Your guess for 12/28 snowiest town

ToastedRavs

Just thought I would start this separate from main thread. It's simple. By 6p.m. central time on 12/27, simply state the town you think will end up with highest snow total from the storm. Winner gets nothing but a big congratulations. If the correct town isn't guessed, then the person closest to that town (using MapQuest directions) wins. Good luck

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Decorah, ia

I like the way tom thinks...

I was 50/50 between Decorah or Rochester....I swear, I was about to pull the trigger on Decorah but something told me Rochester...first guess was Decorah...let's see if this is one of those things where I should have gone with the first choice.

Given the slight SE trend, I think a line from Des Moines to extreme SE Minnesota will get hit hardest.

I'll go with Waterloo.

Everett Snowfall (510 feet elevation)

Snow since February 2019: 91"

2023-24: 6"

2022-23: 17.5"

2021-22: 17.75"

2020-21: 14.5”

2019-20: 10.5"

2018-19: 24.75"

So far, the highest total I have seen is 14.6" in New London, WI.  Will wait until this evening to make sure no other reports come in.  If anyone has seen a higher report, please post a link or copy and paste the LSR report.  Certainly looks like NE Iowa into Central WI were the lucky winners!!

Missed this thread, doh! I think somewhere in NE WI won the jackpot. 14.6" is the highest total I saw too. Some pretty close tallies coming out of Manitowoc County.

Mercer Island, 350 ft

2021-2022: 11.6", 02/21

2020-2021: 15.6"

2019-2020: ~10"

2018-2019 winter snowfall total: 29.5"

2017-2018: 9.0", 2016-2017: 14.0"

La Crosse

Looks like @Money won the contest.  He hit the jackpot, money won the money (too bad there was none!)  But, congrats.  The only one to pick a spot in Wisconsin and the highest total was New London, WI---some 158 miles away but still good enough to be the winner!  CONGRATS.

P.S.  If anyone finds a different amount, please post.  Pretty sure that Money will win regardless, however.