I guess that's the way the story goes

Will it ever make sense

Somebody's got to know

There's got to be more to life than this

There's got to be more to everything

I thought exists

We are, We are, the youth of the nation"

---P.O.D.; "Youth of the Nation" (2001)

God please cleanse heal, forgive and restore our nation from the wounds of it's past. Restore the value and meaning of life to generations. Tear down fake divisions and false demographic-based groups and let us see what makes us all the same again. Let us see what great qualities UNITE us again, not what makes all so very individualistic, disconnected and isolated that we disregard life for selfishness and vapidity of things that are temporary.

GOD BLESS THE USA

AMEN

Off topic but what NFL team do you follow and who do you want in draft? 49ers and either Ruggs Jeudy or Lamb I’m no order

Man, I love talking about football, but I have to admit I've been out of following that closely in couple of years.

I was always, and will always be a Pittsburgh Steelers fan. I miss the days when they were one of the feared and highly respected teams in NFL.

Needs: New coach. New management. QB, WR, RB.

It's just hard to like my team. Lol.

Roethlisberger has served his time but there's gotta be something better in the 2nd round than the slower, fatter, Philip Rivers of the North.

I think you're about right on SF. Hard to see anywhere else that they are really weak at all. They really are a great football team. If you guys get Lamb, you'll be all set.

The US has crossed 50k deaths today in 7 WEEKS. This despite all the steps and efforts of the country. Can you imagine where we’d be with just washing hands and living life normally like all the idiots who think would be okay? All the sporting events, concerts, school events, etc that would have happened in the past month and a half?

3/1: 75 cases and 1 death

4/23: 886,709 cases and 50,243 deaths

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

But PLEASE keep comparing this to the flu and conspiracy theories to take down dear Fuhrer. While you’re at it, go inject your body with some disinfectant just like the “president” said today.

The US has crossed 50k deaths today in 7 WEEKS. This despite all the steps and efforts of the country. Can you imagine where we’d be with just washing hands and living life normally like all the idiots who think would be okay? All the sporting events, concerts, school events, etc that would have happened in the past month and a half?

But PLEASE keep comparing this to the flu and conspiracy theories to take down dear Fuhrer. While you’re at it, go inject your body with some disinfectant just like the “president” said today.

Read through coronavirus discussion 2 in the western forum here starting about yesterday morning. Good level-headed and balanced thought in there.

(A good place to start.)

http://theweatherforums.com/index.php/topic/2200-coronavirus-discussion-part-ii/page-19

I don't even have responses to accusatory pointed questions anymore. This is getting beyond silly.

In other news, daily rain and clouds is getting old. Carrying a 75-80" year-to-year rolling precip total over the last 18 month span is pretty ridiculous.

There's always a silver lining though. Since the mid 1990s I haven't witnessed tree health and growth like this. Starting to see the longer term weather patterns and climate variance over 4, 10 and then longer 15-20 year stretches that built these large hardwood oak and pine forests around here. Streamflow, springs and the water table are so full it's crazy and I've had the same puddle in my driveway since at least December (If not longer).

Read through coronavirus discussion 2 in the western forum here starting about yesterday morning. Good level-headed and balanced thought in there.

(A good place to start.)

http://theweatherforums.com/index.php/topic/2200-coronavirus-discussion-part-ii/page-19

I don't even have responses to accusatory pointed questions anymore. This is getting beyond silly.

In other news, daily rain and clouds is getting old. Carrying a 75-80" year-to-year rolling precip total over the last 18 month span is pretty ridiculous.

There's always a silver lining though. Since the mid 1990s I haven't witnessed tree health and growth like this. Starting to see the longer term weather patterns and climate variance over 4, 10 and then longer 15-20 year stretches that built these large hardwood oak and pine forests around here. Streamflow, springs and the water table are so full it's crazy and I've had the same puddle in my driveway since at least December (If not longer).

Nah, I don't live in the Western US. I'll keep pointing out the facts here on this forum.

Love how you put president in quotation marks. You’re a complete idiot.

Guess what? HE’S STILL YOUR PRESIDENT

I guess we should hide in our houses the rest of our lives over this virus! Why go out in public to grocery stores, Walmart etc If this virus is so dangerous?

