Jump to content

On the 7th month of... July PNW 2022 (Preferance Wars)


More original name title?  

21 members have voted

  1. 1. More original name title?

    • Yes
      8
    • No
      4
    • Preferance Wars
      9

This poll is closed to new votes


Recommended Posts

38 minutes ago, Timmy Supercell said:

The katydids are loud at night. They last longer now too. I remember hearing them up until 4am this morning. They start right after the cicadas stop. 

Yeah it’s interesting how nature works like that. They each have their allotted time slots lol.

  • lol 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12z Euro spontaneously develops a tropical cyclone over the Chesapeake Bay from a cold front. :lol: Thought I had mistakenly clicked on the goofus link instead of Euro one.

  • Snow 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Longtimer
6 minutes ago, BLI snowman said:

I'm not sure there have been many 6"+ events here that were all that huge at your location. The shallow gorge outflow events that really nail us usually produce ZR or 33F rain for you up there.

It's true. February 2021, January 2017, January 1998, January 1980 are good examples. We did have a couple inches of snow with the January 2017 event, but it was in the post frontal airmass early the next morning, when it was snowing in Portland it was raining up here. 

On the other hand events that are big for Eugene are almost certainly big events up here, unless we are north of the main moisture field (December 2013). But December 2021, February 2019, March 2012, January 2008, January 1969, etc... were pretty legit up here. 

Snowfall                                  Precip

2021-22: 52.6"                    2021-22: 82.13" 

2020-21: 12.0"                    2020-21: 71.59"

2019-20: 23.5"                   2019-20: 58.54"

2018-19: 63.5"                   2018-19: 66.33"

2017-18: 30.3"                   2017-18: 59.83"

2016-17: 49.2"                   2016-17: 97.58"

2015-16: 11.75"                 2015-16: 68.67"

2014-15: 3.5"
2013-14: 11.75"                  2013-14: 62.30
2012-13: 16.75"                 2012-13: 78.45  

2011-12: 98.5"                   2011-12: 92.67"

It's always sunny at Winters Hill! 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

70 and partly sunny another nice fairly muggy day. Some showers down south of Olympia currently but overall coverage is a lot less than yesterday. 

  • Like 1

22-23 cold season stats

Coldest max-65

Coldest min-48

Monthly rainfall-0.04”

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If the euros right we won’t even be able to consider this a heatwave here honestly just a couple low to mid 80s factoring in the euro cool bias. 

  • Like 1

22-23 cold season stats

Coldest max-65

Coldest min-48

Monthly rainfall-0.04”

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Longtimer

Currently 59. Cool day. 

Snowfall                                  Precip

2021-22: 52.6"                    2021-22: 82.13" 

2020-21: 12.0"                    2020-21: 71.59"

2019-20: 23.5"                   2019-20: 58.54"

2018-19: 63.5"                   2018-19: 66.33"

2017-18: 30.3"                   2017-18: 59.83"

2016-17: 49.2"                   2016-17: 97.58"

2015-16: 11.75"                 2015-16: 68.67"

2014-15: 3.5"
2013-14: 11.75"                  2013-14: 62.30
2012-13: 16.75"                 2012-13: 78.45  

2011-12: 98.5"                   2011-12: 92.67"

It's always sunny at Winters Hill! 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Back on the other side of the pass. The forests you get around 3000-4000’ in the western Cascades with the big trunk diameter Douglas Firs and Western Hemlocks are some of my favorite PNW forests. Around Santiam Junction is a good example. I am aware they get way bigger away from the highway.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Longtimer
3 minutes ago, Omegaraptor said:

Back on the other side of the pass. The forests you get around 3000-4000’ in the western Cascades with the big trunk diameter Douglas Firs and Western Hemlocks are some of my favorite PNW forests. Around Santiam Junction is a good example. I am aware they get way bigger away from the highway.

The forests of the Opal Creek Wilderness were some of the best. REST IN PEACE. 

The best unburned forest I can think of is in the Middle Santiam basin. 

Some of the forests of the Silver Falls "backcountry" are pretty impressive. I have been exploring the under utilized trail system east of HWY 214, and there are some massive trees back in there. That whole area was logged very heavily in the 1880s-1920s, but they either missed some of those trees, or that area was logged first and those trees are 150+ years old, if they aren't old growth they are very close. 

