15 minutes ago, SouthHillFrosty said:

The Mariners did it👉🏼👈🏼🥺

Watched the 9th inning in a packed bar in Pullman.   People were glued to every pitch and the place absolutely exploded on the homerun and everyone was hugging strangers.  It was one of the top sports moments I have experienced.    

• Like 6

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

6 minutes ago, TT-SEA said:

Watched the 9th inning in a packed bar in Pullman.   People were glued to every pitch and the place absolutely exploded on the homerun and everyone was hugging strangers.  It was one of the top sports moments I have experienced.    

Yeah it was insane the moment it happened. Haven’t been this hyped for Seattle sports since we came back and beat the packers in the NFC championship game. Sure we’re probably not going to be winning a World Series but it’s pretty cool that the droughts over. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, TT-SEA said:

I was watching the UW game since Dish Network refuses to pay for regional sports channels. Was quite the 4th quarter effort but they dug themselves too big a hole.

• Like 3

Springfield, Oregon regular season 2023-24 Stats:

• Coldest high: 25F (Jan 14, 2024)
  • Coldest low: 20F (Jan 14, 2024)
  • Days with below freezing temps: 24 (Most recent: Mar 8, 2024)
  • Days with sub-40F highs: 4 (Most recent: Jan 16, 2024)
  • Total snowfall: 0.0"
  • Total ice: 2.25”
  • Last accumulating snowfall on roads: Dec 27, 2021 (1.9")
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 15, 2024 (27F)
  • Last White Christmas: 1990
  • Significant wind events (gusts 45+): 0

Personal Stats:

• Last accumulating snowfall on roads: Dec 27, 2021
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 16, 2024 (32F)
  • Last White Christmas: 2008
  • Total snowfall since joining TheWeatherForums: 42.0"
  • Sub-freezing highs since joining TheWeatherForums: 4

Venmo

GoFundMe "College Basketball vs Epilepsy": gf.me/u/zk3pj2

My Twitter @CBBjerseys4hope

6 hours ago, Phil said:

I’m kind of afraid we’re blowing our load here in Sep/Oct, then come Nov/Dec things flip and I end up stuck under a giant ridge for 6 weeks.

According to Larry Cosgrove he is very hype up about the November through febuary potential sure hope he on to something he has been very good with forecasting as of late.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, weatherfan2012 said:

According to Larry Cosgrove he is very hype up about the November through febuary potential sure hope he on to something he has been very good with forecasting as of late.

For the pnw? Never heard of him before 

16 minutes ago, SouthHillFrosty said:

88-89? Seattle got 14 inches of snow that year… I would take that!

The snow was only part of that winter.  The cold was epic.  I had about 25 inches where I was living in Bothell.

• Like 1

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Day with 1" or more snow depth = 1

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

33 minutes ago, snow_wizard said:

I have to say this is kind of a dead ringer.

This plot is not dissimilar to the PNA

Yup. Best match to the modeled pattern in the post-WWII era.

29 minutes ago, TacomaWx said:

Yeah it was insane the moment it happened. Haven’t been this hyped for Seattle sports since we came back and beat the packers in the NFC championship game. Sure we’re probably not going to be winning a World Series but it’s pretty cool that the droughts over. 

Yeah... that NFC Championship game was another top moment.    And I don't expect them to get very far but the way it happened and ending a 20 year playoff drought in such dramatic fashion was storybook stuff.   I told my son we wanted the Orioles to win today to set it up and amazingly they did their part to against the Yankees.

• Like 2

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

1 minute ago, Phil said:

Yup. Best match to the modeled pattern in the post-WWII era.

It appears 1942 was kind of like that also, but as you say geopotential heights were lower back then so the anoms don't come out quite the same.

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

Feels like November right now. NE-wind roaring through the trees and rain hitting against the windows. Might not get out of the 50s until Tuesday.

Have never experienced this so early. I’m sure it’s happened many times in the past, but not this century. Unless there is a huge hole in my memory.

4 minutes ago, TT-SEA said:

Yeah... that NFC Championship game was another top moment.    And I don't expect them to get very far but the way it happened and ending a 20 year playoff drought in such dramatic fashion was storybook stuff.   I told my son we wanted the Orioles to win today to set it up and amazingly they did their part to against the Yankees.

1995 was incredible also.  I'll never forget that ride.

• Like 2

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

Just now, Phil said:

Feels like November right now. NE-wind roaring through the trees and rain hitting against the windows. 

Have never experienced this so early. I’m sure it’s happened many times in the past but not this century.

Maybe a regime shift.  That could mean our Januarys might come back.  Remains to be seen though.

• Excited 1
  • Weenie 1

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

4 minutes ago, snow_wizard said:

Maybe a regime shift.  That could mean our Januarys might come back.  Remains to be seen though.

Could be. Our torching in Sep (and Oct more recently) has been equally crazy to your torching in January.

Even noticing fall colors now. The last 3 years everything was deep green until the end of October. Definitely won’t be the case this year.

• Like 1

• Phil unpinned this topic
1 hour ago, TT-SEA said:

I couldn't believe I watched that NFC Championship game live at the time with my mouth agape, and now I couldn't believe I witnessed and experienced history firsthand when Cal rocketed that pitch on a 3-2 count. Absolutely magical fairytale stuff you see in the movies. I cried and I'll probably cry again tonight, haha. 😅

• Like 2

𝘐𝘯 𝘮𝘺 𝘳𝘦𝘴𝘵𝘭𝘦𝘴𝘴 𝘥𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘮𝘴,

𝘐 𝘴𝘦𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘵𝘰𝘸𝘯.

𝘗𝘶𝘺𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘶𝘱.

Reddit: HotlineMaestro

10 hours ago, snow_wizard said:

I'm just running out of ways to say how much this pattern blows.  It's so freeking stable that nothing seems to be able to break it.  At this point I'm thinking late October for the pattern to really flip to something different.  

Ease off on the coffee, Wiz.  Burn one.

• Like 1

On 9/30/2022 at 4:44 PM, snow_wizard said:

December has held its own and Feb is actually cooling.  Our winters aren't warming like our summers at this point.

I will say... February has been a bright spot since about 2011...

On the other hand, December hasn't really been that great. Last December was good, but the previous 3 were colossal duds. 

Snowfall                                  Precip

2022-23: 95.0"                      2022-23: 17.39"

2021-22: 52.6"                    2021-22: 91.46" 

2020-21: 12.0"                    2020-21: 71.59"

2019-20: 23.5"                   2019-20: 58.54"

2018-19: 63.5"                   2018-19: 66.33"

2017-18: 30.3"                   2017-18: 59.83"

2016-17: 49.2"                   2016-17: 97.58"

2015-16: 11.75"                 2015-16: 68.67"

2014-15: 3.5"
2013-14: 11.75"                  2013-14: 62.30
2012-13: 16.75"                 2012-13: 78.45  

2011-12: 98.5"                   2011-12: 92.67"

It's always sunny at Winters Hill! 
Fighting the good fight against weather evil.