1...2...3...4...I declare a prefence war!

22 minutes ago, MossMan said:

I would like to go boating at some point and not freeze. That is my preference. 

Got a new boat yesterday... might get to use it in July!  

• Like 1
  • Sick 1

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

42 minutes ago, MossMan said:

I would like to go boating at some point and not freeze. That is my preference. 

You can’t possibly freeze unless the temp is below 32°F.

• lol 1
  • Snow 1
  • scream 1

33 minutes ago, Phil said:

You can’t possibly freeze unless the temp is below 32°F.

Does the human body turn into ice at 32F?

• scream 1
  • Downvote 1

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

• Phil pinned this topic
3 hours ago, TT-SEA said:

Got a new boat yesterday... might get to use it in July!  

Yay!! What did you get? 

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth! 

6 minutes ago, MossMan said:

Yay!! What did you get? 

Calabria ProV2

Took it for a test drive last night on Lake Sammamish.  

20220523_200241.jpg

• Like 4
  • Sick 1

1 hour ago, TT-SEA said:

Calabria ProV2

Took it for a test drive last night on Lake Sammamish.  

20220523_200241.jpg

Oh gawd…I’m drooling…

Those are super nice boats! 

• Like 3

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth! 

4 hours ago, Deweydog said:

What’s everybody’s favorite food?

Movie?

Deep-seeded hatred over differences of opinion can go well beyond the atmospheric variety. 

My favorite food is a tough decision between butter chicken and red curry. Favorite movie is Mary Poppins. 

Most differences of opinion that cause hatred are of the political variety.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, MossMan said:

Oh gawd…I’m drooling…

can we just get to the fuckking arguing already??!

• Excited 1
  • lol 1

Weather stats for MBY

Snowfall:

-Total snowfall since joining: 50.25"

-2018-19: 21"

-2019-20: 2.5"

-2020-21: 13"

-2021-22: 8.75"

-2022-23: 5.75"

-2023-24*: 0.25"

-Most recent snowfall: 0.25”; January 17th, 2024

-Largest snowfall (single storm): 8.5"; February 12-13, 2021

-Largest snow depth: 14"; 1:30am February 12th, 2019

Temperatures:

-Warmest: 109F; June 28th, 2021

-Coldest: 13F; December 27th, 2021

-Phreeze Count 2023-24: 31

11 hours ago, Deweydog said:

What’s everybody’s favorite food?

Movie?

Deep-seeded hatred over differences of opinion can go well beyond the atmospheric variety. 

• Like 2

Weather stats for MBY

Snowfall:

-Total snowfall since joining: 50.25"

-2018-19: 21"

-2019-20: 2.5"

-2020-21: 13"

-2021-22: 8.75"

-2022-23: 5.75"

-2023-24*: 0.25"

-Most recent snowfall: 0.25”; January 17th, 2024

-Largest snowfall (single storm): 8.5"; February 12-13, 2021

-Largest snow depth: 14"; 1:30am February 12th, 2019

Temperatures:

-Warmest: 109F; June 28th, 2021

-Coldest: 13F; December 27th, 2021

-Phreeze Count 2023-24: 31

On 5/24/2022 at 6:51 PM, MossMan said:

Oh gawd…I’m drooling…

My son wake surfing this evening on Lake Sammamish.   I was not out there... but they wanted to try it out.   He is not even tethered to the boat.  Just riding the wave endlessly across lake.   😀

• Like 2
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, TT-SEA said:

My son wake surfing this evening on Lake Sammamish.   I was not out there... but they wanted to try it out.   He is not even tethered to the boat... just riding the wave endlessly across lake.   😀

Awesome!! 

• Like 1

I like when it's dry, cold, and windy. My personal favorite type of ambient weather.

• Like 1

"Let's mosey!"

--Cloud Strife

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Top 5 Snow Events (post 2014):

(1. January 10th, 2017: 18.5 in.

(2. February 6th, 2014: 7.5 inches

(3. February 20th, 2018: 5.0 inches

(4. February 21st, 2018: 4.0 inches

(5. December 14th, 2016: 3.5 inches

Honourable Mentions: December 7th, 2018, February 9th, 2019.

Total since joining the Weather Forums: 3"

17 minutes ago, Joshua Lake Oswego said:

Gloomy and wet.

Well that sounds happy... you must be the life of the party!  It should always be dark and gloomy.   😀

• Thanks 1
  • lol 1
  • Downvote 1
  • Weenie 1

29 minutes ago, Mr Marine Layer said:

Some people are sensitive to sunlight

Even if I was sensitive to sunlight... sunny days would still make me happy because it makes other people happy.    I could protect myself from the sun.   

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Weenie 1

7 minutes ago, TT-SEA said:

Even if I was sensitive to sunlight... sunny days would still make me happy because it makes other people happy.    I could protect myself from the sun.   

Too much sunlight causes skin cancer.

Too many raindrops..reduces wrinkles?

• Like 2
  • lol 1
  • Troll 2

15 minutes ago, Cascadia_Wx said:

I mean obviously people who are capable of appreciating rainy or cloudy weather in any way hate all sunshine by default. Best to start with that basic assumption and go from there. 

Some rainy and cloudy weather is necessary to make things green and prevent drought, but some people root for rainy weather on a holiday weekend that unoffically marks the beginning of summer after weeks of unusually rainy and cold weather. 

• Weenie 1

11 minutes ago, Cascadia_Wx said:

I mean obviously people who are capable of appreciating rainy or cloudy weather in any way hate all sunshine by default. Best to start with that basic assumption and go from there. 

Don't be goofy and paranoid.    He has said he wants it gloomy and dark all the time.    That is an extraordinarily rare preference.  And probably not healthy... just a guess.   If you didn't reflexively always say the complete opposite of what I say then you would agree.  But you can't agree with me ever so that puts you in a bind because much of what I say is reasonable.  

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1
  • Weenie 1

13 minutes ago, Mr Marine Layer said:

Some rainy and cloudy weather is necessary to make things green and prevent drought, but some people root for rainy weather on a holiday weekend that unoffically marks the beginning of summer after weeks of unusually rainy and cold weather. 

Other people root for year round heatwaves and a complete absence of marine layer clouds even though their state has experienced nearly a decade of record heat, drought, and wildfires. Preferences are weird. 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

• Like 1
  • lol 3

Summer ☀️ grows while Winter ❄️  goes

6 minutes ago, Cascadia_Wx said:

Other people root for year round heatwaves and a complete absence of marine layer clouds even though their state has experienced nearly a decade of record heat, drought, and wildfires. Preferences are weird. 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

Yes Jesse.   That is totally accurate.   👌 

Cheering for warm and sunny weather when it's often cloudy and raining means we wish it was 100 degrees every day and it never rains and everything dies.   Clouds and rain are the default up here.   We don't need to cheer it on... we cheer for the underdog.     And western WA has not had drought for a decade!   Good Lord.

• Confused 1
  • Downvote 1

Almost 60 days straight with rain has lessened my ability to appreciate rain at this time.    As I am sure 60 days of sun would lessen some people's ability to appreciate the sun.    Seems pretty reasonable.   There are many people who are not cheering for rain right now.    

• Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1