On the 7th month of... July PNW 2022 (Preferance Wars)

The Blob

More original name title?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. More original name title?

• Yes
    • No
    • Preferance Wars

This poll is closed to new votes

9 minutes ago, GHweatherChris said:

The pleasant North Bend dude.

I... I.... only know one person here from North Bend, but they are still here.  So I clearly didn't know whomever this was was also from North Bend?  Sorry, I don't know everyone yet. Not everyone sent me their biographies yet. ;)  I mainly know people based on their username and avatar.  Oh, and if they are nice. :)

Edit: Oh crumbs!  Not 1000'NorthBend!  :(  I don't get why you would leave. :(

• Like 2
  • Troll 1

11 minutes ago, TacomaWx said:

Definitely getting a bit of marine influence here too. Not a big crash like the end of the last warm spell but it’s cooling off nicely. 

It’s funny, this is shaping up to be a more impressive evening marine push than what we saw in late June. Temps were slow to drop initially with that one.

Edited by Cascadia_Wx
  • Like 1

Summer ☀️ grows while Winter ❄️  goes

10 minutes ago, GHweatherChris said:

Noone on this forum does what you do daily.

4 hours ago, TT-SEA said:

And across the street from your house its 83 or 84... like the rest of our area.   😁

Point it out then.

The above post was what caused the issue today.   That was it.   And what I said was actually accurate.    But I should not have quoted him because I assume he thinks I am saying his weather station data is wrong.    Which was not my intent and I apologized.

• Downvote 2

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

30 minutes ago, Cascadia_Wx said:

You’d think with all the excess warmth and atmospheric moisture around the globe we’d be able to line something up 

Troughier summers are typically better overall for our chances. Especially nowadays since even our troughier midsummer stretches still find a way to feature abundant warmth.

• Like 2

18Z ECMWF shows 71 at SEA tomorrow... GFS shows 82.     It will be interesting to see where it ends up.   The ECMWF actually shows 71 with almost full sunshine too.  

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

12 minutes ago, TT-SEA said:

Point it out then.

The above post was what caused the issue today.   That was it.   And what I said was actually accurate.    But I should not have quoted him because I assume he thinks I am saying his weather station data is wrong.    Which was not my intent and I apologized.

Wow, you really don't get it, big picture Tim, big picture.  Today is just one example of repeated things you do and then try to pretend and be like,  what did I do wrong.  You are an issue for this forum daily but yet you are convinced you do nothing wrong.  Very narcissistic behavior, and a narcissist will never admit being in the wrong.

• Like 1

Just now, GHweatherChris said:

Wow, you really don't get it, big picture Tim, big picture.  Today is just one example of repeated things you do and then try to pretend and be like,  what did I do wrong.  You are an issue for this forum daily but yet you are convinced you do nothing wrong.  Very narcissistic behavior, and a narcissist will never admit being in the wrong.

I always admit when I am wrong.    I literally just did that in the above post.     

And I am wrong way more often than not when it comes to weather predictions.    And that is even more true if I am going against what Phil is predicting which almost never works.

• Downvote 2

23 minutes ago, Cascadia_Wx said:

It’s funny, this is shaping up to be a more impressive evening marine push than what we saw in late June. Temps were slow to drop initially with that one.

16 minutes ago, BLI snowman said:

Funny, it's definitely been a more noticeable crash down here so far this evening. 

That one crashed pretty quickly here…this one’s been a slow trickle up this way 78 still. 

56 minutes ago, Cascadia_Wx said:

You’d think with all the excess warmth and atmospheric moisture around the globe we’d be able to line something up 

Diffluent patterns have been pretty scarce, especially those where we have some decent latent heat hanging around. Ironically, the best setup we had was on backside of the June 2021 juggernaut. That thing just had way too much subsidence to allow any kind of trigger to develop.

• Like 2

My preferences can beat up your preferences’ dad.

Just now, MossMan said:

Andrew is being out posted by Phil for the week. Get busy Andrew!! 

F230CF1B-BB4F-4DBF-9D92-F41936B0C7B5.jpeg

75B89910-3413-444C-8ECA-9529A480790C.jpeg

8EA1BE50-6675-4260-8494-CD62ED70ECF1.jpeg

C3988A27-5F96-4BB9-9BD4-0A12EA0B3C75.jpeg

I am not even in the top 5 this week.   That is win for everyone. 

What is that based on?    Positive reactions or number of posts?   I am #2 for the month and year.  But not sure if this is good or bad,  😀

• Like 1
  • Excited 1

5 minutes ago, OysterPrintout said:

You'd think after at least a decade of failing to explain to Tim how he can be intentionally obtuse you'd all have learned your lessons by now and pivoted towards complaining about the 4 spaces after periods.

image.gif

• Like 3

My preferences can beat up your preferences’ dad.

17 minutes ago, MossMan said:

I looked it up... it is based on positive reactions.    Pretty impressive.  

So its Andrew, Tim, and Phil in that order for the month and the year.    But I think Andrew has too big of a lead to catch him and I am not helping myself much right now!   Need to focus.

• Snow 1
  • scream 1

39 minutes ago, MossMan said:

These are not posts, it’s a measure of quality content.

• Like 2

Snowfall                                  Precip

2022-23: 95.0"                      2022-23: 17.39"

2021-22: 52.6"                    2021-22: 91.46" 

2020-21: 12.0"                    2020-21: 71.59"

2019-20: 23.5"                   2019-20: 58.54"

2018-19: 63.5"                   2018-19: 66.33"

2017-18: 30.3"                   2017-18: 59.83"

2016-17: 49.2"                   2016-17: 97.58"

2015-16: 11.75"                 2015-16: 68.67"

2014-15: 3.5"
2013-14: 11.75"                  2013-14: 62.30
2012-13: 16.75"                 2012-13: 78.45  

2011-12: 98.5"                   2011-12: 92.67"

It's always sunny at Winters Hill! 
Fighting the good fight against weather evil.

1 hour ago, Phil said:

Is this her first summer here? Because *so far* this has been the nicest summer since 2014. 😅 I’m pretty sure that will change soon, though.

No, she moved there in August 2020. So she’s been there for some warm weather and other interesting happenings. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SilverFallsAndrew said:

My previous account had the highest for years until Fred slashed my number in half. ;) I think that was punishment for sticking up for Dewey back when he was serial posting those David Lynch shorts on the California sub forum.

• Excited 1
  • lol 1
  • Weenie 1

Summer ☀️ grows while Winter ❄️  goes

Just now, Cascadia_Wx said:

My previous account had the highest for years until Fred slashed my number in half. ;) I think that was punishment for sticking up for Dewey back when he was serial posting those David Lynch shorts on the California sub forum.

Lmao I forgot about that 

11 minutes ago, SilverFallsAndrew said:

Ahhh gotcha! 

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth!