1...2...3...4...I declare a prefence war!

2 minutes ago, hawkstwelve said:

14 years... I'm well aware of both yours and Tim's history. He is certainly not a saint, nor are you.

Also, I never stated you'd get banned for dropping weenies all over and, to clarify, that is not what you were banned for back in September (or any of the other times you've been banned). I simply said that for someone who seems to desperately want to turn over a new leaf with no history attached, you sure seem to be repeating some past historically annoying behavior. 

"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

I’m not going to self edit something as silly as weenie reacts to prove to people here that I’ve changed. I think if I drop the attacking posts it should hopefully speak for itself. But I’m never going to lose my sense of humor.

• Like 3

Summer ☀️ grows while Winter ❄️  goes

Just now, Cascadia_Wx said:

I’m not going to self edit something as silly as weenie reacts to prove to people here that I’ve changed. I think if I drop the attacking posts it should hopefully speak for itself. But I’m never going to lose my sense of humor.

It is rather amusing that you have to let me know that you see every post I make... ignoring me would be more appropriate if you wanted to make a statement.

• Weenie 1

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

1 minute ago, Cascadia_Wx said:

Which one of my many personalities do you think would go with just ketchup and plain mustard on a hot dog? The real Jesse would probably do hot mustard and sour kraut.

Oh boy... the real Tim would pick the same condiments.   No joke.

• Excited 1
  • scream 1

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

6 minutes ago, Cascadia_Wx said:

Which one of my many personalities do you think would go with just ketchup and plain mustard on a hot dog? The real Jesse would probably do hot mustard and sour kraut.

Cascadia seemed like a bit of a simpleton with the almost complete lack of punctuation. I think even yellow mustard would be a stretch for him.

• lol 1
  • Weenie 1

My preferences can beat up your preferences’ dad.

2 minutes ago, Deweydog said:

Cascadia seemed like a bit of a simpleton with the almost complete lack of punctuation. I think even yellow mustard would be a stretch for him.

Yeah, I figured decent grammar would be a pretty big giveaway. No one suspected me for about five months, even had you fooled! It was a nice break from the drama.

9 minutes ago, Rubus Leucodermis said:

“Meadowsweet” does not look anything like “Morningwood.” Just goes to show what’s currently on your mind. 😋

Well… this whole thing DID start over a fixation with wieners…

• Excited 1
  • lol 1

5 minutes ago, Cascadia_Wx said:

Yeah, I figured decent grammar would be a pretty big giveaway. No one suspected me for about five months, even had you fooled! It was a nice break from the drama.

Actually I was pretty convinced back in January, then in February you flew off the handle about warm readings at Dallesport and I was 111% convinced. Then when the Fred meltdown took place, one of the admins said they confirmed it wasn’t you, ironically I think it was Hawkstwelve. I seriously questioned my weenie instincts.

• Weenie 1

1 minute ago, Deweydog said:

Actually I was pretty convinced back in January, then in February you flew off the handle about warm readings at Dallesport and I was 111% convinced. Then when the Fred meltdown took place, one of the admins said they confirmed it wasn’t you, ironically I think it was Hawkstwelve. I seriously questioned my weenie instincts.

You’re reminding me of kind of an interesting tidbit about weather in the Columbia basin this late winter/spring. Earliest 70 on record at DLS (assuming it was accurate) and the latest on record at GEG. Pretty unusual to have both happen in the same year I’d imagine.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, TT-SEA said:

I do feel that I owe an apology to Jesse and DareDuck... I was totally speculating and I was wrong.    

Appreciate it. I just clicked “like” on a post by Tim, I may just implode!

• lol 2

Bend, OR

Elevation: 3550'

Snow History:

Nov: 1"

Dec: .5"

Jan: 1.9"

Feb: 12.7"

Mar: 1.0"

Total: 17.1"

2016/2017: 70"

2015/2016: 34"

Average: ~25"

2017/2018 Winter Temps

Lowest Min: 1F on 2/23

Lowest Max: 23F on 12/24, 2/22

Lows <32: 87

Highs <32: 13

1 hour ago, Cascadia_Wx said:

FWIW the bad grammar is what gave it away for me early on. Hard to fake that..your intelligence was still evident beneath the facade.

You pulled it off better than DaBears, though. 😂

• Thanks 1

As for me, I like to have all four seasons, so similar to what I had in Salt Lake. The only thing I would change would be for a wetter summer as well with an annual average of at least 30" of liquid. 

• Like 3

Winter 23-24: Total Snow (3.2")    Total Ice (0.2")     Coldest Low: 1F     Coldest High: 5F

Snow Events: 0.1" Jan 5th, 0.2" Jan 9th, 1.6" Jan 14, 0.2" (ice) Jan 22, 1.3" Feb 12

45 minutes ago, Cascadia_Wx said:

You’re reminding me of kind of an interesting tidbit about weather in the Columbia basin this late winter/spring. Earliest 70 on record at DLS (assuming it was accurate) and the latest on record at GEG. Pretty unusual to have both happen in the same year I’d imagine.

Dynamic!

Or not dynamic, depending on how you look at it.

• Excited 1

2 hours ago, TT-SEA said:

I do feel that I owe an apology to Jesse and DareDuck... I was totally speculating and I was wrong.    

Actually, it was me who originally suggested it. I'm sorry.

Both of them don't like me posting in the PNW Thread, however. They are similar people, with similar preferences and pet peeves. 

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

1 hour ago, Cascadia_Wx said:

That's a really interesting fact.

• Like 1
  • lol 1

7 hours ago, Deweydog said:

We’ll be in Bend a month from now!

Jesse??!

