The Weather Forums

Official Complaint Thread

Communism and it's problematic ideology is about more than just a difference of economies. All the same, globalist puppets like Biden are working towards the "Chinese model" where the masses are controlled by the elite class. Similar was the former USSR. Moves that put others in control of our fate (OPEC+ for instance) are a step in that direction and anti-American.

• Like 2
  • lol 1

Winter 2020-21 Snow Total = 35.1"  Largest Storm: 10.2" (2/15-16)        Oct: 0.0 Nov: 1.5 Dec: 3.6 Jan: 10.0 Feb: 20.0 Mar: 0.0 Apr: 0.0

Annual avg for mby = 49.7"  Avg for last 10 seasons = 58.4" (118% of normal)

2019-20 = 48.0"  2018-19 = 56.1"  2017-18 = 68.3"   2016-17 = 52"   2015-16 = 57.4"   2014-15 = 55.3"   2013-14 = 100.6" (coldest & snowiest in the modern record!)  2012-13 = 47.2"   2011-12 = 43.7"

Legit Blizzards (high winds and dbl digit snows): Feb 2011, Dec 2009, Jan 2005, Dec 2000, Jan 1999, Mar 1998, Nov 1989, Jan 1982, Jan 1978, Jan 1977, Apr 1975, Mar 1973, Jan 1967, Feb 1965, Jan 1918

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some pics/images from our big blizzard last year on 2/23. Crazy storm!

And that's just the last 4 days here in Oklahoma! Now it feels like early April out there.

Stay strong my friend!  Glad to hear you were able to get through this extraordinary situation.  Health is #1...take care of yourself and I pray for a speedy recovery.  Be well and enjoy the snow that

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Tom said:

Do you have any idea what this means?  In lament terms, it basically solidifies the fact that the "cartel" group called OPEC now is in a perfect position to destroy any farther opportunities of keeping prices low.  When Trump was in office he knew D**n well that whoever controls the oil supply, controls their nations national security and will drive gas prices low!  Russia needs oil to be above $50/bbl to be profitable, the UAE needs it at $20 so they weren't terribly effected.  This was a great play by Trump because Russia was loosing billions of dollars, esp in the nat gas play selling nat gas to Poland and other European countries. 

The U.S. is the worlds leading Oil exporter in crude and natural gas.  Now, since Biden took into office, every single country is taking advantage of his idiotic moves in the oil/gas industry and likely future moves.  All of us will see the fate of $80-100 barrel prices in oil bc of the fact that OPEC now will be in control.  It's unbelievably sad and frustrating watching all of this play out.  I cringe when I see our country being used and abused when we could still be producing enormous amounts of crude but not anymore.  They say we have a 100 years worth of oil just in the Rockies alone.  So much untapped potential.

Imagine how disappointed I am. My racing jet skis burn about 7 gallons of premium fuel an hour. I think people who don't realize what Trump was doing are just going to say "just buy an electric car" without realizing there are semi trucks that get 2mpg delivering all their food and goods to them.

At least I rode them a ton last year and took advantage of it. I think we will go back to those things costing me over $50/hr to run by the time you add the oil (it's a two stroke) and pay for premium gas.

• Like 3
3 hours ago, Tom said:

Do you have any idea what this means?  In lament terms, it basically solidifies the fact that the "cartel" group called OPEC now is in a perfect position to destroy any farther opportunities of keeping prices low.  When Trump was in office he knew D**n well that whoever controls the oil supply, controls their nations national security and will drive gas prices low!  Russia needs oil to be above $50/bbl to be profitable, the UAE needs it at $20 so they weren't terribly effected.  This was a great play by Trump because Russia was loosing billions of dollars, esp in the nat gas play selling nat gas to Poland and other European countries. 

The U.S. is the worlds leading Oil exporter in crude and natural gas.  Now, since Biden took into office, every single country is taking advantage of his idiotic moves in the oil/gas industry and likely future moves.  All of us will see the fate of $80-100 barrel prices in oil bc of the fact that OPEC now will be in control.  It's unbelievably sad and frustrating watching all of this play out.  I cringe when I see our country being used and abused when we could still be producing enormous amounts of crude but not anymore.  They say we have a 100 years worth of oil just in the Rockies alone.  So much untapped potential.

