1...2...3...4...I declare a prefence war!

You just gotta take what the weather gives you. Sure I wasn’t a fan of the last few dry springs…but I still went out and enjoyed the nice weather. Nothing we can do about it…there’s still been some good windows of weather the last few weeks too. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Excited 1

Tacoma WA elevation 300’

Monthly rainfall-3.56”

Warm season rainfall-11.14”

Max temp-88

+80 highs-2

+85 highs-2

+90 highs-0

Just now, Meatyorologist said:

idk maybe i'm just reading the room wrong, but I've found that summer weather fans are generally far more intolerant of cooler weather and rain than winter fans are of a week of nicer weather.

plus the reactions are skewed when in the context of climate change. a week straight of 80°F+ weather in 1919 would have been considered a blessing, while that weather today is seen as yet another regression towards the new mean.

Noone in 1919 was spoiled with the ability to have boats to go play some water sports like those privileged these days, thats the difference.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, MossMan said:

I expect it, dealt with it most years growing up…doesn’t mean I like to be a Raccoon vampire like Chris! A compromise between last year and this year would be great! This year has been downright depressing. Not many people (even the natives) like to garden, or boat, or do dog training, or other activities in 48 degree rain week after week after dealing with it since September. And before you tell me to move…Don’t forget how much you complain about your climate and yet stay…

Haha, that’s precisely why I didn’t tell you to move.

Don’t worry I’m going to be complaining a lot this summer. 😜

• Excited 2

"Just move lol" is a terrible argument regardless

• Excited 1

Weather stats for MBY

Snowfall:

-Total snowfall since joining: 50.25"

-2018-19: 21"

-2019-20: 2.5"

-2020-21: 13"

-2021-22: 8.75"

-2022-23: 5.75"

-2023-24*: 0.25"

-Most recent snowfall: 0.25”; January 17th, 2024

-Largest snowfall (single storm): 8.5"; February 12-13, 2021

-Largest snow depth: 14"; 1:30am February 12th, 2019

Temperatures:

-Warmest: 109F; June 28th, 2021

-Coldest: 13F; December 27th, 2021

-Phreeze Count 2023-24: 31

5 minutes ago, BLI snowman said:

Phil and Randy should house swap!

I prefer dry heat, spent a week in Minnesota in July many years ago and nearly died…And the humidity probably wasn’t as bad as Phil’s location! The Thunderstorms were amazing though! 

• Sad 1

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth! 

29 minutes ago, Deweydog said:

I prefer snowy pictures.

The sun was out that day so it was god awful. 

99578FCC-72E0-44BD-9B43-9E83438305B0.jpeg

• Like 1

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth! 

10 minutes ago, MossMan said:

I prefer dry heat, spent a week in Minnesota in July many years ago and nearly died…And the humidity probably wasn’t as bad as Phil’s location! The Thunderstorms were amazing though! 

Hard to have worse than 101% humidity with 96F temps.

• Excited 1
  • lol 1

13 minutes ago, MossMan said:

Normal Minnesota summer weather seems very nice but I hear the heat waves in the Midwest can be brutal in terms of heat index. Appleton, WI in the summer of 1995 had a 101F day with a dew point of 90, leading to a heat index of 142. That's normally a pretty comfortable summer climate too!

• Like 1
  • scream 2

41 minutes ago, GHweatherChris said:

Noone in 1919 was spoiled with the ability to have boats to go play some water sports like those privileged these days, thats the difference.

This boat argument is so dumb.   We always find nice days.   We have been on the water 3 times already.   We never go more than once a week even if it's warm all the time and we just pick a day.    And it's only going to get better from here.   

I think you like to pretend clouds and rain almost every day doesn't get you down.   Stiff upper lip.   It does for me and I can't change that.  I don't need much but I need more than this warm season has provided.  It's OK though.   It gets most people down.  

• Like 1

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

2 minutes ago, TT-SEA said:

This boat argument is so dumb.   We always find nice days.   We have been on the water 3 times already.   We never go more than once a week even if it's warm all the time and we just pick a day.    And it's only going to get better from here.   

