The Weather Forums

Official Complaint Thread

Geos

6 hours ago, Craig-OmahaWX said:

Haha yep. Its so hard to remember to stay active at any forums now a days. 

Miracles never cease !!  😂

Before You Diagnose Yourself With Depression or Low Self-Esteem,...First Make Sure You Are Not In Fact, Just Surrounded By A$$holes.

2018 Rainfall - 62.65" High Temp. - 110.03* Low Temp. - 8.4*

Just looked at the 12Z GFS.  Absolute crap for Nebraska.  2 storms both hit North Dakota.  Skip over us.  There is bad luck and then there is most of Nebraska from last Oct. through now.  I would curse, but it wouldn't help.  😂  I will now edit this, 3 storms to hit the Northern Plains.

• Like 1

• hawkstwelve unpinned this topic
  • 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, AquariusRadar said:

A politics thread should not be permitted on this forum. Political posts sully the entire atmosphere (no pun intended) of the weatherforum. I regret opening the thread and reading some of the posts.

You don't have to read them.

• Weenie 1

16 hours ago, Mr Marine Layer said:

You don't have to read them.

I had hoped a moderator would reply here on the complaint thread. But since you Mr. ML are everywhere and apparently in charge of handling complaints-Don't worry, I won't read any- I know in advance the ideas of the political posts..

17 hours ago, AquariusRadar said:

A politics thread should not be permitted on this forum. Political posts sully the entire atmosphere (no pun intended) of the weatherforum. I regret opening the thread and reading some of the posts.

If we do not have a separate political thread it will inevitably sink it's teeth into other areas of the forum that should otherwise be strictly about weather. With the specific thread, mods/admin/staff can at least point people in the direction to continue those conversations in the appropriate area when they pop up elsewhere.

Unfortunately politics has become a very contentious issue on multiple fronts that bleeds into many conversations. This provides the easiest route of moderating it the way we see fit. It also gives people the option to not engage with politics on here at all (by not going to the thread). So while I hear what you're saying, we will keep it as-is for now.

That being said, do know that if it gets nasty, personal, or hateful towards anyone we will temporarily close it down, like it has been many times in the past.

• Like 5

Weather station: https://sodakweather.com

Twitter: https://twitter.com/SoDakWx

Why was this moved to the everything else forum? The purpose of this thread was to consolidate posts that b!tch and moan about unfavorable weather patterns in the Midwest forum to one thread so that it didn't bring down the mood in the weather threads. It has served its purpose well and should be moved back and re-pinned.

Edit: I see hawkstwelve moved it so he's probably not aware of the history that caused this thread to be created in the first place, but yeah, it needs to be there. 

A few loose fingers sorta hijacked this thread and turned it into politics, but that's not what it's supposed to be. It's 100% about Midwest weather.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

>1" snowfalls at KFAR in 2021-22: 11/11-12 (1.0"), 11/13 (1.8"), 12/2 (1.0"), 12/4-5 (4.8"), 12/21 (3.1"), 12/25 (3.2"), 12/26-27 (8.6"), 12/28 (2.9"), 1/4-5 (3.2"), 1/14 (2.7"), 1/22 (2.8"),

Total 2021-22 snowfall at KFAR: 51.7"                                                  Coldest Minimum: -28*F (1/1, 1/7)

54 minutes ago, IMoveALot_Weather said:

Why was this moved to the everything else forum? The purpose of this thread was to consolidate posts that b!tch and moan about unfavorable weather patterns in the Midwest forum to one thread so that it didn't bring down the mood in the weather threads. It has served its purpose well and should be moved back and re-pinned.

Edit: I see hawkstwelve moved it so he's probably not aware of the history that caused this thread to be created in the first place, but yeah, it needs to be there. 

A few loose fingers (one of them being a certain guy from Omaha who is Marine Layer's favorite person ever) sorta hijacked this thread and turned it into politics, but that's not what it's supposed to be. It's 100% about Midwest weather.

Did not know that was the purpose of this thread. Moved back and re-pinned.

• Thanks 1

Weather station: https://sodakweather.com

Twitter: https://twitter.com/SoDakWx

• 5 weeks later...

After the past year, I think we've already built our weather karma back up since 2018-19 and 2020-21. It's time for some rain and actual snow next winter. I know weather doesn't actually work like that but at this point it's like cmon do something 😂

• Like 2

Snowfall in Lincoln, NE:

2017-18: 21.4"   2018-19: 55.5"   2019-20: 17.6"   2020-21: 49.4"   2021-22: 5.1" 🤮

Average: 26"

5 hours ago, Mr Marine Layer said:

Droughts suck

Totally Mr Layer!!!!

Texas is absolutely sick of the heat and the lack of rain.  Everyone is getting pretty grumpy if not downright depressed.   
Good news is temps will drop for the next 2 weeks in Texas and rain is in the forecast.  Hallelujah!!

Before You Diagnose Yourself With Depression or Low Self-Esteem,...First Make Sure You Are Not In Fact, Just Surrounded By A$$holes.

2018 Rainfall - 62.65" High Temp. - 110.03* Low Temp. - 8.4*

14 hours ago, Mr Marine Layer said:

Droughts suck

Droughts have one benefit.  They kill off Japanese beetle larvae in the lawns.  Last summer's drought worked marvelously in that regard.  Otherwise, I hate drought.

season snowfall: 0.0"

'21-22: 27.1"      '20-21: 52.5"      '19-20: 36.2"      '18-19: 50.2"      '17-18: 39.5"      '16-17: 17.9"      '15-16: 20.0"      '14-15: 30.4"      '13-14: 48.3"      '12-13: 34.1"

Average snowfall: ~30"