Jump to content
The Weather Forums

May Winter Continue 2022 PNW


Recommended Posts

Looks fairly sunny and warm the next 4 days.   What an incredible blessing from the Almighty Lord in Heaven for the vegetation which needs some sun and warmth to thrive.    God is great!

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Excited 1
  • lol 2
  • Sun 3
  • Weenie 1

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Forecast for Everett looks okay.  Some clouds, not too hot, some rain.  This is alright. 

So far today is very cool, it says 57F outside on my temp gauge.  Overcast.

 

Screen Shot 2022-05-30 at 2.14.52 PM.png

  • Rain 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Longtimer
11 minutes ago, TT-SEA said:

Looks fairly sunny and warm the next 4 days.   What an incredible blessing from the Almighty Lord in Heaven for the vegetation which needs some sun and warmth to thrive.    God is great!

Looking forward to getting some fishing in with the kids this week. 

  • Like 2

Snowfall                                  Precip

2021-22: 52.6"                    2021-22: 82.13" 

2020-21: 12.0"                    2020-21: 71.59"

2019-20: 23.5"                   2019-20: 58.54"

2018-19: 63.5"                   2018-19: 66.33"

2017-18: 30.3"                   2017-18: 59.83"

2016-17: 49.2"                   2016-17: 97.58"

2015-16: 11.75"                 2015-16: 68.67"

2014-15: 3.5"
2013-14: 11.75"                  2013-14: 62.30
2012-13: 16.75"                 2012-13: 78.45  

2011-12: 98.5"                   2011-12: 92.67"

It's always sunny at Winters Hill! 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, SilverFallsAndrew said:

Looking forward to getting some fishing in with the kids this week. 

Praise Jesus!

  • Like 2
  • lol 1
  • Weenie 1

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3BA1AEF2-4450-4FC2-9456-5A078ED2F770.png

Y’all…. 🤷‍♂️

  • Like 2

Weather stats for MBY

Snowfall:

-Total snowfall since joining: 45.25"

-2018-19: 21"

-2019-20: 2.5"

-2020-21: 13"

-2021-22: 8.75"

-Most recent snowfall: 0.25”; February 24th, 2022

-Largest snowfall (single storm): 8.5"; February 12-13, 2021

-Largest snow depth: 14"; 1:30am February 12th, 2019

Temperatures:

-Warmest: 109F; June 28th, 2021

-Coldest: 13F; December 27th, 2021

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Meatyorologist said:

3BA1AEF2-4450-4FC2-9456-5A078ED2F770.png

Y’all…. 🤷‍♂️

Looks fun but that to me looks like a resolution issue that the GFS is seemingly always struggling with these days.

Cold Season 2021/22:

Total snowfall: 119.0"

Highest daily snowfall: 16"

Highest snow depth: 20"

Coldest high: -5ºF

Coldest low: -25ºF

Number of subzero days: 1

Personal Weather Station on Wunderground: 

https://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/dashboard?ID=KMTBOZEM152#history

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Kayla said:

Looks fun but that to me looks like a resolution issue that the GFS is seemingly always struggling with these days.

Most models tend to roid up foothill sfc DP’s around here so I suspect it’s that.

  • Like 1

Weather stats for MBY

Snowfall:

-Total snowfall since joining: 45.25"

-2018-19: 21"

-2019-20: 2.5"

-2020-21: 13"

-2021-22: 8.75"

-Most recent snowfall: 0.25”; February 24th, 2022

-Largest snowfall (single storm): 8.5"; February 12-13, 2021

-Largest snow depth: 14"; 1:30am February 12th, 2019

Temperatures:

-Warmest: 109F; June 28th, 2021

-Coldest: 13F; December 27th, 2021

Link to comment
Share on other sites

61 here nice day! Nice to enjoy some good weather the next few days then get some more rain soon. Have really enjoyed the mix of weather recently. 

Tacoma WA elevation 300’

Monthly rainfall-3.56”

Warm season rainfall-11.14”

Max temp-88

+80 highs-2

+85 highs-2

+90 highs-0

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Precipitation anomalies through July 11th on the EPS weeklies.

This doesn’t even account for the dry bias this model has displayed across NW North America in the long range.

Awful look for the south-central states.

85A8436B-43EC-4207-82DA-C3B9AD7F917E.png

  • Like 3
  • Popcorn 1
  • Rain 1
  • Windy 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Phil said:

Precipitation anomalies through July 11th on the EPS weeklies.

This doesn’t even account for the dry bias this model has displayed across NW North America in the long range.

Awful look for the south-central states.

85A8436B-43EC-4207-82DA-C3B9AD7F917E.png

Must mean no hurricanes for Texas coast this year. 

  • Confused 1
  • Sun 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

00C63130-3644-4333-9147-34C998EF30C7.jpeg

24A8D597-8719-4827-A059-11E678C42674.jpeg

658AC0F9-6049-4BB1-AB99-7837B427E6D7.jpeg

More pics on the way home. Sun has opened up and it’s a tad humid, temps in the 70s. Lovely day.

