1...2...3...4...I declare a prefence war!

15 minutes ago, TacomaWaWx said:

I think this finally may just have to make me move. Some of you guys are also aware of the situation I have with my nieghbor/former best friend who still stalks me occasionally even though I have an anti-harassment order against him. Don’t know if I can live here anymore 

That would be flat out disturbing having a stalker like that.  Some people just snap I guess.

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Day with 1" or more snow depth = 1

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

16 minutes ago, TacomaWaWx said:

I think this finally may just have to make me move. Some of you guys are also aware of the situation I have with my nieghbor/former best friend who still stalks me occasionally even though I have an anti-harassment order against him. Don’t know if I can live here anymore 

Dude I don't know what to say. That is so damn frustrating.

Weather stats for MBY

Snowfall:

-Total snowfall since joining: 50.25"

-2018-19: 21"

-2019-20: 2.5"

-2020-21: 13"

-2021-22: 8.75"

-2022-23: 5.75"

-2023-24*: 0.25"

-Most recent snowfall: 0.25”; January 17th, 2024

-Largest snowfall (single storm): 8.5"; February 12-13, 2021

-Largest snow depth: 14"; 1:30am February 12th, 2019

Temperatures:

-Warmest: 109F; June 28th, 2021

-Coldest: 13F; December 27th, 2021

-Phreeze Count 2023-24: 31

26 minutes ago, TacomaWaWx said:

Didn’t want to post this in the main thread but I’ve had a pretty scary evening. Will NEVER use any type of dating app ever again. I had met this girl twice and we had seemingly hit it off and everything was fine. Tonight was supposed to be the 3rd date and she wanted to meet me at my house before we went to dinner. The second I sent the address to whoever was really texting me they just entirely stopped responding. Their account had been totally wiped from my messages on the app and I had been blocked. 30 minutes later…2 guys I have never seen at my apartment building tried to gain access into the building for several minutes before leaving. I didn’t put two and two together immediately but now I’m pretty confident it was a set up to try and rob me. I’m pretty terrified and it sucks because it’s highly unlikely even going to the police will help. 

What the hell man. You get them on camera? I would’ve put a bullet through both of them, right then and there.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, TacomaWaWx said:

Will never try and meet anyone again on there. I really should have realized I was actually in danger sooner than I did. I didn’t even realize those guys showing up knowing I’d be home alone most likely was weird until I really thought about it. 

Also, next time ask for a pic or zoom call before inviting them to your home.

1 hour ago, TT-SEA said:

From what I saw... it was the other way around.  

I sent PMs to people self righteously chewing them out and I could be an a$$hole when doing so. Definitely guilty there. but I never came close to saying anything along the lines of “Go kill yourself you f*cking r*tard” like he characterized the night I was banned. Not even close to my style. Maybe he was thinking of DaBears? Whatever the case, I was pretty offended when I read that. And I had no way to defend myself.

Edited by Cascadia_Wx
  • Weenie 1

Summer ☀️ grows while Winter ❄️  goes

29 minutes ago, TacomaWaWx said:

Didn’t want to post this in the main thread but I’ve had a pretty scary evening. Will NEVER use any type of dating app ever again. I had met this girl twice and we had seemingly hit it off and everything was fine. Tonight was supposed to be the 3rd date and she wanted to meet me at my house before we went to dinner. The second I sent the address to whoever was really texting me they just entirely stopped responding. Their account had been totally wiped from my messages on the app and I had been blocked. 30 minutes later…2 guys I have never seen at my apartment building tried to gain access into the building for several minutes before leaving. I didn’t put two and two together immediately but now I’m pretty confident it was a set up to try and rob me. I’m pretty terrified and it sucks because it’s highly unlikely even going to the police will help. 

Dang! And I thought I had a wild story meeting a girl on MySpace way back in the day…It was a doozy of a night (not in a good way) but your experience takes the cake! Stay safe! 

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth! 

Thanks for the thoughts guys. I’m just really freaked out by what happened. Definitely sleeping with a gun under my pillow for awhile that’s for sure. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Tacoma WA elevation 300’

Monthly rainfall-3.56”

Warm season rainfall-11.14”

Max temp-88

+80 highs-2

+85 highs-2

+90 highs-0

16 minutes ago, Phil said:

Also, next time ask for a pic or zoom call before inviting them to your home.

