Jump to content
The Weather Forums

June 2022 - Summer Begins


Recommended Posts

  • Longtimer
19 minutes ago, Doiinko said:

Something that surprised me was that February 1989, while much briefer, put up more impressive temps at PDX than December 1990. Neither of them had much snow here though. I've heard more about 1990, so I thought it would've been the colder one. I guess the sustained cold with 1990 with 7 consecutive subfreezing highs made it more memorable? Also, how did PDX record a high of 15 with no precipitation? That's crazy to think about

December 1990 and February 1989 were on two different levels synoptically. 1989 was more of a black swan setup while 1990 was an amped up version of a more traditional setup.  

  • Like 1

My preferences can beat up your preferences’ dad.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, MV_snow said:

Question for those of you that enjoy cool and wetter spring and summer weather: would you be ok if we just plain didn’t get a summer this year and the weather we’ve had so far in June continued into July and August? Is this simply to “make up” for the touchiness of recent summers? I thought this weather was refreshing at first and a nice change of pace, but I gotta admit it’s getting to me. Maybe my memory is too short but the touchiness of last summer seems like a long time ago now and I’m ready for at least a week of 70s and sun, which has been too much to ask.
 

It’s also funny hearing everyone in real life b!tching all the time and then coming on here and finding over half the forum loves it.

rizzo-grease.gif

A forum for the end of the world.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Longtimer
1 minute ago, Front Ranger said:

I hope someone took a picture of you taking a picture of this.

There was another couple standing next to us who bummed us out when they told us we missed the ACTION a few minutes earlier. A homeless fella apparently rode his bike through it and fell down in the process. Nina springs are magical.

  • Like 2
  • Rain 1
  • scream 1

My preferences can beat up your preferences’ dad.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Meatyorologist said:

yea. it's been sunny enough at my place, almost every day there's at least a few hours of direct sunlight, even on the cloudiest days. not only is sfc mixing maximized this time of year, but the sun is simply above the horizon for a much larger portion of the day, so statistically speaking it's more likely to fit a period of sunshine in there.

outdoor activities are very enjoyable. the heating and water bills are down. there haven't been any heat deaths.

The lack of sun has been pretty noticeable away from the water.     And normally there are at least a few totally sunny days mixed in.    There has just been no break in the pattern.   Right now we have clouds from the next system overrunning the leftover low clouds from this current trough which just spent 5 days parked over us.   

Just a couple 3-day periods of region wide sunny days would have made a world of difference.   Those literally happen every year.   But has not happened once since late March.    And a couple 3-day periods of region wide sunny weather with everything else being the same would have zero negative impact... and would probably have helped the vegetation.    

  • Weenie 2

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, TT-SEA said:

Touchiness or torchiness?   Or both?   😀

Obviously some people on here would love it to stay in the 50s and 60s and be cloudy all summer.  Every summer.  Whatever.   They come together here to celebrate their similar views because they certainly know that most people in the real world are not happy with this weather.    And I will say that most people around here in the real world dislike heat as well.  Me included.  But for some reason... the only choices offered are melting in heat and breathing smoke or rarely seeing the sun and have it perpetually raining or about to rain.    The middle ground is never a choice.  

Even the coldest, most extreme Arctic-express summers feature plentiful days in the 70s, multiple days in the 80s, and very dry weather, in addition to a decent amount of sunshine hours, particularly in the afternoon.

The problem is that most of these summers you harken on about where every single day is between 75-85 all summer from June through August almost always results in a smokefest somewhere in the PNW by August. 2018 was like that, so was 2020, and 2021 (ignoring the massive June heat dome.) Seattle got pretty lucky last year with the smoke, considering it was a 1970s Alaskan Airlines flight in Spokane for the majority of the summer.