Looking forward to cooler weather back home ;)

  • Like 9

Weather stats for MBY

Snowfall:

-Total snowfall since joining: 45.25"

-2018-19: 21"

-2019-20: 2.5"

-2020-21: 13"

-2021-22: 8.75"

-Most recent snowfall: 0.25”; February 24th, 2022

-Largest snowfall (single storm): 8.5"; February 12-13, 2021

-Largest snow depth: 14"; 1:30am February 12th, 2019

Temperatures:

-Warmest: 109F; June 28th, 2021

-Coldest: 13F; December 27th, 2021

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Longtimer

Beautiful evening

  • Like 2

Snowfall                                  Precip

2021-22: 52.6"                    2021-22: 82.13" 

2020-21: 12.0"                    2020-21: 71.59"

2019-20: 23.5"                   2019-20: 58.54"

2018-19: 63.5"                   2018-19: 66.33"

2017-18: 30.3"                   2017-18: 59.83"

2016-17: 49.2"                   2016-17: 97.58"

2015-16: 11.75"                 2015-16: 68.67"

2014-15: 3.5"
2013-14: 11.75"                  2013-14: 62.30
2012-13: 16.75"                 2012-13: 78.45  

2011-12: 98.5"                   2011-12: 92.67"

It's always sunny at Winters Hill! 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Rubus Leucodermis said:

Phil is on track to score his first 70+ low before I get my first 70+ high.

But we’ve already had multiple 70+ lows. 😂😭

  • Like 2
  • scream 1
  • Sick 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, SilverFallsAndrew said:

Were those months wetter than normal in 2019?

Yes.

  • Popcorn 1

Springfield, Oregon cold season 21-22 Stats:

  • Coldest high: 35F (Dec 27, 2021)
  • Coldest low: 17F (Feb 23, 2022)
  • Days with below freezing temps: 36 (Most recent: Apr 17, 2022)
  • Days with sub-40F highs: 5 (Most recent: Jan 17, 2022)
  • Total snowfall: 10.0"
  • Last accumulating snowfall: December 28, 2021
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 14, 2017 (31F) *Longest streak without a sub-freezing high on record*
  • Last White Christmas: 1990
  • Significant wind events (gusts 45+): 0

Personal Stats:

  • Last accumulating snowfall: December 28, 2021
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 14, 2017 (31)
  • Last White Christmas: 2008
  • Total snowfall since joining TheWeatherForums: 30.7"

 

Venmo

GoFundMe "College Basketball vs Epilepsy": gf.me/u/zk3pj2

My Twitter @358jerseys4hope

24

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, RentonHillTC said:

C7707FD4-3BC2-4A60-BD58-2BE17C1CCDCF.thumb.jpeg.c0266fd4db7ca04e51152f02a3128186.jpegOnly decent pic I took this weekend. North cascades have mucho snowo 

Went to Whistler peak on Sunday, it was snowing moderately and there was a lot of snow on the ground. Also that photo is amazing!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, Cascadia_Wx said:

Took a nice hike up Cook Hill in the central Gorge today. It is the peak directly east of Dog Mountain and much less popular than that hike. The weather was just about perfect with mostly cloudy skies, some sunbreaks, and a cool breeze. The wildflowers were looking great.

98865F83-D5C1-4C26-8168-4BBEEC40D10E.jpeg

D9FF76F8-ADDA-42A2-9B3F-7BF065674C9C.jpeg

1FDE3FA0-2908-420E-A9E3-74C655AA3407.jpeg

75433CBB-322B-4F1B-9748-0918E01F054F.jpeg

B88140FF-4DFE-4972-99B6-BBC65839840E.jpeg

 

 

Looks like peak balsamroot there?

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Longtimer

Nice day. 57/41

0A8BF39A-A150-49DC-9BBC-F0F3EAF54FB9.jpeg

  • Like 3

Snowfall                                  Precip

2021-22: 52.6"                    2021-22: 82.13" 

2020-21: 12.0"                    2020-21: 71.59"

2019-20: 23.5"                   2019-20: 58.54"

2018-19: 63.5"                   2018-19: 66.33"

2017-18: 30.3"                   2017-18: 59.83"

2016-17: 49.2"                   2016-17: 97.58"

2015-16: 11.75"                 2015-16: 68.67"

2014-15: 3.5"
2013-14: 11.75"                  2013-14: 62.30
2012-13: 16.75"                 2012-13: 78.45  

2011-12: 98.5"                   2011-12: 92.67"

It's always sunny at Winters Hill! 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, RentonHillTC said:

C7707FD4-3BC2-4A60-BD58-2BE17C1CCDCF.thumb.jpeg.c0266fd4db7ca04e51152f02a3128186.jpegOnly decent pic I took this weekend. North cascades have mucho snowo 

Nice. I popped over to Leavenworth and grabbed this. Snow gonna hang on into June at this rate. Stevens and Snoqualmie had a bunch still on the ground as well...just didn't take any pics 

20220530_155710.jpg

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Longtimer
Just now, smerfylicious said:

Nice. I popped over to Leavenworth and grabbed this. Snow gonna hang on into June at this rate. Stevens and Snoqualmie had a bunch still on the ground as well...just didn't take any pics 

20220530_155710.jpg

Yikes, that is one very sick ponderosa.

