Jump to content
The Weather Forums

June 2022 - Summer Begins


Recommended Posts

  • Longtimer

GOOD LORD

  • Like 3
  • scream 2

Snowfall                                  Precip

2021-22: 52.6"                    2021-22: 82.13" 

2020-21: 12.0"                    2020-21: 71.59"

2019-20: 23.5"                   2019-20: 58.54"

2018-19: 63.5"                   2018-19: 66.33"

2017-18: 30.3"                   2017-18: 59.83"

2016-17: 49.2"                   2016-17: 97.58"

2015-16: 11.75"                 2015-16: 68.67"

2014-15: 3.5"
2013-14: 11.75"                  2013-14: 62.30
2012-13: 16.75"                 2012-13: 78.45  

2011-12: 98.5"                   2011-12: 92.67"

It's always sunny at Winters Hill! 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Longtimer
6 minutes ago, TT-SEA said:

Yes... it will swing the other way.     And you are back to talking about feelings and outdoor plans again.   That is completely irrelevant. 

And we had 3 times the number of normal days with rain in the summer of 2019.    And 2016 is another example... way more than the usual number of days with rain.     Of course those both had relatively dry springs.  

How about if I put it this way... I absolutely love this pattern of persistent rain.    I sure wish this was normal.    But alas... it is not normal to have rain on 71 out of 75 days.   Then we would only average 20 dry days per year... but we actually average 180 days.    So sadly this cannot continue because its so far from normal.

You are taking weenie to a whole new level these past few weeks. You really should head to Palm Desert or Needles for a fix. 

Seriously though, a drier stretch is inevitable. The region saw a pretty wet OND and then we turned around and saw a dry January-March (Even if you want to pretend that period was wet, it wasn't regionally.).Things flipped in a big way once we got into April, but we already know things are going to dry out in the summer, that is inevitable, and the models are all showing plenty of dry or mostly dry days ahead. 

  • Like 5

Snowfall                                  Precip

2021-22: 52.6"                    2021-22: 82.13" 

2020-21: 12.0"                    2020-21: 71.59"

2019-20: 23.5"                   2019-20: 58.54"

2018-19: 63.5"                   2018-19: 66.33"

2017-18: 30.3"                   2017-18: 59.83"

2016-17: 49.2"                   2016-17: 97.58"

2015-16: 11.75"                 2015-16: 68.67"

2014-15: 3.5"
2013-14: 11.75"                  2013-14: 62.30
2012-13: 16.75"                 2012-13: 78.45  

2011-12: 98.5"                   2011-12: 92.67"

It's always sunny at Winters Hill! 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, SilverFallsAndrew said:

GOOD LORD

So suddenly we average just 1/10th the normal number of dry days.    But we are able to do outdoor stuff on some of those days... so its completely reasonable to expect it to rain almost every day now.  😀

 

  • Weenie 3

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Longtimer

It does look like the center of the county will bake this year. I saw a stat yesterday. DFW averages 20 100+ days a summer, but have not hit that mark in 7 years. They are due. 

  • Like 4
  • Sun 1

Snowfall                                  Precip

2021-22: 52.6"                    2021-22: 82.13" 

2020-21: 12.0"                    2020-21: 71.59"

2019-20: 23.5"                   2019-20: 58.54"

2018-19: 63.5"                   2018-19: 66.33"

2017-18: 30.3"                   2017-18: 59.83"

2016-17: 49.2"                   2016-17: 97.58"

2015-16: 11.75"                 2015-16: 68.67"

2014-15: 3.5"
2013-14: 11.75"                  2013-14: 62.30
2012-13: 16.75"                 2012-13: 78.45  

2011-12: 98.5"                   2011-12: 92.67"

It's always sunny at Winters Hill! 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, SilverFallsAndrew said:

You are taking weenie to a whole new level these past few weeks. You really should head to Palm Desert or Needles for a fix. 