The price of oil is where it was before the pandemic hit when Fat Nixon was in office. 

It's funny you think Donald knew what he was doing. Look at the history of the price of oil during his presidency. It went up and down. Shale boomed and then a ton of companies had to go out of business because there was too much oil.

OPEC is keeping production low bc we were literally running out of places to put it. Remember when oil went negative for a day? OPEC reduced production when Fat Nixon was in office too.

When oil is $10/barrel and gas $1 like apparently you want it, companies go bankrupt. Just look at what happened to all the US shale companies when the price of oil went below $40/barrel. I guess you just want Exxon and the big guys controlling the market?

It's hilarious how you think that we're suddenly going to a zero producer oil as an energy source. 

It's also pretty sick how you apparently want to just pump baby pump rather than looking for better alternative permanent cleaner energy sources. But yeah lets use all the oil on the planet first and while we're at it tear up the Rockies bc 'Murica needs to control the oil usage/production on this entire planet.

1 hour ago, OmahaSnowFan said:

The price of oil is where it was before the pandemic hit when Fat Nixon was in office. 

It's funny you think Donald knew what he was doing. Look at the history of the price of oil during his presidency. It went up and down. Shale boomed and then a ton of companies had to go out of business because there was too much oil.

OPEC is keeping production low bc we were literally running out of places to put it. Remember when oil went negative for a day? OPEC reduced production when Fat Nixon was in office too.

When oil is $10/barrel and gas $1 like apparently you want it, companies go bankrupt. Just look at what happened to all the US shale companies when the price of oil went below $40/barrel. I guess you just want Exxon and the big guys controlling the market?

It's hilarious how you think that we're suddenly going to a zero producer oil as an energy source. 

It's also pretty sick how you apparently want to just pump baby pump rather than looking for better alternative permanent cleaner energy sources. But yeah lets use all the oil on the planet first and while we're at it tear up the Rockies bc 'Murica needs to control the oil usage/production on this entire planet.

I’m all for green energy and waste-to-energy. In fact, I’m in the process of sourcing funding for a hydrogen waste energy project here in the US.  

Trump was looking out for the best interests of America and not the global elite oil tycoons.  If he was still in office, I can bet with confidence oil would not be trading at $60+ per barrel.  The reason why there was a glut of oil in March/April of last year was because demand tanked due to the pandemic and the costs storing the oil was significantly more.   Traders sold the oil at a loss so they wouldn’t carry the storage costs.  That was an anomaly bc of the global lock downs.

Sure, some businesses shut down when oil was priced low but it did not out weigh the benefits of low priced oil.  

The world will eventually shift towards green tech but it has to be done slowly and without governments forcing the issue, esp not how the “green new deal” would be implemented by AOC, Bernie and the rest of the Lib’s.

• Like 2
  • lol 1
42 minutes ago, Tom said:

I’m all for green energy and waste-to-energy. In fact, I’m in the process of sourcing funding for a hydrogen waste energy project here in the US.  

Trump was looking out for the best interests of America and not the global elite oil tycoons.  If he was still in office, I can bet with confidence oil would not be trading at $60+ per barrel.  The reason why there was a glut of oil in March/April of last year was because demand tanked due to the pandemic and the costs storing the oil was significantly more.   Traders sold the oil at a loss so they wouldn’t carry the storage costs.  That was an anomaly bc of the global lock downs.

Sure, some businesses shut down when oil was priced low but it did not out weigh the benefits of low priced oil.  

The world will eventually shift towards green tech but it has to be done slowly and without governments forcing the issue, esp not how the “green new deal” would be implemented by AOC, Bernie and the rest of the Lib’s.