  • Like 3

Weather stats for MBY

Snowfall:

-Total snowfall since joining: 45.25"

-2018-19: 21"

-2019-20: 2.5"

-2020-21: 13"

-2021-22: 8.75"

-Most recent snowfall: 0.25”; February 24th, 2022

-Largest snowfall (single storm): 8.5"; February 12-13, 2021

-Largest snow depth: 14"; 1:30am February 12th, 2019

Temperatures:

-Warmest: 109F; June 28th, 2021

-Coldest: 13F; December 27th, 2021

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, TT-SEA said:

Touchiness or torchiness?   Or both?   😀

Obviously some people on here would love it to stay in the 50s and 60s and be cloudy all summer.  Every summer.  Whatever.   They come together here to celebrate their similar views because they certainly know that most people in the real world are not happy with this weather.    And I will say that most people around here hate heat as well.  Me included.  But for some reason... the only choices offered are melting in heat and breathing smoke or rarely seeing the sun and have it perpetually raining or about to rain.    The middle ground is never a choice.  

No, we’re all fine with average weather. It’s the equating 118°F last June with 57°F this June that irks us (“both extremes”). They’re not even close to the same level, yet you’ve managed to complain more about consistent drizzle than anyone ever did about last June’s absurd heatwave.

I was at Salt Creek near Port Angeles last heatwave during low tide, I saw the sea life suffering and dying. It was horrible. We’re just celebrating that this year hasn’t trended in that direction. And we all know this July through September is going to be fantastic, partially because of our cool wet Spring. 

 

  • Like 6
  • Sun 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, 1000'NorthBend said:

No, we’re all fine with average weather. It’s the equating 118°F last June with 57°F this June that irks us (“both extremes”). They’re not even close to the same level, yet you’ve managed to complain more about consistent drizzle than anyone ever did about last June’s absurd heatwave.

I was at Salt Creek near Port Angeles last heatwave during low tide, I saw the sea life suffering and dying. It was horrible. We’re just celebrating that this year hasn’t trended in that direction. And we all know this July through September is going to be fantastic, partially because of our cool wet Spring. 

 

Dude... the heat wave was 3 days.   And I hated every second of it.   Way more than I have disliked this spring and now early summer.    But it's hard to get in months of posts in 3 or 4 days of pure misery.    Obviously this has gone on much longer and you see us talking about it every day.

  • Downvote 1
  • Troll 1

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, TT-SEA said:

Dude... the heat wave was 3 days.   And I hated every second of it.   Way more than I have disliked this spring and now early summer.    But it's hard to get in months of posts in 3 or 4 days of pure misery.    Obviously this has gone on much longer and you see us talking about it every day.

Not talking about the heat dome... I mean the months of bone dry weather and 75-85F temps.

  • Like 1

Weather stats for MBY

Snowfall:

-Total snowfall since joining: 45.25"

-2018-19: 21"

-2019-20: 2.5"

-2020-21: 13"

-2021-22: 8.75"

-Most recent snowfall: 0.25”; February 24th, 2022

-Largest snowfall (single storm): 8.5"; February 12-13, 2021

-Largest snow depth: 14"; 1:30am February 12th, 2019

Temperatures:

-Warmest: 109F; June 28th, 2021

-Coldest: 13F; December 27th, 2021

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Deweydog said:

There was another couple standing next to us who bummed us out when they told us we missed the ACTION a few minutes earlier. A homeless fella apparently rode his bike through it and fell down in the process. Nina springs are magical.

Interesting. A few ponderings...

1. How did they know he was homeless?

2. If he was homeless, he was doing better than most homeless folks here, having a bike.

3. Why is Tim liking a post about a mishap to a homeless man? Oh...

  • Like 1

A forum for the end of the world.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Meatyorologist said:

Not talking about the heat dome... I mean the months of bone dry weather and 75-85F temps.

That was a response to another post... specifically about the heat wave.

