July 2022 Observations and Discussions

Clinton

2 hours ago, Phil said:

Yeah this looks sultry.

D454F4C1-B83D-48BE-B173-AF0F58A93211.png

Yeah. I'm not delighted in your misery either. You get what i was saying.

In your other post, i like what I'm seeing in Canada and AK. That's hope. 

But yeah, late August and early September can punch the 100 degree card easily here still just as May did.

• Sad 1

16 minutes ago, Iceresistance said:

Reached 110 today, Mangum, OK reached 115*F. 

Scratch the 110°F! It got up to 112°F, this is the 2nd hottest Temperature I’ve ever recorded! #1 is 113°F in August 2012. 

• Like 3
  • scream 5

Never say Never with Weather, because anything is possible!

All observations are in Tecumseh, OK unless otherwise noted

Ya'll ready???  Yes please...co-sign anyone???

image.gif

Wet and Cool to penetrate the Heat Dome as the models are locking in and firing up the W NAMER/NE PAC ridge and Blocking.  The LR clue I saw is coming together and many on here will reel in the rewards from Mother Nature.  I'm really looking forward to seeing some Boomers come Sat-Sun period around these parts.

image.gif

0z Euro loaded with moisture next 10-days...

1.png
2.png

Going from a "Parched Pattern" to AN precip is an impressive flip and the signal is growing each day for our ag belt region and S Plains members.  The SW Monsoon is also holding steady and increasing later this weekend into next week.  All in All, I'm really excited for many of our members on here to see big time relief and more importantly, timely relief as we close out July.

image.png

• Like 3
  • Excited 1

Just had a short but very heavy rain shower here. At GRR the report is one of my pet peeves as the official report is a Thunderstorm was occurring. While there may have been some reports of lightning in the area the shower, we got was by no means a thunderstorm. Anyway I recorded 0.11” of rain in around 10 minutes.  

Yesterday was a very warm to hot day with an official H/L of 90/71 there was no rain fall and 77% of possible sunshine.  Before the rain shower the overnight low was just 75 and now after the shower it is 74. For today the record high of 99 was set in 1930 and 1934 and the record low of 44 was set in 1941

• Like 2

107 today.  What can one say?  
Tomorrow brings clouds and a small chance of rain. High of 99.   

The rest of the week will be 101-104.  Beats 110 !!

• Like 2

Before You Diagnose Yourself With Depression or Low Self-Esteem,...First Make Sure You Are Not In Fact, Just Surrounded By A$$holes.

“If I owned Texas and Hell, I would rent out Texas and live in Hell.”  Gen. Sheridan 1866

2018 Rainfall - 62.65" High Temp. - 110.03* Low Temp. - 8.4*

3 hours ago, Tom said:

Ya'll ready???  Yes please...co-sign anyone???

image.gif

Wet and Cool to penetrate the Heat Dome as the models are locking in and firing up the W NAMER/NE PAC ridge and Blocking.  The LR I saw is coming together and many on here will reel in the rewards from Mother Nature.  I'm really looking forward to seeing some Boomers come Sat-Sun period around these parts.

image.gif

0z Euro loaded with moisture next 10-days...

1.png
2.png

Going from a "Parched Pattern" to AN precip is an impressive flip and the signal is growing each day for our ag belt region and S Plains members.  The SW Monsoon is also holding steady and increasing later this weekend into next week.  All in All, I'm really excited for many of our members on here to see big time relief and more importantly, timely relief as we close out July.

image.png

@Tom this is what I see when I look look at models. Past few days I have driven  large areas of eastern Iowa. Most areas north of i80 are green and lush. South of i80 very spotty good rain have fallen. Many areas burned to a crisp.

Screenshot_20220720-083256_Gallery.jpg

• Like 1
  • Excited 1

59 minutes ago, james1976 said:

We head out today for 2 1/2 weeks on our tour. Heading west....through the CO mountains.....Vegas.....Hollywood....Arizona......Texas....just to name a few. I'll try to pop in from time to time. Cheers everyone!

Let me know when your close to Arizona!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, james1976 said:

We head out today for 2 1/2 weeks on our tour. Heading west....through the CO mountains.....Vegas.....Hollywood....Arizona......Texas....just to name a few. I'll try to pop in from time to time. Cheers everyone!

If you are taking I 80, give me a wave as you head west, Holdrege/Elm Creek Exit #257. Always love driving west of Denver on I 70. 

• Like 1

Topping out at 109 today.  Geez!

Hoping this is it.
99 forecast for tomorrow. 
30% chance of showers!  Crazy summer. 

• Like 1
  • Sun 1

Before You Diagnose Yourself With Depression or Low Self-Esteem,...First Make Sure You Are Not In Fact, Just Surrounded By A$$holes.

“If I owned Texas and Hell, I would rent out Texas and live in Hell.”  Gen. Sheridan 1866

Our next 6 days. 
Not great but better.  

A9D7DF94-25F2-4EA6-A0C9-315B87E265C6.jpeg

• lol 1

Top temp for this heat wave excluding Death Valley’s 120* is Wichita Falls Texas just south of the Okla border.  
They clocked in at 115*.   

Now, that hot in anyones book!  
That’s a record I’ll pass on. Hottest I’ve ever experienced was in Needles, Calif in the desert at 111*.   I nearly passed out when I got out of the car! 

High tomorrow 103*.  Yup!

Get a load of this!

It won’t make it. Drying up  

16E8C8B9-A04C-4119-B615-DF499E60D047.png

• Like 1

82, DP of 82, and seeing a lightning show to my north. Pretty frequent actually, stacks up to some of the lightning we had in June. 

Had a high of 92. 

