1...2...3...4...I declare a prefence war!

2 minutes ago, Meatyorologist said:

Fuckk you.

You forgot the smiley face emoji after the “Fuckk you” like another member used to always put after saying that to me! 😀

• Popcorn 1
  • Weenie 1

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth! 

3 minutes ago, TacomaWaWx said:

How’s it going buddy? 

Well a friend just told me that the medical world just lowered the age that you should get your first colonoscopy from 50 to 45 so it looks like there will be a little camera going places real soon for me! 💩 

• Excited 1
  • scream 1

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth! 

1 minute ago, MossMan said:

Well a friend just told me that the medical world just lowered the age that you should get your first colonoscopy from 50 to 45 so it looks like there will be a little camera going places real soon for me! 💩 

YIKES 

• Excited 1

Tacoma WA elevation 300’

Monthly rainfall-3.56”

Warm season rainfall-11.14”

Max temp-88

+80 highs-2

+85 highs-2

+90 highs-0

14 minutes ago, TacomaWaWx said:

As much grief as we give tim, still like the dude. Seems like a very nice guy even if his preferences are BS 😂

I am so confused.

My preference is that we stay close to the 50/50 balance that is normal here.   How is that BS?   A normal April/May period at the Cedar Lake station has 30 dry days and 31 days with measureable rain. 

So 58 days with rain out of 61 days in that period is just as anomalous as having 3 days days with rain in all of April/May.    That would be insane.   And the complaining would be off the charts.   And I would not be telling you this is normal and you should like it.  😃

• Weenie 1

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

1 minute ago, TT-SEA said:

I am so confused.

My preference is that we stay close to the 50/50 balance that is normal here.   How is that BS?   A normal April/May period at the Cedar Lake station has 30 dry days and 31 days with measureable rain. 

So 58 days with rain out of 61 days in that period is just as anomalous as having 3 days days with rain in all of April/May.    That would be insane.   And the complaining would be off the charts.   And I would not be telling you this is normal and you should like it.  😃

When did anyone ever say this April/May was normal?

1 minute ago, Omegaraptor said:

When did anyone ever say this April/May was normal?

How is it BS for me to say my preference is the normal 50/50 balance for my area?     Preferring climo is BS?  🤨

• Weenie 1

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

3 minutes ago, TT-SEA said:

I am so confused.

I was totally messing with you dude 😂, honestly from the way you’ve explained what kind of weather you like it seems very close to what I like…just a bit drier is all. Preferences seem very reasonable actually. 

• Like 1

Tacoma WA elevation 300’

Monthly rainfall-3.56”

Max temp-88

+80 highs-2

+85 highs-2

+90 highs-0

26 minutes ago, TacomaWaWx said:

As much grief as we give tim, still like the dude. Seems like a very nice guy even if his preferences are BS 😂

This. 😂 Forum wouldn’t be the same without him.

• Like 3
  • Sick 1
  • Downvote 1

Just now, Phil said:

This. 😂 Forum wouldn’t be the same without him.

I enjoy getting a rise out of Tim from time to time…but I’m sure he knows I’m just messing with him. Overall he’s a big part of the place and is actually pretty smart about weather stuff AND CLIMO. 

• Like 1
  • Sick 1

Tacoma WA elevation 300’

Monthly rainfall-3.56”

Max temp-88

+80 highs-2

+85 highs-2

+90 highs-0

5 minutes ago, TacomaWaWx said:

I was totally messing with you dude 😂, honestly from the way you’ve explained what kind of weather you like it seems very close to what I like…just a bit drier is all. Preferences seem very reasonable actually. 

The other misconception that a few people like to push is that somehow I love 90 degree heat and smoke.

I hated a good part of summer in 2015, 2017, 2018, and 2021.    Those summers were essentially ruined by heat and smoke making them even more unenjoyable than rain every day.    I would much prefer to be right in between those extremes. 

• Like 1

7+ day stretches with no precip isn’t common here in the summer either. Unless there’s a death ridge overhead or something.

1 minute ago, TT-SEA said:

The other misconception that a few people like to push is that somehow I love 90 degree heat and smoke.

