October 2022 PNW weather Discussion. + Ultimate Leg Reveal Extravaganza

TacomaWx

11 minutes ago, Omegaraptor said:

Very difficult to open the ski resorts before about 11/15-11/20 in any year. Unfortunately this ain’t Colorado.

It’s uncommon, but early November does happen from time to time for places like Baker and Crystal. Crystal even soft-opened one year for a single day on October 1.

Stevens and Snoqualmie tend to wait. 

Either way, these forecasts are just projections on a map. We’ll have to see how the forecast plays out first. 

• Like 5

Wow 12z GFS is too legit to quit. 

• Like 1
  • Snow 3

Snowfall                                  Precip

2022-23: 95.0"                      2022-23: 17.39"

2021-22: 52.6"                    2021-22: 91.46" 

2020-21: 12.0"                    2020-21: 71.59"

2019-20: 23.5"                   2019-20: 58.54"

2018-19: 63.5"                   2018-19: 66.33"

2017-18: 30.3"                   2017-18: 59.83"

2016-17: 49.2"                   2016-17: 97.58"

2015-16: 11.75"                 2015-16: 68.67"

2014-15: 3.5"
2013-14: 11.75"                  2013-14: 62.30
2012-13: 16.75"                 2012-13: 78.45  

2011-12: 98.5"                   2011-12: 92.67"

It's always sunny at Winters Hill! 
Fighting the good fight against weather evil.

1 hour ago, MossMan said:

We only use mason jars for wine…Very little chance of breakage when dropped lol! 

Hey, I drink from mason jars, too, so I feel free to joke about using them as such. They are cheap, and, like you said, thick enough to resist breaking far better than expensive wine glasses.

• Excited 3
It's called clown range for a reason.

27 minutes ago, Phishy Wx said:

cautious optimism,  no ball spiking on the 10 yd line you guys.  please

patience Daniel Son 

Spiking the ball is fine on 1-3 down. Fumbling on the other hand is obviously an empty possession.

• Like 2

Springfield, Oregon regular season 2023-24 Stats:

• Coldest high: 25F (Jan 14, 2024)
  • Coldest low: 20F (Jan 14, 2024)
  • Days with below freezing temps: 24 (Most recent: Mar 8, 2024)
  • Days with sub-40F highs: 4 (Most recent: Jan 16, 2024)
  • Total snowfall: 0.0"
  • Total ice: 2.25”
  • Last accumulating snowfall on roads: Dec 27, 2021 (1.9")
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 15, 2024 (27F)
  • Last White Christmas: 1990
  • Significant wind events (gusts 45+): 0

Personal Stats:

• Last accumulating snowfall on roads: Dec 27, 2021
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 16, 2024 (32F)
  • Last White Christmas: 2008
  • Total snowfall since joining TheWeatherForums: 42.0"
  • Sub-freezing highs since joining TheWeatherForums: 4

Venmo

GoFundMe "College Basketball vs Epilepsy": gf.me/u/zk3pj2

My Twitter @CBBjerseys4hope

3 hours ago, Kolk1604 said:

-PNA looks even better on the 00z Euro 

ecmwf-sfc-all-pna-t_series-5964800.png

Why is the PNA important? Apparently it tanked in Feb 2021 and brought...absolutely nothing. That winter's coldest temp here was 23F on Oct 26, 2020.

• lol 1
  • Popcorn 2
  • Sad 1

Springfield, Oregon regular season 2023-24 Stats:

• Coldest high: 25F (Jan 14, 2024)
  • Coldest low: 20F (Jan 14, 2024)
  • Days with below freezing temps: 24 (Most recent: Mar 8, 2024)
  • Days with sub-40F highs: 4 (Most recent: Jan 16, 2024)
  • Total snowfall: 0.0"
  • Total ice: 2.25”
  • Last accumulating snowfall on roads: Dec 27, 2021 (1.9")
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 15, 2024 (27F)
  • Last White Christmas: 1990
  • Significant wind events (gusts 45+): 0

Personal Stats:

• Last accumulating snowfall on roads: Dec 27, 2021
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 16, 2024 (32F)
  • Last White Christmas: 2008
  • Total snowfall since joining TheWeatherForums: 42.0"
  • Sub-freezing highs since joining TheWeatherForums: 4

Venmo

GoFundMe "College Basketball vs Epilepsy": gf.me/u/zk3pj2

My Twitter @CBBjerseys4hope

Just now, TigerWoodsLibido said:

Why is the PNA important? Apparently it tanked in Feb 2021 and brought...absolutely nothing. That winter's coldest temp here was 23F on Oct 26, 2020.

