The "Dewey's Second Chance" Post Tax-Day Scorchin' April Nicewave Contest! ~ Part Deux (y)

Jesse

Can you remove that ugly thing? I actually think it's kind of fun having forecast contests here.

Having a couple a month would be a good way to get people engaged IMO. The weather doesn't even need to be doing anything particularly spectacular to warrant one. Sometimes "dull" periods without a lot of forcing one way or the other can be some of the most difficult to forecast.

I think I'll participate in this one.  Warm anoms will be hard to come by later in the year. 

• Like 2

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Day with 1" or more snow depth = 1

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

Can you remove that ugly thing? I actually think it's kind of fun having forecast contests here.

Having a couple a month would be a good way to get people engaged IMO. The weather doesn't even need to be doing anything particularly spectacular to warrant one. Sometimes "dull" periods without a lot of forcing one way or the other can be some of the most difficult to forecast.

People here don't do it for a living. They do it when they enjoy it.

Aside from an unusual bevy of Jesse/Tim pre-summer anxiety, it's a typical mid spring on the forum.

My preferences can beat up your preferences’ dad.

People here don't do it for a living. They do it when they enjoy it.

Aside from an unusual bevy of Jesse/Tim pre-summer anxiety, it's a typical mid spring on the forum.

Tim has been bouncing off the walls with pre-summer anxiousness. It's almost palpable. Like I said, I just survived our two warmest on record. Another one wouldn't be a lot of skin off my nose. He has way more to lose in this situation, with couple year dynasty of yuppie friendly summers potentially coming to an end. Fun stuff!

Tim has been bouncing off the walls with pre-summer anxiousness. It's almost palpable. Like I said, I just survived our two warmest on record. Another one wouldn't be a lot of skin off my nose. He has way more to lose in this situation, with couple year dynasty of yuppie friendly summers potentially coming to an end. Fun stuff!

Cool dude stuff.

You gonna make a forecast yet? Put up or shut up.

I'm gonna have a superdelegate represent me. I told him to just avoid being off by eight degrees for the two warmest days and we'll be skookum.

Any early no way proclamations?

Ahhh Jesse.... this kind of post just proves your anxiety.     Sort of silly really, and factually incorrect.   But you need a person to blame for the last 2 summers since nature does not listen... so Matt and I have been your targets.   

For the record once again... every summer since we moved here has been nice with the exception of 2010 and the first part of 2011.    You try to paint a picture that it must be 97 degrees with trees dying for me to be happy with summer.     Just your anxiety of course.   ;)

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Ahhh Jesse.... this kind of post just proves your anxiety. Sort of silly really, and factually incorrect. But you need a person to blame for the last 2 summers since nature does not listen... so Matt and I have been your targets.

For the record once again... every summer since we moved here has been nice with the exception of 2010 and the first part of 2011. You try to paint a picture that it must be 97 degrees with trees dying for me to be happy with summer. Just your anxiety of course. ;)

Alright, well then it must be your anxiety trying to paint a picture that I need it to be 55 with drizzle all summer to be happy. :) That is also totally inaccurate.

In reality there are probably a lot of Summers we'd both like.

Anyway, this is a forecast thread. I'd like to try to keep the bickering to a minimum here.

Alright, well then it must be your anxiety trying to paint a picture that I need it to be 55 with drizzle all summer to be happy. :) That is also totally inaccurate.

In reality there are probably a lot of Summers we'd both like.

Anyway, this is a forecast thread. I'd like to try to keep the bickering to a minimum here.

Fair enough... but you launched into it last night. :)

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Fair enough... but you launched into it last night. :)

Our resident Hockinson sociopath was more to blame. For some reason he felt the need to put us both down in a response to a post where I was simply calling for more contests to get the community more engaged.

Our resident Hockinson sociopath was more to blame. For some reason he felt the need to put us both down in a response to a post where I was simply calling for more contests to get the conmbtiy more engaged.

We need to blame Matt more often!

You and dewey should get engaged.

• Like 1

Highs and Lows

PDX and/or SEA

Friday April 15th through Tuesday April 19th

Entries due by midnight Friday

Midnight Thursday night?   

I will be able to nail Friday if you give us until midnight on Friday night!  

Not that Friday should even be in the contest since it will not be a warm day.

Alright posers, I'll be the first one to put up.

PDX:

4/15: 64/42 (This is neither post tax day nor scorching)

4/16: 71/45

4/17: 80/52

4/18: 83/54

4/19: 73/53

SEA:

4/15: 62/43

4/16: 66/45

4/17: 73/51

4/18: 77/55

4/19: 68/54

Thanks for getting the ball rolling.

Obviously the scorching part comes post 4/15. I included Friday because I think it's fun to get a mix of types of days in contests. Gives people a chance to flex their cool anomaly AND warm anomaly forecasting skills.

Thanks for getting the ball rolling.

Obviously the scorching part comes post 4/15. I included Friday because I think it's fun to get a mix of types of days in contests. Gives people a chance to flex their cool anomaly AND warm anomaly forecasting skills.

None of it looks "scorching".

Our resident Hockinson sociopath was more to blame. For some reason he felt the need to put us both down in a response to a post where I was simply calling for more contests to get the community more engaged.

Victim Jesse crawls out and makes another appearance!

You've been riding Tim like a BMX bike this spring. Own it.

Victim Jesse crawls out and makes another appearance!

You've been riding Tim like a BMX bike this spring. Own it.

I think the amount of respective riding has been pretty equitable. Must be one of those BMX bikes that rides another BMX bikes while the first BMX bike is riding it. Only in Portland...

• Like 1

I think we should do forecasting contests more frequently. Would be fun to do one for each month/week or something regular like that.

• Like 1

PDX:

61/46

71/43

81/47

85/53

57/27 (midnight high)

If only! .....

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Day with 1" or more snow depth = 1