Closing down small businesses which account for 66+% of the jobs over big corporations seems silly.

Let’s close the entire economy down in areas that literally have 50 cases or less and aren’t big populated at all.

There are so much better ways to handle this then shut everything down. We all know the vast majority of cases occur in people over the age of 60. Let’s quarantine them for awhile. Let’s keep areas that aren’t affected that much open and put in a travel restriction in hot spots.

I’ll take Wisconsin for example. The biggest areas with cases is Milwaukee and Madison. Put in a quarantine restriction on elderly people and force those residents to stay within county level. Open up the other areas and watch for numbers. If it gets too bad then you shut things down for awhile. Forcing people to close there business after working their entire life for it over a few cases is so silly and destructive.

KC has been quite active the last 6 weeks, crowded grocery stores, post offices, essential businesses, and many more crowded areas. I would say 70 percent of the city has still been out...still not many cases and where I live in the city, hardly any.

So I ask again, if so contagious, why are our hospitals empty? Why so many layoffs? This isn’t just for KC, this is for most cities(96%) that have less than average traffic in their hospitals. Going broke in other words, this is fact!

Now, investigations are in progress for the few cities claiming so many deaths. What are they finding, folks that are labeled COVID-19 actually died of something else. So, they are back tracking on total COVID-19 deaths.

I don’t doubt there is a virus, but the doom and gloom outlook wasn’t even close.

The flip side of this will be far worse than the virus, make sure we count the deaths there too. This virus’s mortality rate is comparable to the flu. This is fact from the best scientists out there. The media makes it sound like 10 percent of the population is dying.

Lock down the problem areas and open the country back up. If you want to stay home the rest of your life, nobody is stopping you.

• Like 2

KC has been quite active the last 6 weeks, crowded grocery stores, post offices, essential businesses, and many more crowded areas. I would say 70 percent of the city has still been out...still not many cases and where I live in the city, hardly any.

So I ask again, if so contagious, why are our hospitals empty? Why so many layoffs? This isn’t just for KC, this is for most cities(96%) that have less than average traffic in their hospitals. Going broke in other words, this is fact!

Now, investigations are in progress for the few cities claiming so many deaths. What are they finding, folks that are labeled COVID-19 actually died of something else. So, they are back tracking on total COVID-19 deaths.

I don’t doubt there is a virus, but the doom and gloom outlook wasn’t even close.

The flip side of this will be far worse than the virus, make sure we count the deaths there too. This virus’s mortality rate is comparable to the flu. This is fact from the best scientists out there. The media makes it sound like 10 percent of the population is dying.

Lock down the problem areas and open the country back up. If you want to stay home the rest of your life, nobody is stopping you.

It’s been bad. And shutting down has saved thousands of lives. But regurgitate every fake thing Fox News tells you. It fits your agenda. Thank god you are not in charge. You probably shun science and experts as well for your politics.

Also this rate is currently twice as deadly and contagious as the flu. I know you don’t accept facts. But that’s a fact.

Also still comparing the flu? You know people have underlying health conditions who die of the flu? So those numbers are “skewed” as well eh?

For anyone who thinks that just because they live is a small town and or in a state that has little or no cases I would like to point you to Alpena in northeast Michigan. Alpena was the last county in lower Michigan to have a case. I have kept track because I lived there for a while as a kid and I still have a niece that lives up there. They went from no cases to at least 60 in less then 3 weeks. Here is the report from the Alpena News.

https://www.thealpenanews.com/news/local-news/2020/04/covid-19-how-do-we-compare/

If anyone gets critically sick in Alpena they more likely than not would have to go to Traverse City or Saginaw. Of course that is common is all small towns.

• Like 1

It’s been bad. And shutting down has saved thousands of lives. But regurgitate every fake thing Fox News tells you. It fits your agenda. Thank god you are not in charge. You probably shun science and experts as well for your politics.

Also this rate is currently twice as deadly and contagious as the flu. I know you don’t accept facts. But that’s a fact.

Also still comparing the flu? You know people have underlying health conditions who die of the flu? So those numbers are “skewed” as well eh?

