June 2022 - Summer Begins

TT-SEA

11 minutes ago, Phil said:

Satanic, soul crushing, death inducing heat is everywhere (except Tim’s oasis).

Can Tim get 3 consecutive dry days?

Good news... I will probably never live to see a more miserable April-June period in my life.   And it almost has to get better now!

• Like 1
  • Excited 1
  • lol 1
  • Weenie 2

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

11 minutes ago, Cascadia_Wx said:

For the Southeastern US, Atlanta looks a little more insufferable in terms of duration. Still child’s play compared to the heat we saw last year, though. Although humidity will probably make it feel just as bad if not worse.

C534C52D-A316-4FC2-AC50-CB632A682E82.png

Tbf, 102°F with a dewpoint of 80°F is a lot harder on the body than 115°F with a dewpoint of 50°F.

Though the dry 115°F would be much harder on infrastructure.

4 minutes ago, Cascadia_Wx said:

Three dry days seems like such an arbitrary goalpost. Is that the time it take to make homemade jerky outside? Re-enact Woodstock? Move a body?

It normally does not rain every frickin day.   You want to know why people hate this pattern... because our usual breaks have been missing.   It's so simple.    You rain lovers just don't get it.   We can have very wet patterns that are still tolerable because we get meaningful breaks.   This April-June takes the cake in terms of misery.   Bar none.  And almost everyone in the real world agrees. 

Doesn't matter though.   Nature is a b*tch sometimes.

• Weenie 6

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

1 minute ago, TT-SEA said:

It normally does not rain every frickin day.   You want to know why people hate this pattern... because our usual breaks have been missing.   It's so simple.    You rain lovers just don't get it.   We can have very wet patterns that are still tolerable because we get meaningful breaks.   This April-June takes the cake in terms of misery.   Bar none.  And almost everyone in the real world agrees. 

Doesn't matter though.   Nature is a b*tch sometimes.

I remember you really hated 2011 when it was happening. Said pretty much the same thing, that it was the worst spring of your lifetime.

You sure this one is worse?

• Like 2

I work outside most days, for the record. It’s been a wet spring, definitely been using the rain gear! Honestly, spending 80% of every work day in a climate controlled home officing bellyaching about PERSISTENT RAINFALL on a weather forum sounds a lot worse than working in the outdoors, regardless of the weather.

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

Summer ☀️ grows while Winter ❄️  goes

9 minutes ago, Phil said:

I remember you really hated 2011 when it was happening. Said pretty much the same thing, that it was the worst spring of your lifetime.

You sure this one is worse?

The bar has been lowered so far.   I didn't even think this was possible.    Now I know.  2011 was sooooo much better.   So much more sun.   The clouds and darkness overall since early April has been just terrible even for a place known for darkness and rain.  Like off the charts.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Weenie 2

1 minute ago, Cascadia_Wx said:

I work outside most days, for the record. It’s been a wet spring, definitely been using the rain gear! Honestly, spending 80% of every work day in a climate controlled home officing bellyaching about PERSISTENT RAINFALL on a weather forum sounds a lot worse than working in the outdoors, regardless of the weather.

I don't give a crap.   It's been depressing no matter where you work.    Ask around Jesse.

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

2 minutes ago, Cascadia_Wx said:

It's much more cheery when the sun is out, especially if you have a window view. But we're all wired differently.

• Weenie 1

3 minutes ago, Cascadia_Wx said:

I’ve met literally no one in the real world who has complained about this pattern unprovoked. It’s pretty much just some posters here and the people they constantly talk about knowing.

Sure Jesse.   Got it.  

Ask around.   Most people find this depressing.   Even people who love rain.   It's been so unreasonable in terms of persistence.

And it is what it is.  No one is going to change it by complaining.  It has sucked and I am happy to know that it will probably never happen again to this degree.  

• Weenie 1

On the first day of summer my true love gave to me ... overcast skies with more shade than a million trees

On the second day of summer my true love gave to me ... two forecast rainstorms ... and overcast skies with more shade than a million trees

On the third day of summer my true love gave to me ... three hours of drizzle ... two forecast rainstorms ... and overcast skies with more shade than a million trees

• Downvote 1

18 minutes ago, Cascadia_Wx said:

I’ve met literally no one in the real world who has complained about this pattern unprovoked. It’s pretty much just some posters here and the people they constantly talk about knowing.

