August 2022 PNW Observations and Discussion - 1956 Redux!1!!1!

1 hour ago, Cascadia_Wx said:

Nah, Mossman’s expectations for his little microclimate up there are almost entirely unreasonable during the warm season. Don’t overestimate him.

So dumb.   His expectations are totally in line with his climo.   So he has to love aspect of climo?   Or he can prefer the sunny, warm days in the summer?  Is that OK with you Jesse?  Is it really that hard to understand... particularly when 95% of the population probably agrees with his sentiment?  😀

• Like 1
  • Downvote 2
  • Weenie 9

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

4 minutes ago, TT-SEA said:

So dumb.   His expectations are totally in line with his climo.   So he has to love aspect of climo?   Or he can prefer the sunny, warm days in the summer?  Is that OK with you Jesse?  Is it really that hard to understand... particularly when 95% of the population probably agrees with his sentiment?  😀

I think we should ban Tim temporarily every time he is on vacation. Let him get some true relaxation in.

• Thanks 2
  • Excited 1
  • lol 3
  • Popcorn 1
  • Weenie 1

47 minutes ago, Cascadia_Wx said:

Definitely bemoaning the drizzle. It has to be 85 and sunny there all summer so the rest of the region can be 110 and on fire.

Randy is controlling the weather now?  

• Excited 1

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

2 minutes ago, FroYoBro said:

I think we should ban Tim temporarily every time he is on vacation. Let him get some true relaxation in.

I haven't been posting much at all.  But bathroom breaks are good time to check the weather and the forum.  

• Sick 1

2 minutes ago, hawkstwelve said:

Got a new family member yesterday! Her name is Daisy.

For inquiring minds, her weather preferences are hot but not too hot and cold but not too cold. She'll need some conditioning for the extremes we get here but she'll get there eventually! 😊

IMG_20220801_145715.jpg

Perfect girl!!!

Does she hate Tim?

• lol 7
  • Sick 1
  • Weenie 1

My preferences can beat up your preferences’ dad.

11 minutes ago, hawkstwelve said:

For inquiring minds, her weather preferences are hot but not too hot and cold but not too cold. She'll need some conditioning for the extremes we get here but she'll get there eventually! 😊

IMG_20220801_145715.jpg

She’s so cuuute!!🥰

• Like 2
  • Sick 1

Cold Season 2023/24:

Total snowfall: 26"

Highest daily snowfall: 5"

Deepest snow depth: 12"

Coldest daily high: -20ºF

Coldest daily low: -42ºF

Number of subzero days: 5

Personal Weather Station on Wunderground: 

https://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/dashboard?ID=KMTBOZEM152#history

23 minutes ago, Chewbacca Defense said:

Awesome!  Congrats! 

We added this gal to our household about a month ago.  Just got back from the vet for her 14 week check up and she is already almost 34 lbs at 14 weeks.  She is definitely NOT a fan of the heat.

IMG_3843.jpg

IMG_4755.jpg

1 hour ago, hawkstwelve said:

IMG_20220801_145715.jpg

So freaking adorable. Congrats to the new family members guys!! 😍

• Like 1
  • Sick 1

33 minutes ago, Chewbacca Defense said:

Awesome!  Congrats! 

We added this gal to our household about a month ago.  Just got back from the vet for her 14 week check up and she is already almost 34 lbs at 14 weeks.  She is definitely NOT a fan of the heat.

IMG_3843.jpg

IMG_4755.jpg

Cute and all but doesn’t hold a candle to my newest addition (nearly 2yrs ago now) 

7E5724E4-685A-48D9-819F-BA45900156B3.jpeg

• Like 1
  • lol 1
  • Sick 1
  • Downvote 1

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth! 

1 hour ago, Rubus Leucodermis said:

I’ve posted stoned from time to time.

I’ve posted drunk many times. It happens.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Phil said:

Tampa doesn’t cool down at night either.

Was 90/81 by 10:05AM. 🥵 

https://www.weather.gov/wrh/timeseries?site=KTPA&hours=72

The appeal of Florida is mostly lost on me. Endless stretches of miserable heat and humidity, and NO mountains or even decently-large hills for that matter. Maybe if I were a hardcore winter-hater (but I am not).

• Like 4
It's called clown range for a reason.

Been a good minute since I was on here, my summer work schedule has not allowed for much free time. Wanted to ask - is Weatherbell worth the price for someone like me? I've had it in the past but managed to not have to pay for it.

My Weather Station:  https://ambientweather.net/dashboard/b415ff35b2d13f00c899051028f04466 

Located in North Seattle, elevation ~150ft. Highest temperature ever recorded is 110.3, lowest is 14.5.

My Twitter

Just now, gusky said:

Been a good minute since I was on here, my summer work schedule has not allowed for much free time. Wanted to ask - is Weatherbell worth the price for someone like me? I've had it in the past but managed to not have to pay for it.

I pay for it on and off (right now: off). It can definitely be worth it in the winter when something exciting is brewing.

2 hours ago, hawkstwelve said:

IMG_20220801_145715.jpg

My last dog was named Daisy, so this makes me happy(/melancholy) to see the name being carried on 🙂 You found a good one!

My Weather Station:  https://ambientweather.net/dashboard/b415ff35b2d13f00c899051028f04466 

Located in North Seattle, elevation ~150ft. Highest temperature ever recorded is 110.3, lowest is 14.5.

My Twitter

1 minute ago, Rubus Leucodermis said:

I pay for it on and off (right now: off). It can definitely be worth it in the winter when something exciting is brewing.

Definitely, don't know what I would do without it in the winter. The monthly price just seems hard to justify paying for multiple months instead of getting yearly.

My Twitter

Just now, gusky said:

Definitely, don't know what I would do without it in the winter. The monthly price just seems hard to justify paying for multiple months instead of getting yearly.

With the number of months of access I end up buying, it is cheaper for me to pay by the month.

Just now, Rubus Leucodermis said:

With the number of months of access I end up buying, it is cheaper for me to pay by the month.

Yeah, I'll have to do some calculations and see which is best. I also just noticed they raised the price by $30! 

My Twitter

4 minutes ago, gusky said:

Yeah, I'll have to do some calculations and see which is best. I also just noticed they raised the price by $30! 

$30/month? Yikes! It's been a while since I logged on and paid for a month. If their prices recently increased by that much, it might be time to start checking out the competition.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rubus Leucodermis said:

$30/month? Yikes! It's been a while since I logged on and paid for a month. If their prices recently increased by that much, it might be time to start checking out the competition.

Never mind, $30/year, from $240 to $270. That is above the rate of inflation, but at the $27.99/mo they are charging I will probably still shell out for the months of interest. WB really does seem to have the most comprehensive set of products.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Rubus Leucodermis said:

The appeal of Florida is mostly lost on me. Endless stretches of miserable heat and humidity, and NO mountains or even decently-large hills for that matter. Maybe if I were a hardcore winter-hater (but I am not).

At least in Phoenix / lowland Arizona you can drive to winter snow or summer relief in 2 hours. Can’t do that in Florida or most of Texas.

• Like 1
  • lol 1

3 minutes ago, Rubus Leucodermis said:

Never mind, $30/year, from $240 to $270. That is above the rate of inflation, but at the $27.99/mo they are charging I will probably still shell out for the months of interest. WB really does seem to have the most comprehensive set of products.

I used to piece together a lot of the elements with free sites, but nothing can add up to what WB has

• Like 1

My Twitter