I just put a quote up about Alpena. They were the last county in Lower Michigan to have a case and as of Saturday there are at least 60 cases and 2 dead. 

From April 12, 2009 to April 10, 2010, CDC estimated there were 60.8 million cases (range: 43.3-89.3 million), 274,304 hospitalizations (range: 195,086-402,719), and 12,469 deaths (range: 8868-18,306) in the United States due to the (H1N1)pdm09 virus.

Disease Burden of the H1N1pdm09 Flu Virus, 2009-2018

Since the 2009 H1N1 pandemic, the (H1N1)pdm09 flu virus has circulated seasonally in the U.S. causing significant illnesses, hospitalizations, and deaths.

More

Additionally, CDC estimated that 151,700-575,400 people worldwide died from (H1N1)pdm09 virus infection during the first year the virus circulated

Remember the above???

We didn’t shut down life...

Coronavirus numbers aren’t even close to the people affected and the total deaths globally.

It’s simple, if healthy, go to work. Herd immunity is the best medicine.

Older and compromised, lay low and shelter in place.

You guys keep saying the shut down is working, weird how New York City has continued to have cases and deaths even know they have been down for 6 weeks. (Yes, things are starting to look better there)

The #’s don’t match your argument.

Again, if you want to stay home, do so. But, don’t blame the folks that don’t want to.

I know a lot of people in KC, not one is sick nor do they know someone that is sick. I have not changed one aspect of my life, I’m doing just fine. And no, I didn’t have it or carry it to other people. I did an antibody test on Tuesday last week.....result........NEGATIVE....just like 99.9 percent of the us population. Time to open back up!!!!!

Remember to track the deaths after this is all over...going to beat the actual virus total by a huge margin.

America lost, plain and simple. The economy shut down, the real pain will be here soon enough.

There seems to be a misconception or two regarding the motivation behind the restrictions, so I'll say this.

The initial reason behind restrictions, and why more people supported them than now, is because they made more sense. Back in mid-March, we knew nothing about the virus besides fake numbers out of China and peak numbers in Italy, who had zero warning and quite possibly got an exaggerated strain. We also wanted to keep hospitals from overfilling, which worked for the most part.

Now let's get real. Stay-at-home orders are NOT viable for getting rid of the virus. You cannot say that they will save lives when there is no evidence that they will. Because guess what? The virus is still going to spread, whether it be all at once or over a period of time, until we have herd immunity. The only way we can forcefully stop it is by forcing everyone to stay in their homes for a month. Thankfully the economy wouldn't matter, cuz everyone would starve.

Don't diss Sweden just yet, they might be onto something.

• Like 2

Formerly *ahem*: LNK_Weather, TOL_Weather, FAR_Weather, MSP_Weather, IMoveALot_Weather.

There seems to be a misconception or two regarding the motivation behind the restrictions, so I'll say this.

The initial reason behind restrictions, and why more people supported them than now, is because they made more sense. Back in mid-March, we knew nothing about the virus besides fake numbers out of China and peak numbers in Italy, who had zero warning and quite possibly got an exaggerated strain. We also wanted to keep hospitals from overfilling, which worked for the most part.

Now let's get real. Stay-at-home orders are NOT viable for getting rid of the virus. You cannot say that they will save lives when there is no evidence that they will. Because guess what? The virus is still going to spread, whether it be all at once or over a period of time, until we have herd immunity. The only way we can forcefully stop it is by forcing everyone to stay in their homes for a month. Thankfully the economy wouldn't matter, cuz everyone would starve.

Don't diss Sweden just yet, they might be onto something.

except most people support the SAHO's.  The vocal minority does not.  

From April 12, 2009 to April 10, 2010, CDC estimated there were 60.8 million cases (range: 43.3-89.3 million), 274,304 hospitalizations (range: 195,086-402,719), and 12,469 deaths (range: 8868-18,306) in the United States due to the (H1N1)pdm09 virus.

Disease Burden of the H1N1pdm09 Flu Virus, 2009-2018

Since the 2009 H1N1 pandemic, the (H1N1)pdm09 flu virus has circulated seasonally in the U.S. causing significant illnesses, hospitalizations, and deaths.