Seriously though, a drier stretch is inevitable. The region saw a pretty wet OND and then we turned around and saw a dry January-March (Even if you want to pretend that period was wet, it wasn't regionally.).Things flipped in a big way once we got into April, but we already know things are going to dry out in the summer, that is inevitable, and the models are all showing plenty of dry or mostly dry days ahead. 

And you just made my point... its going to swing the other way soon.    

In a year like 2019... we had a ridiculous number of dry days in the spring and then it shifted and rained on almost half the days in July and August.   

This year the pendulum is set to swing the other way for July and August.       

 

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Here is the discussion being repeated lately:

1) The number of days with rain has been astounding from a statistical standpoint.   Pretty much unprecedented in this area.   When anything close to this happens... it almost always swings the other way for an extended period of time.   125 years of local history here in the Snoqualmie Valley shows that to be true virtually every time.   Even in the coldest/wettest years.

2) But you were able to be outside on some of those days... so therefore the above statistical point is meaningless.

 

#1 is true... regardless of how anyone feels about it or what we did outside.   😀

 

  • Excited 1
  • Weenie 2

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Longtimer
Just now, TT-SEA said:

And you just made my point... its going to swing the other way soon.    

In a year like 2019... we had a ridiculous number of dry days in the spring and then it swung the other way and rained on almost half the days in July and August.   

This year the pendulum is set to swing the other way for July and August.       

 

Yes, don't confuse me for Phil... He's the one saying it could be a green tomato summer. I have been consistently saying I expect a much drier period later this summer. I think at latest we transition there by mid-July. So a "wet" July is possible, but we should see that transition just like we did in 2010, 11, 12, etc... I would expect a 2-3 month dry stretch at that point, so really we should see really nice weather, maybe even pleasant from at the latest mid-July through mid-September, maybe even into October this year. 

  • Like 3

Snowfall                                  Precip

2021-22: 52.6"                    2021-22: 82.13" 

2020-21: 12.0"                    2020-21: 71.59"

2019-20: 23.5"                   2019-20: 58.54"

2018-19: 63.5"                   2018-19: 66.33"

2017-18: 30.3"                   2017-18: 59.83"

2016-17: 49.2"                   2016-17: 97.58"

2015-16: 11.75"                 2015-16: 68.67"

2014-15: 3.5"
2013-14: 11.75"                  2013-14: 62.30
2012-13: 16.75"                 2012-13: 78.45  

2011-12: 98.5"                   2011-12: 92.67"

It's always sunny at Winters Hill! 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Longtimer

12z 3K NAM showing about 0.60" of rain today. Looking at radar, it appears to be on our doorstep. 

  • Rain 1

Snowfall                                  Precip

2021-22: 52.6"                    2021-22: 82.13" 

2020-21: 12.0"                    2020-21: 71.59"

2019-20: 23.5"                   2019-20: 58.54"

2018-19: 63.5"                   2018-19: 66.33"

2017-18: 30.3"                   2017-18: 59.83"

2016-17: 49.2"                   2016-17: 97.58"

2015-16: 11.75"                 2015-16: 68.67"

2014-15: 3.5"
2013-14: 11.75"                  2013-14: 62.30
2012-13: 16.75"                 2012-13: 78.45  

2011-12: 98.5"                   2011-12: 92.67"

It's always sunny at Winters Hill! 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Longtimer

Good lovely morning! 
Currently partly sunny and 60 degrees here on the mighty Columbia River! 

0.00” so far on the day!!!! 
 

53CE5DC6-725E-4925-87F0-2E5FC3073307.jpeg

  • Like 6

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, SilverFallsAndrew said:

Yes, don't confuse me for Phil... He's the one saying it could be a green tomato summer. I have been consistently saying I expect a much drier period later this summer. I think at latest we transition there by mid-July. So a "wet" July is possible, but we should see that transition just like we did in 2010, 11, 12, etc... I would expect a 2-3 month dry stretch at that point, so really we should see really nice weather, maybe even pleasant from at the latest mid-July through mid-September, maybe even into October this year. 