  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

Snowfall                                  Precip

2021-22: 52.6"                    2021-22: 82.13" 

2020-21: 12.0"                    2020-21: 71.59"

2019-20: 23.5"                   2019-20: 58.54"

2018-19: 63.5"                   2018-19: 66.33"

2017-18: 30.3"                   2017-18: 59.83"

2016-17: 49.2"                   2016-17: 97.58"

2015-16: 11.75"                 2015-16: 68.67"

2014-15: 3.5"
2013-14: 11.75"                  2013-14: 62.30
2012-13: 16.75"                 2012-13: 78.45  

2011-12: 98.5"                   2011-12: 92.67"

It's always sunny at Winters Hill! 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, SilverFallsAndrew said:

The forests of the Opal Creek Wilderness were some of the best. REST IN PEACE. 

The best unburned forest I can think of is in the Middle Santiam basin. 

Some of the forests of the Silver Falls "backcountry" are pretty impressive. I have been exploring the under utilized trail system east of HWY 214, and there are some massive trees back in there. That whole area was logged very heavily in the 1880s-1920s, but they either missed some of those trees, or that area was logged first and those trees are 150+ years old, if they aren't old growth they are very close. 

C5EF85C1-76DD-42A9-88B4-14148C13E534.thumb.jpeg.add7d998531b1b681bfb2e84ba5cbd4f.jpeg
 

Here’s a picture I took on the Trail of Ten Falls in March 2021. This is that section after the last fall going back to the parking lot that is close to the road. 

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Longtimer
4 minutes ago, Omegaraptor said:

C5EF85C1-76DD-42A9-88B4-14148C13E534.thumb.jpeg.add7d998531b1b681bfb2e84ba5cbd4f.jpeg
 

Here’s a picture I took on the Trail of Ten Falls in March 2021. This is that section after the last fall going back to the parking lot that is close to the road. 

The biggest trees I have seen in the park are along the Howard Creek Loop trail and the Buck Mountain trail. We also know this area was heavily impacted by the massive Silverton Fire in the 1860s, though little knowledge of that fire has been passed down we understand it was approximately a million acres and is the largest known fire in Oregon history. My understanding is it burned along the foothills between Silverton and Molalla and then back towards Table Rock. So parts of the Beachie Creek and Riverside Fires burned in its historical footprint. Wish there was more information on the Silverton Fire, but I've never even been able to find a map of where it actually burned exactly, just the general area. Not known how it was caused either, but a good chance is it was started by agricultural burning as the area was already widely settled by Europeans at that point.  

  • Like 2

Snowfall                                  Precip

2021-22: 52.6"                    2021-22: 82.13" 

2020-21: 12.0"                    2020-21: 71.59"

2019-20: 23.5"                   2019-20: 58.54"

2018-19: 63.5"                   2018-19: 66.33"

2017-18: 30.3"                   2017-18: 59.83"

2016-17: 49.2"                   2016-17: 97.58"

2015-16: 11.75"                 2015-16: 68.67"

2014-15: 3.5"
2013-14: 11.75"                  2013-14: 62.30
2012-13: 16.75"                 2012-13: 78.45  

2011-12: 98.5"                   2011-12: 92.67"

It's always sunny at Winters Hill! 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Longtimer
56 minutes ago, SilverFallsAndrew said:

It's true. February 2021, January 2017, January 1998, January 1980 are good examples. We did have a couple inches of snow with the January 2017 event, but it was in the post frontal airmass early the next morning, when it was snowing in Portland it was raining up here. 

On the other hand events that are big for Eugene are almost certainly big events up here, unless we are north of the main moisture field (December 2013). But December 2021, February 2019, March 2012, January 2008, January 1969, etc... were pretty legit up here. 

The western slopes of the Oregon Cascades also really tend to be a sweet spot for anafronts, historically. Likely due to the tendency for some Pacific cold fronts to lose steam and kind of stall out perpendicularly as they trudge over the higher terrain in SW OR, which allows an isothermal column. Eugene does well with them too being at the south end of the valley.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, RentonHillTC said:

where is the best place to get past weather data for local wX reporting stations? Specifically, say if i wanted to use the LEECHER station and see historical cumulative rainfall for previous years up to this date (e.g., 2015 Jan-Jun, 2016 Jan-Jun, and so on) where would i go and how would i do that? Thanks in advance. 

