1...2...3...4...I declare a prefence war!

5 minutes ago, Phil said:

Technically trace days wouldn’t be counted on that. So the real number is less than 180 days.

No counting those anywhere.   Its apples to apples.   It rained on 58 out of 61 days in April/May at that station.    That is pretty crazy.   It has to be the most persistently rainy April/May period ever recorded there.   

And the actual number would be lower at every station.   A trace could be dew or frost or fog or anything.   Irrelevant.     

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

4 minutes ago, TT-SEA said:

No counting those anywhere.   Its apples to apples.   It rained on 58 out of 61 days in April/May at that station.    That is pretty crazy.   It has to be the most persistently rainy April/May period ever recorded there.   

And the actual number would be lower at every station.   A trace could be dew or frost or fog or anything.   Irrelevant.     

No a trace means rainfall that is under 0.01”. Happens all the time almost everywhere.

The real number of “dry” days there is probably 160 or so. Maybe fewer.

We’ve come a long way. In the past, the fashionable way to shun a member would be to put them on ignore and then constantly talk about how they’ve been put in weenie purgatory. The reactions allow people to feel like they’re accomplishing something for the greater good while maintaining a family atmosphere. 🥰

Edited by Deweydog
  • Like 1

My preferences can beat up your preferences’ dad.

13 minutes ago, Phil said:

No a trace means rainfall that is under 0.01”. Happens all the time almost everywhere.

The real number of “dry” days there is probably 160 or so.

Whatever... stats are apples to apples   There were 58 days with measurable rain in April/May.    

And I think measurable rain is a good cut off point anyways.

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

1 minute ago, Deweydog said:

We’ve come a long way. In the past, the fashionable way to shun a member would be to put them on ignore and then constantly talk about how they’ve been put in weenie purgatory. The reactions allow people to feel like they’re accomplishing something for the greater good while maintaining a family atmosphere. 🥰

To the rescue!

• Troll 1

Summer ☀️ grows while Winter ❄️  goes

2 minutes ago, Cascadia_Wx said:

I’m making an honest effort. Really all a person can do.

Me too.    

• lol 2

3 hours ago, Omegaraptor said:

You live in a completely different climate lol. We have a "cool Mediterranean climate" here, while your climate is actually wetter in the summer than in the winter.

I don't think I've seen a flash of lightning since 2020.

Same (in Portland at least). I heard a rumble in 2021, but I haven't seen lightning since 2020 here I'm pretty sure.

3 hours ago, Meatyorologist said:

image.png

Sunday morning has some midlevel intrigue, although not as interesting as this morning's setup. Afternoon brings in a broad sfc based threat.

The NWS AFD for Portland gives a 25% to 35% chance of thunderstorms here, maybe I'll finally get lucky!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TT-SEA said:

Oh boy.   Here we go with the Matt complex.

Quick! Get the Matt simple!

• Confused 1

Weather stats for MBY

Snowfall:

-Total snowfall since joining: 50.25"

-2018-19: 21"

-2019-20: 2.5"

-2020-21: 13"

-2021-22: 8.75"

-2022-23: 5.75"

-2023-24*: 0.25"

-Most recent snowfall: 0.25”; January 17th, 2024

-Largest snowfall (single storm): 8.5"; February 12-13, 2021

-Largest snow depth: 14"; 1:30am February 12th, 2019

Temperatures:

-Warmest: 109F; June 28th, 2021

-Coldest: 13F; December 27th, 2021

-Phreeze Count 2023-24: 31

11 minutes ago, MossMan said:

You just won a free hat! 

Actually looking at the time stamp in the May thread…I win the free hat!! 
Sorry Marine Layer. 

Edited by MossMan
  • Confused 1

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth! 

6 hours ago, Mr Marine Layer said:

Weenie reacts do not affect reputation points.

I could change that ;)

• Like 1

Weather stats for MBY

Snowfall:

Temperatures:

21 hours ago, hawkstwelve said:

Any time I talk with any of our family members still living in WA (from Bellingham to Monroe to Carnation to Tacoma to Eatonville) literally all of them say how tired they are of the rain... How it's been nothing but constant rain almost every day. And it serves as a great reminder of one of the reasons we left the area - needing a break from the neverending gray/rain.

Although today was a pretty Seattle-like day here, the majority of our weather is sunny with occasional thunderstorms moving through dropping a quick 1-2 inches of rain. My kind of spring/summer weather right there!

I'm not gonna lie... I would like to move to a sunnier climate eventually. Not necessarily a warmer climate... somewhere that never gets snow is a no-go. Honestly most of the interior/mountain West fits the bill. Having the sun is just such a massive boost for my psyche. Helps me get out of bed, makes me more excited for the day, etc. Really noticed the impact with how little sun there was this April and first half of May.