Donnie doesn't look out for anyone but himself, been that way his whole life. That's why his "charity" was shut down for fraud. His university was shut down for... fraud for ripping people off bc all he cared about was making money. He's been the same arrogant fraud conman his whole life. Has had thousands of lawsuits against him for not paying people and ripping people off. He shits on a gold toilet and has his own penthouse in New York and golf resorts around the world. Yeah definitely not an elite.

When Donnie took office oil was $54/barrel. It briefly fell as low as $42/barrel. Then from 6/2017 to 10/2018 it ROSE all the way to $74 barrel. It briefly collapsed to $42/barrel again in 12/2018, before you guessed it, it rose back to $50-60 barrel for most of 2019. In fact before it collapsed before the pandemic it was nearly $63 barrel. I'm not sure what planet you were living on where oil and gas was dirt cheap while he was in office because of any "policy" he had.

https://www.macrotrends.net/2516/wti-crude-oil-prices-10-year-daily-chart

6 hours ago, Tom said:

Please provide specific examples....

Looks to me like we're still producing the same amount of oil since Biden took office (minus the week of the extreme cold in the country).

https://ycharts.com/indicators/us_crude_oil_field_production

Some of you should watch George Carlin and the "Real Owners"--- probably too graphic to post on here. One of the biggest of those "Real Owners" of the "World" is Central Banks and in the US case"The Federal  Reserve" -- if you think it's Federal- just because "they" call it that--  and your going  to argue about oil prices on here based on a "R" or "D" your wasting your time. Bigger fish to fry. JFK tried.Rothschild Quotes On Money. QuotesGram

• Like 3

The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

Uh, your normal consumer that has to drive everday doesn'tgive a rodents behind what a barrel of oil cost, its what a tank of gas cost, and i was paying under 2$ a gallon for a.good chunk of sir Donalds tenure.  Why anyone in there right mind would want Russia, IRAN, OPEC , controlling the price of oil in the future , AGAIN, is perplexing.

• Like 4
  • lol 1
7 hours ago, OmahaSnowFan said:

Please provide specific examples....

Looks to me like we're still producing the same amount of oil since Biden took office (minus the week of the extreme cold in the country).

https://ycharts.com/indicators/us_crude_oil_field_production

Iran testing Biden's admin...they see weakness: https://www.spglobal.com/platts/en/market-insights/latest-news/shipping/020921-iran-activates-game-plan-for-oil-comeback-in-2021-in-test-for-biden-administration

OPEC nations are also reaping the rewards of Biden's administrations decisions...less U.S.drilling, less oil being produced...

Fact: The cost of crude oil is directly related to cost of gas because nearly 53% of what you pay for gas at the pump is the cost of crude oil.

Ok, I think this is enough about this topic...there are more important fish to fry!

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Tom said:

Iran testing Biden's admin...they see weakness: https://www.spglobal.com/platts/en/market-insights/latest-news/shipping/020921-iran-activates-game-plan-for-oil-comeback-in-2021-in-test-for-biden-administration

OPEC nations are also reaping the rewards of Biden's administrations decisions...less U.S.drilling, less oil being produced...

Fact: The cost of crude oil is directly related to cost of gas because nearly 53% of what you pay for gas at the pump is the cost of crude oil.

Ok, I think this is enough about this topic...there are more important fish to fry!

Fact: I literally showed you the price of oil during Donnie Nixon’s term was over $70 at one point, was $62 right before the pandemic, and was $50-60 for the majority of his term.

11 hours ago, OmahaSnowFan said:

Donnie doesn't look out for anyone but himself, been that way his whole life. That's why his "charity" was shut down for fraud. His university was shut down for... fraud for ripping people off bc all he cared about was making money. He's been the same arrogant fraud conman his whole life. Has had thousands of lawsuits against him for not paying people and ripping people off. He shits on a gold toilet and has his own penthouse in New York and golf resorts around the world. Yeah definitely not an elite.

