Max 1 day snow: 3" (1/19)

Thunders: 16
1/27, 1/28, 2/10, 2/22, 2/27, 2/28, 3/5, 3/6, 3/14, 3/15
3/26, 3/30, 3/31, 4/2, 4/3, 4/8, 

Severe storms: 2

-------------------------------------------------------
[Klamath Falls, OR 2010 to 2021]
https://imgur.com/SuGTijl

Two records were for any August 13th was set yesterday. The official H/L at Grand Rapids of 62/56 set a new record for the coldest maximum for any August 13th the old record of 65 was set in 1902 and 1964. The official rain fall amount of 1.85” set a new rain fall amount for the date the old record of 1.85” was set in 1994. Here in MBY I recorded a total of 1.95” of rain fall for a very wet day. There was 0% of sunshine yesterday at Grand Rapids. While the high was 62 most of the day was in the upper 50’s. The over night low here in MBY was 56 and the current reading is 59 with cloudy skies. The record high for today is 96 set in 1944 and the record low of 41 was set in 1964.

• Like 2

Yesterdays high of 62 at Grand Rapids was not only the record coldest maximum for the date but it was one of the coldest maximus for any day in August! The coldest maximum for August is 59 set on August 26th 1987. It has only been 4 times since 1892 that it has been colder than 62 for the maximum on any August day. It was also the coldest high since May 22nd this year.

• Like 1
  • scream 2

16 hours ago, snow_wizard said:

Out of whack just like everything else.  Elsewhere over the Atlantic the atmosphere is so dry it's deader than a door nail.

It’s crazy out there.  Texas has been like Shake-n-Bake all D**n summer.  
Pass the Butter Please!

Before You Diagnose Yourself With Depression or Low Self-Esteem,...First Make Sure You Are Not In Fact, Just Surrounded By A$$holes.

“If I owned Texas and Hell, I would rent out Texas and live in Hell.”  Gen. Sheridan 1866

2018 Rainfall - 62.65" High Temp. - 110.03* Low Temp. - 8.4*

The 0z Euro and EPS still on track to deliver beneficial rains to eastern Nebraska and Missouri.  The GFS has joined the party for MO but continues to snub Neb but I don't buy it.  The Euro does have support from the Canadian and some other models.

qpf_acc-mean-imp.us_c.png

qpf_acc.us_c.png

Here is this mornings GFS, still greatly different from the Euro.

qpf_acc.us_c.png

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Andie said:

It’s crazy out there.  Texas has been like Shake-n-Bake all D**n summer.  
Pass the Butter Please!

I don't trust the GFS right now but it wants to bust the drought in Texas over the next 10 days.  I hope it's right but the Euro doesn't buy it.  Model wars over the summer lol!  Bothe the GEFS and EPS do agree on some precip the next 10 days.  The GFS does have support from the Canadian for this time period.

qpf_acc.us_sc.png

qpf_acc-mean-imp.us_sc.png

• Like 4
  • Storm 1

Not gonna lie, but its friggin' hot and humid out here and a bit hard to adjust to this airmass.  I washed the car yesterday on the driveway and my T-shirt was soaked and face was dripping in sweat.  It was in the low 100's and DP up in upper 60's.  I should have checked the exact DP but the theme here is the atmosphere is primed for Monsoon storm development.  It seems like it has been days and days of Flash Flood watch's out here in the SW.  I felt like @CentralNebWeatherwhen he comments on mowing his lawn outside drenched in sweat!