• Like 2
  • Rain 1
  • Weenie 1

40 minutes ago, Omegaraptor said:

I'm not gonna lie... I would like to move to a sunnier climate eventually. Not necessarily a warmer climate... somewhere that never gets snow is a no-go. Honestly most of the interior/mountain West fits the bill. Having the sun is just such a massive boost for my psyche. Helps me get out of bed, makes me more excited for the day, etc. Really noticed the impact with how little sun there was this April and first half of May.

Nope you are supposed to like dark dank dreary drizzly goo for weather 359 days a year and not complain at all about it. 

• lol 1
  • Weenie 1

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth! 

It is hilarious that those that love and want sunny boating weather are more offended and unsettled by those that prefer a little more variety than not, can't even argue against that point, although they will try.  I can hear the teeth nashing and seething clear as day out here from those with dry docked boats. Seems like, at least on here most are just going with it and enjoying the moments as they come to partake in outside activities, we are, makes them just that much more enjoyable.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, MossMan said:

Nope you are supposed to like dark dank dreary drizzly goo for weather 359 days a year and not complain at all about it. 

You’ve lived in the same place 45 years. Would’ve thought you’d have come to expect it by now.

12 minutes ago, GHweatherChris said:

It is hilarious that those that love and want sunny boating weather are more offended and unsettled by those that prefer a little more variety than not, can't even argue against that point, although they will try.  I can hear the teeth nashing and seething clear as day out here from those with dry docked boats. Seems like, at least on here most are just going with it and enjoying the moments as they come to partake in outside activities, we are, makes them just that much more enjoyable.

Oh the amount of complaining was insane last year in case you have forgotten…

1 minute ago, Phil said:

You’ve lived in the same place 45 years. Would’ve thought you’d have come to expect it by now.

I expect it, dealt with it most years growing up…doesn’t mean I like to be a Raccoon vampire like Chris! A compromise between last year and this year would be great! This year has been downright depressing. Not many people (even the natives) like to garden, or boat, or do dog training, or other activities in 48 degree rain week after week after dealing with it since September. And before you tell me to move…Don’t forget how much you complain about your climate and yet stay…

• lol 1

1 minute ago, MossMan said:

From which individuals?  The weather this spring/beginning of summer has been much needed for several years before heat settles in, now that it is happening I am seeing more complaining from one camp, although done by plausible deniability tactics being much more prominent than from those when the tables have been turned in regards to less precip and more dry/heat.  The heat/dry lovers are always more heated, no pun intended than those that are not.  This forum proves that year after year, but yet it is denied or, blah blah I am fascinated now by the stats to mask the true feelings.  You truly are hating this pattern, we know that, however you do not pummel this forum with stats over and over to hide your true feelings, you state it as matter of fact and I can appreciate that Randy, however..... ya, you know where I am going with this.

• Like 6

20 minutes ago, MossMan said:

Last spring was pretty much the opposite extreme. Persistent torching pretty much West Coast wide with precip totals closer to what you'd expect in Nevada or Utah than western Oregon. Springs like that aren't exactly good for our native vegetation and ecosystem, this is not a sagebrush climate.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • scream 1

15 minutes ago, Deweydog said:

Cascadia has angered the preference gods.🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻
image.png

I prefer tsunamis over earthquakes, actually.

• Excited 1

Weather stats for MBY

Snowfall:

Temperatures:

9 minutes ago, Omegaraptor said:

Last spring was pretty much the opposite extreme. Persistent torching pretty much West Coast wide with precip totals closer to what you'd expect in Nevada or Utah than western Oregon. Springs like that aren't exactly good for our native vegetation and ecosystem, this is not a sagebrush climate.

Actually to clarify, there is massive complaining from the pro dark dank camp anytime there is a week straight of nice weather, even if we had crap weather the week before and the week after the sunny warmth. Massive complaining on both sides…Nobody wins, everybody loses, Mariners suck, the end. 

• Excited 1
  • Weenie 1

1 minute ago, MossMan said:

Actually to clarify, there is massive complaining from the pro dark dank camp anytime there is a week straight of nice weather, even if we had crap weather the week before and the week after the sunny warmth. Massive complaining on both sides…Nobody wins, everybody loses, Mariners suck, the end. 

idk maybe i'm just reading the room wrong, but I've found that summer weather fans are generally far more intolerant of cooler weather and rain than winter fans are of a week of nicer weather.

plus the reactions are skewed when in the context of climate change. a week straight of 80°F+ weather in 1919 would have been considered a blessing, while that weather today is seen as yet another regression towards the new mean.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Excited 1

Weather stats for MBY

Snowfall:

Temperatures:

2 minutes ago, MossMan said:

, did the M's lose again tonight?  They had the lead earlier!!  And my point is, heat/dry lovers are incessantly worse than those that aren't, my open mind and clear conscience sees that, since I have no preference other than living our lives the best we can!!

• Like 1