I hated a good part of summer in 2015, 2017, 2018, and 2021.    Those summers were essentially ruined by heat and smoke making them even more unenjoyable than rain every day.    I would much prefer to be right in between those extremes. 

Shawnigan is the one who likes smoke.

Just now, Phil said:

7+ day stretches with no precip isn’t common here in the summer either. Unless there’s a death ridge overhead or something.

It actually very common here from July into September.    And at least once or twice in April-June even here in the foothills.    We can't even manage 2 consecutive days at this point.   😃

14 minutes ago, TT-SEA said:

I am so confused.

image.gif

• lol 1

My preferences can beat up your preferences’ dad.

3 minutes ago, TT-SEA said:

75-88 degrees and a decent rain event every now and then in the summer seems like what you like and that’s pretty reasonable IMO

Tacoma WA elevation 300’

Monthly rainfall-3.56”

Max temp-88

+80 highs-2

+85 highs-2

+90 highs-0

2 minutes ago, TacomaWaWx said:

75-88 degrees and a decent rain event every now and then in the summer seems like what you like and that’s pretty reasonable IMO

Ideally 72-82.    There are diminishing returns on warmth after its gets above 82.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Phil said:

You live in a completely different climate lol. We have a "cool Mediterranean climate" here, while your climate is actually wetter in the summer than in the winter.

I don't think I've seen a flash of lightning since 2020.

• scream 1
  • Weenie 1

1 minute ago, Omegaraptor said:

You live in a completely different climate lol. We have a "cool Mediterranean climate" here, while your climate is actually wetter in the summer than in the winter.

You think that’s bad? Try living in Springfield. 

• lol 1

Tacoma WA elevation 300’

Monthly rainfall-3.56”

Max temp-88

+80 highs-2

+85 highs-2

+90 highs-0

Feels oddly sticky and humid outside, I suppose the side effects of it being early June with what I'm assuming is SW flow pushing in. Wondering if we could see some embedded thunderstorms with the slug of moisture that pushes in. Some mesoscale models (HRRRRRRRRR, NAM3K) seem to suggest a possibility. 

• Like 2

"Let's mosey!"

--Cloud Strife

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Top 5 Snow Events (post 2014):

(1. January 10th, 2017: 18.5 in.

(2. February 6th, 2014: 7.5 inches

(3. February 20th, 2018: 5.0 inches

(4. February 21st, 2018: 4.0 inches

(5. December 14th, 2016: 3.5 inches

Honourable Mentions: December 7th, 2018, February 9th, 2019.

Total since joining the Weather Forums: 3"

12 minutes ago, Requiem said:

Feels oddly sticky and humid outside, I suppose the side effects of it being early June with what I'm assuming is SW flow pushing in. Wondering if we could see some embedded thunderstorms with the slug of moisture that pushes in. Some mesoscale models (HRRRRRRRRR, NAM3K) seem to suggest a possibility. 

image.png

Sunday morning has some midlevel intrigue, although not as interesting as this morning's setup. Afternoon brings in a broad sfc based threat.

• Like 1

Weather stats for MBY

Snowfall:

-Total snowfall since joining: 50.25"

-2018-19: 21"

-2019-20: 2.5"

-2020-21: 13"

-2021-22: 8.75"

-2022-23: 5.75"

-2023-24*: 0.25"

-Most recent snowfall: 0.25”; January 17th, 2024

-Largest snowfall (single storm): 8.5"; February 12-13, 2021

-Largest snow depth: 14"; 1:30am February 12th, 2019

Temperatures:

-Warmest: 109F; June 28th, 2021

-Coldest: 13F; December 27th, 2021

-Phreeze Count 2023-24: 31

2 hours ago, TT-SEA said:

Its just crazy.

These responses are so silly.    

Takes two to tango. I’m more in awe that you have the time to argue/respond to everything.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Cold Season 2023/24:

Total snowfall: 26"

Highest daily snowfall: 5"

Deepest snow depth: 12"

Coldest daily high: -20ºF

Coldest daily low: -42ºF

Number of subzero days: 5

Personal Weather Station on Wunderground: 

https://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/dashboard?ID=KMTBOZEM152#history

1 hour ago, Omegaraptor said:

I saw TWO less than 24 hours ago.

