On the 7th month of... July PNW 2022 (Preferance Wars)

The Blob

More original name title?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. More original name title?

• Yes
    • No
    • Preferance Wars

This poll is closed to new votes

6 minutes ago, Mr Marine Layer said:

Better or wetter or both?

Much less wet. Yesterday’s run showed like 1.5” for Seattle and this one shows 0.1”.

• Sun 1
  • Sick 1

Everett Snowfall (510 feet elevation)

Snow since February 2019: 91"

2023-24: 6"

2022-23: 17.5"

2021-22: 17.75"

2020-21: 14.5”

2019-20: 10.5"

2018-19: 24.75"

Ah, missed this by less than a day, took these 6/30/2021 ;)

IMG_2390.JPG

IMG_2409.JPG

• Like 7

Ashland, KY Weather

'23-'24 Winter

Snowfall - 5.50"
First freeze: 11/1 (32)
Minimum: 2 on 1/17

Measurable snows: 4
Max 1 day snow: 3" (1/19)

Thunders: 11
1/27, 1/28, 2/10, 2/22, 2/27, 2/28, 3/5, 3/6, 3/14, 3/15
3/26, 

-------------------------------------------------------
[Klamath Falls, OR 2010 to 2021]
https://imgur.com/SuGTijl

Tim willed the rain away...again!

• Storm 1

Cold Season 2023/24:

Total snowfall: 26"

Highest daily snowfall: 5"

Deepest snow depth: 12"

Coldest daily high: -20ºF

Coldest daily low: -42ºF

Number of subzero days: 5

Personal Weather Station on Wunderground: 

https://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/dashboard?ID=KMTBOZEM152#history

4 minutes ago, Kayla said:

He might not be happy with the outcome of the next few days though afterwards. Instead of one big rain event and nice weather afterwards it’s a week of on and off rain showers which I’m willing to bet he probably likes even less. 

• Sick 1

6 minutes ago, Kayla said:

Yeah... that has been working so well the last 3 months.  🤨

• Sad 1
  • Downvote 1

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

8 minutes ago, TacomaWx said:

He might not be happy with the outcome of the next few days though afterwards. Instead of one big rain event and nice weather afterwards it’s a week of on and off rain showers which I’m willing to bet he probably likes even less. 

I mean, maybe a few showers but I'm willing to bet that it still doesn't amount to much. Maybe ~0.1-0.25" of rainfall over the next week unless you find yourself under a brief convective downpour.

A whole lot of complaining over a tenth of inch of rain that you have no control over but to each their own!

• Like 2

Cold Season 2023/24:

Total snowfall: 26"

Highest daily snowfall: 5"

Deepest snow depth: 12"

Coldest daily high: -20ºF

Coldest daily low: -42ºF

Number of subzero days: 5

Personal Weather Station on Wunderground: 

https://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/dashboard?ID=KMTBOZEM152#history

1 minute ago, Kayla said:

I mean, maybe a few showers but I'm willing to bet that it still doesn't amount to much. Maybe ~0.1-0.25" of rainfall over the next week unless you find yourself under a brief convective downpour.

A whole lot of complaining over a tenth of inch of rain that you have no control over but to each their own!

Hi, you must be new here.

• Popcorn 1

OT but check out this cell exploding from nothing to 40,000ft+ in under 30mins.

Looks like that tonga eruption with the radiating outflow. 🤓

• Like 2
  • Excited 1
  • Storm 1

16 minutes ago, Kayla said:

Guarantee Tim would rather get 1/2” of rain in a day than 5 days with 0.05”. Key word is PERSISTENT rainfall. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Kayla said:

Yeah... the ECMWF is not really that bad for next week.    It shows plenty of sun even with a few more showers.    Accounting for its cool bias it probably means highs at least in the mid 70s.

And its sort of a moot point anyways because the 12Z EPS is not more troughy than its 00Z run... and in fact looks slightly warmer later next week.    The EPS is squarely in the goldilocks zone.   

• Like 2
  • Weenie 1

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

3 minutes ago, RentonHillTC said:

ecmwf-ensemble-KBFI-daily_tmin_tmax-6676800.png

Perfection... except for Sunday and Monday.   

Cool bias means add at least 3 degrees.    Doesn't get any more perfect than that.  

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

5 minutes ago, RentonHillTC said:

Last 3 EPS runs max temps...still split between torch and goldy at the end

ezgif-5-c87341e120.gif

Those blue days just keep marching in!    Lets get those in the past.   

• Weenie 5

My sons left with the boat at 11 a.m. and said its absolutely perfect out there... no wind and not many other boats yet and the lake is flat so its perfect for wakeboarding.    Currently 76 in Issaquah and North Bend.   

Hopefully the EPS is right and we have many more days just like today ahead.  

• Weenie 2

Noticed these 4 cells looking East from my friend’s rooftop in Seattle yesterday evening and sure enough they all showed up perfectly on the radar at the same time. Cool to be able to see them all the way from Cle Elum and Leavenworth!

AD234164-CAA6-4916-BB0A-5CE9589B26CC.jpeg

8F74EA78-57F4-4218-84D9-46404716B89F.jpeg

• Like 8

Everett Snowfall (510 feet elevation)

Snow since February 2019: 91"

2023-24: 6"

2022-23: 17.5"

2021-22: 17.75"

2020-21: 14.5”

2019-20: 10.5"

2018-19: 24.75"

what's the easiest way to immigrate to Canada?  the company I work for is Canadian based (offices in Toronto and Calgary)

after what's happen with the rogue Koch funded SCOTUS over the past week, this country's best days are behind it.  I'll be 'celebrating' this weekend with an upside down Flag.

Cheers!

• Like 4
  • Popcorn 1

4 minutes ago, Phishy Wx said:

what's the easiest way to immigrate to Canada?  the company I work for is Canadian based (offices in Toronto and Calgary)

after what's happen with the rogue Koch funded SCOTUS over the past week, this country's best days are behind it.  I'll be 'celebrating' this weekend with an upside down Flag.

Cheers!

Do You Realize What Youre Doing Here Tom Pelphrey GIF - Do You Realize What  Youre Doing Here Tom Pelphrey Ben Davis - Discover & Share GIFs

• Excited 1
  • lol 1

27 minutes ago, TT-SEA said:

Work done... weekend begins.    I know how much @RentonHillTC loves the Ballard Hazy IPA.

20220701_134040.jpg

I've actually been really enjoying Rainier the last several months. I'll probably never do Bud Light or Coors Light ever again. I'm just not an IPA guy. I will drink the occasional Bodi or Lucille, but i'll always end up back at the Rogers or JUtah if I want something more than Rainier. 

If I need immediate relief, my trusty boxed wine is never far. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, RentonHillTC said:

I've actually been really enjoying Rainier the last several months. I'll probably never do Bud Light or Coors Light ever again. I'm just not an IPA guy. I will drink the occasional Bodi or Lucille, but i'll always end up back at the Rogers or JUtah if I want something more than Rainier. 

If I need immediate relief, my trusty boxed wine is never far. 

My son bought a case of Rainier the other day when they had some friends over.    My kids are true WA natives.  

• Like 1