July 2022 Observations and Discussions

Clinton

3 hours ago, OttumwaSnomow said:

I planted this corn  may 9th. My first time ever planting  corn since i was on my gramps farm in Maryland  in the 1980s. Its about 2 acres for the deer and animals, some sweet corn  as well. Im amazed  at iowa soil. That corn had only .26 rain for 26 days! 

Resized_20220701_191444(1).jpeg

Must be the GMO’s!

• Like 1

Boy, the Euro has come back south and become very wet.

It's very difficult to predict, though.  Each day's storms will affect where the next day's storms will form.  The Euro, more than other models, tends to want to sag lines of storms south into the warm air.  If any one of its predicted lines fails to develop and drop south through Iowa, Iowa could end up hot and capped while the storms pop up in MN/WI.

image.thumb.png.51f47cbd5b6f6d9f51aee3cfd92693d6.png

• Like 4
  • Popcorn 3

season snowfall: 34.8"

'22-23: 30.2"      '21-22: 27.1"      '20-21: 52.5"      '19-20: 36.2"      '18-19: 50.2"      '17-18: 39.5"

Average snowfall: ~30"

Cloudy.  
The rain is all north of DFW area …..

and it’s headed north. 

☹️ …..Bummer.  

Edit

2 hrs later.   100*. 
Rain STILL north. 😠

• Sad 1
  • Storm 1

Before You Diagnose Yourself With Depression or Low Self-Esteem,...First Make Sure You Are Not In Fact, Just Surrounded By A$$holes.

“If I owned Texas and Hell, I would rent out Texas and live in Hell.”  Gen. Sheridan 1866

2018 Rainfall - 62.65" High Temp. - 110.03* Low Temp. - 8.4*

Folks before ya'll know it, we will be heading into Meteorological Autumn. Just think, that once we are finish w/ July, then, August will be just a countdown. Crazy how time flies. Also, looking forward next month to some of our first "Winter Outlooks."

• Like 6

Snowfall for Winter 2023 -24 for Metro Detroit Area 

Oct 2023: 0.2" AN

Nov 2023: 2.2" AN

Dec 2023: 0.5" BN Insane!

Jan 2024: 17.0" AN

Feb 2024: 1.9"  BN

Mar 2024: 4.9" BN

April 2024:

Season So Far: 26.7"

6 hours ago, Tom said:

Must be the GMO’s!

Its funny you should say that!!! Its actually  non gmo corn!   I dont know if it is true organic  but a farmer friend said it was leftover from a  farm that he couldn't  use roundup on.   I applies urea to eat twice right before a rain and looks awesome!

• Like 2

It was a warm muggy day today but an outflow boundary just pushed in from the south and dropped temps a few degrees.  A complex of storms in Eastern Kansas is slowly moving this way but may fizzle out after the sun goes down.

• Like 3

Today is our last 50s-dewpoint day for a while.  It should be in the 70s for the rest of the week.  I hope some good rain will come with it.

• Like 5

'22-23: 30.2"      '21-22: 27.1"      '20-21: 52.5"      '19-20: 36.2"      '18-19: 50.2"      '17-18: 39.5"

Looked like quite the storms rolling through eastern Montana this evening.

87/67 today here. Wunderground shows 5 days in a row of t'storms starting 7/5. 

• Like 2

Ashland, KY Weather

'23-'24 Winter

Snowfall - 5.50"
First freeze: 11/1 (32)
Minimum: 2 on 1/17

Measurable snows: 4
Max 1 day snow: 3" (1/19)

Thunders: 11
1/27, 1/28, 2/10, 2/22, 2/27, 2/28, 3/5, 3/6, 3/14, 3/15
3/26, 

-------------------------------------------------------
[Klamath Falls, OR 2010 to 2021]
https://imgur.com/SuGTijl

21 hours ago, Phil said:

Wow, now up to 4.18” of rain since sunset! Radar estimates much higher, closer to 5”.

Fireplace outcove is flooding, and now there’s water in the basement as the sump pump seems to the croaking.

WTF happened. There was nothing on radar then a stray cumulus moved over the Potomac River and exploded upwards. Since then it’s been a relentless torrent.