When Donnie took office oil was $54/barrel. It briefly fell as low as $42/barrel. Then from 6/2017 to 10/2018 it ROSE all the way to $74 barrel. It briefly collapsed to $42/barrel again in 12/2018, before you guessed it, it rose back to $50-60 barrel for most of 2019. In fact before it collapsed before the pandemic it was nearly $63 barrel. I'm not sure what planet you were living on where oil and gas was dirt cheap while he was in office because of any "policy" he had.

https://www.macrotrends.net/2516/wti-crude-oil-prices-10-year-daily-chart

Lol, sounds like the Clinton dynasty.

And after all those price fluctuations for your infatuation with barrel prices, the price at the pump stayed steady and cheap.

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

Regarding oil prices (I'd quote someone, but there's too many to choose from), it'd be nice if one person, even the President, could cause oil prices to do what's best for the American people.  But they can't.  Not Trump, not Biden and not Clinton.  At least not over any material period of time.  There are so many factors at play, not the least of which is speculators in the oil markets.  I will say this, though.  While I agree with Tom that the switch away from fossil fuels to green energy has to be gradual, it wouldn't happen at all in America if the government didn't play a role.  There's too many people invested in fossil fuels, and peoples' ability to look beyond the end of their noses is too weak.  Markets are good at a lot of things, but they won't allow needed change when there are too many powerful people in the market only looking out for their own interests.  That power causes sacrificing long-term benefits for short term gains.  Both sides will likely overshoot their best interests when they get the chance (See Texas and the Green New Deal as examples on both sides).  That's the unfortunate reality.  But we do need government to nudge us away from fossil fuels.  Otherwise it won't happen (at least in the US).  

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Wheezer said:

Lol, sounds like the Clinton dynasty.

And after all those price fluctuations for your infatuation with barrel prices, the price at the pump stayed steady and cheap.

Again what planet have you been living on? The cheapest gas prices during Donnie Nixon’s term were bc OF THE PANDEMIC and they’re going back up bc the GLOBAL ECONOMY IS RECOVERING. Keep kissing the fat orange a** though😘

5A76C557-AB34-4FF9-B00A-00B64B1F4CC5.jpeg

• Like 2
1 hour ago, OmahaSnowFan said:

Again what planet have you been living on? The cheapest gas prices during Donnie Nixon’s term were bc OF THE PANDEMIC and they’re going back up bc the GLOBAL ECONOMY IS RECOVERING. Keep kissing the fat orange a** though😘

5A76C557-AB34-4FF9-B00A-00B64B1F4CC5.jpeg

Lol, speaking of orange have you seen Biden lately.  Orange is in.

And those 4 year prices were the cheapest and steadiest of any 4 years for uh, uh Obama

• Like 2

Last spring it was $18 to fill up the tank for my little car and I had nowhere to be since everything was shut down. Now it's $27. I want my $9 check this is bs LOL. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Snowfall in Lincoln, NE:

2017-18: 21.4"   

2018-19: 55.5"   

2019-20: 17.6"   

2020-21: 49.4" (so far)

Average: 25.9"

I'm buying electric next car. Current estimates are it will save 20-30 dollars per charge than gasoline.   My current vehicle gets 44 mpg.  I don't care if gas prices go up.  It's a sign the economy is coming back.  Renewable energy is the future.  There will still be need for oil and gas of course.  But the bitterness between people who have no real idea what they are talking about is silly.  Anyone who thinks oil prices are controlled by the President in their first 40 days are completely out there.  There hasn't even been time for an economic plan.  We are still operating under the former administrations economy.  Give it a year.  Everything is so political when it doesn't have to be.  

• Like 2
16 minutes ago, Stacsh said:

https://phys.org/news/2021-03-apparent-atlantic-artifact-climate.html

Big hit to all the pretend scientists who are slaves to their oil masters pushing the myth humans can't cause global climate change.  

Michael Mann, are you kidding me.  And did we really have to spend millions dollars to find out volcanos can cause fluctuations in climate?  Lol.

Learn earths geological history, I mean really learn it , and throw in the science of ice core sampling, then come back and tell me man is the sole controller of climate 

• Like 2
31 minutes ago, Wheezer said:

Michael Mann, are you kidding me.  And did we really have to spend millions dollars to find out volcanos can cause fluctuations in climate?  Lol.

