June 2022 - Summer Begins

TT-SEA

19 minutes ago, TT-SEA said:

That cloud band passed through here about an hour ago... totally clear again and still 82 degrees and completely calm.

It’s over here. Hopefully it won’t be another month before I can put the patio furniture back out. 

70B06FB5-02DB-4C54-9C90-96B73B89F610.jpeg

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth! 

Lightning west of Bellingham!

• Like 3
  • Storm 1

Weather stats for MBY

Snowfall:

-Total snowfall since joining: 50.25"

-2018-19: 21"

-2019-20: 2.5"

-2020-21: 13"

-2021-22: 8.75"

-2022-23: 5.75"

-2023-24*: 0.25"

-Most recent snowfall: 0.25”; January 17th, 2024

-Largest snowfall (single storm): 8.5"; February 12-13, 2021

-Largest snow depth: 14"; 1:30am February 12th, 2019

Temperatures:

-Warmest: 109F; June 28th, 2021

-Coldest: 13F; December 27th, 2021

-Phreeze Count 2023-24: 31

Stiff breeze going and a bit cooler.

• Windy 1

Weather stats for MBY

Snowfall:

Temperatures:

Down to 72 with clear skies and no wind. 

• Like 1

Snowfall                                  Precip

2022-23: 95.0"                      2022-23: 17.39"

2021-22: 52.6"                    2021-22: 91.46" 

2020-21: 12.0"                    2020-21: 71.59"

2019-20: 23.5"                   2019-20: 58.54"

2018-19: 63.5"                   2018-19: 66.33"

2017-18: 30.3"                   2017-18: 59.83"

2016-17: 49.2"                   2016-17: 97.58"

2015-16: 11.75"                 2015-16: 68.67"

2014-15: 3.5"
2013-14: 11.75"                  2013-14: 62.30
2012-13: 16.75"                 2012-13: 78.45  

2011-12: 98.5"                   2011-12: 92.67"

It's always sunny at Winters Hill! 
Fighting the good fight against weather evil.

Just now, GHweatherChris said:

You can't trust Tims current updates on temp or precip, he doesn't have a weather station, which is still and will always be weird, he relies on google and websites lol!!

42 and pouring rain here... the rain did let up a little this afternoon though.   That was the heat wave in my area.   Temp jumped to 45.   

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Poor people of Juneau... too far north for the crash coming in WA and OR.   Just relentless perfect summer.    :(

Screenshot_20220627-201612_Google.jpg

• Sad 1

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

2 minutes ago, TacomaWx said:

This can’t be true because Phil would’ve made several troll posts about it by now. 

Very true.   Some wet flakes mixing in now.   Probably won't stick though... ground too warm after our record high of 45 here today.

• lol 2

7 minutes ago, TT-SEA said:

42 and pouring rain here... the rain did let up a little this afternoon though.   That was the heat wave in my area.   Temp jumped to 45.   

Serious question, why do you not have a weather station, or at the very least a rain guage?  It would be better if you were actually reporting accurate conditions instead of assuming based off websites kinda sorta near you, or stations kinda sorta near you.

Edited by GHweatherChris
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, GHweatherChris said:

Serious question, why do you not have a weather station, or at the very least a rain guage?  It would be better if you were actually reporting accurate conditions instead of assuming based off websites kinda sorta near you, or stations kinda sorta near you.

I honestly don't care that much.   There is a station literally down the road from my house in my neighborhood.   And lots of them in North Bend.    I know what is happening here.  

• Like 1
  • lol 1
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, TT-SEA said:

I honestly don't care that much.   There is a station literally down the road from my house in my neighborhood.   And lots of them in North Bend.    I know what is happening here.  

We care, though. As the forums most prolific poster we deserve a front row seat to the data behind the Tim show. I bet @Philwould pay for it and a live cam too. You could probably charge a few bucks even! 

• lol 5

8 minutes ago, TT-SEA said:

Excuse me, on the bolded part.....  your post count and argumentative personality would like to schedule a meeting with you.  🤣🙃

• lol 1

10 minutes ago, TT-SEA said:

Oh please. 😂

• lol 1

1 minute ago, GHweatherChris said:

Excuse me, on the bolded part.....  your post count and argumentative personality would like to schedule a meeting with you.  🤣🙃

I already know what is happening my yard.    I don't care about 1/10th of a degree one way or another.

• Downvote 2

2 minutes ago, RentonHillTC said:

We care, though. As the forums most prolific poster we deserve a front row seat to the data behind the Tim show. I bet @Philwould pay for it and a live cam too. You could probably charge a few bucks even! 

I have an unused VP2+ I could mail him. Have no need for it. Fan aspirated radiation shield and everything.

3 minutes ago, TT-SEA said:

I already know what is happening my yard.    I don't care about 1/10th of a degree one way or another.

Ya, you are like my wife, doctor google and the internet are a more accurate and a better representation of a situation.

I would love to see your actual stats at your house vs.  1000' North Bend dude, I think it would be interesting.

BTW, how far away from you is Cedar Lake or Creek or whatever, when I google it, it is nowhere near North Bend.

Edited by GHweatherChris
  • Like 1
  • Excited 1

Ya, you are like my wife, doctor google and the internet are a more accurate and a better representation of a situation.

There are enough stations around here... I am not in some magical mountain top location.    Just in a neighborhood surrounded by other neighborhoods.  

Just now, TT-SEA said:

There are enough stations around here... I am not in some magical mountain top location.    Just in a neighborhood surrounded by other neighborhoods.  

How far is the Cedar Lake or Creek observation thingy you use?  I edited my post above, but I googled it and it is nowhere near North Bend, from what I saw.

I don't have a weather station, I infer based off nearby stations as well. It's very on point. If you have a good sample size and consistent nearby coverage, it's a very good estimation. In most cases, actual temperatures only vary by tenths of a degree every few blocks or so. Where there's elevation or water it's different, but if your neighbor or the house two blocks down w/ the same terrain and elevation and access to seabreezes has a station, it's probably within 0.5F 99% of the time.

• Like 1

Weather stats for MBY

Snowfall:

Temperatures:

I think the 00Z GFS is too warm for tomorrow.    The 00Z last night was 3 degrees too warm for today... but it was closer than the ECMWF.  

gfs-deterministic-washington-t2m_f_max6-6460800 (1).png

Just now, Meatyorologist said:

I don't have a weather station, I infer based off nearby stations as well. It's very on point. If you have a good sample size and consistent nearby coverage, it's a very good estimation. In most cases, actual temperatures only vary by tenths of a degree every few blocks or so. Where there's elevation or water it's different, but if your neighbor or the house two blocks down w/ the same terrain and elevation and access to seabreezes has a station, it's probably within 0.5F 99% of the time.

I get that, but Tim uses a station a lot that I believe is nowhere near him, I could be wrong and would willingly admit that if I am.

How far is the Cedar Lake or Creek observation thingy you use?  I edited my post above, but I googled it and it is nowhere near North Bend, from what I saw.

We just use that station on here for rainfall.   Its farther east towards the mountains and 1,500 feet in elevation... so it should be just as wet or maybe a little wetter.   But its generally quite a bit colder than here throughout the year.   

2 minutes ago, GHweatherChris said:

I get that, but Tim uses a station a lot that I believe is nowhere near him, I could be wrong and would willingly admit that if I am.

I use that station to point out how wet it has been in general in the central Cascade foothills... and compare to normal for that station.