Overall if the euros right the transition is starting…it wouldn’t hurt at this point for the weather to turn drier overall. I hope for a little rain in July and august but it definitely doesn’t need to be as wet as it has been all summer long and it won’t be. 

Tacoma WA elevation 300’

Monthly rainfall-3.56”

Warm season rainfall-11.14”

Max temp-88

+80 highs-2

+85 highs-2

+90 highs-0

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, TT-SEA said:

Yes... it will swing the other way.     And you are back to talking about feelings and outdoor plans again.   That is completely irrelevant. 

And we had 3 times the number of normal days with rain in the summer of 2019.    And 2016 is another example... way more than the usual number of days with rain.     Of course those both had relatively dry springs.  

How about if I put it this way... I absolutely love this pattern of persistent rain.    I sure wish this was normal.    But alas... it is not normal to have rain on 71 out of 75 days.   Then we would only average 20 dry days per year... but we actually average 180 days.    So sadly this cannot continue because its so far from normal.

I think we’re talking about this from completely different angles.

Yes, this spring has been a cool/wet “extreme” relative to climo there. Nobody can deny that reality. 

However, in the context of the hot/sunny “extremes” during the warm season over the last decade, this is roughly on par with many of those seasons.

The pendulum was statistically “due” to swing back to cool/wet. The last thing the PNW is “due” for is a hot/dry summer.

In reality, though, it is far more complex. These patterns don’t emerge randomly…there are forcings/reasons for them. And the forcings driving the current regime are surprisingly stable/resistant to change.

Thus, to argue the pattern is due to change, is to argue the forcings/background system state are going to change, which seems unlikely since the stage for low frequency shifts in tropical forcing are set during the winter/spring, and this year went the *opposite* direction (more towards the cold phase/-ENSO mode). No coherent WWBs throughout the spring, easterly currents present across the tropical Pacific, several weeks of enhanced trades coming up, etc.

IE: A low frequency transition simply isn’t in the cards. However, that doesn’t mean higher frequency variability won’t alter the pattern transiently..in fact it’s highly likely it will. I’m watching a potential MJO transit across the Pacific in early/mid July which could force a coherent (albeit brief) +PNA/western warm spell.

And the seasonal/dynamic teleconnections begin to change in late summer, such that the present low frequency system state will actually *favor* a warm/dry tendency in the PNW, usually starting in mid/late August.

/end rant.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Phil said:

I think we’re talking about this from completely different angles.

Yes, this spring has been a cool/wet “extreme” relative to climo there. Nobody can deny that reality. 

However, in the context of the hot/sunny “extremes” during the warm season over the last decade, this is roughly on par with many of those seasons.

The pendulum was statistically “due” to swing back to cool/wet. The last thing the PNW is “due” for is a hot/dry summer.

In reality, though, it is far more complex. These patterns don’t emerge randomly…there are forcings/reasons for them. And the forcings driving the current regime are surprisingly stable/resistant to change.

Thus, to argue the pattern is due to change, is to argue the forcings/background system state are going to change, which seems unlikely since the stage for low frequency shifts in tropical forcing are set during the winter/spring, and this year went the *opposite* direction (more towards the cold phase/-ENSO mode). No coherent WWBs throughout the spring, easterly currents present across the tropical Pacific, several weeks of enhanced trades coming up, etc.

IE: A low frequency transition simply isn’t in the cards. However, that doesn’t mean higher frequency variability won’t alter the pattern transiently..in fact it’s highly likely it will. I’m watching a potential MJO transit across the Pacific in early/mid July which could force a coherent (albeit brief) +PNA/western warm spell.

And the seasonal/dynamic teleconnections begin to change in late summer, such that the present low frequency system state will actually *favor* a warm/dry tendency in the PNW, usually starting in mid/late August.

/end rant.

We are saying totally different things.  

I am not saying anything about temperatures.   

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, SilverFallsAndrew said:

Yes, don't confuse me for Phil... He's the one saying it could be a green tomato summer. I have been consistently saying I expect a much drier period later this summer. I think at latest we transition there by mid-July. So a "wet" July is possible, but we should see that transition just like we did in 2010, 11, 12, etc... I would expect a 2-3 month dry stretch at that point, so really we should see really nice weather, maybe even pleasant from at the latest mid-July through mid-September, maybe even into October this year. 

