31 minutes ago, Winterdog said:

Crazy.  I’m sitting at 62 here under thick smoke I doubt we hit 70 today

I was thinking about going to the lake and enjoying at least the warmth but the heavy smoke is keeping the temps so low that I am scratching that as well. Guess I will clean the house instead. 🤮 

Getting some watering in though.  

40A55121-6D24-4F2E-9D13-EC0B88EF44E6.jpeg

• Excited 1

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth! 

DP is at a ridiculous 23 here now.  My hygrometer isn't known to read low so I have no reason to doubt it.

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Day with 1" or more snow depth = 1

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

12 minutes ago, TacomaWx said:

Looks like back at home we hit 81 so far…30th time this year. Might be the max. 

The number of 80+ maxes has been pretty impressive.  I think the summer of 1861 takes the all time record for that, with nearly every day in July and August hitting 80 to 90 at Fort Steilacom.

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

My son won a drawing and gets to be in the coaches suite at Husky stadium today.  All the food and drinks they want.  Just him and he could invite 7 friends.   Sparse crowd because they are playing Portland State... but still fun.

Screenshot_20220910-131021_Snapchat.jpg

Screenshot_20220910-131256_Snapchat.jpg

• Like 3

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

1 minute ago, snow_wizard said:

The number of 80+ maxes has been pretty impressive.  I think the summer of 1861 takes the all time record for that, with nearly every day in July and August hitting 80 to 90 at Fort Steilacom.

The records from even 80 years ago are way over-exposed here.   Can't imagine it was any different 160 years ago.

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

47 minutes ago, Winterdog said:

Crazy.  I’m sitting at 62 here under thick smoke I doubt we hit 70 today

Impeccable timing with this almost certainly being the hottest day of the month for most places.  It could really improve your chances at a below normal month.

• Like 1

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

1 minute ago, TT-SEA said:

The records from even 80 years ago are way over-exposed here.   Can't imagine it was any different 160 years ago.

I have a period of 19 years for Fort Steilcom and the other summers looked pretty typical.  We had an extraordinary pattern that summer that led to an extraordinary fall (all time record flooding), and then an extraordinary winter.

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

1 minute ago, snow_wizard said:

I have a period of 19 years for Fort Steilcom and the other summers looked pretty typical.  We had an extraordinary pattern that summer that led to an extraordinary fall (all time record flooding), and then an extraordinary winter.

Cross-reference with any other stations?   Did Fort Vancouver have data back then?

4 minutes ago, Deweydog said:

Btw… arrived home this morning to this wind-driven carnage. Walter wasn’t pleased.

8690148C-5578-474B-9D1F-E7FAD9E70290.jpeg

Our patio umbrella got picked up by a random gust of wind... broken spokes now and its shot.   And while I was taking care of that my WSU son called and said he just backed into another car in the parking lot in Pullman and needed his insurance card.    But still feel lucky today!

• Sad 2
  • scream 1

3 minutes ago, TT-SEA said:

Our patio umbrella got picked up by a random gust of wind... broken spokes now and its shot.   While I was taking care of that my WSU son called and said he just backed into another car in the parking lot in Pullman and needed his insurance card.    But still feel lucky today.

image.gif

• Excited 1
  • scream 1

My preferences can beat up your preferences’ dad.

Just now, ChrisAmunRA said:

88° at SEA getting close to 90° 

Was just going to mention that... and smoke plume to the south is still a couple hours off.   Just might do it.  

Unfortunately it appears that once the smoke gets to Seattle it will be here for the rest of the weekend.  That fire in OR is just endlessly pumping more smoke into the system.  That thing looks like a beast.

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

2 minutes ago, ShawniganLake said:

Got “cloudy” here real quick.  It’s that nice flat grey you want to see. Could snow soon. 

You can see the trajectory of the smoke plume becoming more southerly (from the south) as opposed to the straight from the east scenario earlier.

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

4 minutes ago, snow_wizard said:

Unfortunately it appears that once the smoke gets to Seattle it will be here for the rest of the weekend.  That fire in OR is just endlessly pumping more smoke into the system.  That thing looks like a beast.

Tomorrow might not be real good... but the HRRR insists that the smoke is basically gone by Monday morning both at the surface and aloft.