June 2022 - Summer Begins

TT-SEA

2 minutes ago, Meatyorologist said:

"People should stop arguing with me" is one hell of a take

Well consider how much of the banter is me making some point and then same couple people trying 50 different ways to tell me I am wrong.  😀

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

5 minutes ago, Meatyorologist said:

I was just saying that of course you're going to see Tim complain on and on and on more than anyone in the real world, because this is the specific place where one would complain if they had a gripe with the rain.

Not saying it makes him, or us, any less of weenies. All Tim has been asking for is no mustard, yet he's gotten mustard on more than 90% of days since the end of March. What is a family man to do with such ruined hot dogs!

If someone doesn't like mustard on their hot dogs, they can get the eff out of here if you ask me, and I am sure millions agree.

• Like 1
  • Excited 1
  • Popcorn 1

4 minutes ago, Meatyorologist said:

Ha!  What have I been saying since last Fall?? This is the summer of reckoning... The transplants are in for a shock.

Everyone will forget about it if July-Sept are gorgeous.  

• Like 1

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

2 minutes ago, TT-SEA said:

Well consider how much of the banter is me making some point and then same couple of people trying 50 different ways to tell me I am wrong.  😀

You make the same point over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over, in very short timeframes, no comparison at all.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, TT-SEA said:

And I love mustard on my hot dogs.

To each their own. I don’t swing that way, personally.

• Like 1
  • Sick 1
  • Troll 1

9 minutes ago, Meatyorologist said:

I was just saying that of course you're going to see Tim complain on and on and on more than anyone in the real world, because this is the specific place where one would complain if they had a gripe with the rain.

Not saying it makes him, or us, any less of weenies. All Tim has been asking for is no mustard, yet he's gotten mustard on more than 90% of days since the end of March. What is a family man to do with such ruined hot dogs!

Lol. I love you so much. You are so funny. I will love all of your posts too. Please never ban me! 😀

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1

Summer ☀️ grows while Winter ❄️  goes

Just now, Cascadia_Wx said:

Lol. I love you so much. You are so funny. I will love all of your posts too. Please never ban me! 😀

banned ban GIF

• lol 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Cascadia_Wx said:

I do like Meaty.  Fresh perspective and funny as sh*t.  Never even thought about him banning anyone.   

7 minutes ago, Phil said:

To each their own. I don’t swing that way, personally.

I love mustard on hamburgers and hot dogs.  Can't stand ketchup. 

• scream 2

1 minute ago, Deweydog said:

I only eat mustard right before I come down with Norovirus. I like to puke colorfully.  

I usually drink a couple glow sticks beforehand.

• Excited 1
  • Popcorn 1

Tacoma WA elevation 300’

Monthly rainfall-3.56”

Warm season rainfall-11.14”

Max temp-88

+80 highs-2

+85 highs-2

+90 highs-0

13 minutes ago, GHweatherChris said:

You make the same point over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over, in very short timeframes, no comparison at all.

Party because the same couple people get all riled up and have to argue with me forever.   😀

7 minutes ago, TT-SEA said:

I love mustard on hamburgers and hot dogs.  Can't stand ketchup. 

WUT 

• scream 1

21 minutes ago, Meatyorologist said:

"People should stop arguing with me" is one hell of a take

I know I will never win this battle and the more I try the more I just bring myself down, but it goes way beyond people arguing with him or even directly challenging his posts/griping/stats. He will also single out posts entirely unrelated to him if they happen to feature the “wrong” opinions, which in and of itself creates numerous arguments on an almost daily basis. If that’s ok with most posters here that’s cool, but let’s keep it real about what actually happens.

Edited by Cascadia_Wx
  • Thanks 1
  • lol 1

Summer ☀️ grows while Winter ❄️  goes

2 minutes ago, Cascadia_Wx said:

I know I will never win this battle and the more I try the more I just bring myself down, but it goes way beyond people arguing with him or even directly challenging his posts/griping/stats. He will also single out posts entirely unrelated to him if they happen to feature the “wrong” opinions, which in and of itself creates numerous arguments on an almost daily basis. If that’s ok with most posters here that’s cool, but let’s keep it real about what actually happens.

This is just not true.   There are plenty of people on here with the complete opposite preferences from my own and I never have an issue with anything they post.    For example... TacomaWaWx loves rain and chilly weather and we get along great.   Never any confrontation... ever.  

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

1 minute ago, GHweatherChris said:

Yea, Maury says "the lie detector test determined, that is a lie".   Nice try though, you would do what you do no matter what.

Nah... there would be much less activity overall.   A significant portion of my posts are responding to the same people who want to argue every tiny detail of what I say.    Start a count.   This is one of them.   😀

@Phil The 00Z GFS corrected its cut off bias!    Time to recognize American ingenuity!

