Official Weather Complaint Thread

Geos

Waterloo to us is as Norfolk is to you.

We had our second lowest season snowfall on record last season, and Norfolk finished well above average. Rather freakin' impressive for 92 miles as the crow flies. It was over a 30" difference. And people wonder why I have a vocal anti-Norfolk bias.

Formerly *ahem*: LNK_Weather, TOL_Weather, FAR_Weather, MSP_Weather, IMoveALot_Weather.

Lol when I first got here someone showed me the "ghettos" of Lincoln. Literally laughed my a** off. That s**t is just run down at worst and its a good neighborhood in Memphis.

If you ever see anyone standing by the tracks near 33rd and Cornhusker at around 8-9ish at night, that's me. I video call my friends by the tracks there and I park in the parking lot there some nights. Don't ask why. Has to do with my other hobby. That's a "bad" neighborhood, and I'm more worried about cops driving by and thinking I'm a meth head than people stabbing me. Actually, I have been talked to by a cop who thought I was a burglar there once. That was entertaining.

• Like 1

Formerly *ahem*: LNK_Weather, TOL_Weather, FAR_Weather, MSP_Weather, IMoveALot_Weather.

Im guessing its picking up low quality meth 

d**n how did you guess?

whats your other hobby?  

My actual other hobby is railfanning. Basically I take pictures and video of trains. I have a flickr, Instagram, and YouTube page dedicated to it. It's fun cuz I feel like I can tie weather into it too. A big reason why I'm a snow fan is cuz it really beefs up shots. Nothing is worse than bare ground and barer trees in the Winter for shots. Here's one I took yesterday near Yutan.

IMG_3290 1.jpg

• Like 3

the worst is from O to Cornhusker 

the area on West O is just near the city mission so a lot of bums live under the bridge at Salt creek 

We're getting close to the season of homeless people being everywhere in downtown again. There's normally quite a few on my 2 block walk from my parking garage on 12th & M to my campus on 12th & O.

We're getting close to the season of homeless people being everywhere in downtown again. There's normally quite a few on my 2 block walk from my parking garage on 12th & M to my campus on 12th & O.

Okay I know this random but does anyone see that guy with the dog??? Like wtf if you cant take care of yourself then why do you have a giant dog? I feel so bad for the poor dog. 

Edit: By that D**n Walgreens of course LOL

• Like 1

Snowfall in Lincoln, NE:

2017-18: 21.4"   2018-19: 55.5"   2019-20: 17.6"   2020-21: 49.4"   2021-22: 5.1" 🤮

Average: 26"

Okay I know this random but does anyone see that guy with the dog??? Like wtf if you cant take care of yourself then why do you have a giant dog? I feel so bad for the poor dog. 

Does the old lady with the big cross and brown (or white) coat still stand outside the Nebraska union preaching about terrorism? She's the best meme on the campus. I always had to try and not break down laughing every time I walked by her cuz the stuff she said was so ridiculous.

Does the old lady with the big cross and brown (or white) coat still stand outside the Nebraska union preaching about terrorism? She's the best meme on the campus. I always had to try and not break down laughing every time I walked by her cuz the stuff she said was so ridiculous.

Yes!!! I haven't seen in her since October/Novemeber but she's preaching her wild and pretends she just doesn't exist. 

Snowfall in Lincoln, NE:

2017-18: 21.4"   2018-19: 55.5"   2019-20: 17.6"   2020-21: 49.4"   2021-22: 5.1" 🤮

Yes!!! I haven't seen in her since October/Novemeber but she's preaching her wild s**t and pretends she just doesn't exist. 

I saw her before the Iowa game back on Black Friday. 

I actually found this Facebook page dedicated to her. Hasn't been used since 2012 but it's still hilarious. https://www.facebook.com/Crazy-Blue-Protesting-Lady-195270517151500/

• Like 1

Edit: By that d**n Walgreens of course LOL

is it a giant Irish Wolfhound type dog?

I met that guy and his dog at a dive bar on Cotner a while back, brought the dog in the bar with him 

is it a giant Irish Wolfhound type dog?

I met that guy and his dog at a dive bar on Cotner a while back, brought the dog in the bar with him 

Yeah. In the warmer months I see them, but I haven't seen them so far this semester. 

Snowfall in Lincoln, NE:

Edit: By that d**n Walgreens of course LOL

This may come as a profound shock; but people are not homeless by choice.

I would feel worse for the poor lost soul who does not have a roof over his head, a warm bed to sleep in, or know where his next meal is coming from.

But Americans have been conditioned to have contempt for those in need; and thus there are more societies for the protection of animals than for the protection of people. 

Upside-down planet at its finest.

