Official Weather Complaint Thread

Geos

• 3 weeks later...

Our fine democrat KC Mayor is down on the Plaza protesting with all of these animals. This coming after he crushed people’s businesses and places of work due to the virus!

No social distancing now Mr. Mayor??? Elbow to elbow right now with 1000’s of people. What a show and all planned...

• Like 2

Liberal media has not mentioned the virus one time in 4 days....no concern at all with large crowds gathering wrt to the virus.

Social distancing and lockdowns are SOOOOO yesterday! We're all doing large group rioting, looting and burning now! This fall look for fraudulent voting by mail and ballot harvesting!

• Like 1

23-24 seasonal snow total: 17.8" (as of 3/9/24)

Only after it shredded through Detroit. 

Correct, International Airport.   Michigan numbers were skewed because of it.  However,  Our leadership in the White House did not shut down travel from Europe nor China completely, which most of Detroit's AND the countries cases came from (Auto industry).  Unfortunate, but we've certainly have one of the best declining curves compared to many other states.   Lock-down worked in terms of flattening the curve.   

Correct, International Airport.   Michigan numbers were skewed because of it.  However,  Our leadership in the White House did not shut down travel from Europe nor China completely, which most of Detroit's AND the countries cases came from (Auto industry).  Unfortunate, but we've certainly have one of the best declining curves compared to many other states.   Lock-down worked in terms of flattening the curve.   

I guess New York's numbers were also skewed because of their three international airports. New Orleans has an international airport, that probably got their numbers skewed as well. 

Also, remember when Trump tried to ban travelers from China back in January but it was "racist"? Or when everyone complained when he banned travel from Europe in February? 

I think a lot of people getting COVID is what flattened the curve, not lockdowns. Also, mass lockdowns are quite literally the most destructive way we could have handled this. Yes they prevented cases. I know a lot of people would have rather gotten COVID than losing their jobs. I'm glad to see the country opening back up. It's time to stop delaying the inevitable, and it's been that time since late April.

Formerly *ahem*: LNK_Weather, TOL_Weather, FAR_Weather, MSP_Weather, IMoveALot_Weather.

I guess New York's numbers were also skewed because of their three international airports. New Orleans has an international airport, that probably got their numbers skewed as well.

Also, remember when Trump tried to ban travelers from China back in January but it was "racist"? Or when everyone complained when he banned travel from Europe in February?

I think a lot of people getting COVID is what flattened the curve, not lockdowns. Also, mass lockdowns are quite literally the most destructive way we could have handled this. Yes they prevented cases. I know a lot of people would have rather gotten COVID than losing their jobs. I'm glad to see the country opening back up. It's time to stop delaying the inevitable, and it's been that time since late April.

I agree. A lot of people are testing positive (I guess tests are accurate?) even in my area now, including my nephew and his wife who didn’t realize they had it, but she had gall stones or something and when you go to a hospital they’ll test for the virus, so that’s how they found out. Some of the people get kind of sick,but nothing serious locally yet. For all I know, I had or have it too!? In fact I’ld rather have it now in the summer than next winter when it could possibly be worse! The only benefit from the lockdown was to keep the hospitals from an overload and maybe the virus was a bit more potent earlier.
  • Like 1

If only Trump had a plan.  Do i have to quote the moron? I will.  I've got a lot of them.  

You sound bitter.  Mass lockdowns worked.  The great thing about science is that it doesn't give a about your biased opinions.   Let me guess you are staunchly against abortions but don't give a D**n if vulnerable people die.  Jobs will come back.  It was necessary.  I'm glad you are so tough. 

If only Trump had a plan.  Do i have to quote the moron? I will.  I've got a lot of them.  

You sound bitter.  Mass lockdowns worked.  The great thing about science is that it doesn't give a s**t about your biased opinions.   Let me guess you are staunchly against abortions but don't give a d**n if vulnerable people die.  Jobs will come back.  It was necessary.  I'm glad you are so tough. 

You only seem to care about the science that agrees with you. 

Yes, lockdowns slowed the spread. At what cost? You seem to be completely failing to analyze the cost-benefit of lockdowns.

You're talking to someone who has completely disregarded the media since April and has only looked at peer-reviewed or preprinted medical sources. Yeah, I HATE science.

If I may ask, what is your ideal endpoint for a lockdown?

Formerly *ahem*: LNK_Weather, TOL_Weather, FAR_Weather, MSP_Weather, IMoveALot_Weather.

I agree. A lot of people are testing positive (I guess tests are accurate?) even in my area now, including my nephew and his wife who didn’t realize they had it, but she had gall stones or something and when you go to a hospital they’ll test for the virus, so that’s how they found out. Some of the people get kind of sick,but nothing serious locally yet. For all I know, I had or have it too!? In fact I’ld rather have it now in the summer than next winter when it could possibly be worse! The only benefit from the lockdown was to keep the hospitals from an overload and maybe the virus was a bit more potent earlier.

Oops, sorry. What my brother told me was a little off. It actually wasn’t my nephew, but their friends instead, that tested positive.

• 2 weeks later...

You only seem to care about the science that agrees with you. 

Yes, lockdowns slowed the spread. At what cost? You seem to be completely failing to analyze the cost-benefit of lockdowns.

You're talking to someone who has completely disregarded the media since April and has only looked at peer-reviewed or preprinted medical sources. Yeah, I HATE science.

If I may ask, what is your ideal endpoint for a lockdown?