• scream 1

Weather stats for MBY

Snowfall:

-Total snowfall since joining: 50.25"

-2018-19: 21"

-2019-20: 2.5"

-2020-21: 13"

-2021-22: 8.75"

-2022-23: 5.75"

-2023-24*: 0.25"

-Most recent snowfall: 0.25”; January 17th, 2024

-Largest snowfall (single storm): 8.5"; February 12-13, 2021

-Largest snow depth: 14"; 1:30am February 12th, 2019

Temperatures:

-Warmest: 109F; June 28th, 2021

-Coldest: 13F; December 27th, 2021

-Phreeze Count 2023-24: 31

7 hours ago, Cascadia_Wx said:

Mmmmm nah I can’t remember when I realized it was you…it was atleast a few weeks before the “multiple mods” thing happened though. At first I didn’t notice but then it started making sense. 
 I can’t remember when it happened but froyobro one day said “shhhh Jesse they’ll find you” when you made some very subtle joke. im surprised no one caught on then! 

• Like 1

Tacoma WA elevation 300’

Monthly rainfall-3.56”

Warm season rainfall-11.14”

Max temp-88

+80 highs-2

+85 highs-2

+90 highs-0

No kidding here... we saw a family of 3 people launching their boat at Lake Sammamish this afternoon and taking off while wearing those blue surgical masks they hand out all over the place.   Out in the open air with the wind blowing in their faces and wearing masks.  

• Sick 1

1 hour ago, TT-SEA said:

No kidding here... we saw a family of 3 people launching their boat at Lake Sammamish this afternoon and taking off while wearing those blue surgical masks they hand out all over the place.   Out in the open air with the wind blowing in their faces and wearing masks.  

221E3B1C-2D6E-44F5-AF63-0DC946E4DED7.jpeg

• lol 4

Tacoma WA elevation 300’

Monthly rainfall-3.56”

Warm season rainfall-11.14”

Max temp-88

+80 highs-2

+85 highs-2

+90 highs-0

13 hours ago, TT-SEA said:

Even very early on in the pandemic, it was quite clear that being outside in the open air was one of the safest places to be (assuming you’re not in a huge, densely-packed crowd). I am someone who was very careful about COVID, thought the emergency measures were a good idea, etc… and I virtually always was unmasked when outdoors.

Frankly, what that family was doing sounds like tribal virtue signaling. Unlike COVID denial and refusing to mask up in the earlier phases, harmless to others, but still tribal behaviour and virtue signaling. (And I say this as someone who is probably the furthest left politically of any of the regulars or semi-regulars here.)

• Like 4
It's called clown range for a reason.

I don't actually check to see the details... but no one reads and reacts to my posts like Jesse.    He is very dedicated.   I appreciate the effort and constant acknowledgment.  😃

cas1.png

• Excited 1
  • Weenie 1

3 minutes ago, TT-SEA said:

But I did not tell you how I felt.   In fact... I could make an argument that the lack of solid marine layer days in some ways makes this preferable to me.    Definitely with a pattern like this week and next week.    Its warm and there are consistent sunny periods and the garden is thriving.    

Still... it is becoming very strange statistically to not have 4-7 day dry stretch.    Even 1955 managed a bunch of those in April-June.    There was almost no rain here from 6/5-6/22 in 1955.   Can you imagine that?   😃

You have mentioned multiple times this spring that you have had it with the wet weather. You wouldn't even be spamming these stats if you simply 'did not care'.

• Like 3

Weather stats for MBY

Snowfall:

-Total snowfall since joining: 50.25"

-2018-19: 21"

-2019-20: 2.5"

-2020-21: 13"

-2021-22: 8.75"

-2022-23: 5.75"

-2023-24*: 0.25"

-Most recent snowfall: 0.25”; January 17th, 2024

-Largest snowfall (single storm): 8.5"; February 12-13, 2021

-Largest snow depth: 14"; 1:30am February 12th, 2019

Temperatures:

-Warmest: 109F; June 28th, 2021

-Coldest: 13F; December 27th, 2021

-Phreeze Count 2023-24: 31

10 minutes ago, Meatyorologist said:

You have mentioned multiple times this spring that you have had it with the wet weather. You wouldn't even be spamming these stats if you simply 'did not care'.

Other people have said those things... many times.  Not me.  Show me where I said I have had it and can't take it any more.  

Not sure if you remember... but back in July and August of 2017 and 2018 I spent lots of time talking about the dry statistics and wishing for rain.    Same in September 2020.     And I was constantly mentioning the lack of rain back in March 2019... we couldn't buy a raindrop and it was the driest March on record.    Extremes happen both ways and I will point them out.  

• lol 1

20 minutes ago, Rubus Leucodermis said:

I am not posting this observation about your most recent post.

I don't check to see what posts he reacts to or what the specific reaction was... that is very true.   I click the bell to clear them and had to laugh when that popped up.   I do know he is busy reading and acknowledging my posts.  👍

• Weenie 1

46 minutes ago, Mr Marine Layer said:

Screenshot_20220603-140514_DuckDuckGo.jpg

The thing I liked least about that January is that it was a SW flow torchfest with consistently high snow levels. I don't really care that much about lowland rain when the days are 9 hours long. But it's much nicer when it's cold and the ski resorts are getting snow.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Omegaraptor said:

I feel like Tim could move to Tri-Cities or Redding and he would still be constantly pulling up rainfall and climo statistics every day to argue he is due for hot and dry weather.

Note that the two are quite different in terms of rainfall. The Tri-Cities average under 7"/year. Redding averages over 30"/year. I am sure Tim would spend the winter griping about rain if he lived in Redding.

It's called clown range for a reason.