On the flip side, I'm seeing that back home the wx can't be any better with high's in the upper 70's, sunshine, NE Winds, low DP's...that sounds amazing right about now...TBH, one of the reasons why I was excited to come out here was to experience the fury of the Monsoon.  This entire week is primed for storm development, but esp later Fri and thru the weekend as a that Tropical energy that tracked into S TX will slowly migrate west towards N Mexico/N Baja.  This should be quite interesting.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Clinton said:

I don't trust the GFS right now but it wants to bust the drought in Texas over the next 10 days.  I hope it's right but the Euro doesn't buy it.  Model wars over the summer lol!  Bothe the GEFS and EPS do agree on some precip the next 10 days.

qpf_acc.us_sc.png

Regarding the bolded, doesn't it feel like this system looks like something we would have a storm thread for Snow in the Winter?  #TrackingTheClipper

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Tom said:

Not gonna lie, but its friggin' hot and humid out here and a bit hard to adjust to this airmass.  I washed the car yesterday on the driveway and my T-shirt was soaked and face was dripping in sweat.  It was in the low 100's and DP up in upper 60's.  I should have checked the exact DP but the theme here is the atmosphere is primed for Monsoon storm development.  It seems like it has been days and days of Flash Flood watch's out here in the SW.  I felt like @CentralNebWeatherwhen he comments on mowing his lawn outside drenched in sweat!

On the flip side, I'm seeing that back home the wx can't be any better with high's in the upper 70's, sunshine, NE Winds, low DP's...that sounds amazing right about now...TBH, one of the reasons why I was excited to come out here was to experience the fury of the Monsoon.  This entire week is primed for storm development, but esp later Fri and thru the weekend as a that Tropical energy that tracked into S TX will slowly migrate west towards N Mexico/N Baja.  This should be quite interesting.

Models indicating some big rains which will lead to big flooding out there, it should be very cool to witness that.  Are some places out there approaching record rainfall for the year?

2 minutes ago, Tom said:

Regarding the bolded, doesn't it feel like this system looks like something we would have a storm thread for Snow in the Winter?  #TrackingTheClipper

It sure does and it's a very unique set up for this time of year, very fall like.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Clinton said:

Models indicating some big rains which will lead to big flooding out there, it should be very cool to witness that.  Are some places out there approaching record rainfall for the year?

Yes, indeed...the set up for today is exactly what I've been yearning for as storms should develop up in the mountains to me East and track West into my area.  I'm hoping to capture some cool pics/vids later this afternoon once the storms start to bubble up.  Some local cities in the valley are exceeding 6" of rain thus far since the Monsoon began and we still have about 45 days left officially. 

Iirc, parts of Scottsdale are closing in on 7" of precip after the recent heavy rains a couple days ago.  I wouldn't be surprised if this years Monsoon season smashes records in the valley.  We just need a few storms to hit Sky Harbor so the official reading match's up with what has been happening across the valley.  The mountains have been inundated with storms, floods, erosion, etc...but on a positive note, the abundant moisture is a ripe pattern for Mushroom picking!  LOL, our family friends went to Flagstaff and picked a whole trunk full in 2 hours.  We plan on going this week to do some mushroom picking.  They are growing like weeds out here!

• Like 2

@Tom We’re presently at 79 and cloudy.  Our forecast looks like a repeat of clear and hot but we’re getting mixed signals.  Perhaps you’re right!?  Clouds and threat of rain sounds awesome.  
Today tomorrow hot and clear. 

F8EF57AB-5311-4966-9BAB-24D11517AC13.jpeg

• Like 1

Before You Diagnose Yourself With Depression or Low Self-Esteem,...First Make Sure You Are Not In Fact, Just Surrounded By A$$holes.

“If I owned Texas and Hell, I would rent out Texas and live in Hell.”  Gen. Sheridan 1866

19 minutes ago, Andie said:

@Tom We’re presently at 79 and cloudy.  Our forecast looks like a repeat of clear and hot but we’re getting mixed signals.  Perhaps you’re right!?  Clouds and threat of rain sounds awesome.  
Today tomorrow hot and clear. 

F8EF57AB-5311-4966-9BAB-24D11517AC13.jpeg

I would lean more towards an unsettled wx pattern for you later this week as a strong Summer CF crashes down south.  Get ready to enjoy this change and reap the rewards my friend!

