1...2...3...4...I declare a prefence war!

15 minutes ago, Mr Marine Layer said:

Guess I just have to accept the fact that for some people 70 is too hot and for other people 70 is too cold and realize we are all made differently. That's why we have thermostat wars.

70 is nice.

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

In case I haven’t mentioned it yet…My preference is today’s weather! 

Edited by MossMan
  • Like 2
  • Sun 1
  • Sick 1

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth! 

I may be getting brain fog or amnesia

On 3/4/2018 at 4:17 PM, DareDuck said:

YNFG’C ASCG FQQSDRQM RC NW VSWC GNRC WTWID VFD. YW UQSY NRC HIWPWIWQXWC FQV DWG NW CGRKK NFC GS IWCHSQV GS WTWID SQW CFDRQM “YWKK RG’C OWWQ IFRQD PSI 5 DWFIC NWIW”.

QSY NWIW NW XSAWC CFDRQM WTWIDSQW VSWC GNRC YRGN GNWRI HIWPWIWQXWC. WZXWHG QS SQW WKCW VSWC GS GNW WZGWQG NW VSWC. QS SQW YRKK IWHKD GS WTWID HSCG BLCG GS IWARQV NSY OFV GNWRI GRQD XSIQWI NFC OWWQ.

• lol 1
  • Troll 1

6 hours ago, Mr Marine Layer said:

I may be getting brain fog or amnesia

😂 I just react on current posts. You’re the one going back and reacting through all my years old posts and viewing my profile multiple times a day. It’s a little weird. 

• Like 2
  • Windy 1
  • Weenie 1

Bend, OR

Elevation: 3550'

Snow History:

Nov: 1"

Dec: .5"

Jan: 1.9"

Feb: 12.7"

Mar: 1.0"

Total: 17.1"

2016/2017: 70"

2015/2016: 34"

Average: ~25"

2017/2018 Winter Temps

Lowest Min: 1F on 2/23

Lowest Max: 23F on 12/24, 2/22

Lows <32: 87

Highs <32: 13

30 minutes ago, DareDuck said:

😂 I just react on current posts. You’re the one going back and reacting through all my years old posts and viewing my profile multiple times a day. It’s a little weird. 

I have been viewing your profile to see if the overall weenie count under "Reactions Given" is going to exceed the overall like count.

If you would have more posts I wouldn't need to go so far back to react.

• Troll 1

As they say, if you want to understand why a person has certain preferences or political views, "put yourself in their own shoes".

Well, I hate shoes. As a kid, at the end of every summer before the start of the school we had to look for new sneakers. My brother loved it but I hated it because all of them are uncomfortable to me and feel tight and like they are suffocating my feet. Eventually I would adjust somewhat. Part of the reason for this is I am Asperger's. These people don't always like things touching them. That's also the reason I tend to obsess over things here.

So I'd like flip-flop or sandal weather year round. When it's too cold outside for that, I have to wear annoying closed toe shoes. And "cold" is relative, especially in a place like California where you don't get accumulated to REAL cold.

Also on a thick marine layer day in May or June (which usually feels colder than a sunny day in January here) I need to have a sweatshirt and sometimes a jacket outside and I usually come back from walks in a cold sweat due to the damp air. After that I sometimes need to change my shirt.

As for shoes though, it's pretty crazy that humans are the only living things who cannot walk around barefoot without the danger of hurting their feet. It's actually good for you to go barefoot.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Mr Marine Layer said:

Screenshot_20220720-175344_DuckDuckGo.jpg

I could go for a shorter spring, but not a shorter winter.

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Day with 1" or more snow depth = 1

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

On 7/8/2022 at 8:09 PM, T-Town said:

Speaking of preferences…  C is the obvious answer. 

I think The Glove just turned 54yrs old…That just made me feel really old. 

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth! 

3 hours ago, MossMan said:

I think The Glove just turned 54yrs old…That just made me feel really old. 

I’m older than that so it doesn’t seem weird. What is weird and sad is that the rock and roll heroes of my youth are starting to turn 80. 

• Sad 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 7/29/2022 at 12:23 PM, T-Town said:

I’m older than that so it doesn’t seem weird. What is weird and sad is that the rock and roll heroes of my youth are starting to turn 80. 