I think you like to pretend clouds and rain almost every day doesn't get you down.   Stiff upper lip.   It does for me and I can't change that.  I don't need much but I need more than this warm season has provided.  It's OK though.   It gets most people down.  

Dumb but true, and you know I don't pretend.  I have been golfing multiple times the last few months and it is still fun even when an umbrella was needed, all about perspective and acceptance, no one needs to incessantly post multiple times almost every day the amount of days with rain versus normal stats, that is just not needed over and over and over again, nobody has asked for that specific information day after day, no reason to cram it down our eyes all the time.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, GHweatherChris said:

Dumb but true, and you know I don't pretend.  I have been golfing multiple times the last few months and it is still fun even when an umbrella was needed, all about perspective and acceptance, no one needs to incessantly post multiple times almost every day the amount of days with rain versus normal stats, that is just not needed over and over and over again, nobody has asked for that specific information day after day, no reason to cram it down our eyes all the time.

I talk about the weather that is happening on here every day.  Regardless of whether its nice or not nice. Take it up with nature.... some more variety would be nice.    And I swear you could have your fingernails torn off and pretend you like it.   😀

• Weenie 2

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

4 minutes ago, TT-SEA said:

I talk about weather on here every day.  Regardless of whether its nice or not nice. Take it up with nature.... some more variety would be nice.    And I swear you could have your fingernails torn off and pretend you like it.   😀

Why are you so angry?  I have no issue with nature, it is something that is out of my control, so much easier to live that way.  I would draw the line at ripped off fingernails though, that doesn't sound enjoyable, must be how you and a few others feel though with the weather pattern of late, sorry, hope you feel better soon. ✌️

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GHweatherChris said:

Why are you so angry?  I have no issue with nature, it is something that is out of my control, so much easier to live that way.  I would draw the line at ripped off fingernails though, that doesn't sound enjoyable, must be how you and a few others feel though with the weather pattern of late, sorry, hope you feel better soon. ✌️

Not angry at all... in any way.    I feel quite blessed.   The weather is totally out of our control... and could be so much worse.  

• lol 2
  • Storm 1

4 minutes ago, GHweatherChris said:

Ya ok. mmm hmm, sure, ya right, not true, alot of us know the truth.

Why are you so angry Chris? 

Are you telling me that I don't feel blessed?    Interesting.  Or that I am wrong about the weather being out of our control? 🤔

• Weenie 2

Just now, Cascadia_Wx said:

He might need to hire two of you if Chris starts posting again regularly.

Matt complex.  

• Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Cascadia_Wx said:

He might need to hire two of you if Chris starts posting again regularly.

I half expected you to try and contact me about your perma-ban. Perhaps a strongly worded letter to Fred on letterhead. I woulda done it for a modest Chick-fil-A gift card.

• Like 1

My preferences can beat up your preferences’ dad.

3 minutes ago, Deweydog said:

I half expected you to try and contact me about your perma-ban. Perhaps a strongly worded letter to Fred on letterhead. I woulda done it for a modest Chick-fil-A gift card.

Nah. At this point I know who would actually have my back here and who wouldn’t. You’re probably one of the last people. I don’t like professional sports, fast food OR hot summers :(

Summer ☀️ grows while Winter ❄️  goes

Just now, Cascadia_Wx said:

Nah. At this point I know who would actually have my back here and who wouldn’t. You’re probably one of the last people. I don’t like professional sports, fast food OR hot summers :(

Matt complex.   🙁

• Confused 1
  • Troll 1

Didn’t want to post this in the main thread but I’ve had a pretty scary evening. Will NEVER use any type of dating app ever again. I had met this girl twice and we had seemingly hit it off and everything was fine. Tonight was supposed to be the 3rd date and she wanted to meet me at my house before we went to dinner. The second I sent the address to whoever was really texting me they just entirely stopped responding. Their account had been totally wiped from my messages on the app and I had been blocked. 30 minutes later…2 guys I have never seen at my apartment building tried to gain access into the building for several minutes before leaving. I didn’t put two and two together immediately but now I’m pretty confident it was a set up to try and rob me. I’m pretty terrified and it sucks because it’s highly unlikely even going to the police will help. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 4
  • Angry 1
  • scream 4