I haven’t predicted that at all.

In fact, the mid-latitude reflection of the low pass signal in tropical forcing trends warm/dry in the PNW sometime in August, and is solidly warm/dry in September.

I think the summer temperature curve will peak late, but be quite prolonged in the PNW region this year.

I’m skeptical of the seasonal model guidance that wants to termimate summer in mid-August/establish an early storm train. Goes against every analog to the present system state.

Unless Hunga Tonga somehow dramatically altered/alters the dynamics of the seasonal cycle, I don’t see why the tail end of summer wouldn’t be warm.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, FroYoBro said:

I am so tired of coming in here and having to read 10 posts of you bitching about clouds every day. You do realize how many people are struggling with real issues in the world right now? And you just come in here and complain endlessly about how depressing a little rain is. This is after we have had plenty of nice summers and springs in the last decade. 
 

You have an amazing house in an amazing location. You are financially secure and have a loving family. Please just stfu with the complaining for one day. 

We are talking about weather on here.     How does everything else you mentioned change the weather discussion?   

And I have tried to point out all the positives as well.  As many as I can find.   

  • Weenie 4

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Link to comment
Share on other sites

And again, there’s a (possible) MJO orbit across the Pacific in early/mid July that could force a period of warmth.

Probably won’t be enough to bring the monthly average above normal (if it even happens) but the idea it will be cool/troughy 24/7 through the entire summer seems quite far-fetched to me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Phil said:

I haven’t predicted that at all.

In fact, the mid-latitude reflection of the low pass signal in tropical forcing trends warm/dry in the PNW sometime in August, and is solidly warm/dry in September.

I think the summer temperature curve will peak late, but be quite prolonged in the PNW region this year.

I’m skeptical of the seasonal model guidance that wants to termimate summer in mid-August/establish an early storm train. Goes against every analog to the present system state.

Unless Hunga Tonga somehow dramatically altered/alters the dynamics of the seasonal cycle, I don’t see why the tail end of summer wouldn’t be warm.

The real wild card is Tonga.   That is my one hesitancy in terms of what will happen the rest of the summer.   But even a true volcanic summer like 1993 still turned eventually.    And almost all Nina summers also turn nice in July-Sept.  

In 1993... May was nice and then June and July were wet and cool and then August-October was very nice again.   So it was a 2-month cycle that year.     And we are at 2.5 months now.  

  • Like 1
  • Weenie 2

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Phil said:

I think we’re talking about this from completely different angles.

Yes, this spring has been a cool/wet “extreme” relative to climo there. Nobody can deny that reality. 

However, in the context of the hot/sunny “extremes” during the warm season over the last decade, this is roughly on par with many of those seasons.

The pendulum was statistically “due” to swing back to cool/wet. The last thing the PNW is “due” for is a hot/dry summer.

In reality, though, it is far more complex. These patterns don’t emerge randomly…there are forcings/reasons for them. And the forcings driving the current regime are surprisingly stable/resistant to change.

Thus, to argue the pattern is due to change, is to argue the forcings/background system state are going to change, which seems unlikely since the stage for low frequency shifts in tropical forcing are set during the winter/spring, and this year went the *opposite* direction (more towards the cold phase/-ENSO mode). No coherent WWBs throughout the spring, easterly currents present across the tropical Pacific, several weeks of enhanced trades coming up, etc.

IE: A low frequency transition simply isn’t in the cards. However, that doesn’t mean higher frequency variability won’t alter the pattern transiently..in fact it’s highly likely it will. I’m watching a potential MJO transit across the Pacific in early/mid July which could force a coherent (albeit brief) +PNA/western warm spell.

And the seasonal/dynamic teleconnections begin to change in late summer, such that the present low frequency system state will actually *favor* a warm/dry tendency in the PNW, usually starting in mid/late August.