I felt like everything was fine since I had met her twice beforehand…and she looked exactly like her pictures showed so I was totally caught off guard by all of this. Really went to some serious lengths to get my trust and try to gauge if id be by myself and getting my address. They probably assumed I had money or something since I do live in a nice area and thought I would be an easy target. And my nieghbor did get them on camera but the Tacoma police department is useless no point in even trying to get the cops involved they won’t help me with a crazy guy who has threatened to kill me on multiple occasions that lives 2 blocks from me…so why even go to them for help?

• Sad 2
  • Angry 1
  • Sick 1

Tacoma WA elevation 300’

Monthly rainfall-3.56”

Max temp-88

+80 highs-2

+85 highs-2

+90 highs-0

45 minutes ago, Deweydog said:

Weather is really one of the last truly divisive things we have left.

I disagreed pretty strongly with your supposed life sentence, although Fred painted it to be that he dealt with a butt load of complaints on a regular basis. Can’t speak to the authenticity of that. I thought it was kinda suspicious.

And I do like hot summers. Probably more than Tim. But I also know right from wrong.

I will speak. IMO only two things warrant a permanent ban. Doxxing, and continued/severe targeted harassment (see Sounder and Link). No one is asking him to be Mother Teresa but admittedly Jesse had just become an outright negative presence on the forum leading up to his ban, blowing up on people in PMs over slight greivances or factual errors in posts, etc. Happened to me once or twice but I never complained to Fred about it. I admit that I was one of the people who was happy about his ban at first. I guess I just didn't expect him to reform himself and his posting style so much at first. But all in all I am glad that we have Jesse back. He does not come off as an assshole at all anymore, just his usual sense of humor which I guess bothers some here. But I don't really care that much about hot dogs on my posts.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Omegaraptor said:

I will speak. IMO only two things warrant a permanent ban. Doxxing, and continued/severe targeted harassment (see Sounder and Link). No one is asking him to be Mother Teresa but admittedly Jesse had just become an outright negative presence on the forum leading up to his ban, blowing up on people in PMs over slight greivances or factual errors in posts, etc. Happened to me once or twice but I never complained to Fred about it. I admit that I was one of the people who was happy about his ban at first. I guess I just didn't expect him to reform himself and his posting style so much at first. But all in all I am glad that we have Jesse back. He does not come off as an assshole at all anymore, just his usual sense of humor which I guess bothers some here. But I don't really care that much about hot dogs on my posts.

As a former weenie-slinger at Costco, the more hot dogs the better. It’d be nice to work in a corn dog once in a while though. Especially with fair season coming up.

• Like 1
  • Excited 1
  • Troll 1
  • Weenie 1

My preferences can beat up your preferences’ dad.

1 hour ago, TacomaWaWx said:

I felt like everything was fine since I had met her twice beforehand…and she looked exactly like her pictures showed so I was totally caught off guard by all of this. Really went to some serious lengths to get my trust and try to gauge if id be by myself and getting my address. They probably assumed I had money or something since I do live in a nice area and thought I would be an easy target. And my nieghbor did get them on camera but the Tacoma police department is useless no point in even trying to get the cops involved they won’t help me with a crazy guy who has threatened to kill me on multiple occasions that lives 2 blocks from me…so why even go to them for help?

Sorry you are going through this, but ya, unfortunately I can confirm via my job that Tacoma PD will only respond usually to verified burglarys or crimes in progress, it is BS and unfair to most situations these days. Stay safe bro.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TacomaWaWx said:

Have you petitioned for a civil anti-harassment order?

Felony harassment can be a hard case to make despite its simplicity, especially if there isn’t a DV enhancement. 

My preferences can beat up your preferences’ dad.

7 hours ago, Deweydog said:

Have you petitioned for a civil anti-harassment order?

Felony harassment can be a hard case to make despite its simplicity, especially if there isn’t a DV enhancement. 

I have an anti harassment order already. But it’s literally meant nothing I’ve called the cops on him dozens of times…they won’t do anything it feels like they’re just waiting for me to actually be assaulted before they do anything. 

