August 2022 PNW Observations and Discussion - 1956 Redux!1!!1!

3 minutes ago, Cloud said:

SEA’s down to 66…. Which is about the same for last couple nights as morning lows right before sunrise. Quite a plunge in the last hour or so. 

Impressive drop for sure.

• lol 1

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Day with 1" or more snow depth = 1

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

12 minutes ago, snow_wizard said:

Banned AC?  Yikes!  At least I have a portable unit that kept things from getting totally unbearable.  Still a nasty week though.

Yup. I don't really understand because their rationale was "it looks tacky", but the apartments themselves looked run down and tacky.

I don't envy anyone that didn't have AC this week. It was definitely needed.

35 minutes ago, smerfylicious said:

Yup. I don't really understand because their rationale was "it looks tacky", but the apartments themselves looked run down and tacky.

I don't envy anyone that didn't have AC this week. It was definitely needed.

Looking "tacky" is only part of the reason but typically, there is a bigger reason behind it. Was utilities included as part of the lease? If so, then there's your main reason. Landlords that pays the utilities bills don't want their tenants running a bunch of A/Cs that'll substantially add to the cost of utilities. 

@Phil There is a brisk NW wind blowing here in northern MN this morning under sunny skies and it will only get to the mid 70s today.    What's the deal?  Thought would we would all be dead from heat exhaustion by now.     Looks pretty nice this week.  👍

Screenshot_20220801-054604_Google.jpg

• Downvote 3

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

1 hour ago, TT-SEA said:

@Phil There is a brisk NW wind blowing here in northern MN this morning under sunny skies and it will only get to the mid 70s today.    What's the deal?  Thought would we would all be dead from heat exhaustion by now.     Looks pretty nice this week.  👍

Screenshot_20220801-054604_Google.jpg

Send some of that to FL please.

77 dewpoint and not the slightest breeze here this morning. Same crap I’ve been dealing with for 3+ weeks now.

Awesome midlevel cloudcover to greet me this morning. Also woke up to some damp roads and the smell of petrichor. Looks like I was nailed by one of those passing elevated showers. Always nice to get any rain this time of year so I'll take it.

• Like 5

Weather stats for MBY

Snowfall:

-Total snowfall since joining: 50.25"

-2018-19: 21"

-2019-20: 2.5"

-2020-21: 13"

-2021-22: 8.75"

-2022-23: 5.75"

-2023-24*: 0.25"

-Most recent snowfall: 0.25”; January 17th, 2024

-Largest snowfall (single storm): 8.5"; February 12-13, 2021

-Largest snow depth: 14"; 1:30am February 12th, 2019

Temperatures:

-Warmest: 109F; June 28th, 2021

-Coldest: 13F; December 27th, 2021

-Phreeze Count 2023-24: 31

6 hours ago, Deweydog said:

Omak at one point had a 104/12 spread which is insane up here. Even more bizarre considering some west side spots pretty much maxed out climo for dew point 36 hours earlier.

I want to experience that at some point. Must feel pretty surreal.

2 minutes ago, TT-SEA said:

That is fire weather.

Just for one afternoon. Have never experienced a dewpoint that low outside the dead of winter. The atmosphere is always oozing with water out here during the warm season.

13 minutes ago, Phil said:

77 dewpoint and not the slightest breeze here this morning. Same crap I’ve been dealing with for 3+ weeks now.

Did a coffee run this morning and was listening to the radio and the morning show people were talking about what a spectacular summer it's been here and how it's going to continue.   No mention of death ridges.   😀

• Like 2
  • Excited 1
  • Downvote 4

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Looks like we will be seeing another heatwave this upcomibg weekend.

And the beat goes on.