Summer ☀️ grows while Winter ❄️  goes

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, smerfylicious said:

Randy could use a trip out there

Trees get sick and die just like all living things.    Some people on here seem to assume every tree should live perfectly healthy and forever.  But look around at people as they age... it obviously doesn't work that way.  🤨

  • Sad 1
  • Weenie 1

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, TT-SEA said:

Trees get sick and die just like all living things.    Some people on here seem to assume every tree should live perfectly healthy and forever.  But look around at people as they age... it obviously doesn't work that way.  🤨

Of course people who live stressful/impoverished lives tend to die younger and suffer from more diseases.

Same goes for trees under incessant death ridging.

  • Thanks 1
  • lol 1
  • Snow 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Phil said:

Of course people who live stressful/impoverished lives tend to die younger and suffer from more diseases.

Same goes for trees under incessant death ridging.

LOL.   Oh Phil.   

 

  • Popcorn 1

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Longtimer
16 minutes ago, TT-SEA said:

Trees get sick and die just like all living things.    Some people on here seem to assume every tree should live perfectly healthy and forever.  But look around at people as they age... it obviously doesn't work that way.  🤨

It rained today and my grandpa died. 

  • Sad 11
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Longtimer
4 minutes ago, FroYoBro said:

It rained today and my grandpa died. 

Sorry to hear that.

Both my grandpas died in January.  The first in 2008 and the other in 2012. -PDO is not good for grandparents.

  • Troll 1

My preferences can beat up your preferences’ dad.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Deweydog said:

Sorry to hear that.

Both my grandpas died in January.  The first in 2008 and the other in 2012. -PDO is not good for grandparents.

Lost my grandfather in 2012 as well. His funeral was on the day of that derecho.

He had a big time sense of humor and knew I loved storms, so maybe that was his way of saying goodbye. 🥲

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Skies are actually pretty clear over me haven’t seen any meteors yet. Is there a specific direction to look? Haven’t found any information online

Tacoma WA elevation 300’

Monthly rainfall-3.56”

Warm season rainfall-11.14”

Max temp-88

+80 highs-2

+85 highs-2

+90 highs-0

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Longtimer
1 minute ago, Phil said:

Lost my grandfather in 2012 as well. His funeral was on the day of that derecho.

He had a big time sense of humor and knew I loved storms, so maybe that was his way of saying goodbye. 🥲

I got the weenie gene from my grandpa on my mom’s side, without a doubt. He had a little weather station at their house on Willapa Bay and I supposedly became pretty fixated on it pretty young. When I was in the sixth grade he used a contact he had at the Astoria NWS office to get me a tour. Seeing their little broadcast booth for the NOAA radio was like seeing the face of God. 

  • Like 7

My preferences can beat up your preferences’ dad.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, TacomaWaWx said:

Skies are actually pretty clear over me haven’t seen any meteors yet. Is there a specific direction to look? Haven’t found any information online

A few degrees NW of the star Arcturus is where they appear to radiate from.

With the astronomical twilight up there it might be more difficult to see them, (based on what I’ve read about meteor showers, at least).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

A chilly 57/46 here today.  Quite an impressively cold May to say the least.  It looks like SEA will come out right around -5 for the month.

  • scream 1

Death To Warm Anomalies!

 

Winter 2021-22 stats

 

Total Snowfall = 14.1"

Day with 1" or more snow depth = 12

Total Hail = T

Coldest Low = 15

Lows 32 or below = 53

Highs 32 or below = 5

Lows 20 or below = 4

Highs 40 or below = 23

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Phil said:

A few degrees NW of the star Arcturus is where they appear to radiate from.

With the astronomical twilight up there it might be more difficult to see them, (based on what I’ve read about meteor showers, at least).

Yeah there hasn’t been anything I could see and there is some clearing mainly to the north. Oh well I was walking home from a friends house had kinda forgotten all about it until I saw some clearing skies. 

  • Sad 1

Tacoma WA elevation 300’

Monthly rainfall-3.56”

Warm season rainfall-11.14”

Max temp-88

+80 highs-2

+85 highs-2

+90 highs-0

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, snow_wizard said:

A chilly 57/46 here today.  Quite an impressively cold May to say the least.  It looks like SEA will come out right around -5 for the month.

-3.5 MTD here. Following a -2.8 last month. 

Tacoma WA elevation 300’

Monthly rainfall-3.56”

Warm season rainfall-11.14”

Max temp-88

+80 highs-2

+85 highs-2

+90 highs-0

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share


×
×
  • Create New...