• Like 1

This may come as a profound shock; but people are not homeless by choice.

I would feel worse for the poor lost soul who does not have a roof over his head, a warm bed to sleep in, or know where his next meal is coming from.

But Americans have been conditioned to have contempt for those in need; and thus there are more societies for the protection of animals than for the protection of people. 

Upside-down planet at its finest.

The ONLY THINGS that separate Every Other American from that poor soul's fate is 1/ Their bank book or 2/ They have family or friends who will take care of their material needs.

Year 3 of winter futility is going as futile as it gets. Starting to wish this were a destructive ice event for the excitement of it is pretty sad. Starting to hate and dread winter is disappointing also. Here's to drought and heatwaves in 4 months.

If there is anyone I have sympathy for here it is you. Man, what a let down it must be for you winter wise.

• Like 1

2018-2019 Snowfall Totals So Far : 59.5"

For More Winter Weather Forecasts for 2017-2018 :

https://www.facebook.com/snowdayweather/

If there is anyone I have sympathy for here it is you. Man, what a let down it must be for you winter wise.

Thank you. To my knowledge of winters back to at least 1887 here, this is the most snowless 3 season stretch of this area's entire history. I'm just in shock at how I could get nearly the perfect pattern all winter and never have anything to work with down here. Last hope is trying to close the winter with something special but I don't see it as a real possibility.

@ Okwx24

What he said..feel for ya man  :(

Winter 2023-24 Snow Total = 53.1" (90% Normal Season)  Largest Storm: 12" (1/12-13)   Oct: 0.1 Nov: 2.9 Dec: 7.5 Jan: 31.7 Feb: 6.0 Mar: 4.3 Apr: 0.1

Avg = 59.2"  (Harrison): 2023-24 = 53.1" 

Avg = 45.0"  (KDTW): 2022-23 = 33.5"   2021-22 = 35.6"    

Avg = 49.7"  (KRMY): 2020-21 = 36.2"   2019-20 = 48.0"   2018-19 = 56.1"   2017-18 = 68.3"    2016-17 = 52"    2015-16 = 57.4"    2014-15 = 55.3"    2013-14 = 100.6" (coldest & snowiest in the modern record!)  2012-13 = 47.2"    2011-12 = 43.7"

Legit Blizzards (high winds and dbl digit snows): Feb 2011, Dec 2009, Jan 2005, Dec 2000, Jan 1999, Mar 1998, Nov 1989, Jan 1982, Jan 1978, Jan 1977, Apr 1975, Mar 1973, Jan 1967, Feb 1965, Jan 1918

Thank you. To my knowledge of winters back to at least 1887 here, this is the most snowless 3 season stretch of this area's entire history. I'm just in shock at how I could get nearly the perfect pattern all winter and never have anything to work with down here. Last hope is trying to close the winter with something special but I don't see it as a real possibility.

Hang in there...Winter is still not ova. After mid March, then, its done!. ;)

Snowfall for Winter 2023 -24 for Metro Detroit Area 

Oct 2023: 0.2" AN

Nov 2023: 2.2" AN

Dec 2023: 0.5" BN Insane!

Jan 2024: 17.0" AN

Feb 2024: 1.9"  BN Insane!

Mar 2024: 4.9" BN

April 2024: Trace

Season So Far: 26.7"

RIP your sanity. Terrible conditions going on down there, I feel for you bud. I only have so much room to complain, what you're dealing with this year is a nightmare.

I really really don't like negativity too much but if there's a positive way to spin being in this 80 by 40 mile Hell zone of winter death I'd like to hear it. :lol: I'm trying to laugh about it a little bit but it's getting really difficult to. There has to be a lot of great winters coming in the future for all the crap and near misses I've seen since 2011-12. It will pass. Just not much positive to say so been staying out of the main threads. Tom does a great job.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Wish I had a $1 for every time this winter that the forecast was downgraded to “a coating to an inch”. Another miss by models and forecasters here. Not even a flake. We were in a winter storm watch just over 24 hours ago.

But hey there's the next MAJOR storm next week right? Wash. Rinse. Repeat. Give me spring already. Didn't the GFS have this storm getting down into the low 980s for SLP a couple of days ago by the time it made it into Wisconsin? Now it's in the mid to upper 990s. Much weaker system

But hey there's the next MAJOR storm next week right? Wash. Rinse. Repeat. Give me spring already. Didn't the GFS have this storm getting down into the low 980s for SLP a couple of days ago by the time it made it into Wisconsin? Now it's in the mid to upper 990s. Much weaker system

You’re right. Every storm is right around the corner. This should have been a great pattern for a large storm, just never quite materializes. I am officially ready for thunderstorms and spring.

• Like 1