So your place is like, several of Kentucky's storms happen in one storm in Maryland. 😇

• Storm 1

Ashland, KY Weather

'23-'24 Winter

Snowfall - 5.50"

3/26, 

Happy 4th of July! We have now reached aphelion and will now start moving closer to the sun. Yesterday the official H/L at Grand Rapids was 88/59 there was once again no rain fall. There was 95% of possible sunshine. The overnight low in MBY was 65 at the current time it is clear and 67. For today the average H/L remains at 83/62 the record high of 100 was set in 1897 and 1911. A high of 99 was recorded in 2012. The low for the date is 45 in 1972 the coolest maximum for any July 4th is 64 in 1970 there have been 5 times when the high failed to reach 70 the last time was in 1997. The warmest minimum was a warm 79 in 2012.

• Like 6

8 hours ago, CentralNebWeather said:

Much needed rainfall is a gift from heaven in the ongoing drought. Church service prayed for rain this morning. Awesome. 

Answered prayer!!   
Throw one our way!  We are very much in need.  
We will see 100* with no problem over the next week.  
I noticed yesterday even the young lizards are coming to the back door for water. Put out a large bowl just for them.  Crazy dry!!

• Like 1

Before You Diagnose Yourself With Depression or Low Self-Esteem,...First Make Sure You Are Not In Fact, Just Surrounded By A$$holes.

“If I owned Texas and Hell, I would rent out Texas and live in Hell.”  Gen. Sheridan 1866

Happy 4th of July!  The weather was perfection for outdoor activities yesterday.  The lake breeze blew just enough inland to drop temps into low 80’s and ideal conditions for fireworks.  We had a Blast, literally, lighting up the night skies! 

The video below is a taste of what we had last night…not to mention, all the wonderful food we ate!  ‘MERICA 🇺🇸   

• Like 8

17 hours ago, Andie said:

Cloudy.  
The rain is all north of DFW area …..

and it’s headed north. 

☹️ …..Bummer.  

Edit

2 hrs later.   100*. 
Rain STILL north. 😠

To make matters worse the rain fizzled out before it got to me, But at least increased cloud cover for fireworks last night, it was epic. KFOR has relief next week, but before that I am having highs up to 104°F. :(

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Never say Never with Weather, because anything is possible!

All observations are in Tecumseh, OK unless otherwise noted

12 minutes ago, Tom said:

Happy 4th of July!  The weather was perfection for outdoor activities yesterday.  The lake breeze blew just enough inland to drop temps into low 80’s and ideal conditions for fireworks.  We had a Blast, literally, lighting up the night skies! 

The video below is a taste of what we had last night…not to mention, all the wonderful food we ate!  ‘MERICA   IMG_1912.MOV 23.42 MB · 1 download  

Nature may deliver fireworks to you the next 3 nights.  Illinois and Iowa look ripe for a derecho.

day1otlk_1300.gif

day2otlk_0600.gif

day3otlk_0730.gif

• Like 4
  • Storm 1
  • scream 1

12 minutes ago, Clinton said:

Nature may deliver fireworks to you the next 3 nights.  Illinois and Iowa look ripe for a derecho.

day1otlk_1300.gif

day2otlk_0600.gif

day3otlk_0730.gif

Certainly looks like a fun pattern setting up...I was up north at my brother's place and the open fields look a bit parched.  Lot's of beneficial rains are cometh!  Hope you have a wonderful day today bud.  Keep it cool!  👊

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, CentralNebWeather said:

Much needed rainfall is a gift from heaven in the ongoing drought. Church service prayed for rain this morning. Awesome. 

IMG_0625.MOV 20.51 MB · 2 downloads  

It's like nature wants to fill in the holes to those who have been missed over the last 7 days...the radar loop from last night into this morning is basically providing rains from I-80 on north...

1.png

• Like 3

Boy, I love what the CFSv2 is showing for the majority of the central/southern plains from mid july into mid-Aug...is the worst of the summer heat the next 10 days or so for TX/OK...E TX may be the exception (unfortunately)...

image.png

image.png

image.png

• Like 7

It was sheer luck if you got rain yesterday.    We had some nice clouds and shade however.   Today will begin a run of 100’s.  