  • Sun 1
  • Weenie 1

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Longtimer
38 minutes ago, Doiinko said:

Something that surprised me was that February 1989, while much briefer, put up more impressive temps at PDX than December 1990. Neither of them had much snow here though. I've heard more about 1990, so I thought it would've been the colder one. I guess the sustained cold with 1990 with 7 consecutive subfreezing highs made it more memorable? Also, how did PDX record a high of 15 with no precipitation? That's crazy to think about

The low level cold air advection (and resulting gorge outflow) was just very intense with both of those. On that 15 degree day, winds were generally 45-60mph in Portland and there was still fairly thick overcast.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, BLI snowman said:

I view it two ways:

1. If this summer is going to just be unbelievably cold and historic, with record rains throughout then I'm all for it. Cold weather extremes are exciting to me and a total novelty in this day and age. So if hypothetically we were going to just skip summer this year, then I guess I really do hope we go big with it and see something crazy.

2. If a warm pattern breaks through and we finally start to see some 80+ weather then that could be great too. Our average PNW summer weather is wonderful. Keyword being average. All I ask is that we can avoid prolonged torching and actually stay reasonably mild and pleasant. There's absolutely nothing wrong with our usual summer sunshine, but lately during the warm season we've had a really difficult time pairing that with the "not torching" part.

And to answer your question, yes, I do view it as a marginal evening of the score if we basically take the summer off. I've grown pretty weary of the season lately. And in actuality anything that happens this year still won't even be close to evening out what we've seen in the summers since 2013.

Ultimately I'm fine with literally whatever as long as it's not more prolonged heat/fires. As I said earlier, even a "cold" summer here is still insanely pleasant, so bitching about some partly cloudy days in the 60s and low 70s with occasional sprinkles peppered through the week just seems funny to me in comparison to what other regions go through during the season.

This. The literal coldest case outcome is objectively enjoyable.

  • Like 5

Weather stats for MBY

Snowfall:

-Total snowfall since joining: 45.25"

-2018-19: 21"

-2019-20: 2.5"

-2020-21: 13"

-2021-22: 8.75"

-Most recent snowfall: 0.25”; February 24th, 2022

-Largest snowfall (single storm): 8.5"; February 12-13, 2021

-Largest snow depth: 14"; 1:30am February 12th, 2019

Temperatures:

-Warmest: 109F; June 28th, 2021

-Coldest: 13F; December 27th, 2021

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, 1000'NorthBend said:

No, we’re all fine with average weather. It’s the equating 118°F last June with 57°F this June that irks us (“both extremes”). They’re not even close to the same level, yet you’ve managed to complain more about consistent drizzle than anyone ever did about last June’s absurd heatwave.

I was at Salt Creek near Port Angeles last heatwave during low tide, I saw the sea life suffering and dying. It was horrible. We’re just celebrating that this year hasn’t trended in that direction. And we all know this July through September is going to be fantastic, partially because of our cool wet Spring. 

 

That second paragraph hurts to read. Awful.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I am still waiting for a short 3-4 day period of sunshine across the entire region to feel like summer has actually started.    That is absolutely a given every year.    It so simple... but the lack of that has become the worst aspect of this for me.  

  • Weenie 4

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Atmospheric CO2 is DECREASING right now... 😱

  • Confused 1
  • scream 1

Weather stats for MBY

Snowfall:

-Total snowfall since joining: 45.25"

-2018-19: 21"

-2019-20: 2.5"

-2020-21: 13"

-2021-22: 8.75"

-Most recent snowfall: 0.25”; February 24th, 2022

-Largest snowfall (single storm): 8.5"; February 12-13, 2021

-Largest snow depth: 14"; 1:30am February 12th, 2019

Temperatures:

-Warmest: 109F; June 28th, 2021

-Coldest: 13F; December 27th, 2021

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Longtimer
18 minutes ago, Front Ranger said:

Interesting. A few ponderings...

1. How did they know he was homeless?

2. If he was homeless, he was doing better than most homeless folks here, having a bike.

3. Why is Tim liking a post about a mishap to a homeless man? Oh...

All the homeless have bikes here.

