Official Weather Complaint Thread

Geos

Seven months ago all I wanted was the freedom to wear a dust mask at work for my own safety and some dang peace, quiet and space.

I think I will tone down what I'm hoping for next time or at least be more specific as to how.

Cheers. It's melancholy humor season. I hate summer and COVID.

I wanna see people's smiles again

• Like 1

Formerly *ahem*: LNK_Weather, TOL_Weather, FAR_Weather, MSP_Weather, IMoveALot_Weather.

• 3 weeks later...

“Most rational people are dealing with this just fine”

Yeah, most sheep!

Keep buying into the doom and gloom. CDC already lowered the death count by half, hospitals are empty, and the hotspots, well, those were in the dead broke democratic cities. Wonder why they had so many deaths? Hmmmmm....$$$$$$$$$$$$.....Federal...$$$$$$$$$$$$

All facts!

Oops.  Sad this thinking tanked America further down the toilet.  Hotspots are where?  Who's doing better? 

Oops.  Sad this thinking tanked America further down the toilet.  Hotspots are where?  Who's doing better? 

The hotter climates where people are mostly inside were the hotspots. I don't think anyone was surprised by that.

And in the Fall, I'd assume the more Northern states that haven't been hit hard yet like Ohio will see an outbreak. 

Formerly *ahem*: LNK_Weather, TOL_Weather, FAR_Weather, MSP_Weather, IMoveALot_Weather.

• 3 months later...

The overnight low here at my house was 24 and it looks like it fell down to 22 at the airport. At this time it is clear and 26 both here and at the airport. Now we will have to see just how windy it will be tomorrow. There are high wind warnings at the lake shore and there is a high wind watch to the east of here and our area is in a wind advisory.

• Confused 3

2 hours ago, westMJim said:

The overnight low here at my house was 24 and it looks like it fell down to 22 at the airport. At this time it is clear and 26 both here and at the airport. Now we will have to see just how windy it will be tomorrow. There are high wind warnings at the lake shore and there is a high wind watch to the east of here and our area is in a wind advisory.

I put this is the wrong location OH well.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, whatitdo said:

Hahah hard to relate to this when in the south we’re so used to once a year snowfalls but fair point 

Am I missing the joke or is Michigan not in the south haha

• Like 1

Snowfall in Lincoln, NE:

2017-18: 21.4"   2018-19: 55.5"   2019-20: 17.6"   2020-21: 49.4"   2021-22: 5.1" 🤮

Average: 26"

4 minutes ago, tStacsh said:

We better! I bought a new snowblower.   It’s still in the box! 

That almost guarantees you will hardly use it!!!   Though- I got rid of mine several years back and haven't missed it one bit.

• Like 1

The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

6 minutes ago, Grizzcoat said:

That almost guarantees you will hardly use it!!!   Though- I got rid of mine several years back and haven't missed it one bit.

Honestly I feel like if anything you’d need it there haha. DSM randomly got 58” in 2012-13 and always seems to do well relative to surrounding areas. 

Snowfall in Lincoln, NE:

2017-18: 21.4"   2018-19: 55.5"   2019-20: 17.6"   2020-21: 49.4"   2021-22: 5.1" 🤮

Average: 26"

11 minutes ago, snowstorm83 said:

Honestly I feel like if anything you’d need it there haha. DSM randomly got 58” in 2012-13 and always seems to do well relative to surrounding areas. 

12-13" was 55.2" (close enough)

09-10 was the biggy- 69". 3rd all time.

Snowfall from October through May the last several years at DSM- ( otherthan 18-19' it's been pretty bleak here)---

image.thumb.png.15fef6a349840f93d8f8d72295d2b8e0.png

• Like 3

The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

On 12/11/2020 at 10:44 PM, Madtown said:

F this $ HIT. seriously what a craptastic December. The ponies want a ride!

20201211_150419.jpg

I remember when I used to rush to get my sled winterized and bring it up for Thanksgiving. Now I leave it in storage until Christmas so it's not sitting outside. It's been like that for a few years.

14 hours ago, tStacsh said:

We better! I bought a new snowblower.   It’s still in the box! 

Lol. Should wait til you're not ready then snow. Lol.

I agree with Grizz. You'll be looking for reasons to use that thing now. About like my old 4x4 outside. Had it for 3 years before I ever needed it and really don't need it yet. I plan to though.

• 3 weeks later...

I just happened to see who this thread was started from and I was shocked to see it was "Geos." A very good poster. I remember enjoying reading his input on storms. Too bad hes not on here anymore.

• Like 2

Snowfall for Winter 2023 -24 for Metro Detroit Area 

Oct 2023: 0.2" AN

Nov 2023: 2.2" AN

Dec 2023: 0.5" BN Insane!

Jan 2024: 17.0" AN

Feb 2024: 1.9"  BN

Mar 2024: 4.9" BN

April 2024:

Season So Far: 26.7"

On 1/4/2021 at 1:29 PM, Niko said:

I just happened to see who this thread was started from and I was shocked to see it was "Geos." A very good poster. I remember enjoying reading his input on storms. Too bad hes not on here anymore.

Yeah, I miss Geos. I think he shows up on AmWx sometimes but it's been a minute since I've been on that one. They're a different type of folks on there, to say the least.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, snowstorm83 said:

We need a big dog now. Busch light is starting the snow special where it’s a dollar off for each inch of snow. 

Soon, Runzas will cost more on temperature Tuesdays than they would on regular days!

• lol 4

4 hours ago, CentralNebWeather said:

My wife went and got it for us, so I don't know what she paid.  I would guess the temp at 6 AM yesterday was in the low 20's, so the meal was probably around $4.

I remember in 2019 when the Runza was free every temperature Tuesday lol

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Doesn't it seem that we've been promised abundant cold and snow by multiple forecasters and that it is always just a couple of weeks away.  We just need to be patient and winter will finally come.  Well I'm still waiting and it always seems to be perpetually two weeks away.  I beginning to think that for many of us in this sub-forum cold and snow will never truly arrive and it will be another busted and disappointing winter.   

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SE Wisconsin said:

Doesn't it seem that we've been promised abundant cold and snow by multiple forecasters and that it is always just a couple of weeks away.  We just need to be patient and winter will finally come.  Well I'm still waiting and it always seems to be perpetually two weeks away.  I beginning to think that for many of us in this sub-forum cold and snow will never truly arrive and it will be another busted and disappointing winter.   

i feel you. I just want one event that will yield me more than 2 inches of snowfall in one day. Haven't had that yet, and though the cold may be coming, just praying storms stop missing us.

• Like 1