On the 7th month of... July PNW 2022 (Preferance Wars)

The Blob

More original name title?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. More original name title?

• Yes
    • No
    • Preferance Wars

This poll is closed to new votes

30 minutes ago, T-Town said:

That’s pretty crazy. It seems you have marine influence to keep you cool in the summer but manage to get anomalously old and snowy in the winter. 

It’s true…I am getting old. 😞 

Down to 58. 

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth! 

12 minutes ago, Jginmartini said:

Hiked almost to the 3rd Burrough ( if your familiar with that hike) but forgot sunglasses in car.  Snow glare ( when I was in the snow field) was insane so had to turn around :( 

626085E7-5F07-47E4-8FF7-CC42A7385A7C.jpeg

CBEEBA12-0D22-42EC-B73B-986368905D2E.jpeg

Bro.. these photos are so nice. Nicely done!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cascadia_Wx said:

The upcoming heat pattern looks so odd at the 500mb level. There’s not even really a focused ridge, just a sprawling, amorphous area of high heights that sort of drifts over us and sits there for a week.

Maybe if we all point fans at it and aim east, it will blow away?  🤪

• Excited 1

18 minutes ago, GHweatherChris said:

You don't have a thermometer, no way you know for sure it was "76" there.

We have a thermometer.   But I go by the stations on either side of my house between 800-1,000 feet as we have discussed a million times.   It was 76 or 77 here today.  

I know it was too warm to eat dinner on the deck without positioning the umbrella just right so we could all be in the shade.    👍

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Marine layer in no rush to come inland tonight.    Guessing just broken clouds in the morning and another stellar summer day on tap.   

• Like 1

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

1 minute ago, TT-SEA said:

Marine layer in no rush to come inland tonight.    Guessing just broken clouds in the morning and another stellar summer day on tap.   

There was no marine layer up here today.  But there was a pleasant sea breeze.  Sunny and 75 this afternoon. 

Arctic front around day 10 looks delayed on the 0z GFS

• Like 1
  • Troll 1

Just now, TT-SEA said:

There's literally no threat of you having to suffer through the inhumanity of a mostly cloudy day any time soon, Tim.

Like the vast majority of the past month, it's looking like near wall to wall sunshine every afternoon.

• Like 3
  • Excited 1
  • scream 1

1 minute ago, ShawniganLake said:

There was no marine layer up here today.  But there was a pleasant sea breeze.  Sunny and 75 this afternoon. 

Arctic front around day 10 looks delayed on the 0z GFS

It was quite close... I was watching the weather up in Bellingham today and it was pretty cloudy in the Vancouver area for a good part of the day while it was sunny south of the border.  

• scream 1

1 minute ago, BLI snowman said:

There's literally no threat of you having to suffer through the inhumanity of a mostly cloudy day any time soon, Tim.

Like the vast majority of the past month, it's looking like near wall to wall sunshine every afternoon.

That is nice.    At least we get one month of the year where sun is the default.  That is not asking for much.  Last weekend was basically cloudy.    This weekend should be mostly sunny.   

• Sun 1
  • scream 1
  • Downvote 3

12 minutes ago, TT-SEA said:

We have a thermometer.   But I go by the stations on either side of my house between 800-1,000 feet as we have discussed a million times.   It was 76 or 77 here today.  

I know it was too warm to eat dinner on the deck without positioning the umbrella just right so we could all be in the shade.    👍

The only thermometer you have ever talked about owning is your car temp reading, that doesn't count.

Just now, GHweatherChris said:

The only thermometer you have ever talked about owning is your car temp reading, that doesn't count.

We have standard thermometer as well.    It was 77 degrees at the station just down the road to the west and 76 degrees at the station just down the road to the east.   If you want to spend all night debating what it was specifically in my sunny backyard then go ahead!    I don't really care... it was lovely.    Probably 76.5   😀

Canadian does not show much of a break down through day 10.

GFS shows a break down and then the ridge pops right back up. 

• scream 1

Left the bases loaded in the 8th... so close to breaking it open.     Would have been fun to see a go ahead grand slam with a sell out crowd.

2 minutes ago, TT-SEA said:

I hate the Astros.

I don’t think I’ve ever agreed with you more. F*** the Asterisks. 

• Like 5

Bend, OR

Elevation: 3550'

Snow History:

Nov: 1"

Dec: .5"

Jan: 1.9"

Feb: 12.7"

Mar: 1.0"

Total: 17.1"

2016/2017: 70"

2015/2016: 34"

Average: ~25"

2017/2018 Winter Temps

Lowest Min: 1F on 2/23

Lowest Max: 23F on 12/24, 2/22

Lows <32: 87

Highs <32: 13

The GFS is overdoing the heat so we’ll have to see. It called for a mid to upper-70s for SEA today and we were not even close. Euro was more accurate. 

I think we shave off 3-4 degrees to what the GFS is showing. Would still be in the 90s for next week. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, TT-SEA said:

I hate the Astros.

I knew the streak would come to an end this series. I was hoping to at least get to 15. Oh well! Focus on winning this series now

came out very flat after the All star break and no Julio hurts.

4 minutes ago, Cloud said:

The GFS is overdoing the heat so we’ll have to see. It called for a mid to upper-70s for SEA today and we were not even close. Euro was more accurate. 

I think we shave off 3-4 degrees to what the GFS is showing. Would still be in the 90s for next week. 

I got up to 77

2 minutes ago, Cloud said:

I knew the streak would come to an end this series. I was hoping to at least get to 15. Oh well! Focus on winning this series now

came out very flat after the All star break and no Julio hurts.

Too much down time this week... too much time to think.   Hopefully now that the pressure of the streak is gone they can get back into a relaxed groove again.  

10 minutes ago, RentonHillTC said:

I got up to 77

The GFS output for SEA is often quite accurate for the EPSL away from the water.    So in that regard the much maligned warm bias GFS output actually provides good information for out here.

• Like 1