• Like 2
  • Excited 1

EVERYONE is ready for a change in temps and atmosphere.   This has been a very long difficult summer.  
Imagine driving across Texas in summer with no a/c and you’ll have an idea how we feel.  Just beat down.  

Can’t wait for Fall!!! 🍁🍂🍂🍂🍂

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Andie said:

EVERYONE is ready for a change in temps and atmosphere.   This has been a very long difficult summer.  
Imagine driving across Texas in summer with no a/c and you’ll have an idea how we feel.  Just beat down.  

Can’t wait for Fall!!! 🍁🍂🍂🍂🍂

If we can make it 2 more days down here, my friend, we're in for a great change.

Its not the hurricane and cold front combo I envisioned, but seeing upper 80s to DFW is great news. 

Its the beginning....

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Tom said:

Not gonna lie, but its friggin' hot and humid out here and a bit hard to adjust to this airmass.  I washed the car yesterday on the driveway and my T-shirt was soaked and face was dripping in sweat.  It was in the low 100's and DP up in upper 60's.  I should have checked the exact DP

The highest DP reported in Phoenix yesterday was 71° with the 6 and 7 PM readings. Today so far it has been it the mid to upper 60's so yes it is very humid for that area.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Tom said:

I would lean more towards an unsettled wx pattern for you later this week as a strong Summer CF crashes down south.  Get ready to enjoy this change and reap the rewards my friend!

We’ll be thrilled to see lower 90’s and even a threat of rain!   
Out in Az you’re getting a bit of what my summer has been. 100’s and high humidity. Dangerous if you don’t know your limits and forget the required bottle of water! 
Stay safe.  

• Like 2

The unnamed? Gulf coast system is ashore and giving south Texas good rain. The thing is headed Northwest into the heart of Texas which will be good. When it will turn to the Northeast will determine if it interacts with the cold front. Good for drought areas but maybe bad for Ky and the Ohio valley if it hangs together that long.

• Like 3

My sympathies Clint!   
We could cook lobster on the grill without lighting it!  

We’ll have 101 today and 104 tomorrow.  Thursday a front moves through and the High will be a glorious  94 with a 30% chance of rain.  
That’s a change!  
Just need to hang in there Bud! 
check this out!

90481857-E97C-4335-9533-EF928708168B.jpeg

• Like 2

The official H/L yesterday at Grand Rapids was 72/56. Officially there was 0.06” of rain fall, here in MBY I recorded 0.03” of rain fall. There was only 2% of sunshine during a wet, cloudy and cool weekend. The overnight low here in MBY was 59 and at the current time with clear skies it is 61. The record high for today was 97 set in 1944 and the record of 42 was set in 1964. The week ahead looks to be nice with warm daytime temperatures and pleasant overnight lows. Next weekend may not be as nice with more clouds and a chance of some showers.

• Like 1

I read it felt almost Fall-like back home with cloudy skies and high temps in the upper 60's/low 70's near the lake.  Sign of things to come?  @OKwx2k4...'13-'14 vibes surely...

Screen Shot 2022-08-15 at 4.45.33 AM.png

To add to the Monsoon Flooding, esp up in the Flagstaff region where the burn scars are present, I drove down this particular HWY 89 later in the day on Friday.  It was closed earlier in the day from the torrential rains.  I did see all the debris that was cleared off the HWY on the side of the road.  There were huge logs, branches, etc all piled up and mud everywhere.

https://gcmaz.com/kaff-news/kaff_news/monsoon-flooding-closes-highway-89-sends-water-through-wupatki-trails-saturday/

• Like 3

What a beautiful forecast, I would be thrilled with 1 to 2 inches of rain from this system...

It was nice to wake up to the sweet sound of rain falling on the roof and thunder in the distance... only a few hundredths of rain so far in the rain gauge - however the trends are our friends. Bring it on Mother Nature! 