  • scream 1
  • Troll 1

Snowfall                                  Precip

2021-22: 52.6"                    2021-22: 82.13" 

2020-21: 12.0"                    2020-21: 71.59"

2019-20: 23.5"                   2019-20: 58.54"

2018-19: 63.5"                   2018-19: 66.33"

2017-18: 30.3"                   2017-18: 59.83"

2016-17: 49.2"                   2016-17: 97.58"

2015-16: 11.75"                 2015-16: 68.67"

2014-15: 3.5"
2013-14: 11.75"                  2013-14: 62.30
2012-13: 16.75"                 2012-13: 78.45  

2011-12: 98.5"                   2011-12: 92.67"

It's always sunny at Winters Hill! 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Longtimer
20 minutes ago, Front Ranger said:

Interesting. A few ponderings...

1. How did they know he was homeless?

2. If he was homeless, he was doing better than most homeless folks here, having a bike.

3. Why is Tim liking a post about a mishap to a homeless man? Oh...

1. Blatant profiling.

2. Really common in the PNW.

3. Because Tim is the DEVIL.

  • Like 1
  • Downvote 1

My preferences can beat up your preferences’ dad.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Longtimer
14 minutes ago, Meatyorologist said:

This. The literal coldest case outcome is objectively enjoyable.

 The hottest extremes in the summer are just a completely different animal while the coldest extremes cause no real issues outside of moldy tomatoes.

And if we're being fair here then of course the coldest extremes in the winter are also far worse than the warmest extremes from a livelihood impact standpoint. So of course we're biased and all that... yadda yadda yadda. I'm fine with that.

  • Like 7
  • scream 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Longtimer
18 minutes ago, TT-SEA said:

I am still waiting for a short 3-4 day period of sunshine across the entire region to feel like summer has actually started.    That is absolutely a given every year.    It so simple... but the lack of that has become the worst aspect of this for me.  

Do you promise to not post a rainy days percentage stat for at least a whole month if/when that happens?

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Popcorn 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, BLI snowman said:

 The hottest extremes in the summer are just a completely different animal while the coldest extremes cause no real issues outside of moldy tomatoes.

And if we're being fair here then of course the coldest extremes in the winter are also far worse than the warmest extremes from a livelihood impact standpoint. So of course we're biased and all that... yadda yadda yadda. I'm fine with that.

If it comes down to native salmonberries and tomatoes from Greece, you can probably guess which one I'd prefer to save.

  • Like 3

Weather stats for MBY

Snowfall:

-Total snowfall since joining: 45.25"

-2018-19: 21"

-2019-20: 2.5"

-2020-21: 13"

-2021-22: 8.75"

-Most recent snowfall: 0.25”; February 24th, 2022

-Largest snowfall (single storm): 8.5"; February 12-13, 2021

-Largest snow depth: 14"; 1:30am February 12th, 2019

Temperatures:

-Warmest: 109F; June 28th, 2021

-Coldest: 13F; December 27th, 2021

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Longtimer

Beautiful evening despite the morning rain. 

49250235-1FAA-4ABD-AE76-F2D230E76632.jpeg

  • Like 9

Snowfall                                  Precip

2021-22: 52.6"                    2021-22: 82.13" 

2020-21: 12.0"                    2020-21: 71.59"

2019-20: 23.5"                   2019-20: 58.54"

2018-19: 63.5"                   2018-19: 66.33"

2017-18: 30.3"                   2017-18: 59.83"

2016-17: 49.2"                   2016-17: 97.58"

2015-16: 11.75"                 2015-16: 68.67"

2014-15: 3.5"
2013-14: 11.75"                  2013-14: 62.30
2012-13: 16.75"                 2012-13: 78.45  

2011-12: 98.5"                   2011-12: 92.67"

It's always sunny at Winters Hill! 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

My roommate is set to bring me as many hot dogs as he can from his work tomorrow. I'll show you pansies who the real weenie is.