The lockdown worked, but now that opening up happened idiots won't wear masks and we will back to square 1.  It's not that hard to wear a freaking mask.  THE SCIENCE SAYS WEAR A MASK!!!!!!!  EVERYWHERE and ANYTIME.  

The lockdown worked, but now that opening up happened idiots won't wear masks and we will back to square 1.  It's not that hard to wear a freaking mask.  THE SCIENCE SAYS WEAR A MASK!!!!!!!  EVERYWHERE and ANYTIME.  

We are never going back to square 1. We know way more now than we did back in March. We know that it's not the bubonic plague. 

• Like 2

We are never going back to square 1. We know way more now than we did back in March. We know that it's not the bubonic plague. 

We'd be out of this if the country complied back in March/April.  But freedum and politics from our "leader" got in the way.  

We'd be out of this if the country complied back in March/April.  But freedum and politics from our "leader" got in the way.  

Hate to break it to you man but your going to get the RONA.  You can stay inside for the rest of your life though, I think we'd all be ok with that.  

Classic ignorance right here. No wonder America is failing at containing the virus. Fart might go through, but the runny s**t doesn't. I'd rather smell a fart than get s**t on.

I agree with the last 1 or 2 sentences. An oder is different than a virus. I mainly posted it because I thought it's kinda humorous. But then again, I really wouldn't feel very safe with many of those masks anyway. If you're going to be that worried you'ld better also wear gloves and the whole nine yards. I think it's so silly now that we know more how the virus is. Many people in my close knit community think they had the virus and I think they did because many lost their sense of taste and smell which is a common symptom with this virus. Symptoms varied somewhat. What I had seemed like the common cold and I didn't lose my taste sense. My friend said it was depressing not to be able to taste for awhile, and that that was worst thing about it as he felt well enough to keep right on working. Only one or two that I know of got sick enough that they needed to quit working (people I know well and live 1 and 2 miles from me) and none were hospitalized so far that I'm aware of.
  • Like 1

Hate to break it to you man but your going to get the RONA. You can stay inside for the rest of your life though, I think we'd all be ok with that.

I’m fine that. But I’d rather delay it for better treatment/vaccine than put lives at risk. Just wear a mask. It works. For so many weather people here. Shunning science for politics feels weird to me.

Menards requires wearing masks for awhile now when at first they didn't. So I'm avoiding that store so far. Wearing a mask is ok when it's cold and I have a sore throat, but wearing one in this heat? Yuck, No way when I probably had this virus already. I hate breathing warm recycled contaminated air! And I don't want to get vaccinated since vaccines supposedly have lots of nasty ingredients, and I don't wanna be injected with a micro chip either! Lol. I would wear a mask if it would really be a more dangerous life threatening virus or stay at home.

Who knows when a vaccine will come. I mean, for i.e., take a look at HIV virus. So many years have rolled on by and still they haven't found one. Anyways, I will not take the Vaccine when it comes out, unless I see that it works really well on humans. Hopefully a treatment comes soon, so that people don't die at least. As for masks, I wear one everywhere I go in public. If you don't wanna wear one, then, that is your choice. Do as you wish. It is annoying to wear a mask, especially w this heat, I know. Cant disagree on that, but it is what it is.

Snowfall for Winter 2023 -24 for Metro Detroit Area 

Oct 2023: 0.2" AN

Nov 2023: 2.2" AN

Dec 2023: 0.5" BN Insane!

Jan 2024: 17.0" AN

Feb 2024: 1.9"  BN

Mar 2024: 4.9" BN

April 2024:

Season So Far: 26.7"

Menards requires wearing masks for awhile now when at first they didn't. So I'm avoiding that store so far. Wearing a mask is ok when it's cold and I have a sore throat, but wearing one in this heat? Yuck, No way when I probably had this virus already. I hate breathing warm recycled contaminated air! And I don't want to get vaccinated since vaccines supposedly have lots of nasty ingredients, and I don't wanna be injected with a micro chip either! Lol. I would wear a mask if it would really be a more dangerous life threatening virus or stay at home.

Just inject yourself with bleach and you should be good to go!
  • Like 1

Not sure if anyone on here is aware, but so pissed at "Turkey" for Turning the Greek Orthodox Church into a MOSQUE in Constantinople, Istanbul. Turkeys president will have plenty of more Greek enemies now. Just so they know, the church "Agia Sophia" will always be a Greek Orthodox Church. That church was built in 532-537 AD by the Roman Emperor Justinian. It was designed by the Greek geometers Isidore  of Miletus and Anthemius of Tralles. Ever since the ottomans took over our beloved city Constantinople in 1453, the Cathedral has been an eyesore to the invaders because they could not build anything close to its magnificence. The poor ottomans tried and tried, but could not. This spirit cannot be removed. So, hey Turkey, got some news for you...The cathedral's architecture and its name will always be there standing in the Greek city of Constantinople. They should not mess w the Greeks and they know that.

Btw: My vacation home in Chios island is literally across from Turkey, so I might just have to pay a visit there next time I am there and go to "Agia Sophia."

Snowfall for Winter 2023 -24 for Metro Detroit Area 

Oct 2023: 0.2" AN

Nov 2023: 2.2" AN

Dec 2023: 0.5" BN Insane!

Jan 2024: 17.0" AN

Feb 2024: 1.9"  BN

Mar 2024: 4.9" BN

April 2024:

Season So Far: 26.7"

Seven months ago all I wanted was the freedom to wear a dust mask at work for my own safety and some dang peace, quiet and space.

I think I will tone down what I'm hoping for next time or at least be more specific as to how.

Cheers. It's melancholy humor season. I hate summer and COVID.

• Like 1