WF First Annual Meet up

On 8/4/2022 at 9:04 PM, RentonHillTC said:

Early afternoon works best for me. Like 1 or so. I’ll bring salad. We’re grown ups now we can do better than veggie platters lol

(After last night) 🧐 ;)

Ashland, KY Weather

'23-'24 Winter

Snowfall - 5.50"
First freeze: 11/1 (32)
Minimum: 2 on 1/17

Measurable snows: 4
Max 1 day snow: 3" (1/19)

Thunders: 11
1/27, 1/28, 2/10, 2/22, 2/27, 2/28, 3/5, 3/6, 3/14, 3/15
3/26, 

-------------------------------------------------------
[Klamath Falls, OR 2010 to 2021]
https://imgur.com/SuGTijl

15 hours ago, SouthHillFrosty said:

Hey ppl. Does 1pm work for everyone? If so, lmk and I can get a head count going. The time is flexible. 

my address is 

28807 41st Avenue S Auburn, WA, 98001

I actually thought you here somewhere east, near the Renton Highlands.

Though I respect the fact you bought a home at the top of a 400'+ hill.. ;)

• Excited 1

Weather stats for MBY

Snowfall:

-Total snowfall since joining: 50.25"

-2018-19: 21"

-2019-20: 2.5"

-2020-21: 13"

-2021-22: 8.75"

-2022-23: 5.75"

-2023-24*: 0.25"

-Most recent snowfall: 0.25”; January 17th, 2024

-Largest snowfall (single storm): 8.5"; February 12-13, 2021

-Largest snow depth: 14"; 1:30am February 12th, 2019

Temperatures:

-Warmest: 109F; June 28th, 2021

-Coldest: 13F; December 27th, 2021

-Phreeze Count 2023-24: 31

1 hour ago, Meatyorologist said:

I actually thought you here somewhere east, near the Renton Highlands.

Though I respect the fact you bought a home at the top of a 400'+ hill.. ;)

Only way to do it. Couldn’t lose any elevation😏

• Like 1

Just now, SouthHillFrosty said:

Only way to do it. Couldn’t lose any elevation😏

Considering mod promotion rn

• Excited 1

Weather stats for MBY

Snowfall:

Temperatures:

On 8/5/2022 at 9:07 PM, SouthHillFrosty said:

Hey ppl. Does 1pm work for everyone? If so, lmk and I can get a head count going. The time is flexible. 

my address is 

28807 41st Avenue S Auburn, WA, 98001

Hey, should we do this another time later in the year?  Nobody responded with a yes😂😂😂😂

• scream 1

17 hours ago, SouthHillFrosty said:

Lmao so I am guessing we will have to postpone this WF meet up due to zero interest in a meet up. We'll have to try another time maybe in a more centrally located area.

For me I have to have a lot of notice.  I always have my basic plan of action set up for about two or three weeks out.  I could see myself going to an event like this given the right timing.

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Day with 1" or more snow depth = 1

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

1 minute ago, snow_wizard said:

For me I have to have a lot of notice.  I always have my basic plan of action set up for about two or three weeks out.  I could see myself going to an event like this given the right timing.

Wow... I barely know what I am doing today.   Let alone 3 weeks from now.  

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

10 minutes ago, TT-SEA said:

Wow... I barely know what I am doing today.   Let alone 3 weeks from now.  

Just a genral outline.  A certain number of things have to get done in a certain amount of time.

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Day with 1" or more snow depth = 1

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

Real talk, I would have attended if I hadn't had plans.

Weather stats for MBY

Snowfall:

Temperatures:

I think people would be more likely to attend if it were held at a neutral location like a bar.

People tend to be a little weary of strangers online requesting a meetup at their place. (Not that I had any worries!)

Weather stats for MBY

Snowfall:

Temperatures:

32 minutes ago, snow_wizard said:

Just a genral outline.  A certain number of things have to get done in a certain amount of time.

Can't imagine having that many tasks around the house that it has to be outlined weeks in advance.   The only thing we plan ahead is travel.   

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

On 8/9/2022 at 9:59 PM, SouthHillFrosty said:

Lmao so I am guessing we will have to postpone this WF meet up due to zero interest in a meet up. We'll have to try another time maybe in a more centrally located area.

I have plans unfortunately but I don't necessarily think your location is any problem. Kind of on the outer range of a reasonable driving distance for a day trip for me but I could make it work if my schedule allowed for it.

Chehalis/Centralia is probably about the most central area and I'm not sure how that would work. Could always do the Burgerville at exit 82!!

Edited by BLI snowman
  • Like 3
  • Excited 1

I would have been down for it if I was in town (bet you didn't know it, but I'm a poet).

I think your location isn't too bad though it would probably be too much of a haul for TWL, Andrew and the folks in the Spokane area unless they made a weekend of it.  I'm guessing the roads down from Stampede Pass are open so Phil should be able to make it. 

I wouldn't mind the drive as long as it was in the early to mid afternoon. 

• lol 1
  • Downvote 1

I met a few of the regulars on here (like Jesse) years ago at the Omsi winter meet up. Obviously I live too far away at this point but I would love to meet some more of you if the opportunity presents itself. I'll still be in Phoenix for a few more months before going east. 