35C73B51-6BEC-4672-A675-63569F461965.jpeg

8 minutes ago, Tom said:

Boy, I love what the CFSv2 is showing for the majority of the central/southern plains from mid july into mid-Aug...is the worst of the summer heat the next 10 days or so for TX/OK...E TX may be the exception (unfortunately)...

image.png

image.png

image.png

The last map gave me some hope that we may get some storms to keep the drought from coming here.

• Like 2

Never say Never with Weather, because anything is possible!

All observations are in Tecumseh, OK unless otherwise noted

Looks like the storms I drove through in eastern Colorado and western Nebraska last night are moving into Cedar Rapids and Iowa City areas now. We had a brief extremely heavy downpour in North Platte last night, which is where we stayed the night. We were in Colorado, got to go to the Summit of Pikes Peak. What a beautiful part of the country. 

• Like 7

9 minutes ago, bud2380 said:

Looks like the storms I drove through in eastern Colorado and western Nebraska last night are moving into Cedar Rapids and Iowa City areas now. We had a brief extremely heavy downpour in North Platte last night, which is where we stayed the night. We were in Colorado, got to go to the Summit of Pikes Peak. What a beautiful part of the country. 

Give me a wave as you drive by the Holdrege/Elm Creek exit on I80 just west of Kearney. We had close to an inch in the area last night with incredible lighting and thunder. 

@TomReed Timmer thinks there could be a sneaky tornado setup tonight.

LIVE SLEEPER TORNADO setup from Madison, WI through Chicago area this July 4!

Live emergency update this July 4 holiday with a tornado threat possible this afternoon/evening across central/southern WI into northern Illinois. A complex of showers is pushing out of Iowa this morning and the atmosphere is forecast to destabilize behind this feature. Supercells could ride ESE along the outflow boundary/warm front left in its wake.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, bud2380 said:

Pikes Peak is so beautiful and the road up the mountain can be breath taking.  I was a kid at the time when I went and got sick on the way up but I remember vividly the sharp drop offs on the sides of the road.  Good memories.

• Like 1

I picked up 0.44" from a batch of rain that moved through eastern Iowa late this morning.  Once again (like the big event a couple weekends ago), the heaviest rain tracked just south of Cedar Rapids.  1-2" totals are widespread from the CR airport to Iowa City.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Tom said:

image.png

image.png

image.png

Unfortunately I don’t think that will verify. Would expect almost the opposite pattern in August this year.

• Like 1

Just now, OmahaSnowFan said:

Had .86" of rain overnight last night. Now 95 with a heat index of 105.

Unfortunately, I won't be able to partake in many activities this evening as I tested positive for COVID this morning. Pretty mild symptoms so far that started last night.

Oh no! Stay cool and feel better 😎 

• Like 1

The roast is underway, it's going to be hot for fireworks tonight.

Whiteman Air Force Base (KSZL)

Lat: 38.73°NLon: 93.55°WElev: 869ft.
sct.png

Fair

96°F

36°C

Humidity 52%
Wind Speed SW 16 G 22 mph
Barometer 29.90 in (1011.8 mb)
Dewpoint 75°F (24°C)
Visibility 10.00 mi
Heat Index 109°F (43°C)
Last update 4 Jul 3:56 pm CDT
  • Like 3

80, 77DP, and the show has started. 

Even though I now live in a warmer climate, this surprisingly isn't my hottest Fourth of July ever. 😎

• Like 2

Ashland, KY Weather

'23-'24 Winter

Snowfall - 5.50"

3/26, 

They’ve adjusted our temps - up. 
103-104 the next 7 days. 
Man, this is rough.  

• Sun 1
  • Storm 1
  • scream 2

7 hours ago, OmahaSnowFan said:

Had .86" of rain overnight last night. Now 95 with a heat index of 105.

Unfortunately, I won't be able to partake in many activities this evening as I tested positive for COVID this morning. Pretty mild symptoms so far that started last night.

Get well!🙏

• Like 3