I'd usually go ACIS and look up the OTX (Spokane) code to find the weather station, but it doesn't seem to be on there. With a quick internet search I found the WRCC page, but I'm not sure that will allow you to see historical cumulative rainfall without quite a bit of manual digging/calculation.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Home Wx Station Stats (Since January 2008):

Max Temp: 96.3F (2009)   Min Temp: 2.0F (2008)   Max Wind Gust: 45 mph (2018, 2021)   Wettest Day: 2.24 (2010)   Avg Yearly Precip: 37"   10yr Avg Snow: 5.8"

Snowfall Totals

'08-09: 30" | '09-10: 0.5" | '10-11: 21" | '11-12: 9.5" | '12-13: 0.2" | '13-14: 6.2" | '14-15: 0.0" | '15-16: 0.25"| '16-17: 8.0" | '17-18: 0.9"| '18-19: 11.5" | '19-20: 11" | '20-21: 10.5"

2021-22: 21.75" (12/24: Tr, 12/25: 5", 12/26: 3", 12/27: 1.5", 12/28: Tr, 12/29: 1", 12/30: 3", 1/5: 2.5", 1/6: 1", 2/2: Tr, 2/21: 1.5", 2/22: 0.75", 2/23: 1.5", 2/24: 1")

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Skagit Weather said:

I'd usually go ACIS and look up the OTX (Spokane) code to find the weather station, but it doesn't seem to be on there. With a quick internet search I found the WRCC page, but I'm not sure that will allow you to see historical cumulative rainfall without quite a bit of manual digging/calculation.

This is perfect. thanks

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Longtimer

Going back to the topic of February 2019 (And the first week of March 2019), the amazing thing about that period was how little moderation there was. We were in a cool/cold regime for about 5 weeks, the only warm up at all we had was around the 11-14th, at 1600' that was pretty much the only point between February 2nd and March 10th where rain fell, and even then we did not have highs above 40. At Silver Falls the average monthly maximum was I believe the 4th coldest in the 1938-present period, though unfortunately they are missing January 1950, so we can assume 5th... Still for that to have occurred in February is pretty astonishing. 

  • Like 4

Snowfall                                  Precip

2021-22: 52.6"                    2021-22: 82.13" 

2020-21: 12.0"                    2020-21: 71.59"

2019-20: 23.5"                   2019-20: 58.54"

2018-19: 63.5"                   2018-19: 66.33"

2017-18: 30.3"                   2017-18: 59.83"

2016-17: 49.2"                   2016-17: 97.58"

2015-16: 11.75"                 2015-16: 68.67"

2014-15: 3.5"
2013-14: 11.75"                  2013-14: 62.30
2012-13: 16.75"                 2012-13: 78.45  

2011-12: 98.5"                   2011-12: 92.67"

It's always sunny at Winters Hill! 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12z EPS holds firm on propagating large scale subsidence into the WPAC domain ~ 7/20.

I’m still bullish on a flip to -PNA/+NPO around that timeframe. Legit NW North America trough pattern.

6DF9563B-3B9F-4018-9270-7313FD02D6F1.png

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Longtimer

Looks like SLE is at 73, currently 64 here. Looks like we'll nail down another sub-70 high. 

Snowfall                                  Precip

2021-22: 52.6"                    2021-22: 82.13" 

2020-21: 12.0"                    2020-21: 71.59"

2019-20: 23.5"                   2019-20: 58.54"

2018-19: 63.5"                   2018-19: 66.33"

2017-18: 30.3"                   2017-18: 59.83"

2016-17: 49.2"                   2016-17: 97.58"

2015-16: 11.75"                 2015-16: 68.67"

2014-15: 3.5"
2013-14: 11.75"                  2013-14: 62.30
2012-13: 16.75"                 2012-13: 78.45  

2011-12: 98.5"                   2011-12: 92.67"

It's always sunny at Winters Hill! 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Phil said:

Ugh man, it’s days like that which make me question the meaning of life.

 

3 hours ago, RentonHillTC said:

You have to wonder why people stayed there. I guess you acclimate eventually. But still, for the first europeans were they just like yooo this sucks but theres already people here so i guess we cant just bail on the place. How many towns were founded by people who showed up in the right time of the year and were like hey this weather is great lets build here...and then were just stuck when the normal weather returned and put up with it. 

Way too humid in the summer. I couldn't live there year round even though I love their Cajun and Creole cuisine. 

2015930073_HumidityComfortLevelsinNewOrleans2x.thumb.png.7932cdf9ba4df5aadb8813d4b188a9d5.png

  • Like 2
  • scream 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Longtimer
5 hours ago, Meatyorologist said:

Randy is notorious for putting up championship snow totals in almost any weather pattern. I'm mildly surprised he doesn't have a number for this July yet.

Here was last Sunday’s total. 