Screenshot 2022-08-15 084934.png

• Like 2
  • Excited 1

1 hour ago, Tom said:

I read it felt almost Fall-like back home with cloudy skies and high temps in the upper 60's/low 70's near the lake.  Sign of things to come?  @OKwx2k4...'13-'14 vibes surely...

Screen Shot 2022-08-15 at 4.45.33 AM.png

To add to the Monsoon Flooding, esp up in the Flagstaff region where the burn scars are present, I drove down this particular HWY 89 later in the day on Friday.  It was closed earlier in the day from the torrential rains.  I did see all the debris that was cleared off the HWY on the side of the road.  There were huge logs, branches, etc all piled up and mud everywhere.

https://gcmaz.com/kaff-news/kaff_news/monsoon-flooding-closes-highway-89-sends-water-through-wupatki-trails-saturday/

Crazy feel yesterday. Had to throw a sweatshirt on late afternoon. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, CentralNebWeather said:

No rain here for 17 days along with hot temperatures, has really put stress on crops and yards. Really hoping we can get rain Monday night. If we don’t, things look dry in the extended. Cooler temps starting Tuesday will be welcomed. 

Hope you guys can get in on at least some moisture from this system - we desperately need a true "share the wealth" type system across Nebraska and Iowa. 

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, Bryan1117 said:

Hope you guys can get in on at least some moisture from this system - we desperately need a true "share the wealth" type system across Nebraska and Iowa. 

Had a very brief shower this morning that moved through about 8:30 AM.  It was enough to wet the pavement.  

• Like 1
  • Rain 1

2 hours ago, james1976 said:

Cloudy and 70s again today. Lot of 70s in the grids now. Definitely enjoying this break from the heat. Hopefully the worst is over for this year.

a little early climo wise for me to post this - but here goes anyway. Looking well ahead, 90F+ sure seems not on the horizon and with a summer of over forecasting temps from both CPC and local NWS and most guidance, outside chance that last 90F+ temp has already occurred at KDSM. Mean is 9/6 for last 90F temp-- a full 3 weeks early would be a nice end to an over hyped summer -- at least here in the C. PLains.

• Like 3

The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

Things could get interesting around here this evening - it would be awesome if this band develops and sets up over the Omaha metro and points eastward like its being shown on the short-term models. 

I have picked up around 0.25" of much needed rainfall today - with plenty more to come it sounds like (fingers crossed)! 

discussion.png

• Like 2
  • Storm 2

Only hit 99 today.  So 2 more days forecast over 100 before the temps begin to drop for a bit.  Everyone’s excited.   

• Like 3

9 hours ago, CentralNebWeather said:

Had a very brief shower this morning that moved through about 8:30 AM.  It was enough to wet the pavement.  

Wish you could have gotten more, soil moisture is a big problem for your area and most of Nebraska.  Several strange things on this map, the lack of moisture around Chicago and of course Kentucky is flooding while North Carolina can't get a drop.

0d40d5_38753c4c9f634465b3621a7c9141b4cb~mv2.gif

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Grizzcoat said:

a little early climo wise for me to post this - but here goes anyway. Looking well ahead, 90F+ sure seems not on the horizon and with a summer of over forecasting temps from both CPC and local NWS and most guidance, outside chance that last 90F+ temp has already occurred at KDSM. Mean is 9/6 for last 90F temp-- a full 3 weeks early would be a nice end to an over hyped summer -- at least here in the C. PLains.

Hardly a summer up this way!

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, OmahaSnowFan said:

We’re getting nothing tonight, guarantee it. Going to stay 20-30 miles to far south.

69F509A4-0700-48D8-BB1B-63EC1DDE8F2E.jpeg

Of course this would happen, we just can't break this miserable cycle of weather here. I knew we were in trouble when the north winds started picking up over an hour ago. 

I guess I should be happy with the 0.30" of rain that fell on my backyard today. 

• Like 2