On the 7th month of... July PNW 2022 (Preferance Wars)

The Blob

More original name title?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. More original name title?

• Yes
    • No
    • Preferance Wars

This poll is closed to new votes

7 hours ago, Meatyorologist said:

You can change font size by highlighting your text in the editor box, then opening the "size" dropdown menu in the upper right.

Whatever size you select will be applied to the highlighted text.

And you can make it any size you want!

I don't have a size option in my editor box.  See image below.  maybe only admins can do that.

Screen Shot 2022-07-31 at 11.58.49 PM.png

3 hours ago, Deweydog said:

Roll the credits, SHUT IT DOWN!

You don’t have to go home but you can’t stay here…

PDX:

92/59

99/66

102/67

96/67

96/67

100/69

102/69

98/69

SEA:

84/56

87/62

94/65

91/61

94/61

95/63

95/63

95/65

Thank you.  That is pretty incredible.  I remember when the models were saying that Tuesday might be the hottest day.  I can't believe the hotel days came towards the end of the heatwave and just stayed hot.  Even Monday is going to be hot to traditional NW standards.  

As mentioned in my earlier wildfire/smoke update post, models do show lower level smoke making it's way through much of western Oregon, and eastern Oregon.  We can only hope it blows east, but who knows exactly what will happen.  It is likely the Portland metro will be good for a few days, but the possibility of some high aloft smoke isn't out of the question.  

Washington looks pretty smoke free on all models I've looked at, at least nothing low to the ground.

But models can totally be wrong, they are just ... models... estimates... guesses....

Screen Shot 2022-08-01 at 12.09.27 AM.png

Good bye July, excited to see you AUGUST! 

• Like 2

Page Az.  In the 90s but just doesn’t really matter.  Been enjoying the constant storms everyday popping up around me. Last night from my hotel room I enjoyed this cell all night long.  Looked to be over the Grand Canyon area.  Sorry about the music in video…neighboring room playing his music. 
attachimg video but I know it usually doesn’t play for some so will attached one still shot. 

EDA6B98F-5F61-4253-A954-93004A61B3ED.png

• Like 5

8 hours ago, snow_wizard said:

Looks like the 6000 heights over the GOA have actually verified.  If not for that cutoff low we would probably be going into a really abnormal cool period this week.

Tim is correct that the poleward +U wind is what’s leading to the ULL tendency in the pattern (and is associated with the bloated 4CH).

It’s not that one ULL is altering the entire pattern, more that the nature of the pattern is allowing for the existence of the ULL.

• Like 1

Its amazing how much difference 5 degrees can make.  I woke up to a most glorious 56 degrees and had a shiver while standing out in the back yard with the dog.  I LOVED IT!

Its getting in to the range for me to start paying attention to the weather in Georgia.  Not looking forward to the heat, but hoping for a proper thunderstorm while I am back there.  Currently 78 with the DP at 73 back there......UGH

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Chewbacca Defense said:

Its amazing how much difference 5 degrees can make.  I woke up to a most glorious 56 degrees and had a shiver while standing out in the back yard with the dog.  I LOVED IT!

Its getting in to the range for me to start paying attention to the weather in Georgia.  Not looking forward to the heat, but hoping for a proper thunderstorm while I am back there.  Currently 78 with the DP at 73 back there......UGH

Wrong thread!

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

23 minutes ago, Chewbacca Defense said:

I always wish for a massive Summer Thunderboomer when I go home to SC.

• Like 1

• Guest unpinned this topic