1709E357-1C86-4224-9754-D410689F273C.jpeg

  • Like 1
  • Excited 1
  • lol 2

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Longtimer

Ran over to Wenatchee and back this morning for work. Hit pockets of light rain between Monroe and Skykomish. Was partly cloudy in Wenatchee this morning when I arrived around 10am but it was already 74 degrees which was lovely!! 

F8488AF4-2922-48CE-952A-E44C48DDF0F3.jpeg

  • Like 1

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, MossMan said:

Here was last Sunday’s total. 

1709E357-1C86-4224-9754-D410689F273C.jpeg

hmmm. Running behind last year so far

  • lol 2

Weather stats for MBY

Snowfall:

-Total snowfall since joining: 45.25"

-2018-19: 21"

-2019-20: 2.5"

-2020-21: 13"

-2021-22: 8.75"

-Most recent snowfall: 0.25”; February 24th, 2022

-Largest snowfall (single storm): 8.5"; February 12-13, 2021

-Largest snow depth: 14"; 1:30am February 12th, 2019

Temperatures:

-Warmest: 109F; June 28th, 2021

-Coldest: 13F; December 27th, 2021

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, MossMan said:

Ran over to Wenatchee and back this morning for work. Hit pockets of light rain between Monroe and Skykomish. Was partly cloudy in Wenatchee this morning when I arrived around 10am but it was already 74 degrees which was lovely!! 

F8488AF4-2922-48CE-952A-E44C48DDF0F3.jpeg

Heading to Leavenworth for a few days next week. Looks like one hot day and then some mid to upper 80s. Looking forward to it. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Longtimer

People may be surprised, but I used to love heatwaves. But when you also love cold anomalies, and they pretty much never occur anymore in the summer, historic heatwaves just become depressing after a while. To the point where I now despise any summer heat. But if I go to Oklahoma or Missouri in the summer it doesn't bother me, nothing new there, when in Rome they say. 

  • Like 3

Snowfall                                  Precip

2021-22: 52.6"                    2021-22: 82.13" 

2020-21: 12.0"                    2020-21: 71.59"

2019-20: 23.5"                   2019-20: 58.54"

2018-19: 63.5"                   2018-19: 66.33"

2017-18: 30.3"                   2017-18: 59.83"

2016-17: 49.2"                   2016-17: 97.58"

2015-16: 11.75"                 2015-16: 68.67"

2014-15: 3.5"
2013-14: 11.75"                  2013-14: 62.30
2012-13: 16.75"                 2012-13: 78.45  

2011-12: 98.5"                   2011-12: 92.67"

It's always sunny at Winters Hill! 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

82D5DCA6-EAB4-4EBB-9E99-1713D995CA11.jpeg

Beautiful cloudscapes this afternoon on the light rail. Struggling pop up showers across the Sound showing off their stuff.

  • Like 3

Weather stats for MBY

Snowfall:

-Total snowfall since joining: 45.25"

-2018-19: 21"

-2019-20: 2.5"

-2020-21: 13"

-2021-22: 8.75"

-Most recent snowfall: 0.25”; February 24th, 2022

-Largest snowfall (single storm): 8.5"; February 12-13, 2021

-Largest snow depth: 14"; 1:30am February 12th, 2019

Temperatures:

-Warmest: 109F; June 28th, 2021

-Coldest: 13F; December 27th, 2021

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, SilverFallsAndrew said:

People may be surprised, but I used to love heatwaves. But when you also love cold anomalies, and they pretty much never occur anymore in the summer, historic heatwaves just become depressing after a while. To the point where I now despise any summer heat. But if I go to Oklahoma or Missouri in the summer it doesn't bother me, nothing new there, when in Rome they say. 

We used to go to Vegas all the time and I would always want it to be as hot as possible because I like experiencing extreme weather. It was 114 one time and that cured me of wishing for extreme heat. I still like sun and warmth in the summer but heat waves don’t really do it for me any more. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Longtimer
4 minutes ago, T-Town said:

We used to go to Vegas all the time and I would always want it to be as hot as possible because I like experiencing extreme weather. It was 114 one time and that cured me of wishing for extreme heat. I still like sun and warmth in the summer but heat waves don’t really do it for me any more. 

It's so wild to me that Salem's all-time high is now the same as Vegas. Doesn't even make sense to my puny little brain. 

