The "Dewey's Second Chance" Post Tax-Day Scorchin' April Nicewave Contest! ~ Part Deux (y)

Jesse

That is the case here sometimes too. But if they appear on the six hour summary, that means they made the grade.

That's why I waited until 11am PST to post official numbers. That is when the 6-hour MIN/MAX is reported.

Yeah, either I'm having a memory issue or the measurement procedure(s) have changed since I started school.

Thanks for the clarification.

• Like 1

So, barring a post-5pm high or excellent radiative cooling before midnight, it looks like SEA ends with 59/47, and PDX ends with a 61/42.

SEA just went clear as of the 5pm ob...can a station surrounded by concrete in a marine climate radiate 13 degrees in under 7hrs? :lol:

So, barring a post-5pm high or excellent radiative cooling before midnight, it looks like SEA ends with 59/47, and PDX ends with a 61/42.

SEA just went clear as of the 5pm ob...can a station surrounded by concrete in a marine climate radiate 13 degrees in under 7hrs? :lol:

Lots of high clouds still... going to stay mild. Went up 1 degree at 6 pm observation.

PDX is still at 61 so they might sneak in a 62 high when the final numbers are in.

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Ranking Tonight:

Jesse - 1 point

Shawnigan - 1.5 points

Dewey - 2 points

Bainbridge - 2.5 points

Phil - 2.5 points

James Jones - 3 points

Mark Nelsen - 3 points

Flatiron - 3.5 points

Justin - 3.5 points

Tim - 3.5 points

It's any man's game!

Ranking Tonight:

Jesse - 1 point

Shawnigan - 1.5 points

Dewey - 2 points

Bainbridge - 2.5 points

Phil - 2.5 points

James Jones - 3 points

Mark Nelsen - 3 points

Flatiron - 3.5 points

Justin - 3.5 points

Tim - 3.5 points

It's any man's game!

So low score wins?     

Tuesday is going to be warm.   Going to be some big points taken that day.

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Pretty happy with my 75 for Tuesday. Even though it will likely be too low, it is comparable with other forecasts... and it beats your 70. B)

It's middling. Not gonna cut it when it's pretty clear things were either gonna swing warmer or colder for Tuesday. Bold moves. Moxy. Nelsen.

My preferences can beat up your preferences’ dad.

Sometimes it pays to let your bias to the talking.

And sometimes it doesn't. As exemplified by your twin 70s at the end of the last one. Would sure have been a nice weekend though! Then you tried to swing too hard the other way to overcompensate this time around, and are gonna get burned again. Cruel world...

Ranking Tonight:

Jesse - 1 point

Shawnigan - 1.5 points

Dewey - 2 points

Bainbridge - 2.5 points

Phil - 2.5 points

James Jones - 3 points

Mark Nelsen - 3 points

Flatiron - 3.5 points

Justin - 3.5 points

Tim - 3.5 points

It's any man's game!

Maybe a Seattle winner, Pdx winner, and overall winner would be an idea. Or maybe it's too much work?

And sometimes it doesn't. As exemplified by your twin 70s at the end of the last one. Would sure have been a nice weekend though! Then you tried to swing too hard the other way to overcompensate this time around, and are gonna get burned again. Cruel world...

It was a nice weekend, by April standards.

My preferences can beat up your preferences’ dad.

Glad I decided to go warm on Tuesday, at least as of now. That front keeps getting pushed back.

It's that time of year where full-latitude troughs modeled at d7 will often morph into cutoff lows by d3. Wave shortening and jet retraction ftmfw.

Looks like I'm too late to make a forecast for this.  It appears it will be similar to the last warm spell though.

It dropped to 36 here this morning.

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Day with 1" or more snow depth = 1

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

Looks like I'm too late to make a forecast for this. It appears it will be similar to the last warm spell though.

It dropped to 36 here this morning.

Looks like it will last longer this time.

Not hard to imagine PDX being close to 40 Saturday morning. We probably all went too high.

Good call man. You seem to know PDX inside and out.

To me, it's interesting how, on the mesoscale level, both cloud-cover and winds seem to behave so much more erratically out there versus here. I was looking at detailed regional observations last night, and I guess there are crapload of microclimates within the near-metro areas of both SEA/PDX, more than I'd have ever guessed. I ended up spending like 2hrs researching the climates of 100+ cities on the westside. I'm somewhat sleep deprived today lol.

When it comes to overnight lows here, all we have to worry about is who decouples and when, and how far east the evening bay breeze front stalls (during the warm season). It's a much easier task, comparatively speaking.

• Like 1

To me, it's interesting how, on the mesoscale level, both cloud-cover and winds seem to behave so much more erratically out there versus here. I was looking at detailed regional observations last night, and I guess there are crapload of microclimates within the near-metro areas of both SEA/PDX, more than I'd have ever guessed. I ended up spending like 2hrs researching the climates of 100+ cities on the westside. I'm somewhat sleep deprived today lol.

When it comes to overnight lows here, all we have to worry about is who decouples and when, and how far east the evening bay breeze front stalls (during the warm season). It's a much easier task, comparatively speaking.

Mountains and ocean in play here... lots of microclimates.

Thanks!

Welcome to forecasting in the west. Microclimates for days. Varied topography, large mountains running parallel to the ocean, river gorges cutting through said mountains, etc will do that. Makes it pretty fascinating, though.

• Like 1