Official Weather Complaint Thread

Geos

Think about all the things trump has leverage to use going into election debates/season. He might be best strategic Prez we've ever seen:

1) national run healthcare won't work based on slow response of medical supplies needed

2) trump showing we should be more secure on border and with immigration because this virus came from Wuhan and he tried to warn us; not a racist thing

3) Dem run states have not prepared to face hardship and really have no control. Most are bankrupt

4) We rely on private sector to hold up the country as shown by quick production of vaccine and private sector making us king of ventilators

5) He exposed WHO for what they are (not sure I completely understand but they are exposed nonetheless)

6) He is exposing the Left and their ideological bias of sexual assault. All but forcing Biden to pick a woman Running mate and making him answer tough questions

7) He is playing hardball with China. I bet there is some bombshell coming that they forgive our $3T debt to them

8) He has Cuomo from NY and Newsome from Cali sayings nice things about him. Both Dem golden boys.

9) FBI Russia hoax has breaking news that FBI people lied about most of it under direction of Obama folks

10) Exposing bad Governors and local leaders of being power hungry and keeping people home rather than caring about individual's economic needs.

Genius!

The American people brought this man in to expose the corrupt agendas of our government. He’s blowing everything up.....change is tough. I’m certain Attorney General Barr has plenty if evidence to share with the American people.

Oh my.  How sad you do not realize the irony of your post.  Everything you just posted is a lie.  Trump is the most CORRUPT president of all time.  He gets away with it because of his sadly misinformed base who is CONTROLLED by FOX NEWS... I truly pity you.   

Most rational people are dealing with this shut down fine.  Gee who is making it political???? I'd say the right wing "protesters" err I mean glorified PAID Trumper rallies to energize his severely uneducated base.  EVERYONE wants to get back to work.  But most people don't want to die or see their loved ones die.  

The loved ones don't have to die if we let them stay protected and the non-vulnerable crowd goes to work. While an increase in DEATHS will always be a bad thing, an increase in CASES doesn't necessarily have to be a bad thing. People are afraid. That's fine. But lockdowns defy basic virology.

Also, stop with the condescension in your posts. Nobody is going to take you seriously.

Formerly *ahem*: LNK_Weather, TOL_Weather, FAR_Weather, MSP_Weather, IMoveALot_Weather.

“Most rational people are dealing with this just fine”

Yeah, most sheep!

Keep buying into the doom and gloom. CDC already lowered the death count by half, hospitals are empty, and the hotspots, well, those were in the dead broke democratic cities. Wonder why they had so many deaths? Hmmmmm....$$$$$$$$$$$$.....Federal...$$$$$$$$$$$$

All facts!

Yeah, most sheep!

Keep buying into the doom and gloom. CDC already lowered the death count by half, hospitals are empty, and the hotspots, well, those were in the dead broke democratic cities. Wonder why they had so many deaths? Hmmmmm....$$$$$$$$$$$$.....Federal...$$$$$$$$$$$$

All facts!

. Might want to fact check yourself bud about the cdc claim
  • Like 1

I just wanted to pass along my condolences to all of our sub-forum members who have died from COVID-19. As I drive around my town and see the dead bodies piled up everywhere, hospitals with patients being housed outside the building in makeshift tents, and the remnant hunkered down in their homes wearing their masks and protective gear, I know that we have lost members of the forum to this terrible virus, that as the media tried to warn us, is much, much worse than any seasonal flu. We will likely have an epic winter next year with many spread-the-wealth snowfalls, but it will be hard to enjoy knowing we have lost so many members. But in their honor we will somehow carry on!!!

• Like 1

23-24 seasonal snow total: 17.8" (as of 3/9/24)

I just wanted to pass along my condolences to all of our sub-forum members who have died from COVID-19. As I drive around my town and see the dead bodies piled up everywhere, hospitals with patients being housed outside the building in makeshift tents, and the remnant hunkered down in their homes wearing their masks and protective gear, I know that we have lost members of the forum to this terrible virus, that as the media tried to warn us, is much, much worse than any seasonal flu. We will likely have an epic winter next year with many spread-the-wealth snowfalls, but it will be hard to enjoy knowing we have lost so many members. But in their honor we will somehow carry on!!!