• Like 2

Ashland, KY Weather

'23-'24 Winter

Snowfall - 5.50"
First freeze: 11/1 (32)
Minimum: 2 on 1/17

Measurable snows: 4
Max 1 day snow: 3" (1/19)

Thunders: 16
1/27, 1/28, 2/10, 2/22, 2/27, 2/28, 3/5, 3/6, 3/14, 3/15
3/26, 3/30, 3/31, 4/2, 4/3, 4/8, 

Severe storms: 2

-------------------------------------------------------
[Klamath Falls, OR 2010 to 2021]
https://imgur.com/SuGTijl

Quite the show around here! No warnings with these but this is probably the 2nd best light show I've seen this year.

Constant flashing.

• Like 1
  • Storm 1

Ashland, KY Weather

'23-'24 Winter

Snowfall - 5.50"
First freeze: 11/1 (32)
Minimum: 2 on 1/17

Measurable snows: 4
Max 1 day snow: 3" (1/19)

Thunders: 16
1/27, 1/28, 2/10, 2/22, 2/27, 2/28, 3/5, 3/6, 3/14, 3/15
3/26, 3/30, 3/31, 4/2, 4/3, 4/8, 

Severe storms: 2

-------------------------------------------------------
[Klamath Falls, OR 2010 to 2021]
https://imgur.com/SuGTijl

Do you think the CPC boys will adjust this map today for Week 2???  Especially for our southern members....

Screen Shot 2022-07-21 at 3.45.57 AM.png

0z EPS Week 2 looking mighty nice for our OK/TX members...

image.png

image.gif

I don't think you can script this any better for the Lone Star state and @Iceresistance @OKwx2k4...Load it up Mother Nature!  One round after another, here we go... @clintbeed1993 @Clinton @mlgamer KC Peeps look like a wild ride next Mon-Fri!  Oh, ya,...let's not forget about the Monsoon as Arizona is now the target for the epicenter of the Monsoonal Flow instead of it being NM over the last 30-45 days.  Love it.

image.png

image.gif

• Like 6

85 currently.   Headed for 100.  
Rain on the radar in North Ft Worth and Dallas.  They’ll die out as they move south.   
Odd to see rain after this heat, but….we’ll take it.  

• Like 2

Yesterday was a windy but very warm day. The highest wind gust was 43 MPH. What made the day unusual is that while it was windy it also was very warm. The H/L for the day was 89/70. At Lansing it was also not only very windy but there it was a hot day with a H/L of 92/73 and a top wind gust of 46 MPH. With the winds coming off the lake it was still warm but a little cooler at Muskegon (86) and Holland (85) At Grand Rapids there was a reported 0.05” of rain fall and 42% of possible sunshine. Here at my house, I recorded 0.03” of rain fall last night. The overnight low and current temperature in MBY was 68 At GRR the overnight low looks to have been 70. For today the average H/L is still 83/63 the record high of 104 was set in 1934 and the record low of 43 was in 1944. The next 3 days look to stay very warm before some rain chances on Saturday night and Sunday.  Next week looks to be cooler with some chances of rain.

• Like 2

Hold it !

Its cooler in Death Valley than North Texas???

599E4AC0-E374-49D7-B9EE-A00433248F8E.jpeg

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, CentralNebWeather said:

0Z Euro. This would be amazing if it verifies. 
image.thumb.png.e73415fb204463c80d6847009e2111fb.png

That's nice to see some relief from the heat over there with precip chances. That same run shows 106 degrees for Portland though, which I'm fine avoiding...

20 hours ago, CentralNebWeather said:

If you are taking I 80, give me a wave as you head west, Holdrege/Elm Creek Exit #257. Always love driving west of Denver on I 70. 

We drop down from Rapid City to Denver so north and west of you. 

Hello from Sioux Falls! Low 70s and sunny this morning. Rapid City looks to be upper 90s today.

@hawkstwelvearen't you in Sioux Falls area?

• Like 2

20 hours ago, CentralNebWeather said:

Took a drive out in the country yesterday. Corn and Soybeans look amazing. We’ve been really lucky around here to miss the hail, and gotten some timely rains. Of course having the Ogallala Aquifer below us also helps. 

Crop has been looking really good in northern Iowa!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Tom said:

@IMoveALot_Weather@Mr Marine Layer it appears the Monsoon is going to make a visit later next weekend for So Cal.  I may be visiting the area in early Aug depending on my work schedule.

Not getting my hopes up, but last time I didn't get my hopes up, we had a pretty good downpour.

• Like 2

Formerly *ahem*: LNK_Weather, TOL_Weather, FAR_Weather, MSP_Weather, IMoveALot_Weather.

9 hours ago, Tom said:

Do you think the CPC boys will adjust this map today for Week 2???  Especially for our southern members....

Screen Shot 2022-07-21 at 3.45.57 AM.png

0z EPS Week 2 looking mighty nice for our OK/TX members...

image.png

image.gif

I don't think you can script this any better for the Lone Star state and @Iceresistance @OKwx2k4...Load it up Mother Nature!  One round after another, here we go... @clintbeed1993 @Clinton @mlgamer KC Peeps look like a wild ride next Mon-Fri!  Oh, ya,...let's not forget about the Monsoon as Arizona is now the target for the epicenter of the Monsoonal Flow instead of it being NM over the last 30-45 days.  Love it.

image.png

image.gif

Probably still ends up warmer than average most places given soil moisture deficits.

Then the heat comes roaring back to open August. We’re not getting away from this pattern anytime soon.

BFE4109D-E37C-439C-B0D0-E821D57A3774.gif

• Like 1
  • Popcorn 1