• Excited 1

My preferences can beat up your preferences’ dad.

8 minutes ago, Kayla said:

Takes two to tango. I’m more in awe that you have the time to argue/respond to everything.

Not that it's a good reason... but it was a very slow day and I ended up in Les Schwab waiting area for almost 3 hours this afternoon to fix a flat.   But they do it for free so can't really complain about the wait! 

• Weenie 2

5 minutes ago, Deweydog said:

FREE BEEF!!!

Sure wish they would bring back the free popcorn.   They ended that with COVID and don't seem to be too interested in starting it up again.  

• Weenie 1

2 hours ago, Omegaraptor said:

Just checked - Tim has brought up rain statistics a total of 8 times today, used "dry days" 7 times, and cited the "180 dry days" statistic 4 times.

Where does he get the 180 dry days figure, anyhow? I tried to find a dry-days statistic for Cedar Lake, but couldn’t. If he’s citing a stat for Sea-Tac, that is of course irrelevant. He lives in a different (and wetter) climate than Sea-Tac.

• Like 1
It's called clown range for a reason.

1 minute ago, Rubus Leucodermis said:

Where does he get the 180 dry days figure, anyhow? I tried to find a dry-days statistic for Cedar Lake, but couldn’t. If he’s citing a stat for Sea-Tac, that is of course irrelevant. He lives in a different (and wetter) climate than Sea-Tac.

Here we go...

• Excited 1
  • Sick 1

Summer ☀️ grows while Winter ❄️  goes

2 minutes ago, Rubus Leucodermis said:

365 - 185 = 180  

cl2.png

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

Btw, for someone who “doesn’t care” about reacts just as much as they don’t care about water falling from the sky. It’s pretty easy to read through the conversation and hit reactions. A simple tap of the thumb is all it takes do deal a truly devastating and emotionally scarring emoji.

• Like 1
  • Excited 1
  • lol 1
  • Troll 1
  • Weenie 2

Summer ☀️ grows while Winter ❄️  goes

1 minute ago, Cascadia_Wx said:

Btw, for someone who “doesn’t care” about reacts just as much as they don’t care about water falling from the sky. It’s pretty easy to read through the conversation and hit reactions. A simple tap of the thumb is all it takes do deal a truly devastating and emotionally scarring emoji.

I appreciate the acknowledgement.   If I am not bothering you then I am doing something wrong.     

• Sick 1

55 minutes ago, TT-SEA said:

365 - 185 = 180  

cl2.png

I just noticed that the wettest May was in 1905 and the wettest June was in 1906.      The daily data for those months is now available right on the SEA NWS site for the Cedar Lake station.

The wettest May ever with 16.91 inches must have had rain every day like 2022?     May 1905 actually had 11 dry days at the station.   We managed 2 dry days in 2022.   😃

The wettest June ever in 1906 with an unbelievable 15.57 inches of rain... still managed 14 days with no rain.   And a full 7-day dry spell from 6/21-6/28.    

2022 is just going off the charts in terms of persistent rain.  

• scream 1

14 minutes ago, Rubus Leucodermis said:

LOL.

I wake up and think it’s gonna be an amazing day. Then I log onto theweatherforums to check in with the fellow PNW weather weenies. I open my notifications and Cascadia_Wx has reacted to a post. Sure enough, there is a weenie emoji attached to my post. My day is ruined.

• Sad 1
  • Weenie 1

14 minutes ago, Omegaraptor said:

I wake up and think it’s gonna be an amazing day. Then I log onto theweatherforums to check in with the fellow PNW weather weenies. I open my notifications and Cascadia_Wx has reacted to a post. Sure enough, there is a weenie emoji attached to my post. My day is ruined.

It would be bad day if I was not bothering Jesse.   I would be sort of sad if he was ignoring me.    

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, TT-SEA said:

365 - 185 = 180  

cl2.png

Technically trace days wouldn’t be counted on that. So the real number is less than 180 days.