Michael Snyder finds it to be most important pre-curser to launching the setup needed for storm production. It means the Aleutian Low is replaced with an Aleutian High ... He teaches well about it here;

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Chewbacca Defense said:

Well f*ck.......my wife had an ultrasound on her neck last Friday and got a call from her nurse first thing this morning saying to get in for a biopsy immediately.  My wife has a close relationship with this nurse and said "you are scaring me" and the nurse said "you need to take this seriously."  My wife works for a cancer center and spends her day going through all lab results and imaging reports for the area looking for indications of cancer in the results, which she passes on to the treatment team.  She pulled up her results and as she put it to me "I am trained to interpret the nuances of these reports, and the verbiage they used to describe my results is not good"

Of course we won't know for sure until the biopsy is performed and we get the results, but it is going to be a long agonizing wait since it will be Friday or Monday before they can get her in. 

She's felt this lump in her neck for several months but has been dragging her feet.  For some reason a husband's nagging is not as effective as a wife's nagging. 

So here is my PSA:  Get your regular check ups and if you find something on your body that doesn't seem right, get it checked out ASAP. 

Sorry for the random off topic post, but I was catching up on the forum when she told me and I don't know...this is kind of a big twisted f*cked up extended family (I mean that in a good way), and things are kind of spinning right now...I needed to vent.

Sheesh, I hope it's benign and nothing serious.🙏

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, kokaneekidz said:

Michael Snyder finds it to be most important pre-curser to launching the setup needed for storm production. It means the Aleutian Low is replaced with an Aleutian High ... He teaches well about it here;

He's an arrogant prick.

His expertise/knowledge is far overshadowed by his poor personality.

• Popcorn 1
  • Storm 1
  • Windy 1
  • Downvote 2
  • Weenie 1

11 minutes ago, Chewbacca Defense said:

Well f*ck.......my wife had an ultrasound on her neck last Friday and got a call from her nurse first thing this morning saying to get in for a biopsy immediately.  My wife has a close relationship with this nurse and said "you are scaring me" and the nurse said "you need to take this seriously."  My wife works for a cancer center and spends her day going through all lab results and imaging reports for the area looking for indications of cancer in the results, which she passes on to the treatment team.  She pulled up her results and as she put it to me "I am trained to interpret the nuances of these reports, and the verbiage they used to describe my results is not good"

Of course we won't know for sure until the biopsy is performed and we get the results, but it is going to be a long agonizing wait since it will be Friday or Monday before they can get her in. 

She's felt this lump in her neck for several months but has been dragging her feet.  For some reason a husband's nagging is not as effective as a wife's nagging. 

So here is my PSA:  Get your regular check ups and if you find something on your body that doesn't seem right, get it checked out ASAP. 

Sorry for the random off topic post, but I was catching up on the forum when she told me and I don't know...this is kind of a big twisted f*cked up extended family (I mean that in a good way), and things are kind of spinning right now...I needed to vent.

We had a similar Situation with my wife when she was pregnant in 2019.  The days pass slowly waiting for your turn at the cancer clinic.  It ended well for us and I hope 🤞 it does for you as well. 

• Like 7

20 minutes ago, JBolin said:

He's an arrogant prick.

His expertise/knowledge is far overshadowed by his poor personality.

I find that really surprising honestly but I’ve only seen his YouTube videos don’t know him. Seems alright to me I haven’t felt like or noticed that he’s a prick. Cliff mass…yeah I used to like him but not so much after the last couple years. 