Snowfall                                  Precip

2021-22: 52.6"                    2021-22: 82.13" 

2020-21: 12.0"                    2020-21: 71.59"

2019-20: 23.5"                   2019-20: 58.54"

2018-19: 63.5"                   2018-19: 66.33"

2017-18: 30.3"                   2017-18: 59.83"

2016-17: 49.2"                   2016-17: 97.58"

2015-16: 11.75"                 2015-16: 68.67"

2014-15: 3.5"
2013-14: 11.75"                  2013-14: 62.30
2012-13: 16.75"                 2012-13: 78.45  

2011-12: 98.5"                   2011-12: 92.67"

It's always sunny at Winters Hill! 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Longtimer

Sort of cleared out this afternoon, and we easily hit the low 70s. Nice day, been working in the home office, but the kids are running wild outside. 

Snowfall                                  Precip

2021-22: 52.6"                    2021-22: 82.13" 

2020-21: 12.0"                    2020-21: 71.59"

2019-20: 23.5"                   2019-20: 58.54"

2018-19: 63.5"                   2018-19: 66.33"

2017-18: 30.3"                   2017-18: 59.83"

2016-17: 49.2"                   2016-17: 97.58"

2015-16: 11.75"                 2015-16: 68.67"

2014-15: 3.5"
2013-14: 11.75"                  2013-14: 62.30
2012-13: 16.75"                 2012-13: 78.45  

2011-12: 98.5"                   2011-12: 92.67"

It's always sunny at Winters Hill! 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, T-Town said:

We used to go to Vegas all the time and I would always want it to be as hot as possible because I like experiencing extreme weather. It was 114 one time and that cured me of wishing for extreme heat. I still like sun and warmth in the summer but heat waves don’t really do it for me any more. 

I went to ASU and it was 115+ during welcome week and my family was just like.....nope this is awful you've made a terrible mistake. I was on cloud nine beginning my college journey and had a similar mindset as you - the hotter the better! That went away fast. The temps did not. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Very scenic sky today. 

North Bend got up to 79... down to 78 now.   SEA is at 76.

Our garden is just insane.   This has clearly been garden-friendly weather.  

  • Downvote 1

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I went to Death Valley once when it was 123F. Water bottle which was ice cold turned hot to the touch within a minute. Also rooted for that.

Felt kind of nice, actually, like standing in front of an oven, especially with the wind at your face. Would NOT enjoy it for more than 15 mins or so at a time

  • Like 1
  • scream 2

Weather stats for MBY

Snowfall:

-Total snowfall since joining: 45.25"

-2018-19: 21"

-2019-20: 2.5"

-2020-21: 13"

-2021-22: 8.75"

-Most recent snowfall: 0.25”; February 24th, 2022

-Largest snowfall (single storm): 8.5"; February 12-13, 2021

-Largest snow depth: 14"; 1:30am February 12th, 2019

Temperatures:

-Warmest: 109F; June 28th, 2021

-Coldest: 13F; December 27th, 2021

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Lots going on for my family so I've been way out of the loop. Hope everybody's enjoying the offseason.

A beautiful 78F here with mostly clear skies. One of those days where we probly have the most pleasant conditions on the entire planet.

  • Like 2
  • Sun 1

Springfield, Oregon cold season 21-22 Stats:

  • Coldest high: 35F (Dec 27, 2021)
  • Coldest low: 17F (Feb 23, 2022)
  • Days with below freezing temps: 36 (Most recent: Apr 17, 2022)
  • Days with sub-40F highs: 5 (Most recent: Jan 17, 2022)
  • Total snowfall: 10.0"
  • Last accumulating snowfall: December 28, 2021
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 14, 2017 (31F) *Longest streak without a sub-freezing high on record*
  • Last White Christmas: 1990
  • Significant wind events (gusts 45+): 0

Personal Stats:

  • Last accumulating snowfall: December 28, 2021
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 14, 2017 (31)
  • Last White Christmas: 2008
  • Total snowfall since joining TheWeatherForums: 30.7"

 

Venmo

GoFundMe "College Basketball vs Epilepsy": gf.me/u/zk3pj2

My Twitter @358jerseys4hope

24

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Longtimer
3 minutes ago, TigerWoodsLibido said:

Lots going on for my family so I've been way out of the loop. Hope everybody's enjoying the offseason.

A beautiful 78F here with mostly clear skies. One of those days where we probly have the most pleasant conditions on the entire planet.

