January 2014 in the PNW

TT-SEA

Here is the 12Z ECMWF at 240 hours (posted on the other site as well):

http://www.ecmwf.int/products/forecasts/d/getchart/catalog/products/forecasts/medium/deterministic/msl_uv850_z500!Geopotential%20500%20hPa%20and%20Temperature%20at%20850%20hPa!240!North%20America!pop!od!oper!public_plots!2014011312!!chart.gif

The signal for retrogression appears to be very weak and not likely to have a meaningful impact for quite awhile in my opinion.

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

There is a 'like' button!   

That is awesome.

I know! I have gotten so used to Facebook that whenever I see a post I like on the forum my first instinct is to hit the non existant like button! This is awesome!

In other news, after the active and fun weather weekend, it looks quite dull for the forseeable future :(

It is a good time to slowly transition to this new site, though!

• Like 1

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth! 

By the way... I had the opportunity to change my user name just now and went with the same one by instinct.

I thought it might be hard if we all change our user names though.

I hate mine... it was thought of on the spur of the moment back in 2004 when I figured it was going to be people from all over the country so initials and location would be good.    

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

By the way... I had the opportunity to change my user name just now and went with the same one by instinct.

I thought it might be hard if we all change our user names though.

I hate mine... it was thought of on the spur of the moment back in 2004 when I figured it was going to be people from all over the country so initials and location would be good.    

If Dewey was dead I'd change mine, but he's still alive.  

My preferences can beat up your preferences’ dad.

Thought about adding my usual Seattle rain cartoon signature... which I decided was sort of annoying for everyone to have to see with every post.

Looks better if we keep it clean.

Someone needs to start a forecast thread for the upcoming inversion ridge to REALLY get this place rocking!

Trying to jinx us with that avatar??

Here is the 12Z ECMWF at 240 hours (posted on the other site as well):

The signal for retrogression appears to be very weak and not likely to have a meaningful impact for quite awhile in my opinion.

Oddball pattern. That rex block won't verify

It's not.  

Its another escaped polar vortex... the press should be notified! 

Good write up from Cliff on that topic:

http://cliffmass.blogspot.com/2014/01/the-polar-vortex-myth-and-reality.html

Its another escaped polar vortex... the press should be notified! 

Good write up from Cliff on that topic:

http://cliffmass.blogspot.com/2014/01/the-polar-vortex-myth-and-reality.html

17 days with heights never below 560dm.  That's not going to happen.

Or maybe it is.  

17 with heights never below 560dm.  That's not going to happen.

Or maybe it is.  

I can envision June now... heights never above 560dm.   

I just posted in the Long range thread an update for the CFS/Euro weeklies.  The ridge should start to migrate away by day 11-15.  The end of the month and early February still looks favorable.

I saw that.

I just posted in the Long Range Discussion an update for the CFS/Euro weeklies.  The ridge should start to migrate away by day 11-15.  The end of the month and early February still looks favorable.

Tracking the CFS is SO Western...

• Like 1