July 2022 Observations and Discussions

Clinton

They're estimating up to 2 inches have fallen in places this morning around here! I think not as much as that in Ashland, but some spots in Boyd could have standing water. 

2022-07-31 11_31_03-Window.png

• Rain 1

Ashland, KY Weather

'23-'24 Winter

Snowfall - 5.50"
First freeze: 11/1 (32)
Minimum: 2 on 1/17

Measurable snows: 4
Max 1 day snow: 3" (1/19)

Thunders: 11
1/27, 1/28, 2/10, 2/22, 2/27, 2/28, 3/5, 3/6, 3/14, 3/15
3/26, 

-------------------------------------------------------
[Klamath Falls, OR 2010 to 2021]
https://imgur.com/SuGTijl

105* at 3:30.  

They missed our forecast High 😆

Some by 4* others by 5*!

• Sun 3

Before You Diagnose Yourself With Depression or Low Self-Esteem,...First Make Sure You Are Not In Fact, Just Surrounded By A$$holes.

“If I owned Texas and Hell, I would rent out Texas and live in Hell.”  Gen. Sheridan 1866

2018 Rainfall - 62.65" High Temp. - 110.03* Low Temp. - 8.4*

Here are some pics from my weekend getaway in Mackinaw Island, MI:

This was my first time here in Mackinaw Island. Car ride was 4hrs and 5min w/o stopping. Boat ride is about 30 min or so from Mackinaw City. Not too far away. We had a fantastic time there. The food was excellent and I must say that I had one of the best chocolate Fudge mint ever. Holy crap. We then, rented bikes once we got there and explored a portion of the island, including the "Grand Hotel." It is a 8 mile bike ride to complete the entire island around, which I intend to do next time.  Weather conditions here in the Winter time are very cold and snowy and not a lot of people live there during that time, but some tend to do so.

Here is a description of the pics:

First pic getting ready to board. 2nd pic is the Grand Hotel. Third, if you look closely, straight down, you will see the Mackinaw Bridge. Lastly, inside the Grand Hotel, I saw a wall fill w/ weather instruments. I thought that was very cool.

Getting on the boat.jpg

Grand Hotel.jpg

Mackinaw Bridge.jpg

Weather Instruments.jpg

• Like 8

Snowfall for Winter 2023 -24 for Metro Detroit Area 

Oct 2023: 0.2" AN

Nov 2023: 2.2" AN

Dec 2023: 0.5" BN Insane!

Jan 2024: 17.0" AN

Feb 2024: 1.9"  BN

Mar 2024: 4.9" BN

April 2024:

Season So Far: 26.7"

15 hours ago, Tom said:

@IMoveALot_Weather, I see there have been Flood Watch's hoisted in the mountains down in So Cal.  Did any of the cells make their way down to the shore?  I bet there have been some gorgeous Monsoon storm clouds to your east!

Nope, everything has been out in the desert. A LOT of rain out there.

• Like 1

Formerly *ahem*: LNK_Weather, TOL_Weather, FAR_Weather, MSP_Weather, IMoveALot_Weather.

Welcome to the last month of Met Summer folks!  I can't believe we are already in August...after dinner yesterday, I laid out on my deck just enjoying the beautiful breeze, comfy temps near 80F and DP's in the upper 50's.  Such a gorgeous evening.  I also was reminiscing on how wonderful our weather has been of late.

This morning, I woke up and it was a bit sticky so I turned on the A/C.  Got some small storms knocking on my doorstep.

Tab1FileL.png?03f5438080ff88f8f84a0d39c5

image.png

• Like 3

Some of the operational models are starting to sniff out a major eastern CONUS trough post 10th and lining up with the LR idea that we continue the "step down" in temps.  @Andie, don't look now but the 0z GFS is crashing a trough and possibly beating down that "Texas Ridge"....it's not only the 0z GFS, but the 0z Euro Control is also mirroring the same idea.

