Ground Hog Day Blizzard/Snowstorm Part II

Geos

Well my final snow total is just shy of 13". Was very tough to measure though! Here are some pictures I snapped from today. I hope to have my video uploaded to you tube tomorrow, I have to do it at school since my internet at home isn't as fast. Notice the picture of the train, I happened to catch them coming thru town. I have to imagine the drifts out in the open country where pretty big!

Hastings NWS summary: http://www.weather.gov/gid/feb22016blizzard

OAX summary: http://www.weather.gov/oax/GrounhogDayStormWrap

GHblizzard16-2.jpg

GHblizzard16-4.jpg

GHblizzard16-8.jpg

GHblizzard16-3.jpg

GHblizzard16-1.jpg

GHblizzard16-5.jpg

GHblizzard16-7.jpg

GHblizzard16-6.jpg

• Like 5

Awesome looking drifts Gabel. The bedding seen in the snow reminds me of sand dunes.

Mercer Island, 350 ft

2021-2022: 11.6", 02/21

2020-2021: 15.6"

2019-2020: ~10"

2018-2019 winter snowfall total: 29.5"

2017-2018: 9.0", 2016-2017: 14.0"

Photos from the blizzard of 2016. We are having our 3rd snow day in a row tomorrow. I have taught here for 23 years and have never had more than 2 in a row, that is how big this storm was. The biggest problem was the massive drifts. Our school does not own the large equipment needed to move those so we had to hire contractors that do excavation and land leveling. One of the pictures is of a massive pile of snow that is at least 30 feet high. There are 6 of those piles of snow just around our high school that have to be loaded and trucked away tomorrow. They then have take care of our middle school and elementary. The plan now is we will have school on Friday.

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 2