The new standard for snowfall won't be if it covers the grass, but rather if it covers the dead bodies piled up along the streets.

• Like 1

Formerly *ahem*: LNK_Weather, TOL_Weather, FAR_Weather, MSP_Weather, IMoveALot_Weather.

The loved ones don't have to die if we let them stay protected and the non-vulnerable crowd goes to work. While an increase in DEATHS will always be a bad thing, an increase in CASES doesn't necessarily have to be a bad thing. People are afraid. That's fine. But lockdowns defy basic virology.

Also, stop with the condescension in your posts. Nobody is going to take you seriously.

You are NOT a virologist.  Just a political hack that no one would EVER take seriously.  You are not an expert.  Why would anyone listen to you scared babies?  Fear is natural.  I get it, stay at homes scares you.  I'm sorry you are scared.  

Yeah, most sheep!

All facts!

I don't buy into doom and gloom.  I'm just doing my part and taking this seriously.  Not whining about democrats and not believing all the fake conspiracies you morons do on the internet.  NYC is a broke city?  just saying that makes you look stupid as ****.  I'm pretty sure the southern RED states suck off the government and NEW YORK CITY more than anyone.  So don't look stupid every time you type something.  Your lack of knowledge is embarrassing.  But i'm not surprised.  I doubt you went to college.  

You are NOT a virologist.  Just a political hack that no one would EVER take seriously.  You are not an expert.  Why would anyone listen to you scared babies?  Fear is natural.  I get it, stay at homes scares you.  I'm sorry you are scared.  

Is it really worth getting this angry at someone on a weather forum?

The same people who spent the last 4 years crying about fascism, totalitarianism, and a dictatorship coming to America are the same people who are setting up snitch lines to report people who violate the government order to stay in your homes. The virus has been really eye-opening.

• Like 1

Every single person has the God-given right and command to use wisdom.

Viruses:use wisdom and created protective measures/practices=prevent transmission. Medical science was already supposed to be past this. Did we not take basic health in high school?

Births:choose to use wisdom in the 34 wrong choices usually made prior or face the reality that life has consequences and grow up and face them.

People have the right to think for themselves, for now.

There were a lot of choices in most cases that were extremely avoidable. Period.

Are we really this stupid?

Start being accountable.

Really simple.

Back in the day, fear, anger and insults were signs of cognitive defect. Or, in the pre-snowflake world, stupidity and blind ignorance. Now that's called intellect and being educated. What are they educating people with nowadays?

How to look fake and be nothing but an attention seeking noise that misleads people and shouts insults, with a filter, of course?

Is it really worth getting this angry at someone on a weather forum?

I will always point hypocrisy where I see it.  Pro-life when it fits their agenda/politics, but in reality not at all.  Sucks to be "controlled" by people you don't know.  What you can do with your health and bodies.....Hypocrites.   But you are right, this is a weather forum.  If only people weren't complaining constantly about the democrats or the stupid experts.  If only the right wing experts on here who know more than scientists, virologists and common sense.  But hey, they are scared and their "freedoms" are being impeded.   They would not have done well during the WW's.  

Just because some opinions go viral on the internet about conspiracies, doesn't make them true.  They are aimed at the uneducated, vulnerable and fearful masses.  Again claiming MSM is fake news, while getting their news from non-peer reviewed amateur drivel on the internet is hypocrisy at it's finest.     It basic culture.  Most rational people get what's going on.  Most are being patient and letting this play out.  Most are doing OK.  This is unprecedented.  It's ok to be scared, but clinging to conspiracies from social media is just embarrassing.  

I will always point hypocrisy where I see it.  Pro-life when it fits their agenda/politics, but in reality not at all.  Sucks to be "controlled" by people you don't know.  What you can do with your health and bodies.....Hypocrites.   But you are right, this is a weather forum.  If only people weren't complaining constantly about the democrats or the stupid experts.  If only the right wing experts on here who know more than scientists, virologists and common sense.  But hey, they are scared and their "freedoms" are being impeded.   They would not have done well during the WW's.  

