Frazier River aqueduct

California aqueduct pipe flow at the Edmonton pumps is 450 cubic meters each second (33000+ gallons/sec) over the Tehacthape and down to SoCal. 450m cubed /second. The peak flow of the Frazier river in spring melt -late june early July -is 10,000 cubic meters per second. An aqueduct that took 10% of Frazier peak flow (1000 cubic meters a second) and routed it to the top of the Sacramento would be twice the California State Water flow over the Tehacthape. During the short period of maximum flow- perhaps an average of 45 days - the storage lakes of California could be charged. The soon to be new Sites reservoir could be filled annually.  Considering the high cost of water for California, Canada would like to sell water to California. Once the water starts flowing the price will drop and make aqueduct costs competitive with desalinaztion. Pumped hydro storage will be used to make operation more efficient. The Frazer river is the only alternate to Columbia river water and is studied only because the folks in the Columbia basin are absolutely adamant about not selling to California. Strange isn’t it how far apart Americans really are.

Frazierriverflow.png

19 hours ago, AquariusRadar said:

California aqueduct pipe flow at the Edmonton pumps is 450 cubic meters each second (33000+ gallons/sec) over the Tehacthape and down to SoCal. 450m cubed /second. The peak flow of the Frazier river in spring melt -late june early July -is 10,000 cubic meters per second. An aqueduct that took 10% of Frazier peak flow (1000 cubic meters a second) and routed it to the top of the Sacramento would be twice the California State Water flow over the Tehacthape. During the short period of maximum flow- perhaps an average of 45 days - the storage lakes of California could be charged. The soon to be new Sites reservoir could be filled annually.  Considering the high cost of water for California, Canada would like to sell water to California. Once the water starts flowing the price will drop and make aqueduct costs competitive with desalinaztion. Pumped hydro storage will be used to make operation more efficient. The Frazer river is the only alternate to Columbia river water and is studied only because the folks in the Columbia basin are absolutely adamant about not selling to California. Strange isn’t it how far apart Americans really are.

Frazierriverflow.png

1. It’s Fraser, not “Frazier.”
  2. Don’t assume that “Canada would like to sell water to California.”
  3. I would like to see some credible economic studies showing that “Once the water starts flowing the price will drop and make aqueduct costs competitive with desalinaztion.”
It's called clown range for a reason.

Rubis- thanks for that correction. Well I don't know if there are any economic studies that show competitive benchmarks for desalinization vs aqueduct. Would they be meaningful if there were? Both are extremely expensive. A tossup but why would that immediately disqualify an aqueduct? Yeah and Canada does sell the US lots of lumber, oil, hydroelectric power and a whole host of natural resources and manufactured products. Why would they not want to sell flood water? What's so precious about flood water?

California can deny the continuing drought- as many want to do. There are many examples of trouble ahead-example: Monterey, Mexico put off building aqueducts to rivers further south and now suffers no- that's a no- zero-running water for the majority of the 5 million people who live there. Phoenix and Las Angeles are just a few years away from similar circumstance. The Colorado river is not going to recover as a reliable water provider for LA and the desert southwest. So we can start digging now or die of thirst later on.

The "Fraser" river flood will continue as a reliable source for the foreseeable future. We sent man to the moon and so we can build aqueducts-expensive but not rocket science.

What IS the situation Re: desalination?  

I’m Concerned about water in Texas as California has decided that WE annoying Texans are the Promised Land now.

Our Edwards aquifer is dependent on the usual abundant rain in the Red River Valley.  But we ARE in a drought.  

I’ve seen this all my life. People move here. Try to change us to California and then leave when things get better back home. But not before they’ve harmed our economy  

We’ve been used as a weigh station till something “better” comes along instead of staying home and solving their problems.  I’m sick of it. 

Now Central America is moving here.  They soon move on to the California & Florida Ag market.  There’s just so much southern Tx valley work. 

The Cartels are moving north too and won’t stop at the Oklahoma border.  
We’ve sown the seeds to generations of problems. 

Nice work Biden. You were used by people with a ulterior motives in mind. 
Your an ambitious empty man and your nation will pay for it.  Tragic.  

Before You Diagnose Yourself With Depression or Low Self-Esteem,...First Make Sure You Are Not In Fact, Just Surrounded By A$$holes.

“If I owned Texas and Hell, I would rent out Texas and live in Hell.”  Gen. Sheridan 1866

2018 Rainfall - 62.65" High Temp. - 110.03* Low Temp. - 8.4*

3 hours ago, Andie said:

What IS the situation Re: desalination? 

Well I can tell you that a plant that was supposed to be built in the Los Angeles area got the axe due to "environmental" concerns:

https://www.cnn.com/2022/05/12/us/california-water-desalinization-vote-drought-climate/index.html

Our state is just not serious about climate change.  We will pay, and we deserve it.

No matter what they call it, climate change, drought, over population, etc., we should have plants on both coasts and the gulf.  Water quality pre desalination and waste water should be paramount. 
The oceans are in danger. Far too much pollution and plastics. 

I’ve always though we should have floating cleanup ships the size of carriers that take in contaminated ocean water and remove plastic.  
I co-built and operated a waste solvent plant for 10 yrs.  The processing of the ocean wouldn’t be that difficult.  And the plastics recycled.  
It’s just not that complicated.   
Thing is Congress doesn’t have the will even if others have the vision.  

• Like 1

Before You Diagnose Yourself With Depression or Low Self-Esteem,...First Make Sure You Are Not In Fact, Just Surrounded By A$$holes.

“If I owned Texas and Hell, I would rent out Texas and live in Hell.”  Gen. Sheridan 1866

2018 Rainfall - 62.65" High Temp. - 110.03* Low Temp. - 8.4*