I have to agree with you, I never hear anyone when out and about just randomly lamenting the weather that is occurring unless someone mentions something or asks the proverbial "heh, how bout this weather" which virtually never happens either, maybe once every 15 or 20 trips in to populated areas with stores we need to visit.  And this is a gods honest opinion and observational fact.

Edited by GHweatherChris
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, GHweatherChris said:

I have to agree with you, I never hear anyone when out and about just randomly lamenting the weather that is occurring unless someone mentions something or asks the proverbial "heh, how bout this weather" which virtually never happens either, maybe once every 15 or 20 trips in to populated areas with stores we need to visit.  And this is a gods honest opinion and observational fact.

Everyone knows its pointless.  I don't hear people randomly complaining either.   But if you talk to people in a meaningful way its almost universal right now.  And of course it is.   It's been ridiculous.    I am sure people in Texas feel the same.  Nature is being a persistent b*tch.

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

1 minute ago, TT-SEA said:

Everyone knows its pointless.  I don't hear people randomly complaining either.   But if you talk to people in a meaningful way its almost universal right now.  And of course it is.   It's been ridiculous.    I am sure people in Texas feel the same.  Nature is being a persistent b*tch.

I never have the urge to talk with my fellow citizens in the real world about the weather, not even sure how to start a meaningful conversation to get them to state how unhappy they are about the weather without literally saying "are you as mad about this weather we have been having as I am".  Again, just my opinion, a meaningful conversation to me would never be focused on weather.

• Like 2

This is probably all for the preferences thread…I have a couple co-workers myself included who love this weather.  It’s better than the oppressive heat in other parts of the country is me and my managers opinion. Overall I’ve heard a ton of negative comments about the weather overall though from customers and most co-workers. Personally I carry around little buttons with weenies on them and pin them on their shirts to let ‘em know they’re being weenies. 

• Like 3
  • lol 1
  • Weenie 1

Tacoma WA elevation 300’

Monthly rainfall-3.56”

Warm season rainfall-11.14”

Max temp-88

+80 highs-2

+85 highs-2

+90 highs-0

Just now, GHweatherChris said:

I never have the urge to talk with my fellow citizens in the real world about the weather, not even sure how to start a meaningful conversation to get them to state how unhappy they are about the weather without literally saying "are you as mad about this weather we have been having as I am".  Again, just my opinion, a meaningful conversation to me would never be focused on weather.

I avoid it completely.  I hate talking weather with random people.   Seriously hate it.   I am talking about co-workers and friends and family and my kids friends and their families etc.

Picked up 0.24” today not bad. Been getting some sprinkles but nothing measurable since earlier this afternoon. Up to 3.56” this month May get more the next couple days we will see. 

Tacoma WA elevation 300’

Monthly rainfall-3.56”

Warm season rainfall-11.14”

Max temp-88

+80 highs-2

+85 highs-2

+90 highs-0

2 minutes ago, TT-SEA said:

I avoid it completely.  I hate talking weather with random people.   Seriously hate it.   I am talking about co-workers and friends and family and my kids friends and their families etc.

Seems like that is your fault, there is no way you only complain on here about it, they hear you verbally or on FB or something and there you go. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, GHweatherChris said:

Seems like that is your fault, there is no way you only complain on here about it, they hear you verbally or on FB or something and there you go. 

Ohhh I assure you I only complain about it on here.   I don't say anything to other people about my true feelings.  Or I just mindlessly agree with them.    My wife and kids do ask all the time about specific days or when it will stop raining and I have told them about a million times that we probably have to wait until July.

• Rain 1

1 hour ago, snow_wizard said:

There is some connection between extreme monsoon years in India and big NW winters.  For example the wettest month ever recorded on Earth was 366 inches in July 1861, and the wettest year ever recorded was 1985 with 1000 inches in areas near this location.  Both of those years led to extraordinarily extreme blocking episodes that froze the balls off the NW.  Small sample size obviously, but there is some connection.

Interestingly both years had exceptional summer weather in the NW after June.

That's an interesting correlation. I'd like to see a bigger sample size but I'm hoping it holds true for this upcoming winter and we get at least one big Arctic Blast.

8 minutes ago, Frontal Snowsquall said:

That's an interesting correlation. I'd like to see a bigger sample size but I'm hoping it holds true for this upcoming winter and we get at least one big Arctic Blast.