12Z run on top and new 00Z run on the bottom for next Saturday.   Actually... I see a new ULL wandering the North Pacific so maybe not entirely.   But it does slide the first ULL east like the EPS has been showing.  

gfs-deterministic-namer-z500_anom-6158400 (1).png

gfs-deterministic-namer-z500_anom-6158400.png

This is getting excessive, and quite cluttered again. We had a good few day run without clogging the June thread with arguing but alas, it's come to a close. Please refer all future preference war talk to the designated thread.

Remember that you can respond to posts in one thread over in another, by clicking the "Quote" button and simply navigating to a different thread. The quote option should reappear in the bottom right of your screen there.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Weather stats for MBY

Snowfall:

-Total snowfall since joining: 50.25"

-2018-19: 21"

-2019-20: 2.5"

-2020-21: 13"

-2021-22: 8.75"

-2022-23: 5.75"

-2023-24*: 0.25"

-Most recent snowfall: 0.25”; January 17th, 2024

-Largest snowfall (single storm): 8.5"; February 12-13, 2021

-Largest snow depth: 14"; 1:30am February 12th, 2019

Temperatures:

-Warmest: 109F; June 28th, 2021

-Coldest: 13F; December 27th, 2021

-Phreeze Count 2023-24: 31

Jinxing the hell out of this right now... but I can feel sun's warmth just from looking at the map.   

gfs-deterministic-washington-t2m_f_max6-6201600 (1).png

• Like 1
  • Excited 1
  • Sick 1

1 minute ago, Meatyorologist said:

This is getting excessive, and quite cluttered again. He had a good few day run without clogging the June thread with arguing but alas, it's come to a close. Please refer all future preference war talk to the designated thread.

Remember that you can respond to posts in one thread over in another, by clicking the "Quote" button and simply navigating to a different thread. The quote option should reappear in the bottom right of your screen there.

I didn't know that you could cross topics with quotes... good info.

38 minutes ago, Meatyorologist said:

Ha!  What have I been saying since last Fall?? This is the summer of reckoning... The transplants are in for a shock.

No doubt! People actually thought May was a summer month in terms of tangible weather. Anyone that has lived here 10+ years knows better.

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, TT-SEA said:

Nah... there would be much less activity overall.   A significant portion of my posts are responding to the same people who want to argue every tiny detail of what I say.    Start a count.   This is one of them.   😀

So you revel in it, got it.

• Popcorn 1

5 minutes ago, MV_snow said:

No doubt! People actually thought May was a summer month in terms of tangible weather. Anyone that has lived here 10+ years knows better.

May was pretty summery in 1983 and 1993.    There have been lots of extended warm spells in May in our history.   And some total duds too.   We got the biggest dud of all this year.   

1 minute ago, GHweatherChris said:

So you revel in it, got it.

Apparently a bunch of us do.   We have been poking at each other for almost 2 decades and still come back for more.  😀

• Excited 1
  • lol 1

Even though the GFS took a completely different path late this coming week... it still ends up with the same look eventually.     The default position for a weak trough will be over the PNW with that high parked in the middle of the country.    But still likely will be much closer to normal than it has been.   Also probably a great summer pattern for Kayla too with occasional thunderstorms.

gfs-deterministic-namer-z500_anom-6547200 (1).png

• Like 2

The GFS has more of a clipper look with the trough next week.  If it happens that way we should be in for a great weekend after that.

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Day with 1" or more snow depth = 1

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

7 minutes ago, TT-SEA said:

Even though the GFS took a completely different path late this coming week... it still ends up with the same look eventually.     The default position for a weak trough will be over the PNW with that high parked in the middle of the country.    But still likely will be much closer to normal than it has been.   Also probably a great summer pattern for Kayla too with occasional thunderstorms.

gfs-deterministic-namer-z500_anom-6547200 (1).png

Would be the perfect MCS/derecho pattern here. I’m sure I’ll end up under the ridge somehow, though.

1 minute ago, Phil said:

Would be the perfect MCS/derecho pattern here. I’m sure I’ll end up under the ridge somehow, though.

Yeah... that looks like a ridge runner scenario for you.

2 hours ago, Cascadia_Wx said:

I’ve met literally no one in the real world who has complained about this pattern unprovoked. It’s pretty much just some posters here and the people they constantly talk about knowing.

All I know is the weather has really messed up my trips to Liberty this year.  I have yet to go up there on anything resembling a nice day.  Last time the roads were so muddy I barely made it to my destination.  With the clay laden soil up there even a little bit of rain makes everything a bloody mess.  The weather has really messed up my lawn mowing schedule as well.  I can work around all of it, but it makes everything less enjoyable and harder work.

I've heard plenty of griping myself.

• Like 2
  • Weenie 1

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Day with 1" or more snow depth = 1

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

3 minutes ago, TT-SEA said:

Yeah... that looks like a ridge runner scenario for you.

I’m 90% sure the CMC/Euro will be right and I’ll get screwed out of convection.

This past week the GFS was insisting on several MCS’s crossing through while the Euro/CMC were high and dry.

Ended up with 0.04” of precip. GFS is a troll. Sucked me right in..stabbed me in the back.

• Like 2