September 2022 Observations and Discussion

Tom

The last 2 weeks of SEP ended up a lot cooler over the GL's/MW than how we started off SEP...ORD ended up with a monthly temp departure of +1.1F as the overnight lows led to a higher mean.  Precip was just 1" BN (-0.99"), however, most of N IL did see a lot of rain.

image.png

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Tom said:

I put a reminder in my phone to test the Cicada Rule and a few of us on here heard them around July 8th (ish).  Well, let's put it to test bc if you take the 1st week of July as the start date that would make the 1st week of OCT as the First Frost.  Did any of you have Frost in IA this past week?  I know up in MN/WI it was common and there was spotty Frost the last couple nights in the far western burbs of N IL.

Tom, I had  mid 30s 4 straight  mornings. On thurs am i saw some definite killing frost  in some valleys  here in the Ottumwa  Iowa area..

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, OttumwaSnomow said:

Tom, I had  mid 30s 4 straight  mornings. On thurs am i saw some definite killing frost  in some valleys  here in the Ottumwa  Iowa area..

Wow, I didn't realize that it got that chilly this past week in IA.  Has biz picked up since the recent rains?  Hope all is well for you...enjoy the nice weather this weekend!

• Like 1

On 9/30/2022 at 11:03 AM, Tom said:

I put a reminder in my phone to test the Cicada Rule and a few of us on here heard them around July 8th (ish).  Well, let's put it to test bc if you take the 1st week of July as the start date that would make the 1st week of OCT as the First Frost.  Did any of you have Frost in IA this past week?  I know up in MN/WI it was common and there was spotty Frost the last couple nights in the far western burbs of N IL.

Yup I can't remember which day it was last week but Waterloo got down to 31.

• Like 2

• Tom unpinned this topic