• Sad 4
  • Sick 1

Weather stats for MBY

Snowfall:

-Total snowfall since joining: 50.25"

-2018-19: 21"

-2019-20: 2.5"

-2020-21: 13"

-2021-22: 8.75"

-2022-23: 5.75"

-2023-24*: 0.25"

-Most recent snowfall: 0.25”; January 17th, 2024

-Largest snowfall (single storm): 8.5"; February 12-13, 2021

-Largest snow depth: 14"; 1:30am February 12th, 2019

Temperatures:

-Warmest: 109F; June 28th, 2021

-Coldest: 13F; December 27th, 2021

-Phreeze Count 2023-24: 31

@Phil Dewpoint in the low 50s this morning with a temp of 66.  Brrrrr!   It's called Gull Lake and the sea gulls make it sound like the ocean.   Water is really warm here too... like at home.   

20220801_091341.jpg

20220801_091453.jpg

20220801_091543.jpg

• Like 7
  • Downvote 6

37 minutes ago, Meatyorologist said:

And the beat goes on.

Basically no middle ground anymore between our bouts of troughing and our (longer) bouts of 90+. We had about a two day reprieve last time and looks like we're going to get about that again this week.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, BLI snowman said:

Basically no middle ground anymore between our bouts of troughing and our (longer) bouts of 90+. We had about a two day reprieve last time and looks like we're going to get about that again this week.

Pretty sure Chris was cheering for a no middle ground summer... either 60 degrees and drizzling or searing heat.   

• Downvote 5

1 hour ago, Phil said:

Move from the East coast already.  Jeez.  Been reading about your sh*tty East coast weather on our PNW thread for over a decade now.  Why are you still there and b*tching about it here?

🙄

• Like 5
  • lol 2
  • Troll 1

Hard to believe Jesse thought it was crazy to say an 11 degree drop in a little over an hour at SEA last night was impressive.  You need to chill out!

You come off as being a prick.

• Excited 1
  • lol 1
  • Popcorn 2
  • Downvote 1
  • Troll 1

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

53 minutes ago, Meatyorologist said:

And the beat goes on.

The ECMWF only showed one day reaching the upper 80s out of the next 10.  Granted that model can run low, but it hasn't been that bad lately.

• Weenie 3

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

2 minutes ago, snow_wizard said:

Hard to believe Jesse thought it was crazy to say an 11 degree drop in a little over an hour at SEA last night was impressive.  You need to chill out!

You come off as being a prick.

Don’t take this weather out on me dude. Why don’t you check your PM.

• Weenie 1

Summer ☀️ grows while Winter ❄️  goes

3 minutes ago, Cascadia_Wx said:

Don’t take this weather out on me dude. Why don’t you check your PM.

I will check.  Almost afraid to after that one.

Also...I think most people would call the 11 degree drop impressive.

• Weenie 2

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

7 hours ago, smerfylicious said:

My house was a consistent 68-70 degrees. I cooked up steaks and all sorts of goodies on my natural gas stove. Other than my basil looking very sad, and my 2 year old wanting to go outside...eh could've been worse. If I didn't have the ability to cool the house, or if I was still in my old apartment that banned AC...well that'd be another story

I never really understood people hating the heat (especially when it's relatively temporary) while having AC in their home.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1
  • Weenie 2

31 minutes ago, Randyc321 said:

Move from the East coast already.  Jeez.  Been reading about your sh*tty East coast weather on our PNW thread for over a decade now.  Why are you still there and b*tching about it here?

🙄

Because I have nowhere else to b*tch about it. This forum is therapeutic..I rely on it. :lol: 

• lol 1
  • scream 1

1 minute ago, SnarkyGoblin said:

I never really understood people hating the heat (especially when it's relatively temporary) while having AC in their home.

Some people work outside and like doing other things outside too. You can gear up for rain and cool weather, not a lot you can do when it’s blistering heat besides maybe swim.

• Like 8
  • Weenie 1

Summer ☀️ grows while Winter ❄️  goes

Just now, Cascadia_Wx said:

Some people work outside and like doing other things outside too. You can gear up for rain and cool weather, not a lot you can do when it’s blistering heat besides maybe swim.

Pretty much this. 

• Like 1