Yup.  Some of them are holding up much better than you would have expected too.  They learned soon enough that you have to take care of yourself to be healthy when you're old.  Then you have Keith Richards of course....

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Day with 1" or more snow depth = 1

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

9 hours ago, snow_wizard said:

Yup.  Some of them are holding up much better than you would have expected too.  They learned soon enough that you have to take care of yourself to be healthy when you're old.  Then you have Keith Richards of course....

Apparently even Keith has finally stopped drinking and smoking. End of an era. 

• scream 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The 54 Absolute Worst Things About Fall

1. People won't shut up about how it's fall.

2. It's cold in the morning, warm in the afternoon, and cold at night, which makes it nearly impossible to dress appropriately because you're always too warm or too cold.

3. Your body doesn't know how to adjust to the temperature change.

4. Switching over from iced coffee to hot coffee (people make too big of a deal out of it).

5. When you finally switch to hot coffee and start sweating because it's slightly too warm to be drinking hot coffee but you got to stay the course.

6. Layering until you realize you have to do more laundry because you are literally wearing more clothes.

7. Feeling pressure to do something for Halloween.

8. Everyone asking you what you're going to do for Halloween.

9. Everyone asking what you're going to be for Halloween.

10. When people ask you, "Have you watched Hocus Pocus yet?" at 12:01 a.m. on the autumnal goddamn equinox.

11. It's that much harder to get out of bed.

12. You need to put on a coat to walk to the bathroom.

13. Getting out of the shower is nearly impossible.

14. Gourds.

15. People who already started listening to Christmas music.

16. When people say, "This song reminds me of fall."

17. When you wear too light of a jacket and spend the rest of the night contemplating your life choices.

18. The transition from light jacket to winter coat in general (there's always that one day you **** up and wear the wrong thing).

19. Your sleeves get wet when you wash dishes because you have to wear long sleeves.

20. Chapped lips.

21. People who are a little too obsessed with Halloween.

22. When you eat a big meal in a restaurant and go outside and you're freezing cold because your food is digesting.

23. Leaving work when it's dark.

24. What are gourds even?

25. Leaves get wet and slippery and then you fall, and because it's fall people make a joke about how you fell in fall.

26. Everyone won't stop talking about "sweater season" when the only "sweater season" you know is how much you sweat when you wear a sweater too early in October.

27. Bad dad jokes about fall like the one in no. 26.

28. The fact that fall only exists for like two weeks before it's basically the middle of winter.

29. Gross fall-scented candles smell like a pumpkin ate another pumpkin and took a s*it.

30. When people exhale way too hard trying to see their breath like that's something to be proud of.

31. Everyone gets sick.

32. Everyone is coughing.

33. People go to work when they're sick and cough all over the GD place.

34. People become obsessed with talking about flu shots.

35. "Hello" is replaced by "Did you get a flu shot yet?"

36. Your skin shrivels up and dies (gets dry).

37. Mice go indoors and terrorize your life.

38. It gets dark mad early and then people won't shut up about how the weather affects their "mood."

39. People talking about how much they like fall.

40. Taking your AC out is one of the most scary, unpleasant tasks.

41. Gourds again.

42. Wearing socks again.

43. When it's like 60 degrees out and someone is wearing a scarf and a winter coat and you're like "IT'S NOT EVEN THAT COLD."

44. Cold, windy rain.

45. Rosé season ends. It is now nearly impossible and socially unacceptable to find and drink rosé.

46. Summer beers go away and are replaced by pumpkin beer.

47. You're literally getting paler by the day.

48. You have to find some place to stash all your summer clothes.

49. Raking leaves sucks.

50. Leaves smell like dirt.

51. Gourds one more time.

52. The word "brisk."

53. Not knowing if you just stepped in wet leaves or dog poop.

54. And finally — lists about fall:

• Thanks 1
  • scream 1

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • Guest unpinned this topic
  • 4 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Mr Marine Layer said:

Never in world history has there been a car uglier than the original Scion xB

My roommate owns an orange Scion xD

Weather stats for MBY