• Sad 1

Tacoma WA elevation 300’

Monthly rainfall-3.56”

Max temp-88

+80 highs-2

+85 highs-2

+90 highs-0

Phew…I was getting worried that my deck was going to dry out and die after several hours straight of nothing falling from the sky over the last day. 

7BBEA991-FD0D-4F42-BA47-04AFFA47AD93.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Sick 1
  • Weenie 1

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth! 

Just now, MossMan said:

My preference is Eastern Wa as opposed to Western Wa right now! 

Weirdo... why don't you go buy a trailer house in Pasco if you love it so much!  

• lol 1

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

14 hours ago, MossMan said:

My preference is Eastern Wa as opposed to Western Wa right now! 

I'll take Central WA over Western WA any time.  I am basically stuck here for a while longer, but when I am able to move I will do so.  Not moving over there when I was a young adult is one of my top 5 regrets in life.  I hope younger people on here can learn from my mistake.  Move before too many things tie you down to this area.

• Weenie 1

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

14 hours ago, TT-SEA said:

Weirdo... why don't you go buy a trailer house in Pasco if you love it so much!  

I do have to admit I would take what I have over that.

• Weenie 1

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

Sun and warmth in the spring and summer has been the default for years now. So we are snapping back for one year. It was way overdue. And the future is looking bright for sun and warmth lovers in the long range with climate change overwhelmingly tipping the odds in their favor, especially for the warm season. Can’t we just enjoy some of the last vestiges of what our climate used to be before it fades into the past entirely? The deck is very stacked going forward. The constant complaining comes off about as whiney and disingenuous as a multi-billionaire crying about having to pay taxes every now and then. People who like sun and warmth in this region have had it soooooo good for years now, and it’s very likely that trend will continue for the rest of our lives, and they don’t even seem grateful or cognizant of it. Life is unlivable unless you are winning 110% of the time 😭 

• Like 1
  • lol 1
  • scream 1

Summer ☀️ grows while Winter ❄️  goes

Wow.   

Every year stands on its own for me.   I didn't like the heat and smoke in past years either.    This year has gone too far in the other direction.   Too many extremes lately.  

• Like 1

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

1 hour ago, Mr Marine Layer said:

DareDuck has not yet swum by today. 

And he calls himself a duck!!??

• lol 2

Weather stats for MBY

Snowfall:

-Total snowfall since joining: 50.25"

-2018-19: 21"

-2019-20: 2.5"

-2020-21: 13"

-2021-22: 8.75"

-2022-23: 5.75"

-2023-24*: 0.25"

-Most recent snowfall: 0.25”; January 17th, 2024

-Largest snowfall (single storm): 8.5"; February 12-13, 2021

-Largest snow depth: 14"; 1:30am February 12th, 2019

Temperatures:

-Warmest: 109F; June 28th, 2021

-Coldest: 13F; December 27th, 2021

-Phreeze Count 2023-24: 31

On 6/14/2022 at 11:15 AM, Cascadia_Wx said:

Sun and warmth in the spring and summer has been the default for years now. So we are snapping back for one year. It was way overdue. And the future is looking bright for sun and warmth lovers in the long range with climate change overwhelmingly tipping the odds in their favor, especially for the warm season. Can’t we just enjoy some of the last vestiges of what our climate used to be before it fades into the past entirely? The deck is very stacked going forward. The constant complaining comes off about as whiney and disingenuous as a multi-billionaire crying about having to pay taxes every now and then. People who like sun and warmth in this region have had it soooooo good for years now, and it’s very likely that trend will continue for the rest of our lives, and they don’t even seem grateful or cognizant of it. Life is unlivable unless you are winning 110% of the time 😭 

It didn't really used to be like this.  Cooler yes....this wet no.  Obviously there were some stand out years for wetness like 1856, but they were rare then too.

• Storm 1
  • Weenie 1

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

7 hours ago, snow_wizard said:

It didn't really used to be like this.  Cooler yes....this wet no.  Obviously there were some stand out years for wetness like 1856, but they were rare then too.

With any luck we might see the sun for the first time since last august next week. 

• lol 2

Tacoma WA elevation 300’

Monthly rainfall-3.56”

Max temp-88

+80 highs-2

+85 highs-2

+90 highs-0

12 hours ago, BLI snowman said:

Been a fantastic, climate saving spring. The spring equivalent of 2008-09!