Yeah, I hope the Arctic air makes it to the south valley as well though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cascadia_Wx said:

In all fairness Jesse this is a weather forum. If there's anywhere to talk about the raininess this Spring it'll be here.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Weather stats for MBY

Snowfall:

-Total snowfall since joining: 50.25"

-2018-19: 21"

-2019-20: 2.5"

-2020-21: 13"

-2021-22: 8.75"

-2022-23: 5.75"

-2023-24*: 0.25"

-Most recent snowfall: 0.25”; January 17th, 2024

-Largest snowfall (single storm): 8.5"; February 12-13, 2021

-Largest snow depth: 14"; 1:30am February 12th, 2019

Temperatures:

-Warmest: 109F; June 28th, 2021

-Coldest: 13F; December 27th, 2021

-Phreeze Count 2023-24: 31

1 hour ago, Cascadia_Wx said:

Complaining about a troll ruining the atmosphere in the precious PNW thread on the weather forums sounds a lot worse than going outside on hot afternoon in Southern Washington.

16 minutes ago, Meatyorologist said:

In all fairness Jesse this is a weather forum. If there's anywhere to talk about the raininess this Spring it'll be here.

I....never stated otherwise? I’ve made posts about my rainy daily observations all spring. About to make one now!

Edited by Cascadia_Wx
  • Downvote 1
  • Weenie 1

6 minutes ago, Meatyorologist said:

Exactly!  

2 minutes ago, GHweatherChris said:

In all fairness, this is an internet forum, ie.... not the real world.

Yeah, that was more the discussion. Obviously no one ever said people can’t talk about the weather here. And I’m sure every single member loves sifting through 600 posts a day of the North Bend rain diaries.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TT-SEA said:

The bar has been lowered so far.   I didn't even think this was possible.    Now I know.  2011 was sooooo much better.   So much more sun.   The clouds and darkness overall since early April has been just terrible even for a place known for darkness and rain.  Like off the charts.

Will I run into you in Charleston? 😂 Actually might stop there on the way down to Saint Simon’s Island.

8 minutes ago, Cascadia_Wx said:

I....never stated otherwise? I’ve made posts about by rainy daily observations all spring. About to make one now!

I was just saying that of course you're going to see Tim complain on and on and on more than anyone in the real world, because this is the specific place where one would complain if they had a gripe with the rain.

Not saying it makes him, or us, any less of weenies. All Tim has been asking for is no mustard, yet he's gotten mustard on more than 90% of days since the end of March. What is a family man to do with such ruined hot dogs!

• Like 1
  • Excited 2

Weather stats for MBY

Snowfall:

Temperatures:

7 minutes ago, Cascadia_Wx said:

Yeah, that was more the discussion. Obviously no one ever said people can’t talk about the weather here. And I’m sure every single member loves sifting through 600 posts a day of the North Bend rain diaries.

This is a fair point.   But people should stop arguing with me that this hasn't sucked or been highly unusual.    Good news is my bar for being annoyed will be much lower now going forward.  😀

• Weenie 1

4 minutes ago, MV_snow said:

For the record, people around me have been nonstop b!tching about the weather. Most of them are transplants and thought 2015-21 springs were the norm.

Ha!  What have I been saying since last Fall?? This is the summer of reckoning... The transplants are in for a shock.

• Like 2
  • Excited 1
  • Popcorn 1

Weather stats for MBY

Snowfall:

Temperatures:

Just now, TT-SEA said:

This is a fair point.   But people should stop arguing with me that this hasn't sucked or been highly unusual.    Good news is my bar for being annoyed will be much lower now going forward.  😀

"People should stop arguing with me" is one hell of a take

• Like 1
  • Popcorn 2

Weather stats for MBY

Snowfall:

Temperatures:

4 minutes ago, Meatyorologist said:

I was just saying that of course you're going to see Tim complain on and on and on more than anyone in the real world, because this is the specific place where one would complain if they had a gripe with the rain.

Not saying it makes him, or us, any less of weenies. All Tim has been asking for is no mustard, yet he's gotten mustard on more than 90% of days since the end of March. What is a family man to do with such ruined hot dogs!

LOL.   You are a great addition here.  👍

And I love mustard on my hot dogs.

• Thanks 1