubt... even a long overdue break which should be totally expected at this point brings out the complaining.     Even May 1955 had a decent break.    It almost always happens even in the coldest and wettest years.    Obviously its very likely that we get significant rain in June and probably July this year.   And of course there will be plenty more rain later this month as well.     

  • Like 1
  • Popcorn 1
  • Weenie 1

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, TT-SEA said:

No doubt... even a long overdue break which should be totally expected at this point brings out the complaining.     Even May 1955 had a decent break.    It almost always happens even in the coldest and wettest years.    Obviously its very likely that we get significant rain in June and probably July this year.   And of course there will be plenty more rain later this month as well.     

We’ve still got an outside chance at 4” of rain this month here…we will see about June or July but the way it’s been recently I just don’t see us flipping into prolonged warm dry weather soon. 

  • Like 1

Tacoma WA elevation 300’

Monthly rainfall-3.56”

Warm season rainfall-11.14”

Max temp-88

+80 highs-2

+85 highs-2

+90 highs-0

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, TacomaWaWx said:

We’ve still got an outside chance at 4” of rain this month here…we will see about June or July but the way it’s been recently I just don’t see us flipping into prolonged warm dry weather soon. 

If I had to bet... I would guess our annual dry period runs from mid-July through September this year.   And its hard to imagine it being very warm even in that period.

  • Weenie 1

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, TT-SEA said:

If I had to bet... I would guess our annual dry period runs from mid-July through September this year.   And its hard to imagine it being very warm even in that period.

There will be some periods of nice weather for sure. I also agree with the backloaded summer idea. Even during the summer of 2019…we had plenty of 10-14 day dry streaks mixed in. We’re already getting to the time of year where it’s difficult to string together consistent rainfall. I’ve certainly enjoyed all the rain but won’t be upset with the possibility of maybe getting to 70 again or a few warm days (average) which is normal this time of year. 

  • Like 2

Tacoma WA elevation 300’

Monthly rainfall-3.56”

Warm season rainfall-11.14”

Max temp-88

+80 highs-2

+85 highs-2

+90 highs-0

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Wind is starting to crank a bit. Gusting to 37 at OLM and Tacoma narrows. 

  • Like 1

Tacoma WA elevation 300’

Monthly rainfall-3.56”

Warm season rainfall-11.14”

Max temp-88

+80 highs-2

+85 highs-2

+90 highs-0

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, TT-SEA said:

If I had to bet... I would guess our annual dry period runs from mid-July through September this year.   And its hard to imagine it being very warm even in that period.

I actually think August or September could end up warmer/drier than average. There’s a consistent signal for late summer/early autumn ridging in ENSO/low pass analogs.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/16/2022 at 4:24 PM, Kayla said:

First severe warned storm of the season about to hit here! Looks to be packing some big hail...😬

714636591_ScreenShot2022-05-16at5_23_03PM.png

 

 

Looks like we missed out on the fun!  We got on the freeway about 3:15-3:30.  Definitely lots of interesting clouds/storms on our drive.  We stopped in Three Forks to gas up and in that time, it went from "breezy" to high winds in a matter of minutes.

It mellowed out over the pass, then got really bad between Anaconda and the big bend where the freeway turns "left" to start going east/west again between Deer Lodge and Drummond.

Over dinner with the family at the ranch, they said this has been the windiest winter/spring that anyone can remember.

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Breezy and mostly dry up here this morning. Just had a gust to 35 mph which is probably about as high as we'll go. Looks like the windiest places have maxed out with gusts in the 50s including Bellingham (55 mph), Camano Island (53 mph), Lopez Island (52 mph), and Whidbey Island (51 mph).

Home Wx Station Stats (Since January 2008):

Max Temp: 96.3F (2009)   Min Temp: 2.0F (2008)   Max Wind Gust: 45 mph (2018, 2021)   Wettest Day: 2.24 (2010)   Avg Yearly Precip: 37"   10yr Avg Snow: 5.8"

Snowfall Totals

'08-09: 30" | '09-10: 0.5" | '10-11: 21" | '11-12: 9.5" | '12-13: 0.2" | '13-14: 6.2" | '14-15: 0.0" | '15-16: 0.25"| '16-17: 8.0" | '17-18: 0.9"| '18-19: 11.5" | '19-20: 11" | '20-21: 10.5"

2021-22: 21.75" (12/24: Tr, 12/25: 5", 12/26: 3", 12/27: 1.5", 12/28: Tr, 12/29: 1", 12/30: 3", 1/5: 2.5", 1/6: 1", 2/2: Tr, 2/21: 1.5", 2/22: 0.75", 2/23: 1.5", 2/24: 1")

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Longtimer

Wind! 
.09” on the day. 

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share


×
×
  • Create New...