Climate saving??   That makes no sense.   Maybe temporary forest saving in some places down in Oregon and over in Montana while the rest of the West withers away.      But if the climate is actually warming then this spring did not save anything and we could be right back in the same situation very soon.

• Like 1
  • Weenie 2

One good thing about this spring is the glaciers should do very well this year.  Probably won't be any loss at all.

• Weenie 1

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

11 minutes ago, snow_wizard said:

One good thing about this spring is the glaciers should do very well this year.  Probably won't be any loss at all.

Probably the complete opposite in Alaska... been quite warm up there.    

And wildfires are out of control up there.    I just read that the number of acres burned already surpassed the annual average.

There is always an offset somewhere.   That is why we can't make claims about the climate not warming based on what happens in a 3-month period in one area of the world.

https://www.adn.com/alaska-news/rural-alaska/2022/06/15/wildfires-in-central-and-southwest-alaska-trigger-air-quality-warnings-across-large-parts-of-the-state/

Fires burning in Southwest and Western Alaska increased in size more than 150 square miles each day this week, according to the Alaska Division of Forestry. So far this year, 253 fires have burned an estimated 835,369 acres, or over 1,300 square miles, surpassing the 500,000 acres burned during a typical year based on the median value of data from the 2012–21 fire seasons.

• Sad 1
  • Weenie 1

Here we go. Twelve Weeks of Summer, sung to the tune of Twelve Days of Christmas. Some people could only hope and dream for this to happen.

----------------------------------

On the first week of summer Mother Nature gave to me ... skies dark and gray as can be

On the second week of summer Mother Nature gave to me ... two rambunctious rainstorms ... and skies dark and gray as can be

On the third week of summer Mother Nature gave to me ... three days of drizzle ... two rambunctious rainstorms ... and skies dark and gray as can be

On the fourth week of summer Mother Nature gave to me ... four super soakers ... three days of drizzle ... two rambunctious rainstorms ... and skies dark and gray as can be

On the fifth week of summer Mother Nature gave to me ... five atmospheric rivers ... four super soakers ... three days of drizzle ... two rambunctious rainstorms ... and skies dark and gray as can be

On the sixth week of summer Mother Nature gave to me ... six days of sixties ... five atmospheric rivers ... four super soakers ... three days of drizzle ... two rambunctious rainstorms ... and skies dark and gray as can be

On the seventh week of summer Mother Nature gave to me ... seven days all sunless ... six days of sixties ... five atmospheric rivers ... four super soakers ... three days of drizzle ... two rambunctious rainstorms ... and skies dark and gray as can be

On the eighth week of summer Mother Nature gave to me ... eight delirious downpours ... seven days all sunless ... six days of sixties ... five atmospheric rivers ... four super soakers ... three days of drizzle ... two rambunctious rainstorms ... and skies dark and gray as can be

On the ninth week of summer Mother Nature gave to me ... nine rainfall records ... eight delirious downpours ... seven days all sunless ... six days of sixties ... five atmospheric rivers ... four super soakers ... three days of drizzle ... two rambunctious rainstorms ... and skies dark and gray as can be

On the tenth week of summer Mother Nature gave to me ... ten walks in wetness ... nine rainfall records ... eight delirious downpours ... seven days all sunless ... six days of sixties ... five atmospheric rivers ... four super soakers ... three days of drizzle ... two rambunctious rainstorms ... and skies dark and gray as can be

On the eleventh week of summer Mother Nature gave to me ... eleven stratiform rain spells ... ten walks in wetness ... nine rainfall records ... eight delirious downpours ... seven days all sunless ... six days of sixties ... five atmospheric rivers ... four super soakers ... three days of drizzle ... two rambunctious rainstorms ... and skies dark and gray as can be

On the twelth week of summer Mother Nature gave to me ... twelve distinct deluges ... eleven stratiform rain spells ... ten walks in wetness ... nine rainfall records ... eight delirious downpours ... seven days all sunless ... six days of sixties ... five atmospheric rivers ... four super soakers ... three days of drizzle ... two rambunctious rainstorms ... and skies dark and gray as can be

• lol 1
  • Downvote 1
  • Troll 1