  • Weenie 3

Weather stats for MBY

Snowfall:

-Total snowfall since joining: 45.25"

-2018-19: 21"

-2019-20: 2.5"

-2020-21: 13"

-2021-22: 8.75"

-Most recent snowfall: 0.25”; February 24th, 2022

-Largest snowfall (single storm): 8.5"; February 12-13, 2021

-Largest snow depth: 14"; 1:30am February 12th, 2019

Temperatures:

-Warmest: 109F; June 28th, 2021

-Coldest: 13F; December 27th, 2021

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, BLI snowman said:

Do you promise to not post a rainy days percentage stat for at least a whole month if/when that happens?

It will give you some incentive to cheer for nice weather... but good luck trying to find it.   It won't happen.  

  • Like 1
  • Weenie 3

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, Meatyorologist said:

yea. it's been sunny enough at my place, almost every day there's at least a few hours of direct sunlight, even on the cloudiest days. not only is sfc mixing maximized this time of year, but the sun is simply above the horizon for a much larger portion of the day, so statistically speaking it's more likely to fit a period of sunshine in there.

outdoor activities are very enjoyable. the heating and water bills are down. there haven't been any heat deaths.

I think that is one of the differences between living in the foothills vs closer to the water. We have had basically zero sun since Saturday. The gloom tends to lock in here a little better. My in-laws live in Sumner, and they always comment about how much darker it gets every time they head east towards MV.

I do love a dynamic showers, sunbreaks and storms type of troughy pattern, and fortunately we’ve had plenty of those this spring. It’s just when the gloom settles in for several days that gets on my nerves… it’s not like our window for nice weather is that long anyway.

appreciate your perspective though.

  • Like 1
  • Weenie 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, TT-SEA said:

Touchiness or torchiness?   Or both?   😀

Obviously some people on here would love it to stay in the 50s and 60s and be cloudy all summer.  Every summer.  Whatever.   They come together here to celebrate their similar views because they certainly know that most people in the real world are not happy with this weather.    And I will say that most people around here in the real world don't care for heat either.  Me included.  But for some reason... the only choices offered are melting in heat and breathing smoke or rarely seeing the sun and have it perpetually raining or about to rain.    The middle ground is never a choice.  

Yes, torchiness lol.

I would venture to say that less than 5 percent of the general population here (pulling that number out of my a$$) would want cold and gloom all summer, but they are over represented on this forum. I do wonder if they would feel the same way if we were coming off a bunch of cool summers in a row (i.e. do they really like that weather or do they just want more variety).

  • Weenie 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, BLI snowman said:

I view it two ways:

1. If this summer is going to just be unbelievably cold and historic, with record rains throughout then I'm all for it. Cold weather extremes are exciting to me and a total novelty in this day and age. So if hypothetically we were going to just skip summer this year, then I guess I really do hope we go big with it and see something crazy.

2. If a warm pattern breaks through and we finally start to see some 80+ weather then that could be great too. Our average PNW summer weather is wonderful. Keyword being average. All I ask is that we can avoid prolonged torching and actually stay reasonably mild and pleasant. There's absolutely nothing wrong with our usual summer sunshine, but lately during the warm season we've had a really difficult time pairing that with the "not torching" part.

And to answer your question, yes, I do view it as a marginal evening of the score if we basically take the summer off. I've grown pretty weary of the season lately. And in actuality anything that happens this year still won't even be close to evening out what we've seen in the summers since 2013.

Ultimately I'm fine with literally whatever as long as it's not more prolonged heat/fires. As I said earlier, even a "cold" summer here is still insanely pleasant, so bitching about some partly cloudy days in the 60s and low 70s with occasional sprinkles peppered through the week just seems funny to me in comparison to what other regions go through during the season.

Thanks for that perspective. I think we can both agree that 60s and gloom all summer is far superior to a summer where ANY day reaches 116 degrees. Although certainly a balance would be best. 

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, SilverFallsAndrew said:

All the homeless have bikes here.

I mean, I used to live there and don't remember that. Guess things changed.

Here, a lot of the homeless folks (at least in the city) tend to prefer staying in one general area where there really is no need for a bike. Or they push around a cart full of all sorts of items.