More

Additionally, CDC estimated that 151,700-575,400 people worldwide died from (H1N1)pdm09 virus infection during the first year the virus circulated

Remember the above???

We didn’t shut down life...

Coronavirus numbers aren’t even close to the people affected and the total deaths globally.

It’s simple, if healthy, go to work. Herd immunity is the best medicine.

Older and compromised, lay low and shelter in place.

You guys keep saying the shut down is working, weird how New York City has continued to have cases and deaths even know they have been down for 6 weeks. (Yes, things are starting to look better there)

The #’s don’t match your argument.

Again, if you want to stay home, do so. But, don’t blame the folks that don’t want to.

I know a lot of people in KC, not one is sick nor do they know someone that is sick. I have not changed one aspect of my life, I’m doing just fine. And no, I didn’t have it or carry it to other people. I did an antibody test on Tuesday last week.....result........NEGATIVE....just like 99.9 percent of the us population. Time to open back up!!!!!

Remember to track the deaths after this is all over...going to beat the actual virus total by a huge margin.

America lost, plain and simple. The economy shut down, the real pain will be here soon enough.

I have a cousin like you.  Thought it was a joke, until her 19 yr old daughter with asthma got it.  Now she's in the Hospital.  Small town in Kent City, Michigan.  It's all a joke until you see it first hand.  Easy to sit there and spew your politics because you can't see it.  That mentality is why America is losing right now.  Other countries locked down well before the good ol" USA and are doing much better.  Our leader Failed miserably and is blaming anyone but his own leadership.  

• Like 2

Supported*. The ones who still do don't want to accept the reality that we've been dealt a s**t hand and we can't keep doing this.

Most people I know are still working. Those who live paycheck to paycheck are making more for the next 4 months than they ever have on unemployment. It’s ok. another month and then some more distancing in the fall it will be ok. Too bad the Right has made it political.

Most people I know are still working. Those who live paycheck to paycheck are making more for the next 4 months than they ever have on unemployment. It’s ok. another month and then some more distancing in the fall it will be ok. Too bad the Right has made it political.

"Too bad the Right has made it political."

-You, on a post that didn't have to be political. I'm gonna let you think over your words for a bit and when you want to talk rationally, let me know.

Formerly *ahem*: LNK_Weather, TOL_Weather, FAR_Weather, MSP_Weather, IMoveALot_Weather.

Congrats USA. Cruising right along with 2k+ deaths/day for almost every day for the last 4 weeks. Set a new high today. But, but H1N1. Does Mike not know the numbers of Covid-19 in the US? Nearly 6x deaths in 2 months compared to an entire YEAR of H1N1. Already passed the number of deaths forecast by end of August and that’s 4 months to go. Gee when you look at that and the hospitalization rate I wonder why we’re treating this differently.

Nebraska has had it’s largest numbers yet this week and a large increase in the positive percentage results. Douglas county(Omaha) just had it’s largest day today, after it’s largest day yesterday. And the largest day the day before that. Our health director warned how the curve is not flattening. Yet restrictions are loosening Monday. Too many states are loosening too soon.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/05/02/who-us-just-reported-deadliest-day-for-coronavirus.html?__source=twitter%7Cmain

41136B0B-8D37-451E-9893-2F466C6770EA.jpeg

C9E5DA68-9153-4B15-BD40-ACB0D4685B3D.jpeg

OmahaSnowFan, (post #1235) those numbers are meaningless and tell us nothing. Here's the CDC numbers - which may be just as bad - showing only 37,308 deaths from COVID-19 and these numbers include confirmed and presumed(!) cases. The CDC also shows 16,564 deaths with both COVID-19 and pneumonia, but we don't really know how many, if any, died from COVID-19. The bottom line is feel free to hide out in your mom's basement until the all clear is given if that makes you feel safer.

Screenshot-2020-05-03-Provisional-Death-Screenshot-2020-05-03-Provisional-Death-

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid19/index.htm

23-24 seasonal snow total: 17.8" (as of 3/9/24)

Yep, CDC says there aren’t 65k dead from this, only half of that. 2018-19 Flu season killed over 60K in 4.5 months. FLU still winning!

It’s okay to cram 800 people into Home Depot but you can’t go to church or we can’t start little league games. Baseball is outside and spread out.