Just because some opinions go viral on the internet about conspiracies, doesn't make them true.  They are aimed at the uneducated, vulnerable and fearful masses.  Again claiming MSM is fake news, while getting their news from non-peer reviewed amateur drivel on the internet is hypocrisy at it's finest.     It basic culture.  Most rational people get what's going on.  Most are being patient and letting this play out.  Most are doing OK.  This is unprecedented.  It's ok to be scared, but clinging to conspiracies from social media is just embarrassing.  

Cool. Have fun with that.

I will always point hypocrisy where I see it. Pro-life when it fits their agenda/politics, but in reality not at all. Sucks to be "controlled" by people you don't know. What you can do with your health and bodies.....Hypocrites. But you are right, this is a weather forum. If only people weren't complaining constantly about the democrats or the stupid experts. If only the right wing experts on here who know more than scientists, virologists and common sense. But hey, they are scared and their "freedoms" are being impeded. They would not have done well during the WW's.

Just because some opinions go viral on the internet about conspiracies, doesn't make them true. They are aimed at the uneducated, vulnerable and fearful masses. Again claiming MSM is fake news, while getting their news from non-peer reviewed amateur drivel on the internet is hypocrisy at it's finest. It basic culture. Most rational people get what's going on. Most are being patient and letting this play out. Most are doing OK. This is unprecedented. It's ok to be scared, but clinging to conspiracies from social media is just embarrassing.

The irony is almost too much to handle. I feel sorry for you.

“And the fact that there is no precedent that anybody can find for someone who has been charged with perjury just getting off scot-free. That’s the kind of stuff where you begin to get worried that basic — not just institutional norms — but our basic understanding of rule of law is at risk. And when you start moving in those directions, it can accelerate pretty quickly as we’ve seen in other places.”

Quote by Barack OleLlama on Michael Flynn case.

Is he too stupid to remember the 1990s or does he think that everyone is?

Oh wait, what is the definition of "is"?

The Democratic party has shat upon the rule of law for more than 150 years now. They can shut their mouths on law. I can't trust a group of people who does not know that science isn't the law and that self isn't God.

If science and fake were the standard for excellence, the Democrats would have conquered the world by now.

If democrats honored the truth and the law, their people wouldn't be sick, tormented, and dying in their cities right now while their leaders chill and eat ice cream and make social media posts.

Rule of law....Good grief, folks don't even know more than 5 laws anymore anyway. Goodness.

“And the fact that there is no precedent that anybody can find for someone who has been charged with perjury just getting off scot-free. That’s the kind of stuff where you begin to get worried that basic — not just institutional norms — but our basic understanding of rule of law is at risk. And when you start moving in those directions, it can accelerate pretty quickly as we’ve seen in other places.”

Quote by Barack OleLlama on Michael Flynn case.

Is he too stupid to remember the 1990s or does he think that everyone is?

Oh wait, what is the definition of "is"?

The Democratic party has shat upon the rule of law for more than 150 years now. They can shut their mouths on law. I can't trust a group of people who does not know that science isn't the law and that self isn't God.

If science and fake were the standard for excellence, the Democrats would have conquered the world by now.

If democrats honored the truth and the law, their people wouldn't be sick, tormented, and dying in their cities right now while their leaders chill and eat ice cream and make social media posts.

Rule of law....Good grief, folks don't even know more than 5 laws anymore anyway. Goodness.

Pretty sure Trump was impeached because he was found to break the law.  But i'm guessing you don't understand what impeachment means.  It doesn't mean he was innocent.  I doubt you are a lawyer though.  And it works differently than the courts.  

Cities have more people, therefore more people die.  Pretty simple.  Democrats rule bigger cities because they are much more highly educated than rural areas.  Pretty obvious...

Also I'm not stupid enough to believe democrats have everything figured out.  There are bad ones out there.  But I'm not giving a pass to a liar President and a terrible leader because he's a republican.  You guys sure are loyal.  He lies, you know he lies, and you don't care because he speaks like you.  Sad.  

Also I'm not stupid enough to believe democrats have everything figured out. There are bad ones out there. But I'm not giving a pass to a liar President and a terrible leader because he's a republican. You guys sure are loyal. He lies, you know he lies, and you don't care because he speaks like you. Sad.

In true terms, evil is probably about as balanced as ever today so its really a draw. There's not much of a "right fight" anymore. Hard to see what's right anymore.