/end rant.

Almost sounds like Richard Mann.

  • lol 2
  • Troll 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Longtimer
1 hour ago, TT-SEA said:

Yes... it will swing the other way.     And you are back to talking about feelings and outdoor plans again.   That is completely irrelevant. 

And we had 3 times the number of normal days with rain in the summer of 2019.    And 2016 is another example... way more than the usual number of days with rain.     Of course those both had relatively dry springs.  

How about if I put it this way... I absolutely love this pattern of persistent rain.    I sure wish this was normal.    But alas... it is not normal to have rain on 71 out of 75 days.   Then we would only average 20 dry days per year... but we actually average 180 days.    So sadly this cannot continue because its so far from normal.

🤣

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Dry and just cloudy here this morning... but its drizzling to the west in Issaquah and Bellevue and Seattle.  

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Longtimer
1 hour ago, SilverFallsAndrew said:

You are taking weenie to a whole new level these past few weeks. You really should head to Palm Desert or Needles for a fix. 

Seriously though, a drier stretch is inevitable. The region saw a pretty wet OND and then we turned around and saw a dry January-March (Even if you want to pretend that period was wet, it wasn't regionally.).Things flipped in a big way once we got into April, but we already know things are going to dry out in the summer, that is inevitable, and the models are all showing plenty of dry or mostly dry days ahead. 

And even a "wet" July around here will feature 24 dry days and an inch of rain.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, BLI snowman said:

And even a "wet" July around here will feature 24 dry days and an inch of rain.

Not as true up here.   

We average 24 or 25 dry days in July and 6 or 7 days with measurable rain.     But in 2019 there was 15 days with rain in July and in 2016 there was 13.     

In July 1993 we had 22 days with rain!    And then just 4 days in August and September.   Big swing.  

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Longtimer
5 minutes ago, TT-SEA said:

Not as true up here.   

We average 24 or 25 dry days in July and 6 or 7 days with measurable rain.     But in 2019 there was 15 days with rain in July and in 2016 there was 13.     

In July 1993 we had 22 days with rain!    And then just 4 days in August and September.   Big swing.  

Yes, you seem to forget that you live in a rain forest.

The vast majority of the PNW can count on July being majority dry and pleasant at worst. Never going to be cold.

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, BLI snowman said:

Yes, you seem to forget that you live in a rain forest.

The vast majority of the PNW can count on July being majority dry and pleasant at worst. Never going to be cold.

I never forget that.    I always compare actual weather to our local climo.    And somehow this rain forest still averages 180 days without rain each year.   😎

  • Troll 1
  • Weenie 2

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, BLI snowman said:

Yes, you seem to forget that you live in a rain forest.

The vast majority of the PNW can count on July being majority dry and pleasant at worst. Never going to be cold.

Side note... even SEA had rain on 15 days in July 1993 and had a departure of -6.0 with an average high of only 68.    

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Longtimer
2 minutes ago, TT-SEA said:

Side note... even SEA had rain on 15 days in July 1993 and had a departure of -6.0 with an average high of only 68.    

Cool. Sounds like it was majority dry and quite pleasant. 

  • Like 2
  • lol 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, TacomaWaWx said:

Looks kinda wet in Oregon this morning.

Looks like Andrew is about to happily get nailed.  👍

  • Storm 1

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Longtimer
2 minutes ago, TacomaWaWx said:

Looks kinda wet in Oregon this morning.

Looks like a very heavy band of rain across Linn County moving into southern Marion County. EUG has picked up 0.20" so far this morning. 

  • Like 2

Snowfall                                  Precip

2021-22: 52.6"                    2021-22: 82.13" 

2020-21: 12.0"                    2020-21: 71.59"

2019-20: 23.5"                   2019-20: 58.54"

2018-19: 63.5"                   2018-19: 66.33"

2017-18: 30.3"                   2017-18: 59.83"

2016-17: 49.2"                   2016-17: 97.58"

2015-16: 11.75"                 2015-16: 68.67"

2014-15: 3.5"
2013-14: 11.75"                  2013-14: 62.30
2012-13: 16.75"                 2012-13: 78.45  

2011-12: 98.5"                   2011-12: 92.67"

It's always sunny at Winters Hill! 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Longtimer

Roseburg up to 0.43" on the day. 

  • Like 1

Snowfall                                  Precip

2021-22: 52.6"                    2021-22: 82.13" 

2020-21: 12.0"                    2020-21: 71.59"

2019-20: 23.5"                   2019-20: 58.54"

2018-19: 63.5"                   2018-19: 66.33"

2017-18: 30.3"                   2017-18: 59.83"

2016-17: 49.2"                   2016-17: 97.58"

2015-16: 11.75"                 2015-16: 68.67"

2014-15: 3.5"
2013-14: 11.75"                  2013-14: 62.30
2012-13: 16.75"                 2012-13: 78.45  

2011-12: 98.5"                   2011-12: 92.67"

It's always sunny at Winters Hill! 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, SilverFallsAndrew said:

Looks like a very heavy band of rain across Linn County moving into southern Marion County. EUG has picked up 0.20" so far this morning. 

I wouldn’t be surprised if tiger gets more rain than me this month…he had more in April and May than I did. 

  • Like 1

Tacoma WA elevation 300’

Monthly rainfall-3.56”

Warm season rainfall-11.14”

Max temp-88

+80 highs-2

+85 highs-2

+90 highs-0

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, TT-SEA said:

Looks like Andrew is about to happily get nailed.  👍

I’m hoping to get a couple good doses of rain before we dry out…has been super wet sea-tac getting to 4” would be pretty incredible. Don’t know if they will considering we’re in mid June now but we will see. 

  • Like 2

Tacoma WA elevation 300’

Monthly rainfall-3.56”

Warm season rainfall-11.14”

Max temp-88

+80 highs-2

+85 highs-2

+90 highs-0

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, SilverFallsAndrew said:

It does look like the center of the county will bake this year. I saw a stat yesterday. DFW averages 20 100+ days a summer, but have not hit that mark in 7 years. They are due. 

That goes to show how our warmer summers lately haven't totally been from global warming or whatever you want to call it.  Much if it has to do with recent patterns and the distribution of the heat.

  • lol 1
  • Storm 1
  • Troll 1

Death To Warm Anomalies!

 

Winter 2021-22 stats

 

Total Snowfall = 14.1"

Day with 1" or more snow depth = 12

Total Hail = T

Coldest Low = 15

Lows 32 or below = 53

Highs 32 or below = 5

Lows 20 or below = 4

Highs 40 or below = 23

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Now the GEM is trending deeper with the trough and close to cutting off later in the week... which would be a little warmer and drier scenario up here.   

  • Like 1
  • Sun 1
  • Weenie 1

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, TacomaWaWx said:

I’m hoping to get a couple good doses of rain before we dry out…has been super wet sea-tac getting to 4” would be pretty incredible. Don’t know if they will considering we’re in mid June now but we will see. 

The only reason I'm somewhat on board is because it's about to end and the history of what very wet springs lead to is pretty intriguing.  I'm sick to death of gloom and rain though.

  • Like 1
  • Weenie 1

Death To Warm Anomalies!

 

Winter 2021-22 stats

 

Total Snowfall = 14.1"

Day with 1" or more snow depth = 12

Total Hail = T

Coldest Low = 15

Lows 32 or below = 53

Highs 32 or below = 5

Lows 20 or below = 4

Highs 40 or below = 23

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 and drizzling at SEA at almost 11 a.m. on this summer day.      At least its still dry out here.   

  • Sick 1

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Longtimer
2 minutes ago, TT-SEA said:

Now the GEM is trending deeper with the trough and close to cutting off later in the week... which would be a little warmer and drier scenario up here.   

GFS ensembles are pretty locked in for the 18-19th. Then it's a warm outlier by the 20th. Either way shouldn't be too wet. 