• Like 3

Winter 23-24: Total Snow (3.2")    Total Ice (0.2")     Coldest Low: 1F     Coldest High: 5F

Snow Events: 0.1" Jan 5th, 0.2" Jan 9th, 1.6" Jan 14, 0.2" (ice) Jan 22, 1.3" Feb 12

20 minutes ago, Black Hole said:

I met a few of the regulars on here (like Jesse) years ago at the Omsi winter meet up. Obviously I live too far away at this point but I would love to meet some more of you if the opportunity presents itself. I'll still be in Phoenix for a few more months before going east. 

How far east you going?

9 hours ago, Black Hole said:

That was fun. I still remember touring the NWS office with you guys. Even met Mark Nelsen! Then about a year later Michael (MallowTheCloud) and I went for a “storm chase” out to the Gorge around the beginning of the December 2008 snow event. 

Kind of a cool era before the online PNW weather culture became so toxic.

• Like 1

Summer ☀️ grows while Winter ❄️  goes

12 hours ago, luminen said:

How far east you going?

About a 90% chance I'm going to Tulsa Oklahoma. Transferring to the NWS office over there. 

• Like 2

Winter 23-24: Total Snow (3.2")    Total Ice (0.2")     Coldest Low: 1F     Coldest High: 5F

Snow Events: 0.1" Jan 5th, 0.2" Jan 9th, 1.6" Jan 14, 0.2" (ice) Jan 22, 1.3" Feb 12

3 hours ago, Cascadia_Wx said:

That was fun. I still remember touring the NWS office with you guys. Even met Mark Nelsen! Then about a year later Michael (MallowTheCloud) and I went for a “storm chase” out to the Gorge around the beginning of the December 2008 snow event. 

Kind of a cool era before the online PNW weather culture became so toxic.

Agree completely! I always look back with fondness on the early days of the blog and this forum. Such good memories as a bunch of us life long weather weenies came together online for the first time, and with a lot of energy. 

• Like 2

• Guest unpinned this topic
  • 3 weeks later...

Perhaps we could plan a meetup like 6-12 months in advance. Kind of like a family reunion. Could even do a destination meetup. Rent out an entire floor of a hotel and bring bowling balls and have a hotel hallway bowling tournament. Bring the putters and golf balls for some hotel hallway putt putt golf. Bring the dominos for some hotel hallway domino action. Bring the hotwheel track and bring something to prop up the track to the ceiling for some hotel hallway hot wheel racing. Heck, bring the big wheels, i'm sure we could fit two wide for some hotel hallway big wheel drag racing.... Any other ideas? Bring the gas grills, we can set em up inside the rooms and leave all our doors open and pretend we're outside. Looking forward to this! DATE? LOCATION? 

• Like 4

On 9/22/2022 at 3:17 PM, Brennan said:

Perhaps we could plan a meetup like 6-12 months in advance. Kind of like a family reunion. Could even do a destination meetup. Rent out an entire floor of a hotel and bring bowling balls and have a hotel hallway bowling tournament. Bring the putters and golf balls for some hotel hallway putt putt golf. Bring the dominos for some hotel hallway domino action. Bring the hotwheel track and bring something to prop up the track to the ceiling for some hotel hallway hot wheel racing. Heck, bring the big wheels, i'm sure we could fit two wide for some hotel hallway big wheel drag racing.... Any other ideas? Bring the gas grills, we can set em up inside the rooms and leave all our doors open and pretend we're outside. Looking forward to this! DATE? LOCATION? 

I'll be there if Jesse, @OmahaSnowFan and@SnarkyGoblin are all there.

• lol 1

4 hours ago, OmahaSnowFan said:

Sounds like an amazing time. I’ll be watching the paint dry on my house though.

Don’t you have any real life friends that live by you? Nvm, dumb question.

Yes, I've got a few. One left California during to Newsom's dystopian COVID restrictions. My best friends from college still live in Orange. My co-workers say I'm a really nice guy, but I'm still afraid I could lose my job if I told anyone I voted for Trump.

• 11 months later...

Let’s start planning the “next” meetup. Last one was so great. We could just do a bar (the Local 907 in renton was great for @SouthHillFrosty and I and has some pool/arcade games) or we could ask @MR.SNOWMIZER to let us all camp at his place past tonasket or wherever. I’ll offer our place in twisp too we had about 30 people for a wedding there last year and it worked out well. Maybe Alta lake I haven’t been there but I’ve heard good things @Deweydog . Prob too far for the Oregon folx but 🤷‍♂️

Obviously there’s not going to be a get together because nobody will be able to reconcile their toxic online personalities with the decent human beings we are all in person but I figure I’d throw it out. Because wine etc etc. 

On 8/30/2023 at 9:18 PM, RentonHill said:

Let’s start planning the “next” meetup. Last one was so great. We could just do a bar (the Local 907 in renton was great for @SouthHillFrosty and I and has some pool/arcade games) or we could ask @MR.SNOWMIZER to let us all camp at his place past tonasket or wherever. I’ll offer our place in twisp too we had about 30 people for a wedding there last year and it worked out well. Maybe Alta lake I haven’t been there but I’ve heard good things @Deweydog . Prob too far for the Oregon folx but 🤷‍♂️

Obviously there’s not going to be a get together because nobody will be able to reconcile their toxic online personalities with the decent human beings we are all in person but I figure I’d throw it out. Because wine etc etc. 

Count me in for the next one! 

shots tequila GIF

• Thanks 1