October 2022 PNW weather Discussion. + Ultimate Leg Reveal Extravaganza

TacomaWx

Through the first half of October, Portland is running 3.3 degrees warmer than the average June, 2.4 degrees warmer than the average September, 2.3 degrees cooler than the average July, and 2.6 degrees cooler than the average August.

Our weather this month has been closer to a normal July than any other month. Drier than a normal July to this point too.Ā 

• Like 1
  • Sick 2
  • Downvote 1

37 minutes ago, Joshua Lake Oswego said:

Through the first half of October, Portland is running 3.3 degrees warmer than the average June, 2.4 degrees warmer than the average September, 2.3 degrees cooler than the average July, and 2.6 degrees cooler than the average August.

Our weather this month has been closer to a normal July than any other month. Drier than a normal July to this point too.Ā 

Dude. More espresso, less depresso.

Grab a coffee and chill.

Your posts are always such a buzz kill.

Maybe you can ease up on some of the doom and gloom? Just a little?

I mean geesh.... we're drowning here and you're describing the water.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 4
  • Weenie 2

Before the deep troughing descends on the PNW... just look at that cold trough over the Midwest and NE.Ā  Ā Forecast for Minneapolis tomorrow is 34/24 which is seriously impressive for the middle of October.Ā  Ā  Ā Some extreme 500mb patterns for the last few months and we are about to see the flip side too.

Ā 

gfs-deterministic-namer-z500_anom-6072800.png

• Like 5

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

17 minutes ago, rsktkr said:

Dude. More espresso, less depresso.

Grab a coffee and chill.

Your posts are always such a buzz kill.

Maybe you can ease up on some of the doom and gloom? Just a little?

I mean geesh.... we're drowning here and you're describing the water.

Facts are facts, my friend. I find them interesting. I donā€™t have an agenda. I post wishcasting maps and other stuff too. Hard not to be pessimistic and frustrated based after the past 4 months. I see a light at the end of the tunnel finally. Peace

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, TT-SEA said:

Before the deep troughing descends on the PNW... just look at that cold trough over the Midwest and NE.Ā  Ā Forecast for Minneapolis tomorrow is 34/24 which is seriously impressive for the middle of October.Ā  Ā  Ā Some extreme 500mb patterns for the last few months and we are about to see the flip side too.

Ā 

Lot of winter storm warnings in the UP too for heavy blowing snow, looks like up to 8-10" in some places

Wow... you can see that new fire south of Hwy 2 just exploding this morning from the Space Needle cam.Ā  Ā Just noticed that we can also the the top of the smoke plume from here looking behind Mt. Si.

Screenshot_20221016-085504_Chrome.jpg

• Sad 2
  • Angry 1
  • scream 1
  • Sick 2

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

4 minutes ago, TT-SEA said:

Ā 

Ā 

This month has been very similar to October 1952. MSP had a 32/23 day on 10/16/1952.

Ā 

• Like 2
  • Sick 2

25 minutes ago, Eujunga said:

What he posts provides an excellent perspective on just how absurd this historic period of heat and drought has been. I for one find the posts to be instructive and valuable. If you don't like them, simply move on or block him. Trying to control someone else's behavior to suit your preferences rarely works out well for anyone.

I think thereā€™s been a couple times heā€™s been a bit too dramatic (This spring) but heā€™s been pretty correct recently. The drought and warmth has been beyond what I thought was possible for this late in the year after a very dry/warm summer.Ā 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, TT-SEA said:

Someone just post this pic on the NB Facebook page... from downtown North Bend.

Screenshot_20221016-090910_Facebook.jpg

Not good.Ā 

• Sick 2

Elevation 580ā€™ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth!Ā 

This morning's low was an absurd 73 degrees here.Ā  I'm thinking a midnight low tonight!

• scream 3
  • Sick 6

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Ā 

Winter 2023-24 stats

Ā 

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Day with 1" or more snow depth = 1

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

Ā 

6 minutes ago, Doiinko said:

I think Tigard is more in line with the Gorge so it's keeping the wind? Here we get the wind downsloping off of the west hills as well.

Not really, since I actually live very close to Lake O. It also doesnā€™t explain why pdx is cooler and that is much closer to the gorge. Not sure. Didnā€™t expect to be so warm this morning.Ā 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, TT-SEA said:

Someone just post this pic on the NB Facebook page... from downtown North Bend.

Screenshot_20221016-090910_Facebook.jpg

OMG.

• Sick 2

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Ā 

Winter 2023-24 stats

Ā 

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

Ā 

Totally bizarre seeing low clouds moving inland while east winds are still blowing here.Ā  This pattern is beyond belief.

wxloop vis1km_color 12 (washington.edu)

• Sick 2

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Ā 

Winter 2023-24 stats

Ā 

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

Ā 

39 minutes ago, Eujunga said:

What he posts provides an excellent perspective on just how absurd this historic period of heat and drought has been. I for one find the posts to be instructive and valuable. If you don't like them, simply move on or block him. Trying to control someone else's behavior to suit your preferences rarely works out well for anyone.

As you try to control my behavior to suit your preferences.Ā 

• Downvote 3
  • Weenie 1

Uh already 72 at KSEA... How high will the mercury go?

• scream 1
  • Sick 1

2022-23 Winter:

11/29: .25" + 1" = 1.25" | 11/30: .25"

12/2: .2" + .5" = .7" | 12/3: .2" | 12/4: trace

12/18: .4" | 12/19: .2" + .8" = 1.0" | 12/20: .2 + 1.5" = 1.7

1/31: trace | 2/14: trace | 2/22: .2 | 2/26: 1.0"

Total: 6.7"

6 minutes ago, snow_wizard said:

OMG.

Smoke plume is moving straight north per satellite... good news for North Bend.Ā  Ā  Ā But it just exploded this morning.

CODNEXLAB-GOES-West-subregional-Pac_NW-02-16_26Z-20221016_map_-19-1n-10-100.gif

• Sick 3

2 minutes ago, SnowWillarrive said:

Is that another fire?Ā 

Per satellite... it started a couple days ago south of the Bolt Creek fire.Ā  Ā But it has grown fast.Ā  Ā The Bolt Creek fire is just a smoldering mess.Ā  Ā This new fire is in the explosive stage similar to the Bolt Creek fire a month ago.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3
  • scream 1
  • Sick 1