December 2015 in the Pacific Northwest

stuffradio

New D+11 12z GFS Analog Composite shows a correlation to late Dec. 2003. I know here in Portland we had a major snow/ice storm from Jan. 1-8 2004. If you correlate that to it being centered on the 12th we would be looking at the Dec. 17-24 as a possible window to score.

http://www.cpc.ncep.noaa.gov/products/predictions/short_range/tools/gifs/500hgt_comp_12gfs814.gif

Where is 2006????

I was assured this was 2006.

Get panicky right now... where is 2006?

2015 is 2006 right?

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

I seen that as well. Managed to get up to 28 here so far today. I expect 30* before it begins to drop again. Snow is expected around here as well.

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?lat=47.9641&lon=-118.2265#.Vl4mkoRlmHp

PDX only hit 42 today and is back down to 39 on the hour.

The Columbia Gorge is expecting an icing event tonight with some snow possible in the Hood River Valley.

Only 10 degrees short of the magic number.

Not the point.   And that will not be happening up here as I mentioned.   So is it bad to mention the models showing an interesting warm event within 4 days... or can we only do that with cold events at 312 hours out?  

Remember... I said the set-up was tenuous due to the timing.   But the models clearly showed it happening.     

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Not the point.   And that will not be happening up here as I mentioned.   So is it bad to mention the models showing an interesting warm event within 4 days... or can we only do that with cold events at 312 hours out?     

Even though its now watered down... the WRF does still show temps getting up to around 60 south of PDX on Thursday.     ULL is moving in too fast that day... or it would have happened on a wider scale.   The air mass and southerly flow support it.     The timing has changed.

This epic warm surge has been your pet lately...I'm just teasing ya. :)

A forum for the end of the world.

More maps, please!

Can you delete the quote?   I cleaned it up right as you were quoting.   

More maps, please!

I am one of those strange people who likes both warm and cold events.     My only true dislike from a temperature standpoint is cold between May - September.     

I am one of those strange people who likes both warm and cold events.     My only true dislike from a temperature standpoint is cold between May - September.     

WE KNOW !!!!  OMG... how could we not??!    <_ src="%7B___base_url___%7D/uploads/emoticons/default_tongue.png" alt=":P"> **said in my Best Austin Powers voice**

I don't think it's strange to like both warm and cold events. It is a bit strange to root for 60 degrees (a pretty boring temp, let's be honest) in early December, a time frame that has been know to feature more exciting weather.

But to each his own! Opinions are like turds, everyone has them, and they usually stink.

I don't think it's strange to like both warm and cold events. It is a bit strange to root for 60 degrees (a pretty boring temp, let's be honest) in early December, a time frame that has been know to feature more exciting weather.

But to each his own! Opinions are like turds, everyone has them, and they usually stink.

Mine don't...   I only have extra quiet, orderless, stealth turds... :ph34r:

Was only interested if it was going to be dry and 60. That would have been nice. Moot point now.

41 at 2:55pm at the Bend airport. 32 at 3:35pm. Temps are dropping across the northern part of town in the lower elevations. Could make for an interesting evening.

Bend, OR

Elevation: 3550'

Snow History:

Nov: 1"

Dec: .5"

Jan: 1.9"

Feb: 12.7"

Mar: 1.0"

Total: 17.1"

2016/2017: 70"

2015/2016: 34"

Average: ~25"

2017/2018 Winter Temps

Lowest Min: 1F on 2/23

Lowest Max: 23F on 12/24, 2/22

Lows <32: 87

Highs <32: 13

Funny you don't seem to chide those pointing out the potential for a sub-70 high in July or whatever. Consistency is the spice of life.

My preferences can beat up your preferences’ dad.

Well, this could turn into a lot a more eventful of a night than I or just about about anyone was expecting for PDX metro area. I really don't want more freezing rain after last night but looks likely at this point.

Already down to 38º at PDX. Only 33º dp 21º here in the West Hills.

• Like 1

Cold Season 2023/24:

Total snowfall: 26"

Highest daily snowfall: 5"

Deepest snow depth: 12"

Coldest daily high: -20ºF

Coldest daily low: -42ºF

Number of subzero days: 5

Personal Weather Station on Wunderground: 

https://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/dashboard?ID=KMTBOZEM152#history

Well, this could turn into a lot a more eventful of a night than I or just about about anyone was expecting for PDX metro area. I really don't want more freezing rain after last night but looks likely at this point.

Already down to 38º at PDX. Only 33º dp 21º here in the West Hills.

The power of a cold pool on the east side!

Funny you don't seem to chide those pointing out the potential for a sub-70 high in July or whatever. Consistency is the spice of life.

Reaching, my friend. There were several of us that pointed out the unlikelihood of Tim's initial post about widespread 60+ temps this week. Had nothing to do with perceived biases, as you're inferring.

Plus, I really don't care about sub-70 highs in July. Only a few on here do.

Reaching, my friend. There were several of us that pointed out the unlikelihood of Tim's initial post about widespread 60+ temps this week. Had nothing to do with perceived biases, as you're inferring.

Plus, I really don't care about sub-70 highs in July. Only a few on here do.

Widespread 60+ temps this week??    

I said a chance at 60 at SEA and maybe low 60s south of PDX on just one afternoon (Thursday) due to the favorable placement of a ULL that afternoon offshore with southerly flow and warm air mass.

Sorry.    I will now only talk about 1,000 foot snow levels possible at 336 hours!!