A forum for the end of the world.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Friday into Saturday looking increasingly whet

  • Like 1
  • Sick 1

Weather stats for MBY

Snowfall:

-Total snowfall since joining: 45.25"

-2018-19: 21"

-2019-20: 2.5"

-2020-21: 13"

-2021-22: 8.75"

-Most recent snowfall: 0.25”; February 24th, 2022

-Largest snowfall (single storm): 8.5"; February 12-13, 2021

-Largest snow depth: 14"; 1:30am February 12th, 2019

Temperatures:

-Warmest: 109F; June 28th, 2021

-Coldest: 13F; December 27th, 2021

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Both Saturday and Sunday may stay in the 50s according to the GFS with thick cloudcover. Juneuary continues.

  • Like 1
  • Sick 1

Weather stats for MBY

Snowfall:

-Total snowfall since joining: 45.25"

-2018-19: 21"

-2019-20: 2.5"

-2020-21: 13"

-2021-22: 8.75"

-Most recent snowfall: 0.25”; February 24th, 2022

-Largest snowfall (single storm): 8.5"; February 12-13, 2021

-Largest snow depth: 14"; 1:30am February 12th, 2019

Temperatures:

-Warmest: 109F; June 28th, 2021

-Coldest: 13F; December 27th, 2021

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, TT-SEA said:

Then it flips on Sunday... with Seattle around 70 while in the 50s down in western OR.  

gfs-deterministic-washington-t2m_f_max6-5683200.png

Good news.    The 00Z GFS does away with splitting the weekend.   Highs in the 50s both days in the Seattle area.    Summer perfection.   We get 12 summer weekends a year... always nice when they are March-like.    I am sure we will have a 70-degree sunny weekend in December when days are 23 minutes long.  

  • Sick 1
  • Weenie 3

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Link to comment
Share on other sites

image.png

Now that's a marine layer day sounding if I've ever seen one... This is low 50s and drizzle all day verbatim, given strong convergence and plentiful moisture. July 4th climo before 2013... ;)

  • Like 1
  • Sick 1

Weather stats for MBY

Snowfall:

-Total snowfall since joining: 45.25"

-2018-19: 21"

-2019-20: 2.5"

-2020-21: 13"

-2021-22: 8.75"

-Most recent snowfall: 0.25”; February 24th, 2022

-Largest snowfall (single storm): 8.5"; February 12-13, 2021

-Largest snow depth: 14"; 1:30am February 12th, 2019

Temperatures:

-Warmest: 109F; June 28th, 2021

-Coldest: 13F; December 27th, 2021

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We’re at 2 sub 60 days so far this June…haven’t had more than 2 in any year since 2012. Might get 3 or 4 this year. 

  • Like 1

Tacoma WA elevation 300’

Monthly rainfall-3.56”

Warm season rainfall-11.14”

Max temp-88

+80 highs-2

+85 highs-2

+90 highs-0

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Meatyorologist said:

image.png

Now that's a marine layer day sounding if I've ever seen one... This is low 50s and drizzle all day verbatim, given strong convergence and plentiful moisture. July 4th climo before 2013... ;)

 

Somehow that weak little trough is going to make this weekend even worse than last weekend with that massive trough following the AR event.    You would think we would have earned one nice weekend day at least.

  • Weenie 4

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, TT-SEA said:

 

Somehow that weak little trough is going to make this weekend even worse than last weekend with that massive trough following the AR event.    You would think we would have earned one nice weekend day at least.

It's not set in stone just yet. These low level marine layer setups are fickle, as you know well. Small adjustments in trough depth, strength, and trajectory, as well as marine layer depth, could spell the difference between a 52°F drizzlefest and a gradually clearing afternoon peaking in the 60s.

I'd be more worried if I were you if there were a defined stratoform frontal system, which is lacking come Sunday. Saturday is actually fairly nice on the Euro, which I tend to agree with. Most global models tend to retain precip for too long and fail to mix things properly, hence the GFS keeping backing nimbostratus and weak sfc heating into the evening Saturday.

My guess is Saturday clears out w/ highs in the low-mid 60s. Sunday a stable marine layer comes in, bringing dreary skies, spotty drizzle, and highs in the mid 50s to around 60.

  • Like 1

Weather stats for MBY

Snowfall:

-Total snowfall since joining: 45.25"

-2018-19: 21"

-2019-20: 2.5"

-2020-21: 13"

-2021-22: 8.75"

-Most recent snowfall: 0.25”; February 24th, 2022

-Largest snowfall (single storm): 8.5"; February 12-13, 2021

-Largest snow depth: 14"; 1:30am February 12th, 2019

Temperatures:

-Warmest: 109F; June 28th, 2021

-Coldest: 13F; December 27th, 2021

Link to comment
Share on other sites

ICON has highs in the 50s Friday through Sunday.

  • Popcorn 1
  • Snow 1
  • Sick 1

Weather stats for MBY

Snowfall:

-Total snowfall since joining: 45.25"

-2018-19: 21"

-2019-20: 2.5"

-2020-21: 13"

-2021-22: 8.75"

-Most recent snowfall: 0.25”; February 24th, 2022

-Largest snowfall (single storm): 8.5"; February 12-13, 2021

-Largest snow depth: 14"; 1:30am February 12th, 2019

Temperatures:

-Warmest: 109F; June 28th, 2021

-Coldest: 13F; December 27th, 2021

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Longtimer

It’s soon going to become a very delicate balance between Tim freaking out and people freaking out about Tim. Timteresting times ahead!

  • Excited 1
  • lol 2
  • Popcorn 2
  • Sad 1
  • Snow 1
  • Downvote 1
  • Troll 1
  • Weenie 1

My preferences can beat up your preferences’ dad.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ha, the GFS is actually colder than the Canadian and EPS next weekend/early next week. Don’t see that too often. :lol: 

I’ll wager that is overdone.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, TT-SEA said:

Good news.    The 00Z GFS does away with splitting the weekend.   Highs in the 50s both days in the Seattle area.    Summer perfection.   We get 12 summer weekends a year... always nice when they are March-like.    I am sure we will have a 70-degree sunny weekend in December when days are 23 minutes long.  

Highest temperature of the month of June so far in San Diego: 71 F

Compare that to a max of 95 F in April, a max of 91 F in February, a max of 85 F in March, a max of 81 F in May and a max of 77 F in January.

  • Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Weenie 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, Deweydog said:

It’s soon going to become a very delicate balance between Tim freaking out and people freaking out about Tim. Timteresting times ahead!

Well apparently that means we won't even be able to manage a short 3-day sunny break... so I should just give up even looking for it.   Pretty brutal when I am admiring 1955.   :(

  • Angry 1
  • Troll 1
  • Weenie 2

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Mr Marine Layer said:

Highest temperature of the month of June so far in San Diego: 71 F

Compare that to a max of 95 F in April, a max of 91 F in February, a max of 85 F in March, a max of 81 F in May and a max of 77 F in January.

Look, San Diego is it's own state and no one really cares about that hole. If you want to see high averages, talk about cities that aren't San Diego, LA, San Francisco or Sacramento. There are much more reputable cities to talk about the extremes in weather.

  • lol 1
  • Popcorn 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Longtimer
15 minutes ago, TT-SEA said:

Well apparently that means we won't even be able to manage a short 3-day sunny break... so I should just give up even looking for it.   Pretty brutal when I am admiring 1955.   :(

You will get just as much as sun as God decides you deserve. And you’ll be happy about it. The end.

  • Thanks 1
  • Weenie 1

My preferences can beat up your preferences’ dad.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Deweydog said:

You will get just as much as sun as God decides you deserve. And you’ll be happy about it. The end.

Meanie.  

Death To Warm Anomalies!

 

Winter 2021-22 stats

 

Total Snowfall = 14.1"

Day with 1" or more snow depth = 12

Total Hail = T

Coldest Low = 15

Lows 32 or below = 53

Highs 32 or below = 5

Lows 20 or below = 4

Highs 40 or below = 23

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share


×
×
  • Create New...