On the 7th month of... July PNW 2022 (Preferance Wars)

The Blob

More original name title?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. More original name title?

• Yes
    • No
    • Preferance Wars

This poll is closed to new votes

7 minutes ago, SnowWillarrive said:

Is the EURO still showing low clouds coming in near Puget Sound in the morning? 

Probably to Tacoma tomorrow morning. 

• Like 1

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

6 minutes ago, Deweydog said:

Should make it to at least Kelso down here. 

I find it hard to believe SEA will be over 90 again tomorrow if the marine layer clouds are into Tacoma by morning.   ECMWF shows around 90 at SEA through Sunday with the marine layer making it close to SEA every morning.    Strange deal.  

• Like 3

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

1 minute ago, TT-SEA said:

I find it hard to believe SEA will be over 90 again tomorrow if the marine layer clouds are into Tacoma by morning.     ECMWF shows around 90 at SEA through Sunday with the marine layer making it close to SEA every morning.    Strange deal.  

Hard to stay below 90 with thicknesses up around 580dm. Generally you need HCS condition in order to pull it off.

• Troll 1

My preferences can beat up your preferences’ dad.

ECMWF for 6 a.m. tomorrow morning... there are some high clouds creeping up from the south and the marine layer is well inland.    Just doesn't make sense that it would be as hot as it is today.   But that is what it shows.    

It actually shows tomorrow will be 3 degrees warmer than today.    It showed 89 for today and 92 for tomorrow.

ecmwf-deterministic-washington-total_cloud-8926800.png

• Like 2
  • Popcorn 1

Some Quick Temperature Reads Around The Region.  I use the main airport or downtown for all locations.

Bellingham - 87F

Everett - 84F

Seattle - 91F

Tacoma - 91F

Yakima - 101F

Kennewick - 105F

Spokane - 96F

Astoria - 69F

Portland - 100F

Salem - 106F

Eugene - 100F

Medford - 105F

Bend - 98F

Crescent City - 62F 

Boise - 102F

Helena - 90F

Billings - 89F

Victoria - 89F

Vancouver - 94F

Kamloops - 98F

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Cascadia_Wx said:

Like celebrating Russia overthrowing Ukraine.

Quoting yourself is a bad look... like the edit disclaimer that appears on the bottom every post I make because I always go back and fix something.

• Confused 1
  • Troll 2
  • Weenie 1

Eugene/Springfield has officially tied the record high for the date of 102F. Goddam!!

• Like 1
  • Popcorn 1
  • Sun 1
  • Sick 2

Springfield, Oregon regular season 2023-24 Stats:

• Coldest high: 25F (Jan 14, 2024)
  • Coldest low: 20F (Jan 14, 2024)
  • Days with below freezing temps: 24 (Most recent: Mar 8, 2024)
  • Days with sub-40F highs: 4 (Most recent: Jan 16, 2024)
  • Total snowfall: 0.0"
  • Total ice: 2.25”
  • Last accumulating snowfall on roads: Dec 27, 2021 (1.9")
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 15, 2024 (27F)
  • Last White Christmas: 1990
  • Significant wind events (gusts 45+): 0

Personal Stats:

• Last accumulating snowfall on roads: Dec 27, 2021
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 16, 2024 (32F)
  • Last White Christmas: 2008
  • Total snowfall since joining TheWeatherForums: 42.0"
  • Sub-freezing highs since joining TheWeatherForums: 4

Venmo

GoFundMe "College Basketball vs Epilepsy": gf.me/u/zk3pj2

My Twitter @CBBjerseys4hope

14 minutes ago, TT-SEA said:

ECMWF for 6 a.m. tomorrow morning... there are some high clouds creeping up from the south and the marine layer is well inland.    Just doesn't make sense that it would be as hot as it is today.   But that is what it shows.    

It actually shows tomorrow will be 3 degrees warmer than today.    It showed 89 for today and 92 for tomorrow.

ecmwf-deterministic-washington-total_cloud-8926800.png

I’m not sure I’ve ever seen a 90 degree day that started with marine clouds. That has to be very unusual. 

• Like 3

Its r

1 minute ago, T-Town said:

I’m not sure I’ve ever seen a 90 degree day that started with marine clouds. That has to be very unusual. 

It will be interesting to watch tomorrow.  

• Like 2

On 7/17/2022 at 12:07 PM, Cascadia_Wx said:

I’m sure we will get the alphabet soup explanation of WHAT WENT WRONG after seeing a couple days in the triple digits the last week of July 

6 hours ago, Phil said:

Starting to think this pattern can be traced back to the deposition of tropical AAM back in May, that subsequently worked its way out of the tropics and through the system. Same goes for the other heatwaves roasting the middle latitudes this summer.

D**n I’m good 😎 

• Like 5
  • Excited 1
  • lol 2

Summer ☀️ grows while Winter ❄️  goes

So we are looking at 12 days above 90 at PDX in July?    Today is number 7.   Almost 40% of the days at or above 90 by time July is in the books.

Assuming it gets to 90 every day for the rest of the month which is what the 12Z ECMWF showed.

12 is actually very close to 0 if you think about it.    😎

• Like 1
  • Popcorn 1
  • Troll 1

Just now, Cloud said:

The surface temps the GFS shows for tomorrow is wrong though if cloudiness is in play tomorrow morning. Particularly for Tacoma.

ECMWF shows 92 at SEA tomorrow and it shows the marine layer clouds.  It was 5 degrees too cold for today.

12 minutes ago, TacomaWx said:

We’ve got a slight NE breeze might’ve been the difference here versus over there. Wasn’t expecting you to be 3 degrees warmer though. 

I have a sensor hanging from the eves of the house so could be that there’s a couple degrees margin for error there vs a real weather station. 

Looks like PDX will top out at 102 today.🤮 #no90sjuly

• Like 1
  • Excited 1
  • Sick 1

Cold Season 2023/24:

Total snowfall: 26"

Highest daily snowfall: 5"

Deepest snow depth: 12"

Coldest daily high: -20ºF

Coldest daily low: -42ºF

Number of subzero days: 5

Personal Weather Station on Wunderground: 

https://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/dashboard?ID=KMTBOZEM152#history