Thinking of you guys. I've seen your wife's updates and that's such a tough situation. :(

  • Like 1

Snowfall                                  Precip

2021-22: 52.6"                    2021-22: 82.13" 

2020-21: 12.0"                    2020-21: 71.59"

2019-20: 23.5"                   2019-20: 58.54"

2018-19: 63.5"                   2018-19: 66.33"

2017-18: 30.3"                   2017-18: 59.83"

2016-17: 49.2"                   2016-17: 97.58"

2015-16: 11.75"                 2015-16: 68.67"

2014-15: 3.5"
2013-14: 11.75"                  2013-14: 62.30
2012-13: 16.75"                 2012-13: 78.45  

2011-12: 98.5"                   2011-12: 92.67"

It's always sunny at Winters Hill! 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

75/58 today definitely on the humid side no rainfall today. Wouldn’t be surprised if we did get some rain later this afternoon but I doubt it. 

  • Like 1

22-23 cold season stats

Coldest max-65

Coldest min-48

Monthly rainfall-0.04”

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, T-Town said:

Can’t draw it up much better than today. Mid 70s with abundant sun and interesting clouds. Yes please.  

DB9DD9F0-ACD9-43DE-BF49-7979BA9C90D1.jpeg

Beautiful skyscape 🙌

  • Like 1

Weather stats for MBY

Snowfall:

-Total snowfall since joining: 45.25"

-2018-19: 21"

-2019-20: 2.5"

-2020-21: 13"

-2021-22: 8.75"

-Most recent snowfall: 0.25”; February 24th, 2022

-Largest snowfall (single storm): 8.5"; February 12-13, 2021

-Largest snow depth: 14"; 1:30am February 12th, 2019

Temperatures:

-Warmest: 109F; June 28th, 2021

-Coldest: 13F; December 27th, 2021

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, Meatyorologist said:

I went to Death Valley once when it was 123F. Water bottle which was ice cold turned hot to the touch within a minute. Also rooted for that.

Felt kind of nice, actually, like standing in front of an oven, especially with the wind at your face. Would NOT enjoy it for more than 15 mins or so at a time

Yeah it’s fun to go have the experience. But I can’t imagine living in a place where the temp regularly exceeds 100 degrees. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Today I actually really enjoyed the sun. Walking home it was nice. Everything has so much color and the clouds are great.

  • Like 3

Weather stats for MBY

Snowfall:

-Total snowfall since joining: 45.25"

-2018-19: 21"

-2019-20: 2.5"

-2020-21: 13"

-2021-22: 8.75"

-Most recent snowfall: 0.25”; February 24th, 2022

-Largest snowfall (single storm): 8.5"; February 12-13, 2021

-Largest snow depth: 14"; 1:30am February 12th, 2019

Temperatures:

-Warmest: 109F; June 28th, 2021

-Coldest: 13F; December 27th, 2021

Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, TigerWoodsLibido said:

Lots going on for my family so I've been way out of the loop. Hope everybody's enjoying the offseason.

A beautiful 78F here with mostly clear skies. One of those days where we probly have the most pleasant conditions on the entire planet.

When you're rooting for thunderstorms instead of Arctic outbreaks, there is no offseason -- it's simply a different sport. ;)

Hope you're doing as well as you can friend.

  • Like 1

Weather stats for MBY

Snowfall:

-Total snowfall since joining: 45.25"

-2018-19: 21"

-2019-20: 2.5"

-2020-21: 13"

-2021-22: 8.75"

-Most recent snowfall: 0.25”; February 24th, 2022

-Largest snowfall (single storm): 8.5"; February 12-13, 2021

-Largest snow depth: 14"; 1:30am February 12th, 2019

Temperatures:

-Warmest: 109F; June 28th, 2021

-Coldest: 13F; December 27th, 2021

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Meatyorologist said:

Today I actually really enjoyed the sun. Walking home it was nice. Everything has so much color and the clouds are great.

Nice to be able to enjoy nice weather when we actually get rain mixed in from time to time 

  • Like 2

22-23 cold season stats

Coldest max-65

Coldest min-48

Monthly rainfall-0.04”

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Meatyorologist changed the title to On the 7th month of... July PNW 2022 (Preferance Wars)

Hit 68F earlier in the day, now it is 66F.  It has been cloudy to partly sunny throughout the day.  Very calm, nice day. No precipitation all day.

The forecast shows no signs of a heat wave.

Screen Shot 2022-07-07 at 6.14.47 PM.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, RentonHillTC said:

I went to ASU and it was 115+ during welcome week and my family was just like.....nope this is awful you've made a terrible mistake. I was on cloud nine beginning my college journey and had a similar mindset as you - the hotter the better! That went away fast. The temps did not. 

Laughlin sometimes has 115+ air temperatures with the river water in the low 60s.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Chris unpinned this topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share


×
×
  • Create New...