Tacoma WA elevation 300’

Monthly rainfall-3.56”

Max temp-88

+80 highs-2

+85 highs-2

+90 highs-0

14 minutes ago, Cascadia_Wx said:

Weather is really one of the last truly divisive things we have left.

I disagreed pretty strongly with your supposed life sentence, although Fred painted it to be that he dealt with a butt load of complaints on a regular basis. Can’t speak to the authenticity of that. I thought it was kinda suspicious.

And I do like hot summers. Probably more than Tim. But I also know right from wrong.

• Thanks 1
  • lol 1

My preferences can beat up your preferences’ dad.

I think this finally may just have to make me move. Some of you guys are also aware of the situation I have with my nieghbor/former best friend who still stalks me occasionally even though I have an anti-harassment order against him. Don’t know if I can live here anymore 

• Sad 3
  • Sick 1

Tacoma WA elevation 300’

Monthly rainfall-3.56”

Max temp-88

+80 highs-2

+85 highs-2

+90 highs-0

1 minute ago, TacomaWaWx said:

Didn’t want to post this in the main thread but I’ve had a pretty scary evening. Will NEVER use any type of dating app ever again. I had met this girl twice and we had seemingly hit it off and everything was fine. Tonight was supposed to be the 3rd date and she wanted to meet me at my house before we went to dinner. The second I sent the address to whoever was really texting me they just entirely stopped responding. Their account had been totally wiped from my messages on the app and I had been blocked. 30 minutes later…2 guys I have never seen at my apartment building tried to gain access into the building for several minutes before leaving. I didn’t put two and two together immediately but now I’m pretty confident it was a set up to try and rob me. I’m pretty terrified and it sucks because it’s highly unlikely even going to the police will help. 

Wow.

Its such a dicey situation nowadays with technology.    That really sucks.

Just now, TT-SEA said:

Wow.

Its such a dicey situation nowadays with technology.    That really sucks.

Will never try and meet anyone again on there. I really should have realized I was actually in danger sooner than I did. I didn’t even realize those guys showing up knowing I’d be home alone most likely was weird until I really thought about it. 

Tacoma WA elevation 300’

Monthly rainfall-3.56”

Max temp-88

+80 highs-2

+85 highs-2

+90 highs-0

3 minutes ago, Deweydog said:

I disagreed pretty strongly with your supposed life sentence, although Fred painted it to be that he dealt with a butt load of complaints on a regular basis. Can’t speak to the authenticity of that. I thought it was kinda suspicious.

And I do like hot summers. Probably more than Tim. But I also know right from wrong.

He said some stuff in the wake of my banning that was straight up untrue and bordered on defamatory. Or at least took a tremendous amount of artistic license. But that’s a long topic for a different day.

I appreciate that sentiment though. Sometimes it’s really hard to tell with people.

• Weenie 1

4 minutes ago, Deweydog said:

From what I saw... it was the other way around.  

1 minute ago, Cascadia_Wx said:

He said some stuff in the wake of my banning that was straight up untrue and bordered on defamatory. Or at least took a tremendous amount of artistic license. But that’s a long topic for a different day.

I appreciate that sentiment though. Sometimes it’s really hard to tell with people.

That said, I was just about at my worst here behavior wise at the time of the banning, and a few months off the forum period followed by several more posting incognito was really quite a nice and needed reset. So I’m not trying to paint myself as 100% a victim here.

• lol 1

13 minutes ago, TacomaWaWx said:

Wow. That’s just insane. I would feel pretty violated on a couple levels if that happened to me. Sorry you had to go through that man.

• Like 1