Learn earths geological history, I mean really learn it , and throw in the science of ice core sampling, then come back and tell me man is the sole controller of climate 

Who said the sole controller?  Let me guess, you ignore all the data that points to humans causing a rapid change in climate because of your blind political beliefs? 

7 minutes ago, Stacsh said:

Who said the sole controller?  Let me guess, you ignore all the data that points to humans causing a rapid change in climate because of your blind political beliefs? 

Uh, politics got nothing to do with it for me, just knowing what I know. I don't ignore any data or science , like some .  To ignore the real science of earths past is blind

I'll be brief and out of here. Oceans drive climate. Oceans have warmed ( 3 to 1 el nino to la nina - ) since we have had technology to track. Something tells me during Maunder Min / Little Ice Age and to lesser extent the 1970's, more nina's. We don't even understand how oceans change temp or certainly why, but it's because of a trace gas? Even if so, the math would suggest 100's of years of a substantial more Co2 than now to even move the oceans .1C all based on Co2. Are we are factor ? Sure. But if you think humans cause 70% of the earth that has a specific heat higher than any other common substance too warm ( too the levels currently and fluctuate) all by themselves from a trace gas with very little specific heat, and overall function compared to say water vapor- I digress 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

2 hours ago, snowstorm83 said:

Last spring it was $18 to fill up the tank for my little car and I had nowhere to be since everything was shut down. Now it's $27. I want my $9 check this is bs LOL. 

Communism.

• lol 1

>1" Snowfalls for Fargo-Hector Int'l Airport in 2020-21: 10/20 (4.2"), 10/22 (2.7"), 12/23 (1.2"), 12/27 (1.8"), 12/29-30 (4.1"), 1/23 (1.9"), 4/13-14 (1.4")

Total Snowfall for 2020-2021 @ KFAR: 28.6"            Coldest Low: -25*F (2/15)

First flake of the season: 10/15 @ 21:27 CDT

6 hours ago, Stacsh said:

I'm buying electric next car. Current estimates are it will save 20-30 dollars per charge than gasoline.   My current vehicle gets 44 mpg.  I don't care if gas prices go up.  It's a sign the economy is coming back.  Renewable energy is the future.  There will still be need for oil and gas of course.  But the bitterness between people who have no real idea what they are talking about is silly.  Anyone who thinks oil prices are controlled by the President in their first 40 days are completely out there.  There hasn't even been time for an economic plan.  We are still operating under the former administrations economy.  Give it a year.  Everything is so political when it doesn't have to be.  

I disagree. Trump turned the USA into an energy producer, so the USA was competing in the oil markets. Traditionally, OPEC controlled everything and if they wanted it to be $120 a barrel it would be. Trump was able to put OPEC in check by allowing the USA to drill and refine enough to be competitive.

It's a bit like how recycling steel causes a ton of pollution, so you can't do it in the West. Every time you recycle steel it gets put on a giant ship to China, where they recycle it and cause a ton of pollution, and then it gets shipped back here.

Lots of green things work like that. And I still don't think electric cars are very good. You will always be limited how far you can drive away from your home, unless you want to spend hours at a charging station. It seems like a big step backwards to me.

I've noticed a lot of green people will think something is green, even if it is actually absolutely filthy to produce but causes no pollution when it's running. Like electric motors running off of coal power plants.

• Like 3
On 3/5/2021 at 7:28 PM, gimmesnow said:

I disagree. Trump turned the USA into an energy producer, so the USA was competing in the oil markets. Traditionally, OPEC controlled everything and if they wanted it to be $120 a barrel it would be. Trump was able to put OPEC in check by allowing the USA to drill and refine enough to be competitive.

It's a bit like how recycling steel causes a ton of pollution, so you can't do it in the West. Every time you recycle steel it gets put on a giant ship to China, where they recycle it and cause a ton of pollution, and then it gets shipped back here.

Lots of green things work like that. And I still don't think electric cars are very good. You will always be limited how far you can drive away from your home, unless you want to spend hours at a charging station. It seems like a big step backwards to me.

