East/Gulf Coast Weather 2016

Phil

High of 93/68 here this afternoon, saved by a wave of midday cloud cover. Tolerable relative to Wednesday/Thursday.

92, feels like 103

Humidity 58%

Dewpont 75

Monster storm plowed through Dallas this morning. High winds damaged trees. It hit at rush hour and the highways were a snarl.

Odd to be in Ft. Worth with overcast skies and a cool breeze off the back of that storm while Dallas got hammered.

So weird this summer. No rhyme or reason to it a storms are dipping further south than normal. Usually the jet stream stops this and gulf air pushes up from the south. My area usually sits in this hot no man's land in the summer. Instead, were participating in the action.

Before You Diagnose Yourself With Depression or Low Self-Esteem,...First Make Sure You Are Not In Fact, Just Surrounded By A$$holes.

“If I owned Texas and Hell, I would rent out Texas and live in Hell.”  Gen. Sheridan 1866

2018 Rainfall - 62.65" High Temp. - 110.03* Low Temp. - 8.4*

Beautiful morning here, not even that humid. Currently 72/69 with a light fog.

Looks like another 95+ afternoon incoming, though. Going to be brutal on the jobsite today, I'll be lifting/laying granite pavers until 5pm.

And here I thought you were a desk jockey, surrounded by a/c and several computer screens.

Sorry 'bout that.......my bad.

Before You Diagnose Yourself With Depression or Low Self-Esteem,...First Make Sure You Are Not In Fact, Just Surrounded By A$$holes.

“If I owned Texas and Hell, I would rent out Texas and live in Hell.”  Gen. Sheridan 1866

And here I thought you were a desk jockey, surrounded by a/c and several computer screens.

Sorry 'bout that.......my bad.

Lol, some day in the future.

Hotter than I expected today, currently 96/68, H/I 101.

Severe thunderstorm warnings out to the west. Maybe we can pull off a miracle. :lol:

Wow, nice Phil!

Thanks man. Storm itself was rather tame as it weakened dramatically before it got here, just heavy rain w/ ~30mph winds locally. Got a much needed soaking, though, around 0.75" I'm guessing. Will check the gauges later.

Really loving those crystal clear graphics. Are you using your phone to record or a Camera?

Using an IPhone, actually. Sucks because it dampened the sound of the thunder, in reality it was much louder than depicted.

• Like 1

Humidity lower today, currently 94/66, H/I 96. Tomorrow looks to reach the upper 90s with slightly higher humidity.

Humidity spiking as I prepare for an evening run, 83/71.

Both the ECMWF and GFS have a heatwave unfolding this weekend, GFS has ~105 degrees Saturday, while the ECMWF had 106 degrees. The ECMWF is particularly humid, with dewpoints in the upper 70s/low 80s.

• Like 1

We're all around the 100* marker. Heat index higher. Our humidity is at 73-75% and must seem like a lovely day to you Phil.

Love the thunderhead photo and lightning strike ( with appropriate exclamation). Stay safe out there. That's just way too close.

I've experienced that and you smell the ozone and the hair rises on your arms. It hits so fast you don't have time to think about dying. So, be careful.

• Like 1

We're all around the 100* marker. Heat index higher. Our humidity is at 73-75% and must seem like a lovely day to you Phil.

Love the thunderhead photo and lightning strike ( with appropriate exclamation). Stay safe out there. That's just way too close.

I've experienced that and you smell the ozone and the hair rises on your arms. It hits so fast you don't have time to think about dying. So, be careful.

Thanks, haha. I found out it struck my next door neighbor's chimney, exploded a bunch of the bricks and left black streaks down to the ground.

Hot day here, 97/73 H/I 107. Looks like DCA is a bit cooler with the river wind, 94/72 H/I 103.

Hopefully that outflow boundary doesn't choke off the Winchester cell that's moving this way. Hoping the storm a few days ago signaled a shift in our luck.

First windy thunderstorm of the summer. Hit ~ 50mph here, probably higher to the S/W. Black locust tree lost a limb.

• Like 1

Our neighbor 1 block away was hit and burned to the ground. It hit the Sat. Dish & down to the breaker box.

This has been an incredibly electrical year. Any explaination as to why ?

• Like 1

Gusted to 65 mph earlier! Impressive storm, numerous trees and power lines down around the area. One killed.

Wow. Glad you're safe, man.

Was about to say, am surprised at how many people were injured/killed by falling trees today. Over six tree related injuries in the DC area alone.

• Like 1

Wow. Glad you're safe, man.

Was about to say, am surprised at how many people were injured/killed by falling trees today. Over six tree related injuries in the DC area alone.

Was trying to get some pics. Decided it wasn't worth it, safety first !

Rob

Elev : 211'

2015-2016 : 31"

Was trying to get some pics. Decided it wasn't worth it, safety first !

I got some video, but also went inside as once visibly dropped to 50ft, lol.

• Like 1

Nice day by July standards, 90/65 here. Tomorrow looks even nicer with highs in the upper 80s/dewpoints around 60, about as nice as it gets here in mid/late July.

The blast furnace ignites this weekend. Could have several 100+ days.

• Like 1

Just came back from myrtle beach vacation this afternoon.over all a nice 10 days but did get storms just about every night there there was one really good lighting display over the ocean one night.p.s where did these storms come from here tonight line exploded over parts of our reagion I see.was it really expecting that.

• Like 1

Reports of 70+mph winds + quarter sized hail in DC. We hit ~40mph here, lots of lightning but no super close strikes and no hail that I could see.

Should see some legitimate damage pictures out of DC tomorrow.

• Like 1

Just came back from myrtle beach vacation this afternoon.over all a nice 10 days but did get storms just about every night there there was one really good lighting display over the ocean one night.p.s where did these storms come from here tonight line exploded over parts of our reagion I see.was it really expecting that.

Welcome back!

Rob

Elev : 211'

2015-2016 : 31"