I wake up every day knowing that there has never been a perfect human on this earth. Not myself, Trump, yourself or anyone else. There has never ever been a perfect politician or icon. Never.

A point you and I can probably agree with is that common sense, commonality and community need restored on both sides and in the middle. The fact that both sides judge one another so harshly, even as you and I do to one another in an adversarial way, is a very large highlight of a huge problem that needs correction no matter who or what you stand for. It's not a compromising statement that WE all need to remember what it takes to still be Americans first and realize that we're still not all the same. Weren't meant to be, and unless we screw it up for our own stupidity, are still free to be whatever we were built to be.

Freedom is a belief as well as a fact.

I still don't hate anyone and I do apologize for being at least semi-offensive a lot of the time. I really am a civil man.

• Like 1

This is not a complaint as such but, as this is a weather blog I will post this here. There looks to be some new virus "hot spots" and since Tom is from the Chicago area and in the last week or so Illinois has really taken a up tick in both cases and deaths (4,015 cases and 142 deaths) and there are other very "warm spots" in and around Washington DC and the numbers have been up in Texas and Georgia one has to believe that the Unites States still don't have this under control. 

This is not a complaint as such but, as this is a weather blog I will post this here. There looks to be some new virus "hot spots" and since Tom is from the Chicago area and in the last week or so Illinois has really taken a up tick in both cases and deaths (4,015 cases and 142 deaths) and there are other very "warm spots" in and around Washington DC and the numbers have been up in Texas and Georgia one has to believe that the Unites States still don't have this under control. 

It's hard to control when the virus has apparently been here since December. It's also impossible to control now with ~10M cases +/- 2M. I still continue to believe that a controlled spread is a better method for getting rid of this thing than lockdowns. Lockdowns at this point do nothing but make people feel better about themselves by artificially lowering the numbers.

In true terms, evil is probably about as balanced as ever today so its really a draw. There's not much of a "right fight" anymore. Hard to see what's right anymore.

I wake up every day knowing that there has never been a perfect human on this earth. Not myself, Trump, yourself or anyone else. There has never ever been a perfect politician or icon. Never.

A point you and I can probably agree with is that common sense, commonality and community need restored on both sides and in the middle. The fact that both sides judge one another so harshly, even as you and I do to one another in an adversarial way, is a very large highlight of a huge problem that needs correction no matter who or what you stand for. It's not a compromising statement that WE all need to remember what it takes to still be Americans first and realize that we're still not all the same. Weren't meant to be, and unless we screw it up for our own stupidity, are still free to be whatever we were built to be.

Freedom is a belief as well as a fact.

I still don't hate anyone and I do apologize for being at least semi-offensive a lot of the time. I really am a civil man.

I agree with your point 

"A point you and I can probably agree with is that common sense, commonality and community need restored on both sides and in the middle. The fact that both sides judge one another so harshly, even as you and I do to one another in an adversarial way, is a very large highlight of a huge problem that needs correction no matter who or what you stand for." 

I believe that is a very good point. Of course I have no good answer as to how to make our country come together but I will state that we are NOT getting the right message from our leadership. At the very top (and yes I am talking about Trump) there is way too much finger pointing and blaming and while I respect the office of the president he or whoever is in office must earn that respect not just take it for granted 

I agree with your point

"A point you and I can probably agree with is that common sense, commonality and community need restored on both sides and in the middle. The fact that both sides judge one another so harshly, even as you and I do to one another in an adversarial way, is a very large highlight of a huge problem that needs correction no matter who or what you stand for."

I believe that is a very good point. Of course I have no good answer as to how to make our country come together but I will state that we are NOT getting the right message from our leadership. At the very top (and yes I am talking about Trump) there is way too much finger pointing and blaming and while I respect the office of the president he or whoever is in office must earn that respect not just take it for granted

Thank you. I appreciate that. I do respect and know that there is a lot of common wisdom you and I agree on and I enjoy your thoughts whether I agree all the time or not.

My stance there is that I saw the 10 years preceeding this with equally clear a view as I do the current 3.5. I didn't really hate everything about Obama (black Jimmy Carter, lol) and not everyone really always understands why I truly do get frustrated at the Democrats in the first place, but that's another argument for another day. Lol.

Thank you for the kindness.