I've noticed a lot of green people will think something is green, even if it is actually absolutely filthy to produce but causes no pollution when it's running. Like electric motors running off of coal power plants.

Amen. So many clueless people think they’re green by going electric and plugging their car into an electrical outlet! And how are you going to heat your vehicle in the northern winters without rapidly draining the battery? Plus a.c. would also drain the battery, though battery technology is improving (I’ve heard of much lighter longer lasting batteries being developed), but still.....

Oh, and I wouldn’t mind a bit warmer in my neck of the woods and maybe more precipitation, which sounds interesting. And summers might not be necessarily warmer with more rainfall/humidity? A bit of warming is much better than another ice age which would be disastrous and impact food prices. 

• Like 1

‘20 - ‘21 season snowfall = 39.3”

On 3/5/2021 at 2:14 PM, Stacsh said:

https://phys.org/news/2021-03-apparent-atlantic-artifact-climate.html

Big hit to all the pretend scientists who are slaves to their oil masters pushing the myth humans can't cause global climate change.  

So this region's golden era of winters (65-85) was a result of industrial pollution. I've stated my belief that the pattern was related to the AMO and have been waiting 36 years for a return to it. But per this study it may never return unless we go back to polluting which I would never encourage. The other option is Yellowstone blows it's lid. An even worse scenario. Getting several Mount Saint Helens seems like an extreme long-shot so I'm no longer holding my breath for a return of the glory days AMO of my youth. Wow, disappointing to say the least.

• Like 1

Winter 2020-21 Snow Total = 35.1"  Largest Storm: 10.2" (2/15-16)        Oct: 0.0 Nov: 1.5 Dec: 3.6 Jan: 10.0 Feb: 20.0 Mar: 0.0 Apr: 0.0

Annual avg for mby = 49.7"  Avg for last 10 seasons = 58.4" (118% of normal)

2019-20 = 48.0"  2018-19 = 56.1"  2017-18 = 68.3"   2016-17 = 52"   2015-16 = 57.4"   2014-15 = 55.3"   2013-14 = 100.6" (coldest & snowiest in the modern record!)  2012-13 = 47.2"   2011-12 = 43.7"

Legit Blizzards (high winds and dbl digit snows): Feb 2011, Dec 2009, Jan 2005, Dec 2000, Jan 1999, Mar 1998, Nov 1989, Jan 1982, Jan 1978, Jan 1977, Apr 1975, Mar 1973, Jan 1967, Feb 1965, Jan 1918

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/9/2021 at 10:05 AM, jaster220 said:

So this region's golden era of winters (65-85) was a result of industrial pollution. I've stated my belief that the pattern was related to the AMO and have been waiting 36 years for a return to it. But per this study it may never return unless we go back to polluting which I would never encourage. The other option is Yellowstone blows it's lid. An even worse scenario. Getting several Mount Saint Helens seems like an extreme long-shot so I'm no longer holding my breath for a return of the glory days AMO of my youth. Wow, disappointing to say the least.

Finally getting around to commenting about this...I was not familiar with the AMO or it's possible causes, but remembered the winters of 65-85 as being definitely colder and snowier. The one thing I do remember is they did seem to suddenly stop after 1985, just like that. After 1985 the winters were noticeably warmer and less snowy here. That's part of why I have had trouble with the idea of man-made global warming because of how quickly this changed around 1985.

Something else...overall we have had less severe weather in the spring here that started at the same time. I assume one reason was we didn't have the clash of cold and warm air masses like we did in the colder winters. But whatever reason that changed as well.

It's all very interesting.

• Like 1
  • 20-21 snowfalls >=3": (Jan 1 - 4.5"); Season total (12.4")
  • 20-21 monthly: Oct (0.6"); Nov (Trace); Dec (Trace); Jan (7.6"); Feb (4.2"); Mar (Trace)
  • 20-21 temps: Oct(-3.2); Nov (+4.8); Dec (+4.5); Jan (+5.1); Feb (-11.3); Mar (+5.0)