1.png

0z EPS continues to cool the eastern/southern SUB Week 2...

image.png

Next 9 days look quite wet for the eastern ag belt and will prob beat down the Drought in IN/IL/MI...

3.png

Last, but not least....for our central members the pattern will likely fire up the "Ring of Fire" come this weekend...I smell a severe wx out break for the Upper MW and then settling south as a strong Summer CF crashes southward.  Interesting pattern lies ahead.  My gut tells me this will be a month of volatile weather and cater to the idea that most of us will see a quick end to Summer.  Just a hint, but the middle part of the month could really deliver a "Taste of Autumn" for the GL's/MW region...big trough brewing??

• Like 1

Oh that’s good news Tom. 
Everyone is so tired of this blistering heat and suffocating air.  
It’s been one for the books.  
we are all on point for a round of rain to help the land and bolster the lakes.  
Overall a tough summer. 
It isn’t over yet. 

103 tops today, so heat tap is still on full. 
We’re ready for a cool down!  
Here’s the week…

C974322F-2250-4372-8E2B-EE7A18164DEA.jpeg

• Like 3

Before You Diagnose Yourself With Depression or Low Self-Esteem,...First Make Sure You Are Not In Fact, Just Surrounded By A$$holes.

“If I owned Texas and Hell, I would rent out Texas and live in Hell.”  Gen. Sheridan 1866

2018 Rainfall - 62.65" High Temp. - 110.03* Low Temp. - 8.4*

Welcome to August. July 2022 at Grand Rapids seen a mean temperature that was exactly average. The mean for the month was 72.1 and that was average. The highest reading was 90 and that occurred on 4 different days the low for the month of 52 was on the 10th There was a reported 2.82” of rain fall and that was below the average of 3.86.  At Holland their mean was 72.1 for a departure of +0.5 it was much wetter at Holland as they reported 4.51” of rain fall. At Muskegon their mean was 73.4 that was a departure of 1.5 and 3.15” of rain was reported. At Lansing the mean was 73.4 for a departure of +1.7 with just 2.30” of rain fall. Lansing lead the way with 7 days of 90 or better while Holland had one day and at Muskegon they did not reach 90 officially. Most areas in southern lower Michigan had a July of near or above average temperatures. All in all a nice warm July 2022.

• Like 3

The official H/L yesterday at Grand Rapids was 80/60 there was no rain fall and the sun was out 77% of the time. Here in MBY the overnight low was a warm 70 and at the current time it is 72 there are a few showers to the west of here but not sure how much if any rain will fall here. For today the average H/L has started it downward trend at 82/63. The record high of 98 was set in 1988 and the low of 74 was set in 1947. The week ahead now looks cooler than it did a few days ago and it appears that there will not be a big heat wave to start the month of August 2022.

• Like 3

July statistics for KC.

The July 2022 climate stats for Kansas City, MO:

-July 2022 was 0.9° above normal and the 62nd warmest on the 135 year record.

-Precipitation was 2.30" and was 2.28" below normal which was the 41st driest July.

-The 101° that occurred on 7/23 was the hottest day in 10 years in KC (103° on 8/7/2012)!

• Like 2

As they say in the climatological world, it was a "Statistical Wash" for ORD...just (-0.1F) below normal temp wise but AN in the precip category...it's a far cry from the sustained Heat & Humidity those of you west & south of here.  The weather pattern was quite diverse up this way which kept things interesting.

LOT July Review.png

• Like 1

The official H/L at Grand Rapids yesterday was 83/68 officially at GRR there was just a trace of rain reported and there was 21% of possible sunshine.  Here in MBY I recorded 0.15” of rain fall. The overnight low both here in MBY and at GRR was 62. For today the record high was 98 set in 1964 and the record low of 46 was set in 1920 and 1927. There is a chance of some heavy rain on Wednesday and it looks like it will be humid and maybe even hot depending on how the morning storms play out.

• Like 1

• Guest unpinned this topic