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, kokaneekidz said:

He used to work at NWS Sandpoint now he works freelance.

I'm not gonna debate his character, I've interacted with him on social media for over a decade and his attitude, smugness and overall demeanor is garbage.

He may have "changed" but the fact remains that he is a negative personality I will never interact with again, I DGAF what he says or how knowledgeable he may be.

Your attitude is your reputation.

• Like 1
  • Popcorn 1
  • Weenie 1

4 minutes ago, JBolin said:

I'm not gonna debate his character, I've interacted with him on social media for over a decade and his attitude, smugness and overall demeanor is garbage.

He may have "changed" but the fact remains that he is a negative personality I will never interact with again, I DGAF what he says or how knowledgeable he may be.

Your attitude is your reputation.

I can relate to that. I once met Jeff Renner as a kid and he was very rude and arrogant. That is something that is hard to forget especially. A Youtube personality must go to ones head. I just take in the weather info and leave the rest.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Rubus Leucodermis said:

On the subject of Michael Snyder, he really thinks the pattern change is coming.

I think this is going to be one of the biggest seasonal flips for Seattle Portland Spokane and environs from a historical perspective, to drop upwards of 40 degrees in a week for highs is Montana-like climate wise.

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, kokaneekidz said:

I can relate to that. I once met Jeff Renner as a kid and he was very rude and arrogant. That is something that is hard to forget especially. A Youtube personality must go to ones head. I just take in the weather info and leave the rest.

My wife worked at Komo TV back in the late 90’s (well before we met) and she said that once in a great while staff from other channels would stop by to grab something or to chat with someone…Anyway she said that several from King 5 had quite a smugness about them when they would come by. She said that Kathy Goertzen, Dan Lewis, and Steve Pool were about as amazing and nice as you could get. 

• Like 6

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth! 

Throwback from 2016! Starting to miss that view I used to have.

30367603891_b3b4f045a9_o.jpg

• Like 5
  • Storm 1

Ashland, KY Weather

'23-'24 Winter

Snowfall - 5.50"
First freeze: 11/1 (32)
Minimum: 2 on 1/17

Measurable snows: 4
Max 1 day snow: 3" (1/19)

Thunders: 16
1/27, 1/28, 2/10, 2/22, 2/27, 2/28, 3/5, 3/6, 3/14, 3/15
3/26, 3/30, 3/31, 4/2, 4/3, 4/8, 

Severe storms: 2

-------------------------------------------------------
[Klamath Falls, OR 2010 to 2021]
https://imgur.com/SuGTijl

17 minutes ago, MossMan said:

My wife worked at Komo TV back in the late 90’s (well before we met) and she said that once in a great while staff from other channels would stop by to grab something or to chat with someone…Anyway she said that several from King 5 had quite a smugness about them when they would come by. She said that Kathy Goertzen, Dan Lewis, and Steve Pool were about as amazing and nice as you could get. 

Yup, I interned in the KOMO newsroom from '93 to '96 and the "power four" as I like to call 'em (Dan Lewis, Kathy Goertzen, Steve Pool and Eric Johnson) were genuine, natural personalities that you couldn't possibly hate. (Bruce King was another genuine soul).

I'm still convinced (to this day) that when Kathy Goertzen died, KOMO died with her. Her death is a loss I still can't get over, she was one in a million.

(As an aside), I'm still convinced to this day that Ken Schram was a KING5 mole sent to sabotage KOMO's reputation.

Mentioning KING5, the most arrogant on-air people I've ever had the displeasure of meeting were Jeff Renner, Rich Marriott, Jim Foreman (the rabid and caustic s*** that came out of his mouth on a daily basis), Dennis Bounds and Jean Enerson, (whom apparently was a klepto)

Susan Hutchison from KIRO is a dishonorable mention. 

Needless to say, there is a reason most folks don't tolerate negativity, bullshit and power-hungry attitudes from people.

(As a result, that's why Michael Snyder is someone I will never tolerate nor acknowledge ever again).

• Like 4
  • lol 1
  • Popcorn 1