Now that the country is opening back up after this ridiculous shut down, I’m sure the headlines will read:

Cases surge since reopening....just wait, they’re coming. Negative Negative Negative

On average, 7200 people die a day in this country. I don’t remember any of you doom and gloom folks going on here mentioning that.

If you’re sick, stay home. If you fear this virus, stay home.

You still have a 99.8 percent chance of surviving the virus if you get it.

Media and many politicians have an agenda here

Signing in when you go to bars and restaurants...tracking devices in your bodies....Come On Folks, wake up! They want yo own you!

Think about all the things trump has leverage to use going into election debates/season. He might be best strategic Prez we've ever seen:

1) national run healthcare won't work based on slow response of medical supplies needed

2) trump showing we should be more secure on border and with immigration because this virus came from Wuhan and he tried to warn us; not a racist thing

3) Dem run states have not prepared to face hardship and really have no control. Most are bankrupt

4) We rely on private sector to hold up the country as shown by quick production of vaccine and private sector making us king of ventilators

5) He exposed WHO for what they are (not sure I completely understand but they are exposed nonetheless)

6) He is exposing the Left and their ideological bias of sexual assault. All but forcing Biden to pick a woman Running mate and making him answer tough questions

7) He is playing hardball with China. I bet there is some bombshell coming that they forgive our $3T debt to them

8) He has Cuomo from NY and Newsome from Cali sayings nice things about him. Both Dem golden boys.

9) FBI Russia hoax has breaking news that FBI people lied about most of it under direction of Obama folks

10) Exposing bad Governors and local leaders of being power hungry and keeping people home rather than caring about individual's economic needs.

Genius!

The American people brought this man in to expose the corrupt agendas of our government. He’s blowing everything up.....change is tough. I’m certain Attorney General Barr has plenty if evidence to share with the American people.

Think about all the things trump has leverage to use going into election debates/season. He might be best strategic Prez we've ever seen:

1) national run healthcare won't work based on slow response of medical supplies needed

2) trump showing we should be more secure on border and with immigration because this virus came from Wuhan and he tried to warn us; not a racist thing

3) Dem run states have not prepared to face hardship and really have no control. Most are bankrupt

4) We rely on private sector to hold up the country as shown by quick production of vaccine and private sector making us king of ventilators

5) He exposed WHO for what they are (not sure I completely understand but they are exposed nonetheless)

6) He is exposing the Left and their ideological bias of sexual assault. All but forcing Biden to pick a woman Running mate and making him answer tough questions

7) He is playing hardball with China. I bet there is some bombshell coming that they forgive our $3T debt to them

8) He has Cuomo from NY and Newsome from Cali sayings nice things about him. Both Dem golden boys.

9) FBI Russia hoax has breaking news that FBI people lied about most of it under direction of Obama folks

10) Exposing bad Governors and local leaders of being power hungry and keeping people home rather than caring about individual's economic needs.

Genius!

The American people brought this man in to expose the corrupt agendas of our government. He’s blowing everything up.....change is tough. I’m certain Attorney General Barr has plenty if evidence to share with the American people.

No doubt Trump wins in a landslide this fall. I have seen models that have him reaching 380 to 158 so he should have it in the bag but if they bring up the woman claim then Trump might have to answer to the 21 other women

Man, it’s hard to believe that we’re about to hit 70,000 deaths but that will be a drop in the bucket. I’m just glad the virus isn’t that bad. It’s like 9/11 every 3rd day for a couple of months. Maybe America can be Great Again some day!

Man, it’s hard to believe that we’re about to hit 70,000 deaths but that will be a drop in the bucket. I’m just glad the virus isn’t that bad. It’s like 9/11 every 3rd day for a couple of months. Maybe America can be Great Again some day!

"Too bad the Right has made it political."

-You, on a post that didn't have to be political. I'm gonna let you think over your words for a bit and when you want to talk rationally, let me know.

Most rational people are dealing with this shut down fine.  Gee who is making it political???? I'd say the right wing "protesters" err I mean glorified PAID Trumper rallies to energize his severely uneducated base.  EVERYONE wants to get back to work.  But most people don't want to die or see their loved ones die.