Snowfall                                  Precip

2021-22: 52.6"                    2021-22: 82.13" 

2020-21: 12.0"                    2020-21: 71.59"

2019-20: 23.5"                   2019-20: 58.54"

2018-19: 63.5"                   2018-19: 66.33"

2017-18: 30.3"                   2017-18: 59.83"

2016-17: 49.2"                   2016-17: 97.58"

2015-16: 11.75"                 2015-16: 68.67"

2014-15: 3.5"
2013-14: 11.75"                  2013-14: 62.30
2012-13: 16.75"                 2012-13: 78.45  

2011-12: 98.5"                   2011-12: 92.67"

It's always sunny at Winters Hill! 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Longtimer

Pretty impressive rain shield across NW Oregon now. Closing in on 1/4" of rain and still hanging around 47. Could have a midnight high today, it was 52 at 12am. 

Snowfall                                  Precip

2021-22: 52.6"                    2021-22: 82.13" 

2020-21: 12.0"                    2020-21: 71.59"

2019-20: 23.5"                   2019-20: 58.54"

2018-19: 63.5"                   2018-19: 66.33"

2017-18: 30.3"                   2017-18: 59.83"

2016-17: 49.2"                   2016-17: 97.58"

2015-16: 11.75"                 2015-16: 68.67"

2014-15: 3.5"
2013-14: 11.75"                  2013-14: 62.30
2012-13: 16.75"                 2012-13: 78.45  

2011-12: 98.5"                   2011-12: 92.67"

It's always sunny at Winters Hill! 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It looks like next Sunday is when things will finally really be getting better to stay.

  • Like 1

Death To Warm Anomalies!

 

Winter 2021-22 stats

 

Total Snowfall = 14.1"

Day with 1" or more snow depth = 12

Total Hail = T

Coldest Low = 15

Lows 32 or below = 53

Highs 32 or below = 5

Lows 20 or below = 4

Highs 40 or below = 23

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, SilverFallsAndrew said:

Pretty impressive rain shield across NW Oregon now. Closing in on 1/4" of rain and still hanging around 47. Could have a midnight high today, it was 52 at 12am. 

I am pleased the cold air has finally arrived.

  • Like 2
  • Snow 1

Death To Warm Anomalies!

 

Winter 2021-22 stats

 

Total Snowfall = 14.1"

Day with 1" or more snow depth = 12

Total Hail = T

Coldest Low = 15

Lows 32 or below = 53

Highs 32 or below = 5

Lows 20 or below = 4

Highs 40 or below = 23

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Pretty hard to ignore how similar this is to 1984.  I still remember it being pretty ugly in May and June that year.  We then went on to have a great summer, cold fall / winter, and a very dry / cold 1985.

  • Like 1

Death To Warm Anomalies!

 

Winter 2021-22 stats

 

Total Snowfall = 14.1"

Day with 1" or more snow depth = 12

Total Hail = T

Coldest Low = 15

Lows 32 or below = 53

Highs 32 or below = 5

Lows 20 or below = 4

Highs 40 or below = 23

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Longtimer

6-hour rainfall

Roseburg 0.66"

Medford 0.37"

Ontario 0.32"

EUG 0.29"

  • Like 5

Snowfall                                  Precip

2021-22: 52.6"                    2021-22: 82.13" 

2020-21: 12.0"                    2020-21: 71.59"

2019-20: 23.5"                   2019-20: 58.54"

2018-19: 63.5"                   2018-19: 66.33"

2017-18: 30.3"                   2017-18: 59.83"

2016-17: 49.2"                   2016-17: 97.58"

2015-16: 11.75"                 2015-16: 68.67"

2014-15: 3.5"
2013-14: 11.75"                  2013-14: 62.30
2012-13: 16.75"                 2012-13: 78.45  

2011-12: 98.5"                   2011-12: 92.67"

It's always sunny at Winters Hill! 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Longtimer

71 degree goodness! The Columbia is COLD though! 

22258A60-DD02-4518-AA20-59BF43ED97B7.jpeg

  • Like 2
  • Snow 1

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share


×
×
  • Create New...