On the 7th month of... July PNW 2022 (Preferance Wars)

The Blob

More original name title?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. More original name title?

• Yes
    • No
    • Preferance Wars

This poll is closed to new votes

18 minutes ago, MV_snow said:

It’s funny that the LA person would crap all over Seattle, then say “they don’t want to get political.” Can’t have it both ways!

As much as I don’t like what Seattle has become in a lot of ways, I also get defensive when people from outside the area $hit on it. It’s like the Mariners: we can criticize them as much as we want, but no outsiders had better do it!

Yes it’s horrible here. LA people should definitely stay in LA. 

F0CC38F0-033F-42A1-BC7C-7F803DE547E8.jpeg

• Like 7

16 minutes ago, T-Town said:

Yes it’s horrible here. LA people should definitely stay in LA. 

F0CC38F0-033F-42A1-BC7C-7F803DE547E8.jpeg

Yeah... people in LA shouldn't be talking about Seattle being a craphole.   But he did say LA is a mess too.

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

1 hour ago, Phil said:

See, this is why I can’t get invested. Ever.

Shows 110°F now. We cannot have nice things.

80F4605C-2B74-4CBF-A8E4-D2850094678A.gif

I like this version MUCH better!

• Like 1
  • Sick 1

Cold Season 2023/24:

Total snowfall: 26"

Highest daily snowfall: 5"

Deepest snow depth: 12"

Coldest daily high: -20ºF

Coldest daily low: -42ºF

Number of subzero days: 5

Personal Weather Station on Wunderground: 

https://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/dashboard?ID=KMTBOZEM152#history

1 hour ago, Phil said:

Folks in the Rockies/Plains are gonna f**king roast, though.

And later on the Midwest/Great Lakes will join them.

Considering the height anomaly it actually doesn't look to get all that hot here. We run 8-10F degrees cooler than the airport as well so it's not going to be anything close to record breaking at least up here.

Screen Shot 2022-07-01 at 6.59.56 PM.pngScreen Shot 2022-07-01 at 7.00.17 PM.png

• Like 2

Cold Season 2023/24:

Total snowfall: 26"

Highest daily snowfall: 5"

Deepest snow depth: 12"

Coldest daily high: -20ºF

Coldest daily low: -42ºF

Number of subzero days: 5

Personal Weather Station on Wunderground: 

https://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/dashboard?ID=KMTBOZEM152#history

43 minutes ago, Deweydog said:

I feel I never appreciated the fact it was a back to back job. Whole lotta dewness built up in those two months.

Surprisingly, July 2017 is the only one since then to pull it off around here. Battle Ground topped out at 89 that month before the early August inferno.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MV_snow said:

It’s funny that the LA person would crap all over Seattle, then say “they don’t want to get political.” Can’t have it both ways!

As much as I don’t like what Seattle has become in a lot of ways, I also get defensive when people from outside the area $hit on it. It’s like the Mariners: we can criticize them as much as we want, but no outsiders had better do it!

At least you guys have the rain to wash the shi!t away, they have to have people go out with pressure washers every morning to clean the side walks. 😂

• lol 1

25 minutes ago, BLI snowman said:

Surprisingly, July 2017 is the only one since then to pull it off around here. Battle Ground topped out at 89 that month before the early August inferno.

Even after that two year sub-88 juggernaut, July has managed to hold its own quite well despite the emotionally-crippling aspects of 2013-2021. Only a couple bonafide runaway torches.  

• Snow 1

My preferences can beat up your preferences’ dad.

Early in my career I would travel to do network upgrades. The dress code at the company at that time was a white dress shirt with a suit and tie.  We had an office in Fountain Valley in Orange County that I visited a couple times.  

On my first visit my coworkers took me to lunch at a burger shack at Huntington Beach about ten minutes from the office. We sat in our suits next to Jeff Spicoli and friends with the ocean across the street. I was impressed and do get the appeal of socal. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, T-Town said:

Early in my career I would travel to do network upgrades. The dress code at the company at that time was a white dress shirt with a suit and tie.  We had an office in Fountain Valley in Orange County that I visited a couple times.  

On my first visit my coworkers took me to lunch at a burger shack at Huntington Beach about ten minutes from the office. We sat in our suits next to Jeff Spicoli and friends with the ocean across the street. I was impressed and do get the appeal of socal. 

image.gif

• Like 1
  • lol 1

53 minutes ago, BLI snowman said:

July 2018 out of all years brought a record low (38) in Eugene for the entire month of July surprisingly.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, JBolin said:

Sedan or hatchback?

I prefer four doors myself, just a tad more leg room. 

I’ve never actually owned a Honda.😬

We did have an Accord as a rental a couple months ago though. Not too shabby. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, JBolin said:

You're as happy as a pig in s*** huh?

Nahhh... probably won't even be here and 68 with low clouds most of the day is not so great.   A day like today would be splendid.  

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

7 hours ago, Phishy Wx said:

what's the easiest way to immigrate to Canada?  the company I work for is Canadian based (offices in Toronto and Calgary)

after what's happen with the rogue Koch funded SCOTUS over the past week, this country's best days are behind it.  I'll be 'celebrating' this weekend with an upside down Flag.

Cheers!

Have you made up your mind which city you want to live in? Calgary seems like it has a PNW vibe to it and the surrounding area looks way more beautiful than Toronto.

• Like 1